llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Tavern Party  (Read 39499 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • http://hodgepodger.pitas.com
    • Awards
The Tavern Party
« on: August 22, 2003, 06:01:12 PM »
::It is late at night and the moon is full. A lively party is taking place in the local tavern. Dancers dance, musicians play, the crowd cheers, and bartenders serve ale and grog. Morgandy the Forest Fae watches the action silently from a dark corner.::
~"I used to drink coffee...It made me jittery."-Brak
~"How much were you drinking?"-Space Ghost
~"Oh, about 20 or 40 gallons a day."-Brak

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 11:02:44 PM »
In a lone corner stands a mysterious elfin girl and her companion an elvin boy they look ot be the age of 20 but all know they are likely much older.   The girl is gracefully thin and has long brown hair streaked fairly with gold  she has eyes so green that they resemble the vibrant green of the new lily pads in the summer... her companion is a handsome elf with straight long blonde hair his eyes in turn are the color of such rich soil that replinshes the very earth.  As they sit speaking quitly to each other a shriek is heard out side they leap from their table rushing out side to find nothing she only one other seemed to hear the shriek and there under the lantern she could be seen...
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 11:08:13 PM »
::Morgandy hears the shrill cry and quickly runs to Adel's side. "Did you hear that too, my elfin friend?" Morgandy then looks under the lantern at a figure.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 11:21:13 PM »
The two young elves where suprised to see the Fae but quickly nodded there heads in response.  The young elvin girl held out her hand "I am Irinya and this is my friend  Rode.  We come from the forests of Hillanya. I sense that something isn't right here. You to heard the vioce when the others did not... Come with us will you?
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 11:25:30 PM »
OOC: Oh jeez...You should've told me you were a different character now! :oops: Anyway...
"Yes," Morgandy nodded. "I did hear it. And by the way, I thought you were someone else I knew that's a friend of mine, I'm sorry. I was mistaken. But I will still help you two."

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 11:27:24 PM »
::Morgandy unhitches her horse companion, Augustine, from her post. She leads the mare by her reins.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 11:52:15 PM »
Rode led the two others to the a near by inn we can rest here for the night!  As soon as they got situated in there room, they began to learn about each others background to see if they had anything in common.  Though the two elves came form the same woodland city they knew very little of each other. Rode began, "The elvin girl knew very little of her past she could only remember the deaths of her parents anything before only visited her in her dreams after the tragic deaths of her parents the kind Queen took pity on the child and offered her a home where she could stay as a servant girl... however she was rarely treated like one ... I am Royal Prince of Hirinya and though I remember seeing the girl offen I was rarely allowed to socialize with her...... a few months ago Iriniya began to have dreams of things untold she could see things now not only of her forgotten past but things that are not of this world some are good and others bad there is one that is repeated but she dare not speak of it now She told the Queen, who was now like her mother that she had to leave, ... she had to leave and follow were her dreams were leading she knew not if they were leading her too her doom at hearing this she immediatly called all of the palace guards to her to ask who would accompany her as her protector on this quest when none of the guards would offer their services to a servant girl I said I would go...  so her we stand to day... I pray Fae tell me your story..
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 01:13:53 AM »
OOC: Sorry, Adel... :oops: My computer was having problems again so I left. I'll come back tomorrow.

::Morgandy cleared her throat and began her tale. "I was born in the woods near 1000 years ago. My parents were Forest Faes, Harmony and Trynid. I grew up in the forest and for a long time was very happy. However, when I was only 100 years old, my parents passed away to the Fae Forest in the sky. I was quite devastated as I loved my parents dearly. I then became allied with the other faes of the forest; gaining their trust and protection. One day, being the curious Fae as I was, I traveled to this very village. I met a young mortal man, and fell in love. He also fell in love with me. For many years, we were together in peace and happiness. However, mortals die quickly and fade away. This man grew old, and I told him we could no longer see each other, for we would never last. Till his death he lived in anguish, and I could not be there for him. I did watch over his funeral, though, and blessed him so that he could go to mortal heaven. For many years following I stayed in hiding in my forest home. There, I lived in anguish and sorrow; longing for my long lost love. The other Faes of the forest, my friends, saw me this way and encouraged me to again travel to the village, and make friends, not loves. So I did, and that was just recently. I have been visiting the village again now a month. And so, that is my tale." Morgandy remained in silence after her tale was told.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 10:20:59 AM »
"You both have seen your parents fade away but I have not... "spoke Rode  "And yet I heard the shriek clearly... Why..."  after thinking on it a while The elves decided to sleep and leave early the next morn in hopes of redeeming their quest....  Irinya spoke " I do hope you will come with us Morgandy I do not know why but you too fit in this somewhere..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 12:37:10 PM »
Morgandy nodded. "Yes, I have that same feeling. I will come with you. Goodnight." And with that, Morgandy climbed into her bed and fell fast asleep.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 09:29:08 PM »
They drew themselves up tightly and began to sleep peacefully... Iriniya eyes began to twitch fiercely a dream was upon her...  There she saw a boy  just yet a babe... there in front of him was man and wife.  What she felt was his parents... They were well dressed and elvin. Looks of fear filled there faces... she tried to see what they feared but as she looked about the image always seemed to escape her vision just as she moved her head................. Then there was a whirlwind a blur of fantastic colors swirling ... whirling about her she saw herself as a small child she clutched something tightly in her left hand...... it burned her and yet she held it feircly.....  she was in the forest she knew this forest but could not describe it...... she to felt the presence an evil... she did not know its source but she knew it was there she searched all about for it ..... she kept telling herself "It is here.... I have got to find it.... its here I know its here... I have to save... I have to save..... " As she repeated to herself she began to feel herself shake ..... no she was being shaken she opened her eyes ready for fight and flight she began to struggle against whatever was holding her forearms she heard a voice this was a comforting voice calling her name she saw him Rode.......... Rode... Clutching her tightly was Rode. He drew her to him rocking her gently, "Shhhhh, Its okay your back with us now.....  Morgandy will you please go and wet some cloth; she is burning up!........
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 12:25:36 AM »
::Morgandy, with a look of worry on her face, nodded and quickly got out of bed to fetch a wet cloth. As she went to the pail of warm water near the door and wetted a nearby cloth, the Fae thought to herself. Irinya had been talking to herself in her sleep. She had said something like, "...I know it's here, I have to save..." Morgandy wondered if she had been dreaming about her parents. She also wondered where this mysterious journey would lead her and her new elven friends. She knew going on a long journey would delay her from seeing her beautiful forest home, for a very long time. Yet in her heart, Morgandy knew this was what she was supposed to be doing, whatever it was. The young Fae put aside these thoughts and brought the wet cloth to Irinya.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2003, 08:17:50 AM »
Rode thanked Morgandy as she returned with the cloth.  Rode began to dab her cold sweat drenched face her eyes were now full of tears, "It was so real Rode so real.... My hand it still burns... It burns........" Rode could now see that her left hand was still clutched tightly about something.  " Iriniya open you hand.... open your hand ...."  Iriniya feeling weakened listened to what her freind had said. As she slowly opened her hand a small perfectly shaped oval crystal fell from her hand.... she then collapsed....

