llamaenterhear

Author Topic: something something...  (Read 10439 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: something something...
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 10:47:46 AM »
yes, your background and foreground are coming up New thread will be the actual game. This can be the OOC. And yes, further posts are coming to explain all.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 07:04:07 PM »
yes, your background and foreground are coming up New thread will be the actual game. This can be the OOC. And yes, further posts are coming to explain all.
:thumbup:

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 04:22:02 AM »
Have I missed something, or was the way how Altoth got to shuffle along never resolved? I am uncertain how to write the scene in the new thread, or how to interact with the character at all  :read:
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 09:55:30 AM »
Althoth is looking for a specific body, though it may be possible to tell what it is without simply murdering everyone until he finds it.  Possession usually requires a live subject anyway -otherwise its Animation.

the Demon inside Althoth, being quite old is likely well versed wit various secrets, and so may have information vital to your quest.  He comes because he has had signs/premonitions that his quarry might be found on your island, and until now did not have the resources to obtain a ship. 

Thoughts?

Althoth at this point has been a somewhat touched old man - not unusual for his age, but some indications that more lies beneath may be evident. Perhaps he was a powerful wizard when he was younger, before losing some duel, summoning something he shouldn't or botching a ritual.

He hasn't started murdering crewmen or passengers and is smart enough not to do so - yet :)

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »
The main point we have to address is that Gerhard is hyper-sensitive to exactly spiritual presences, hence the nature of Althoth's passenger - or was Althoth the name of the demon? - will not be hidden to the mage.
Thus, the question is, how well can Althoth find out what people want? Gerhard wants mainly two things - learn of the origins of his strange blessing, and of the Magic of Man. Due to obvious reasons, he doesn't wear this on his sleeve, considering that many people in the setting would not react too well to his nature or studies. Thus, if Althoth (for example) took time to spy on him, and to extrapolate from the mage's studies what he might be looking for, Althoth may be able to convince him to give him a ride. The beastie just has to be careful what picture it paints of itself.

Any ideas how the evening conversation may have played out?
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Elite NPC Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 01:26:32 PM »
Althoth's host - Zylonion - also sought out the Magic of Man. Either Demon or Host may know of the location of the island, or a location on the island, or even the means to bypass specific locks (magic of course) at the location.

An acquaintance of Gerhard arranged the contact with Zylonion due to the shared interest in the Magic of Man.

Perhaps Althoth is shielded well enough that his true nature is at best - inconclusive.  To confirm your suspicions would require delving deeper than polite discourse would allow :).

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »
Cool. I can work with that  :thumbup:

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »
Cool, you guys figured it out without me. Great way to connect the two characters.  :D

I'm back to posting all this week!! yes, Moonlake, there is still your character info coming up!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »
yes, Moonlake, there is still your character info coming up!

No hurries, and it looks like we have 3 mage PCs.

Human (Level 2)

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »
Looks like the names got exchanged.  Ah well. The Demon's name - one not known to Gerhard is Zylonion and his hosts name is now Althoth to avoid any revisions :)

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »
Moonlake, you're on board Fate's Plight with the lads :)

Will write up the how's and why's here in ooc tonight.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »
Dramatis Personae

The PCs
Gerhard Larran/Cellmate
Altoth/Zylonion
Mi'ilvaree Karawn

The NPCs
Alasdair Arden
Ivor
Joleri Dirza
Captain Corlin Sharlto
First mate Ebrin Sharlto
Werrus the bosun
Old Blind Bhroo 'the Navigator"

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »
When that accursed albino sorcerer betrayed his own kin, by guiding the navies of the Young Kingdoms past the impregnable Sea Maze which protected Imrryr the Dreaming City, allowing it to be sacked, the fates of his fellow Melniboneans changed forever.

One such affected was Mi'il Karawn, a minor baroness, whose manse and lands were burned to the ground by the invading forces of men.

There was little she could do but flee the Sleeping Isle. She fled alone, tossing a sack of gems at some hapless Melnibonean fisherman, to extract herself from her homeland, bidding the man to ferry her across the sea to the Isle of Purple Towns. Her sorcery aided the vessel's escape.

