llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Tavern Party  (Read 34819 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • http://hodgepodger.pitas.com
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2003, 12:35:41 AM »
OOC: All right, where were we....Oh yes! Ahem... :wink:

::Morgandy was busy searching a seperate area of the woods. She was concerned for Irinya too. Like Rode, Morgandy also heard the strange music, but it was hardly unlike the music of the Faes, so it was nothing odd to her. Little did she know it was Irinya singing and raising water with her voice. Soon, through Morgandy's frantic searching and scrambling through the thick trees, she heard Rode's voice calling her back and immediately followed it back to the main road. There, standing beside Rode, was Irinya. Completely calm and unhurt. Morgandy gaped in amazement. "Wa-" She stammered. "Where have you been, Irinya?! Rode and I were worried!" The confused and clueless Fae couldn't understand why the two elves had such gleeful looks on their faces.::
~"I used to drink coffee...It made me jittery."-Brak
~"How much were you drinking?"-Space Ghost
~"Oh, about 20 or 40 gallons a day."-Brak

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2003, 11:20:01 AM »
" I am sorry Morgandy I didn't wish to worry you I only needed to think... I found a lake nearby and its beauty was so great that it completely took me in and I lost track of time! Do forgive me but all will be explained after we reach the gates of Hillanya...."  Rode now began to speak as he hastened his step,  "Now we must hurry on we have to reach the gates while the moon still shines upon them.  The gates lay just after a long and dangerous plainland that is easy to travel but provides us with little cover....We know now that these are dangerous times and to have no choice but waint an entire day on an open field would be to much risk let us now go forth...
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2003, 05:33:42 AM »
OOC: That intro is fine wit me. I GET TO BE A CRYSTAL GENIUS!!!!! YYYYAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!
Sorry. I'll keep quiet.
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2003, 10:03:24 AM »
OOC: Thats right I figured I would let you comem up with your own name (doesn't have to be Svyel) mistake I made at first!   Umm when you turn comes up please leave a discription of your character!  

The three traveled faster and faster under the quite shadow of night.... the night was getting late they had seen nothing but open field since they left the forest dwelling.  The moon was full and bright it cast a silver glow over the barren land As they traveled they now saw a forest before them.   Rode slowed his pace as he walked up to the forest wall  then he placed his hand on a tree and whispered something and as he did this a gate appeared before the company.. he walked up to the gate and placed his left hand on the gate then a brilliant white light was given off it made th etravelers shield there eyes this light had incredible wrmth and as it slowly faded once again into the sleepy light of the moon they had no choice but to wait until there eyes allowed them to ajust to the sudden change in light.... were the gate once stood now lay a city.........

This city was simplistic in its beauty evey thing had a gleam about it the water looked like diamonds made liquid; it had such clarity....  the people were so courteous and offered them food and drink no one had recognized the prince yet then he called to the nearest  Guard, " Sir I must see the King... the guard said at once who am I to say who calls... he said Tell him it is Rode...

The king was over joyed ot once again see his son then he whispered in his ear .... "father my jupuiney is not over yet I must speek to the druid at once it is of great importance... "I will call him but first you must go and refresh yourselves ...."  He called a maid and quickly they retreated to different rooms were they were bathed and given new clothes to wear.....  
when they were sent word to come and meet in the study the druid has arrived...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2003, 05:40:59 PM »
OOC: Ha ha, Svyel... :lol: The following is a reply to Adel's message before last.

::Morgandy nodded to Irinya. "All right, Irinya. I'm sorry if I sounded angry. I was just worried about you." For the moment, Morgandy ignored the urge to ask about the strange music. She let Augustine walk freely without holding her reins, for the loyal horse followed Morgandy. Suddenly, an uncrontrollable urge to take the crystal swept over Morgandy for the first time. She tried desperately to fight it, and hoped the elves didn't notice Morgandy acting strange. She knew she could've never avoided this curse's effects, but still fought it. Sweat now trickled down her forehead, she was trembling slightly, and her eyes flitted this way and that nervously; all in an effort to avoid taking the crystal.::

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2003, 06:01:44 PM »
OOC: This following post is a reply to Adel's last post.

