llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Hello Strolen, Hello Citadel  (Read 1122 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Mageek

• Apprentice
  • Found the Profile Modification Page
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Dungeon Guild Elite Dungeon Guild
    • Awards
Hello Strolen, Hello Citadel
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
<slam door> *pant* *wheeze* ...
<looks up>
Did you know there is an angry barbarian horde out there?!

I am 24, male, from California. Full-time grad student. Unmarried
The name "Mageek" comes from "Magic Geek", I played a lot of MTG in high school. Now it has sort of stuck.
Started role-playing in when I was 14, my father has the original AD&D source books, and started DMing D&D 3.5 when I was 16ish.
My group enjoys puzzles more than most. I originally found the Citadel while searching for D&D riddles.
I love the site, love the system, and love sharing my work. Never hesitate to comment / let me know what you like / let me know what could be improved / let me know you used or adapted something.
Looking forward to more constructive role-playing design and development!

Systems: D&D 3.5, 5.0, & Gurps. Nowadays it is mostly pathfinder.
Minis: used to be into Warhammer 40k. Go Dark Angels.
Favorite Class: Something with lots of options. Tends to be utility casters and rogues.
Board games: Love 'em.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Hello Strolen, Hello Citadel
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »
Great intro, Mageek. A belated welcome, and LOVE the riddle/puzzle niche you have carved out for yourself.  :)

Cheers! (Yay for original AD&D sourcebooks)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 07:34:40 PM »
Mageek!!

I will answer your questions in reverse order.

Yes.

Aside from that, you have definitely left your mark in the Citadel and we are better for it!

Iz gotz the Redz too!!! Yahoo for originals.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Mageek

• Apprentice
  • Found the Profile Modification Page
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Dungeon Guild Elite Dungeon Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 11:24:44 AM »
Thank you! I only recently discovered the forums.

I was curious - is there a reason behind the 30/30 posts? Is that a number to shoot for when doing categorical entries?

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
No particular reason behind the 30 number. It just stuck around after the initial 30-something post became popular. Use any number you like :)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
The original 30 submission, 30 Barkeeps, was panned in the previous incarnation of the Citadel. I got the idea from the Vampire: the Masquerade game, where there were thirty nature/demeanors listed in the character creation section.

The idea gained popularity in the new citadel, and now there are lots of 30s. In creating thirty entries with a common theme, you are pressed out of the proverbial box and have to break new ground.
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg