llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 723 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Relaxedtimes

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Greetings and Salutations
« on: July 16, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Hi all!  I have been gaming since 1977, and in all that time I never adventured to your site.  Wonder how much I have missed out on in that time here?  So this is supposed to be an intro so here it goes.  First, as I said gaming since 1977, played probably about 18-22 years of my total waking hours.  I started with D&D and have played probably 60% of all written rpg's.  Next, I am a freeform GM, this means that rule mongers need not think of me as their type of gm.  I also believe in Roleplaying more then Rollplaying as such the plots are deep and complicated and often you wont slay a single monster in a session.  As for rule mongers, my finest example of why I don't like it is a Shadowrun game where I played a Troll, if you never played the game troll's are horribly slow, and I wanted to create a stick grenade, by taping 6 handgrenades to a stick and stringing them together to pull all the pins at once, I had acquired 8 crates of grenades.  My character was a demolition expert and this all seemed simple enough, however the GM would not allow it as there were no rules to allow it.
Currently I am running my own version of D&D following the first rule of gaming and using the books as information sources and not the definitive LORD of Rule.  My campaign world has 576 major continents with a multitude of minor continents and islands, also some 178 flying continents.  Its has a multitude of moons, and currently 7 of them are other planets orbiting the world of Tearnog.  BIG you say; Yes I say; all Mapped you ask; No program will handle it yet I say; to great to traverse in a lifetime you say; flying ships I say  :wink:.  It has a 16 month calendar with 35 days in each month and the 1st is always on a Sunday, oh and the world is finally starting to balance itself out after the Great Cataclysm and the length of day will be 36 hours thanks to all the moons/planets its not all that dark at night  :D.  So you ask what is the story line well the New Gods are about to be ousted by the Old Gods ........................ anything more is both still in play and for those who join in the future what you will shape. 
I could continue but as my wife reminds me I could end up writing a Novel before pressing the button below to post so there is my intro.

P.S. BTW I am also a world traveler living all over it most of my younger life but currently the NorthWest is my Home.  :D

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Questor NPC Guild
    • Excursions from the Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Greetings and Salutations
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Hello I dare say, Northwest you say? NorthWest of what I ask.

Offline fantomx11

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »
Welcome. I'm fairly new here myself. I love that you do largely freeform. That is my preferred gaming as well. However, last night I got my first chance to play FU, and that really enhanced the freeform experience. If you haven't tried it before and like freeform, you might want to check it out.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 12:05:46 PM »
 :ahh:

:jawdrop:

:bow:

Do you have a website where post any of the Magnum Opus? Sounds like somebody could get lost in it for years!!

Welcome to the Citadel! Excited to see your input and opinions on what we have going on here.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.