llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Mourngrymn's Crazy Idea to Change Religion.... Again!!!  (Read 657 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Golden Creator Locations Guild Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Mourngrymn's Crazy Idea to Change Religion.... Again!!!
« on: February 11, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
So. I was laying in bed this morning and thinking about Hewdamia. Working on my game in my head so to speak. I've been thinking for a while now to change the Deity aspect of Hewdamia. I created another mock setting with my Untold War and I really liked some aspects of it and wanted to somehow combine the two together. Really liking how the original Gods walked the world long before they created mortals in their images. Now, jump to this morning.

I started thinking about altering my Deities even more. So here is my thought. Created a new religion based around a single God. This God is the typical all knowing, omnipotent, not wanting to get their hands dirty and get involved in the mortal realm and is just as happy and content watching them burn and destroy everything as they are watching it turn into a Utopian society. So, then add in the Deities I currently have and wish to add. They are no more than this single God's Avatars. Aspects of himself which he refuses to control solely himself so all of these aspects or avatars are in fact just different personalities of himself. (Or herself, or itself... random thought the singular God could be Cthulhuish  :cthulhu: in nature) Every aspect of his personality both the good and the bad and the indifferent are all formed aspects into avatars that are the hands on type. They are viewed as the Gods of the world by the morals that inhabit it. The mortals are mostly ignorant of the one singular God, or perhaps there is a group, small (cult like in nature) that has found the truth and worship this One Singular God as the True God but are seen as crazy lunatics for their beliefs.

Now these Avatars, what the world sees as the real Gods, have a physical hand in the nature of things. They fight with one another (Thinking of voices in the head of the true God fighting each other makes for interesting color to me.  :chain:) They work with each other at times, and even have the ability to come to the mortal realm at times. Which is where the Demi-Gods or half gods come into play. I have a few half gods I am working into the world and this would finally see a reason and an explainable way to put them in. Tamrep and Shivenhusk for example.

Right now it is just a rough idea and I was just throwing it out here for myself to keep up with it and someone to throw dirt or mud at it and tell me once again I have taken on a task far too large to accomplish.

I'll fade back into the shadows again while I ponder this some more.
Acolyte Ysuron the Undying Grymn – Necromancer Cult – Level 1
STR: 1 | END: 3 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 6 | INT: 5
Authentic Semi-Retired Strolenite©®

Current completed guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Acolyte
Current guild quest.
Necromancer's Cult Quest - Deathpriest
Hewdamia

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: Mourngrymn's Crazy Idea to Change Religion.... Again!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »
So this all seeing all knowing god functionally has multiple personalities that mortals mistake for deities, and border personality disorder, for not really caring what happens, so long as something interesting happens?
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
  • Awards Golden Creator Locations Guild Questor Systems Guild Society Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
Odd way of looking at it but... yeah

Current guild quest.
Hewdamia

Offline Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
Some random concepts that I have used that might help you allong, perhaps the big God is a 4d or even 5D being and the lesser gods are one step down, I used this on my Prime material god, actually the brain of the prime material plane
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
or what about a 'thulu y Tiamat!
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Mourngrymn

• Ruler of Hewdamia
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 11:10:04 PM »
Was thinking more of a Cthulhu type with each tentacle being an Avatar/ God thingy.

Current guild quest.
Hewdamia