llamaenterhear

Author Topic: The Call of Captain thulu v.4  (Read 643 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
The Call of Captain thulu v.4
« on: July 11, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Roack

• Mathom's chosen
  • Grand Master
  • ɹoʊ̯æk
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 Lifeforms Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: The Call of Captain thulu v.4
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »
There's something very nostalgic about that, takes me back to the '00s.

As a side note I'm really craving fish tacos, now.
"Yeah, I'm totally gonna finish this, soon."

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »
With Home Chef, we've learned how to make our own fish tacos, fried and grilled, and they are hella good. Now I want some fish tacos with sriracha sauce

:beer2:
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Roack

• Mathom's chosen
  • Grand Master
  • ɹoʊ̯æk
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 01:01:29 AM »
Sriracha > Everything.

Do you batter your fish or just get a good sear on it? I always struggle to get fish crisped without overcooking it without doing a fried breading, but I'm really trying to nail that.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
Sriracha > Everything.

Do you batter your fish or just get a good sear on it? I always struggle to get fish crisped without overcooking it without doing a fried breading, but I'm really trying to nail that.

Both ways. Two things that can undercut you, having a cheap skillet that doesn't heat well or evenly, and having the temp too high. Typically shouldn't go over 5-6 on the dial, and it should take 4-5 minutes to cook the fish. Breaded or not doesn't really matter. Breaded will have oil, just seared won't. T-fal, and the rest of the stuff they sell at Wal-Mart is junk. Typically any of the celebrity chef endorsed cookwear is going to be of a better quality, and won't break the bank quite like Calphalon or the stuff Williams-Sonoma carries. If pennies need to be pinched, TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morning typically carry good grade cookwear at much more palatable price.

Offline Roack

• Mathom's chosen
  • Grand Master
  • ɹoʊ̯æk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 05:25:02 AM »
Good to know, thanks!

Oh how I dream of a Calphalon set some day... I moved back home and my parents don't invest a whole lot in cookware since neither of them cook much. Our pans are probably my biggest issue right now, if not the general lack of more niche equipment. I really need to get a cake decorating stand.
(Or maybe a job.)

Offline Quinton Segonia

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 12:26:00 AM »
Good to know, thanks!

Oh how I dream of a Calphalon set some day... I moved back home and make best use of secockpit of my parents don't invest a whole lot in cookware since neither of them cook much. Our pans are probably my biggest issue right now, if not the general lack of more niche equipment. I really need to get a cake decorating stand.
(Or maybe a job.)

Yes,that's really a good idea,hope you good luck.

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 06:41:52 AM »
So one of the weird things thats suddenly gotten popular here where I live is rock painting.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/35871660/athens-tn-participating-in-rockin-scavenger-hunt

My wife has gotten into it, and I have painted a few myself.