llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Silk Road Act 1: Old Cairo  (Read 10853 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: The Silk Road Act 1: Old Cairo
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2018, 10:26:48 AM »
It would be nice to capture it, thought Jerome for a moment. Then he thought better of it.  Pilot might want to take us with him..

He switched his rockets to direct fire and fired a burst straight at the jumpship. 

"Fire in the hole!"

Critical Hit

The dropship is civilian, unarmored. The rockets shred the front of the light craft, ripping through the thin plasteel skin and turning the inside to burning pulp. The craft, already suffered from the laser burn through one of the flight controllers nose dives into the ground. It hits with a heavy thump and smolders, belching smoke out of the sidedoor. The remaining trio of thrill killers look absolutely lost, and terrified themselves.
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
Obutsu snorted as the dropship exploded. How wasteful.

He spied the three thrill killers. They seemed to be no longer a threat, and his Bushido sensibilities denied such fools the honor of a quick death. Plus, if they'd been out in the salt for a while, they might have some scrap of intel.

He strode the legs forward at full speed, raising his weapon. "Drop them if you want to live!" he shouted through the smoke and sand.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2018, 01:03:44 PM »
Blue fired at another of the raiders, then noticed the newly emerging figure. "Jerome, I got a newcomer spotted, and they seem to be offering the Thrill Killers the option of living! Isn't this our choice to make?" Blue inquired through the comm.
"I've got the bugger in my sights... "
Finger on the trigger, the neo-ethnic aimed at the exposed face, and halted. "Wait, the bugger is a) handsome and b) I happen to know him. Shooting may be unnecessary. With an emphasis on *may*, as this man is too correct and proper, and may behave irrationally. Honorably. I'd still try to deal pleasantly."
He's never had a friend like me.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2018, 01:50:38 PM »
"Sure, those @!#$ers got a long walk ahead of em.  Let him chat with them, but cut em down if they do anything funny.  Him too, if he does."

Jerome surveyed the scene and allowed himself to feel momentarily sorry for the psychos. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

He got up.  "Captain, I expect you got a whole lot more inspection to do after that s**tshow.  I'm going to check out the wreck with Tom and Jerry.  Might be something worth salvaging."

"Though with all that smoke, we need to bugger out as soon as you give us the go-ahead. Might get more visitors."

Jerome went to his cargo bot and pulled out a box of rockets. Not as many as he'd like, he thought as he began topping off his magazine.   "Come with me," he said to it. 

"Jerry, go get the camera drone. See how many pieces it's in and bring em back... gently!".  The skelebot looked back Jerome with its fixed grin, and hesitated a moment before getting up, as if it had better things to do.

He was thinking this as he came across the first dead 'killer.  His rocket had wrecked the 'killer's gun, but even a datapad was worth carrying. He scanned what was left of the 'killers face too. Could be a bounty.

Waste not, want not.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:54:47 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2018, 05:52:38 PM »
"Hey, captain Arjen ma'am, does your wonderful tank have a loudspeaker? Could you please call out to a the gentleman going by the moniker of Obutsu that we're wonderful friends, and wouldn't like to shoot him, hence he shouldn't try to shoot us either? Thanks!"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »
'Gladly,' she said, grabbing a mic from the dash of the turbo tank.

'Hail friend Ubuustsuu' Arjan said, 'You with the chicken legs, yes you, we are friendly I am told.'

'You @!#$ers, you scared fukkers, you drop weapons and drop your pants, or my genie will make you like a pasta pot!' she shouted
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 10:49:26 PM »
Matos hesitated. He’d tried to keep a relatively low profile coming to Old Cairo. It must not have been low enough if this tank crew already recognized him.

“I just need to ask these boys some questions,” he answered, eyes and gun still aimed at the thrill killers. “After that, não estou nem aí.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:17 AM »
"Okay then, get on with it," said Jerome, using his external speakers. "And make it quick. There's a scavenger camp not far off, and they might actually be a threat."

Pasta pot?.. Ah right, sieve. Heh.

"Any luck Jerry?"   Jerome had plenty of parts, but fixing the drone would take time.  Which Jerome did not figure they had.  He flipped his rocket rifle back to Infrared seeking. Wouldn't do to forget that...

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »
Obutsu eyed the frightened thrill killers. "Cargo ship got shot down recently. Was headed to Old Cairo. You see it? You see where it came down?" He held up a finger. "Don't answer yet. There was a woman on board - cat lady, tall, black. You see or hear about her? Know any reason she might be down there? Anyone she might be with?" He jiggled the VD 10-60 with his synthetic arm. "Tick-tock, boys. Give me something I can use."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 03:26:24 PM »
Obutsu eyed the frightened thrill killers. "Cargo ship got shot down recently. Was headed to Old Cairo. You see it? You see where it came down?" He held up a finger. "Don't answer yet. There was a woman on board - cat lady, tall, black. You see or hear about her? Know any reason she might be down there? Anyone she might be with?" He jiggled the VD 10-60 with his synthetic arm. "Tick-tock, boys. Give me something I can use."