::Morgandy couldn't believe her eyes. The city was like nothing she had ever seen! Her forest home had its natural beauty unspoiled by civilization, and had many grand towers and buildings where the Faes lived, but none was like this city of glittering jewels. She walked in a slight daze with Rode and Irinya with frantic Augustine behind her. The poor horse was frantic with shock at this bright city, and no one could calm her for only Morgandy could charm that horse, and she was unaware. The fae soon regained her wits when they entered the palace, though. A stable boy offered to take Augustine to the stable, and Morgandy quickly calmed her frightened horse so the boy could take her. After Rode spoke to his father, the King of Hillanya, the three of them followed a maid to each of their seperate rooms.

Morgandy's room was quite luxurious and spacious. The bed sheets and blankets were red velvet, and the wood of the dresser, table, two chairs, and vanity was dark mohagony. there were two wax candles in the room, and red velvet drapes hung lazily over the large window looking out on the palace courtyard. Morgandy was brought back to her senses when the maid asked her name and where she came from. "I've never seen a Fae before. Forgive me for my intruding, but I am quite interested." Morgandy took no offense at all, and answered her question. "My name is Morgandy. I am a Forest Fae from the Eastern forest of the nearby Citadel. I have come with Rode and Irinya on a quest. But I am sorry I cannot tell you of the quest's purpose, for it is very secret." The maid nodded. She asked if Morgandy would like a warm bath and fresh clothes, and Morgandy accepted. She took comfort in the bath, and changed into fresh new clothes. The gown Morgandy received was light golden with silver trim. She also got golden slippers, and a silver circlet for her head. Morgandy exited her new room and met Rode and Irinya in the hall, both looking regal themselves. They then went to the study, where the met the Druid who would examine the crystal and tell them about it. Morgandy felt a sharp pain of guilt as she remembered her curse.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2003, 11:21:28 AM »
The clothes laid out for them were Quite vibrant Rodes were in the traditional Colors of royalty ( white and burgandy) where as Iriniya was dressed in a simple white gown that elegantly hugged her waist only to fall like a white blossom to the ground It sparkled like the dew one finds on a flower aroung her wiast was a belt made of jade it matched her eyes.... Rode had to look twice in order to be sure that It was truely Irinya.... she smiled and said, "Rode you look so handsome..." then the queen came into the room "Rode my dear I have missed you so.... and Iriniya You look amazing come now give me a hug... you must be Morgandy It is nice to have met you my you look so pretty too you must all jion us in a celebration for your return..." Rode looked at his mother sadly... " I am sorry mother there is no time we must see the druid and be on our way  tonight we will have dinner with you and Father then at mornings light we must leave...."  The queen looked at her son " You are right... my son you have grown so much since last I saw you.... come now I will take you to the druid..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2003, 10:01:56 PM »
::Morgandy was flattered by the Queen's kind words. She had never been around such wonderful hostpitality, let alone in such a grand place as this. Seeing Rode and his mother, the Queen, act so towards each other as a family should, reminded Morgandy of her family: her parents, who had died long ago. Morgandy knew it was a Fae's duty to accept that one's parents die early and leave a Fae on it's own in the world, but remembering them hurt so much, for her parents had been her closest friends in the world. Returning to the present situation, Morgandy walked along with Rode and Irinya following the Queen to see the Druid. Morgandy was slightly confused about this matter, for she had heard that they would meet the Druid in the study.
Morgandy looked over at Rode and Irinya, who looked so happy to be back in their home again and seeing the King and Queen. Morgandy tried to share their happiness, but as time went on, all she could think about was how much she missed her own home and parents. Also, the moment when she would have to explain her curse was drawing nearer and nearer, and her guilty conscience was driving Morgandy crazy.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2003, 10:49:51 PM »
Iriniya also breatherd worriedly for her secret would soon be out as well.... Rode looked at her as they walked and placed his hand in hers " It's going to be fine I promise...." quickly releasing her hand as they entered the study......
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2003, 10:24:01 PM »
::Morgandy overheard Rode say this to Irinya, and wondered what he was talking about. She soon dismissed the thought, for she thought it was of little importance to her, and Irinya probably just had nerves about meeting a Druid. Suddenly, a second urge to take the crystal swept over Morgandy. She grasped her hands tightly together and tried her best not to look strange. The fae couldn't keep her body from trembling though, and sweat again seeped from her brow. She tried to keep her thoughts on other things than Yuna and the crystal. However, a small voice in her head whispered, "...just take it...who cares about the others...Yuna is ruler...Yuna is ruler of everything...you and the witch could be great together...you could both rule...take the crystal now and give it Yuna...take it...Take it!" Morgandy screamed a blood-curdling scream and was suddenly brought back to concsiousness. She was lying on her side on the floor, curled up in a ball and shaking. Tears clouded her vision, but she could see clearly that everyone near, was staring at her.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2003, 11:34:02 AM »
Iriniya fell to the floor and at once grasped the fae quickly fanning her with her hands she shouted to Rode, " quickly get some cold water and a cloth.... bring also some blankets....," she then called out to the gaurds in the castle, "please lift her and carry her to her quarters... I will get the druid and see if he can see what illness lay upon her...." quickly Iriniya  went to the study to find the druid as she walked in she saw...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2003, 05:55:43 PM »
OOC: Good to have you back! :D