Some time later, while deciding what to do next, as she brooded from tavern to tavern in Menii, she was approached by an eager paramour. The young man was besotted, though Mi'il had no romantic interest in the manling in return.

Conversation did follow however, and eventually Mi'il learned that the man's father was a reputable merchant captain of some renown. She decided at this point that she would explore the world, to see what it had to offer her.

The captain's name was Corlin Sharlto, and the besotted young man his son, Ebrin. Mi'il offered her second sack of gems (leaving her the one) and negotiated a deal with the captain. She would travel from port to port with the Sharltos. After all, in these dangerous times, she figured living aboard a merchant ship was safer than actually owning a residence in one of these filthy manling towns.

And so it was settled. Mi'il would take the ship's finest cabin for herself and stay aboard Fate's Plight as long as she wanted, as father and son plied their trade, guiding the vessel from port to exotic port.

A minor sorcerer, Mi'il's possessions include a small sack of tourmalines and garnets, as well as the Pact Ring. A plain band of silver which in fact summons Fileet, the Mistress of Birds, or her minions to aid Mi'il in her time of need. She also owns and wields an ensorcelled steel dagger which takes the shape of a longsword whenever she wills it to. Mi'ilvaree Karawn is quite adept at wielding "both" blades, though she rarely resorts to physical confrontation if she can avoid it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:07:27 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 09:37:06 PM »
Got it, will try to do a Mi'il post tonight.
Edit: read through the whole thread but bed time already, brain not functioning so will post tmr.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:37:28 AM by Moonlake »

Human (Level 2)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 09:29:59 AM »
K, i thought there would be more talking between you folks :). Guess it's my turn. Onwards we sail!! (this week)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:41:08 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »
Well, I thought that being a Melnibonean, I'm supposed to be a snob or else on drugs, am I not?  :wink:

Human (Level 2)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »
snob works. Not sure about the drugs lol. She can be whatever you want her to be  :thumbup:

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
So far, I'm going with snob, I was originally tempted to throw in about drugs but then somehow it didn't fit into my post. I'm mainly still introducing Mi'il though I've set up about sth happening to her with the other 2 PCs.

Human (Level 2)

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 06:42:51 AM »
I'm wrapping up the first round of my revision for the epub but should be able to post by tmr. And since I'm not posting yet, I might as well ask a few questions: do you want me to keep mainly the Onishman plot or is it okay to introduce minor stuff that might be plot hook for later? Currently if I just react to latest post, Mi'il will just do her magic and I'm not sure how the Onishman thing goes (but then my attention is currently on revision so...) but I got this little idea about her Pact ring.

Human (Level 2)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »
The stranded Oinishman is not a "plot", just a happening (or is it...bwahaha), and yes, you can introduce anything you like, and feel free to ignore anything you don't. We are "sand-lotting" it across the queer seas...  :thumbup:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »
all right, I'm the gal who can't really distinguish b/w plot and event though. :P

Human (Level 2)

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2016, 06:48:23 AM »
Changed my mind, will just do a short post.

Human (Level 2)

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
Gilson "Four-Fingers" Chrom

Ship's cook, rarely seen leaving or boarding the ship. Most of the sailors assume that "Four-Finger" Chrom carries an ill-fate about him as he appears in the empty halls of the ship, only to vanish even faster and with no where to disappear in the twisting dead ends they tend to find him.

Hailing from Isle of Purple Towns, Gilson wears his slightly graying beard long and wild as is traditional with nearly all Sealords. He is missing  his index finger on his left hand, an "accident with a meat cleaver on his last ship" that has never been verified by any member of the crew. A large man with a decent amount of girth to his waist that is at odds with his ability to move throughout the ship and ports they visit while seemingly vanish without a trace. More than one of the crew has tried to follow the cook as he goes about his business of procuring food only to have him vanish into a blind alley. Most of the sailors whisper about his ability to perform magic, whether it is to turn invisible or to put out amazing dinners on a whim.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
Woot! A chef!!

I guess my only question is, how are we pronouncing "chrom"? Crom? Ch'rome?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 07:39:57 PM »
Most likely it is pronounced Crom

d**n good cook with amazing hand eye coordination so his story of a butcher knife accident on ship during a stormy sea is hardly ever believable to the crew... Most assume he is hiding his thieving past and punishment