The thrill-killers, pale and shaken, hands up in the air shake their heads. One, an attractive woman with silver hair spoke, 'I don't know about a shuttle or a cat woman,'

Another woman, this one with a LV (Louis Vuitton) beauty mark next to her eye, and chromed irises. 'Yeah I know about that, but I'm not with these two *******s' The other two look surprised by this outburst

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »
“Really.” Obutsu glanced at the other two, then back to the LV chick. “Okay. Talk. You got coordinates? Know if she brought any friends?”
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
“Really.” Obutsu glanced at the other two, then back to the LV chick. “Okay. Talk. You got coordinates? Know if she brought any friends?”

Adaeze got the once over on my and some of my circle, LV said, when I heard she got mixed up with some suspected terrorist and got shot down, I knew what I had to do, she said.

'I have the coords of where the shuttle went down, but its encrypted,' she tapped the size of her head. 'either you keep me safe and alive, or you cut out and hack my implant before anyone else finds the shuttle.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »
There was a long silence as Obutsu stared askance at the woman. Finally, he raised a finger from his left hand. “Wait here, please,” he said. The other two thrill killers looked nervous as he turned the legs toward the turbo tank. Matos sent a shot from the VD 10-60 arcing into the sand a few meters in front of the two, sending a shower of sand over them “Seriously. Don’t move.”

Tuening to the tank, he waved at the cockpit. “Can we have a word? Privately?”
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
Jerry held up the damaged drone.  Two of the props were crushed .

Not a catastrophic loss, but more work then he had time for. It sounded like salvaging the dropship was also going to take too much time.

Jerome changed his mind and headed towards the surviving thrill killers.  "Jerry, keep a bead on em. If they make a fast move, you know what to do."

Jerome moved up to the thrill killers.  "Keep your hands up or skullface there will drill you. Or the guy with the laser, or the lady with the tank. Or me. Maybe all at once. "

He collected the weapons the 'Killers had dropped.

"You can talk to me, - Obutsu - Me and Blue are the primaries on this - outing."

He sent a quick message over the conn opening an encrypted voice channel. He added an invite for Blue.  If Blue wanted to add the Captain, Jerome left that option open.

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »
"I find myself in a narrow strait and pressed for time, I'll be brief. I'm on a job and this garata you've encountered has information I need to complete it. I also don't feel like waltzing in to a potential fire fight on these rusty stilts. What I need is a ride.

"Now I imagine you galera have your own business to mind. So here's what I propose. You give me and the girl a lift to the job site - fire off a few rounds if you like - and let me finish my job, I'll lend a hand in whatever your work is. No cover charge, just an exchange of favors. How about it?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:36:50 PM by Dozus »
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2018, 01:10:04 PM »
"Well, if Blue say's you're in, then you're in.  How about it Blue?  Obutsu - We have a very specific shopping list at the shuttle, so we best clear that up before we get there.  "

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2018, 06:55:29 PM »
"First of all, a hearty welcome to my favourite street sam beefcake! Joao, haven't seen you around since we messed up at Anchorage! I say, scratch my back, and we scratch yours. Literally - I could use a backrub; if you promise to give me a good one, I say you're in on our little desert cruise. We're fresh out of coconuts, but I could conjure a Coke, being the most magical person in this little wheeled lamp. A djinn, they call me - would you believe that?"
Blue gave him the best charming maninc grin, then cooled down a little: "As for shopping lists and feline females, she's not a slave, is she? You *do* remember - where I am, there's no slaves. If it's a rescue, then by all means, let's come in like knights on shining horses. Shinining knights. On some sort of fancy horses." The neo-ethnic concluded, one self-administered slap later: "If we can agree on the aforementioned specifics, then I'm the best friend you've ever had. So?"

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
Matos gave half a grin. “Blue. Didn’t know you were operating out here. Keeping busy, then?

“No rescue. It’s a hit. If that’s a problem, we don’t need to do business. No harm, no foul.”

He nodded toward Jerome. “What’s on this list?”
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
"Bots, and guns. Arco lasers.  Rest is for us. Unless you're planning on killing a robot, I think we're golden.  I think Blue is in it for some 'pharma."

"Captain, are we good to go? I'm getting real tired of the scenery here."

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2018, 03:55:09 AM »
"I don't mind driving you to a hit, Joao, I do enjoy killing someone who has it coming from time to time as well. Ha! Scratch that, if they have it coming, you can see me... um ... coming to get them, and enjoying it! Also, you gotta promise that back rub before I say yes. With most sapients, you gotta promise more than a massage to get them to say 'yes'.  This is an awesome discount!"
While waiting for the answer, Blue chirped to Jerome: "So, we're keeping the LV tramp, and shooting the rest? I'm cool with that, just say the word."