::Morgandy was half-concsious while all this was happening. She heard Irinya shouting for water, a cloth, and blankets, and heard her shout to the guards to carry her to her bedchmber. She tried desperately to put together what had just happened. A voice, a cruel, cold voice, had tried to persuade her to take the crystal to Yuna. She wondered if it had been Yuna herself transporting her voice into Morgandy's head and persuading her. 'Evil Yuna...' thought the Fae as damp cloths were dabbed on her brow. 'If ever I get the chance...I'll kill that terrible witch!' Morgandy felt a soft blanket wrap around her and strong, sturdy hands lift her up and carry her. They carried Morgandy, still sweating and slightly shaking, to her bed. Moragndy saw two tall guards leave her room quietly. Now alone, Morgandy began to slip in and out of concsiousness. She woke what seemed like much later on, to cold hands gently touching her brow. Morgandy finally regained full conciousness and gasped in shock. Standing around her was a tall, grey-haired old man who must have been the Druid, Irinya, Rode, and the Queen; all looking confused and concerned for Morgandy. The tormented Fae sat up straight in her bed and looked around at them all. "Well," she said with a heavy sigh. "I suppose I have to explain myself"::

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2003, 09:36:52 PM »
OOC: Is it good to have me back, too?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2003, 02:54:53 PM »
OOC: I Assume this is my queue.

The druid dabbed the girls forehead with a wet cloth, the water slowly trickling down his wrist onto Morgandy's face.
"Oh sorry." The druid said as he wiped the water away.
"How are you feeling now?" He smiled slowly trying to look as peaceful as possible. "And don't worry, explain yourself later."

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2003, 06:39:51 PM »
OOC: Why, yes Svyel! You're right on time! :D  Err, Capn? You've never posted on this topic, but sure you can join if you want!  :)

::Morgandy felt like a boulder hit her stomach. Explain herself later?! She had been waiting so long for so many years with this terrible burden on her shoulders! She couldn't wait much longer! Morgandy now realized that she was anxious and ready to tell her story instead of dreading it. For a moment, Morgandy started to forget it and decide she would just wait a little longer, till something deep inside her told her if she waited much longer, they would all be trapped, under the wrath of Yuna, and it would be all her fault. She had to do this now or never, for her and the others' own sake. "No!" Morgandy nearly shouted. "Please, sir...I must explain myself NOW! It is very important! Please?!" Morgandy was now frantic and sweat of fear started to trickle down her forehead.::

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2003, 08:41:41 AM »
Svyel jumped back in suprise. His old fatherly figure form faded for a second and revealed him to be 26. He stood there looking as though he was old and harmless again.
"Ooops...!"

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2003, 10:07:52 PM »
OOC: To Capn-what?!  :?

