llamaenterhear

Author Topic: topics for Chinese lore (weapons, myths and others)  (Read 1218 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
topics for Chinese lore (weapons, myths and others)
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:00:42 AM »
Just wanting a general brainstorm/poll on what others think are good topics to go under my Chinese lore codex.
I've already put up a bunch of weapons (broadswords, bows, in the process of writing up spears, swords are already done by someone and I've posted up a link to it), horses, a particular type of string instrument and then planning to do some Chinese myths. Also recently decided to add Chinese beauties. Anything else people are interested in? Not lifeforms- already have them under another Codex (for those who don't know).

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 Lifeforms Guild Article Guild
    • Awards
Re: topics for Chinese lore (weapons, myths and others)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:39:12 AM »
as you know Im a big fan of your lifeform posts, I would love for them to be expanded on, the ones there more fleshed out and more creatures, that is my fondest wish
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
Yes, I know, I found a link that translated the main ancient text from which all these lifeforms came from into modern day Chinese (I don't understand archaic Chinese, I can guess some meanings here and there but sometimes I'm very far off) and expansion of the Chinese lifeform Codex is on my worklist sorta but it's not that high in terms of ranking. I want to get the epub short story out of the way first and then go back to my stalled novel. Citadel wise, short term plan is to release one more sub to make it to the next level.

Unfortunately, I seem to go by whims when I write. And a lot of the times I start subs, get only part of the way through and then something else will catch my interest. With the Chinese lifeforms, I intend to add more in the long term but I can't say when I shall actually get to doing the expansions.

Human (Level 2)

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
Anyone interested in Chinese historical/folklore figures? I recently added Chinese beauties but not sure what other groups I can add? Empeorors? Would not be too boring? Corrupt/villainous officials? I'm just throwing out ideas. Also, I don't promise to get to these any time soon, these are just side dishes for me as I intend to go back to my stalled novel and finish the first draft.

Human (Level 2)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »
What do you mean by Chinese beauties exactly? What it sounds like, or?

I'd like to actually see an "adventure module" featuring some of the entries from your series of related subs, since you're asking.  :)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:10 PM »
Chinese beauties meaning women famous for beauty.

Hmmm... an actual adventure module, I haven't ever produced one and to be honest, I'm always a bit iffy to start. I have a few dungeon ideas but again that's the category furthest from what I know so haven't really thought about turning them to subs. As for the lifeforms, it seems that I will need to write an adventure on open plains. Don't know, will store this to chew upon.

Human (Level 2)