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2018, 10:10:07 AM »
Arjan looked at the prisoners and the kibbitzing 'runners. She ties the hands of the three prisoners, and drags LV to the back of the turbotank and tosses her in. 'I pop rescue smoke, and the wastelanders will come collect these muscori and take of our mess for us.'

She takes a smoke canister from one of the dead bodies, and smiles, 'Their guide might have already been planning this, he has raider smoke' she says and pops the tab on it. Black smoke boils out of the canister and she tosses it at the feet of the former thrill killers.

'We go now, the raiders will come for their obed, their lunch,' she laughs and gets back in the tank driver's seat, her auto-pistol prominent on her hip.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2018, 01:02:28 PM »
Joao unstrapped himself from the legs and hopped down. Better not get a bill for this trash, he thought ruefully. He gave a nod to the surviving thrill killers. “You see? Still breathing as promised. Bushi no ichigon kintetsu no gotoshi. The word of a warrior is as iron and gold.”

Slinging his weapon onto his back, Matos boarded the tank. He ran his hand against the interior as he walked, nodding in apparent satisfaction. He then turned his attention to the LV chick. “Cadê seu amiga, irmã? Sooner we get to her, sooner you can be on your way.”
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
Jerome briefly considering wasting the two other thrill-killers, but dismissed it. They chose to hunt, and the game had turned against them.

"Let's get the @!#$ out of here. Tom, Jerry, get in, and don't damage the woman."

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2018, 03:06:26 PM »
Obutsu stood stood near Blue, eyeing him. "Did you know my mother was a whore?" he said after a moment. "Our local slum lord, Adriano, forced her into the life. He had clients up in Novo São Paulo, zaibatsu bosses and rich bichos who were tired of daimakura and pribnows, but couldn't afford gynoids. My mother's flesh was priced cheaper than a robot.

"She did it for years. No real choice, if we wanted a roof over our heads. One night her handler came back without her. Man in the arco had used her up. He was into some hard sado stuff. Broke her neck. I was twelve.

"When the zaibatsu gave me this - " He flexed his mechanical arm, the titanium showing through the translucent outer sheathe. " - I swore I'd find the man that killed my mother. And you know what?" He smiled. "I did. Adriano told me with his last breath. I could have gotten the desgraçado then, but I bided my time. Then Mr. Lee gave me this." He patted the sheathed monofilament katana at his side. "I named him Obaluaiê. My mother used to worship that old dead god. They say he is a god of vengeance, of retribution." He pulled the blade just out of its sheathe, the metal glimmering in the mechanical light of the tank. "Obaluaiê's first taste of blood was the filho da puta that killed my mother. That treated her like a whore."

The blade slid silently back. He looked Blue in the eye. "After that day, no son of Beatriz Matos is anyone's manservant. You want a back rub? Do it yourself, porro loco."

After a second, Joao laughed. "Good to see you again, Blue."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »
"I have missed your upstanding and just nature, it does leave me all hot and bothered, and with a belief for a brighter tomorrow. No sarcasm here, I ran fresh out or sarcasm pills, can't censor myself if I wanted, either."
Blue hugged him, burrowing face first into the less metallic shoulder, whispering.
"But, I must disappoint you - I out-whore you. Whoring was my raison d'etre, my prime directive, why I was made. Not too glamorous, one may think - but I checked the books - I am a very expensive plaything, custom-made for a disgustingly wealthy bastard of a nerd, by a legion of eggheads. You know why I speak Japanese? Because he wanted me to watch vintage cartoons with him, after we did stuff that would make your mother blush. And, after shoving what basically amounted to a fire extinguisher up my ass during 'playtime', he would drink from me, speaking of love."
Through the fabric of the combat fatigues, Blue pressed two very pointy breasts against Joao's chest. "These puppies lactate on command... and you'd have to be less of a choir boy to even hear what the rest of this freak show does."

A tear on cheek, rare waste of water, Blue stepped back, speaking slightly louder: "So, I know my share of whoring. I ended my maker, his whole household, even the f!cking exotic fish and the firetruck crew who came to quench the flames. We're basically whore-vengeance buddies."
Hands at the hips, somewhat re-composed, Blue chided him:
"So, it's even sadder. Really, you should feel lucky, I offered you a ride, for the low price of one standard back-rub, for you know how sore the shoulders of idealists grow, all the world's burdens upon them? You should have offered me a back-rub. I am no lady, but by all hells, on occasion I like to be made to feel like one. Anyways, scratch it, your fare is a third of the fuel from here to the shuttle site, and I guess back to Cairo, too, and as I am not a total ditz on most days, I'll calculate a fair proportion of the tank's rent, too, based on how far exactly you ride. Plus the cost of a standard back-rub without happy end from a middle-class massage parlour, because you made me cry. Take it or leave it, and if you take it, come inside for a brewski, I have some alcohol-free because that's not haram."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:38:10 AM by EchoMirage »