::Morgandy realized she had frightened the old man, and apologized. "Oh...I'm sorry if I frightened you, but really, this is terribly important...I must explain what happened, for I know myself better than anyone else." From here, Morgandy cleared her throat and finally told her secret.
 "Nearly 970 years ago, when I was only a child Fae of 30, I did something terribly foolish. I was a curious and adventurous child, you understand, and I could not be kept in one place for too long. So one day I ran off away from my forest home and ventured far into the fields and rolling hills of Wenden. As you all may know, this is the home of the formidable witch, Yuna.
  "I soon came upon a small, shabby hut. I ran to this hut, hoping for something interesting to explore, yet only to find terror. I entered this hut, which was the home of Yuna. The evil one soon found me among her pots and steaming cauldrons, and became very angry and fearsome indeed.
  "Yuna was so distressed that she put a terrible curse on me. To this day I cannot remember what her exact incantation was, but it was a curse that if ever I came across a crystal same as the one you, Rode, are holding, that I would be forced by her power to bring the crystal to her. For the crystal, you see, holds dark and terrible magic. This is magic is so evil that only the darkest of witches and wizards can weild it. If this curse does take full hold of me, which I have been trying my best to prevent it, and I do take the crystal to Yuna, I am afraid she will have much control and will be destruction and devastaton to our world. If this happens, all will be lost, and we will all be doomed.
  "However, this crystal, I know, can be destroyed. Yet how, I do not know. Perhaps you can solve that riddle, good Druid. And so, when we find how, we must try to destroy it, for the sake of the world. If this curse takes full control of me, I will not be able to help on this mission. I will be too blinded by the curse and will be too much of a threat to the mission. I may well bring destrucition on us all.
  "When I fell just then, the curse had taken temporary hold of me. It has happened once before, and I fought it and hid it well. This time, however, I could not. I think Yuna may have been sending me her words to my mind. I heard her voice in my head. She was telling me to take the crystal now and take it to her. She also told me that I could rule alongside her, but I believe that it was just another of Yuna's tricks to persuade me.
  "So you see, this is a mission that must be taken and soon. For if you do not, destruction will close over all the earth too quickly too imagine."

It is here Morgandy stopped to catch her breath. That was her full tale, and she had finally told it. However, now Morgandy had to wait for the others to respond. Hopefully they believed her tale, and did not think her crazy, and would heed her words, and leave quickly on this most urgent mission.::

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2003, 12:06:20 AM »
OOC:  In response to some posts by Goblef.  I left it there to be sure that the message gets through.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2003, 05:33:09 PM »
OOC: huh? :?

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2003, 05:47:34 PM »
OOC: Never mind.  Doesn't matter any more.  It'll disappear later.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2003, 03:18:10 AM »
Svyel stared at the girl thinking that the shock must have effeced her vision. He was glad though that she had not seen through his disguise.
"I understand your urgency and I know how to break all curses and enchantments. Though doing so can be rather perilous. It will require a long journy." He watched her cautiously. Making sure that she had not seen the temporary phasing in his disguise.
"Shall I appraise the crystal for you?"

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2003, 05:22:37 PM »
OOC: Care to tell me what that disguise may be, Svyel?  :D
::Morgandy at first could not believe her ears. Cure all curses? Sure... Even if the Druid was right, the long journey she would have to take to reverse the curse may take too long! What if she wasn't cured in time to help Rode and Irinya? What if during Morgandy's abscence Yuna captured Rode and Irinya, and she wasn't there to stop her? Frantic questions buzzed through Morgandy's head. "How long will this journey take?" She asked anxiously. "Where will I go? What happens if it's no use anyway and Yuna takes the crystal and ultimate control?" She hoped all her questions would soon be answered and she was free from all this worry.::

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2003, 05:25:28 PM »
Oh ya....

"Yes," Morgandy replied. "You may appraise the crystal."

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2003, 02:27:27 AM »
OOC: Druids often have the ability to change form and Svyel made himself look like an old benign man so not to look too much of a threat. He actually looks about 23.

"The journy takes roughly 6 months. But that depends on natures generosity." He looked at Margandy who was obviously worried. "And if you go into a bizzare trans I'll strap you to a horse or a tree." Svyel grinned.

Gently Svyel took the crystal as though the slightest breath might break it. He raised it to just in front of his eyes. Gazing deeply into the crystal he began muttering under his breath. Glyphs and runes made of light were emmited from the crystal, shining on the walls. The runes began to turn around the room as Svyel handled the crystal.
His face fell. His eyes became unfocused. He and the crystal lifted into the air. The crystal glowed brightly now. As though an invisble force slammed into Svyel, He smashed against the wall and slid down onto the floor. The crystal rolled out of hs hand and made a soft "chink" noise as it touched the floor. It stopped glowing and the runes vanished.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2003, 06:46:55 PM »
OOC: Oh, ok.

::Morgandy fell silent. 6 months? It seemed far too long. Yuna could have the crystal and complete control by then! 'Oh well,' thought Morgandy. 'I suppose this task was not meant for me anyway.' She also thought that this journey she would have to take was for the best. If she didn't do it, she would probably go with Rode and Irinya, and that would probably be even more dangerous. Suddenly, as the Druid floated up in the air and slammed into the wall, Morgandy was brought back to reality and gasped in shock. "Are you all right?" She said frantically to the Druid. Maybe she wasn't the only one with problems.::