llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Pre-generated Pubs  (Read 1122 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Rizaleous

• Apprentice
  • Skittering from the Shadows
    • Awards
Pre-generated Pubs
« on: June 25, 2015, 04:32:49 PM »
Hey folks,

In the last few day's I've been taking some time to work on a new project. I recently read an article online about how to make memorable barkeepers. The person who wrote it broke it down into five basic features that can really add a new breath of life to the pubs that players so often frequent for information (at least in my games). I've created a dozen pre-generated barkeepers that you are all welcome to use in your games, but after having read over the concept, if you all have any creative barkeeps to contribute to this that would be awesome. The end goal would be a 52-54 set of tarot-sized barkeep cards that Strolen's Citadel can call their own.

The Concept is this, each bartender has a past that does not require too much planning and which can be easily acted out. For instance Devin Strongjaw, the ex-barbarian orc, has a deepseated passion for axes and very easily gets lost in a good time due to his low intellect. Each bartender has a physical feature that helps define their history as well. Devin has dents in his bald head and long scars on his chest, he's obviously fought for his life before. Next the bartenders have some sort of trait or traits that bring them to life and help guide the GM to act them out better, and a set of predefined reactions to general situations. All in all, this is supposed to create a deep barkeep that is fun for the GM to act out, and fun for the players to interact with. thus improving the immersion of the game for everyone! check em out!

Glad to see any and all contributions!

Thanks folks!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Pre-generated Pubs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:11:30 PM »
Fun idea! (Heh, stamen to pistil :D )

You sir, shall have some more of these shortly! This I vow.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Plot Guild Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »
Brilliant!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Rizaleous

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:57:30 PM »
Here are three more that i've created. More to come as they come to me (haha)

Offline Rizaleous

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:53:55 AM »
Hey folks, just so everyone knows, after almost a year in development, the pre-generated pubs are officially finished. Since the recent release of the D&D 5 OGL, i have published my work on the DMs Guild. The end product sports 52 pubs in the same format as what can be seen above only re-sized to fit perfectly on 3.5" by 2.5" playing cards.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
Cool! You need to let us know if you sell any of these :)

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »
Awesome! And what valadaar said.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p