Rode checked her, "She is asleep now" Rode picked the crystal up... " Look at it it is flawless have you ever seen anything like it?" the crystal was oval in shape and perfectly smooth.  It was completly transparent with just a hint of blue coloration.  It gleamed in the lanteren light......... then Rode saw something just on the edge it was etchings of some kind....  words of a language that he knew nothing about...... I guess that will be our next move... we will go to the land of my forefathers  there they will tell us what these markings mean I believe I know just the man to see.....
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2003, 11:43:19 AM »
::Morgandy stared in disbelief at the beautiful crystal. She had heard of it before....It's evil powers....A land not too far away....A dark and powerful witch....A curse....Morgandy tried desperately to put these clues together, yet it had been so long ago....She hardly remembered that fateful day...Morgandy realized she was drifting off in thought and quickly returned back to reality. She nodded her head.:: "Yes," Morgandy replied. "I suppose we will have to leave again." ::She dared not yet tell Rode or Irinya her thoughts, yet she knew not why she did.::

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2003, 12:27:05 PM »
::Morgandy climbed into bed and tried to get a little more sleep before dawn, when they would leave. However, she found sleep was difficult. Morgandy kept thinking about that crystal. Again, she tried so hard to put the clues she had together.                                                                    Finally, she remembered. Exactly 970 years ago, when Morgandy was only thirty, she had come across an old, shabby hut. The hut was in the middle of Wenden, and the formidable witch, Yuna, lived in the hut. Morgandy, being young and foolish, entered the hut where Yuna caught sight of her and became very angry. She put a curse on the poor Fae that if ever she came across an opal-shaped crystal with a hint of blue and a language etched on the side, that she would not destroy it for it's evil powers, but be forced to bring it to her, Yuna, to make her the most powerful witch in all the world.                                                                                 Morgandy had then fled from the hut in a fit of fear till she came to her forest home. She never told anyone about her terrible curse. Now remembering everything, Morgandy knew the crystal must be destroyed, but that her curse would forbid her from doing so. However, she remembered her vow to herself that if ever she came across this crystal, that she would try with all her might not to bring it to Yuna. Now remembering these thoughts, Morgandy could'nt sleep the rest of the night, and watched the dawn sunshine rise from behind the mountains. Morgandy knew she should tell Irinya and Rode about her curse and the crystal's evil powers, but she hesitated out of procrastination, and did not tell the elves yet of this.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 11:12:53 AM »
OOC: the plot thickens...

They allowed Irinya her rest as they began to pack there things... "We must leave berfore first light.... And follow the full moon to the forest....  It has been nearly a year since I have been home.  I onlyfear that its sweet return will make so much harder to leave it once again..."
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 01:17:45 PM »
OOC: Yes, I try... :roll:
::Morgandy kept her secret longer and nodded. She knew it would'nt be long before she would be forced to bring the crystal to Yuna. Rode and Irinya would have to keep Morgandy away from the crystal and try to destroy it. She knew they could not linger in their forest home, however much Rode wanted to.:: "Um..." Morgandy started uneasily. "Maybe we should bring the crystal. I mean, it's beautiful. Why don't you keep it?" ::Morgandy came up with this excuse only so they could not lose the crystal. She knew, in the end, that it would have to be destroyed for it's evil powers and not kept by Rode. They could'nt just leave it, either. They could'nt let someone else find it and use it for it's evil purposes.::

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2003, 02:37:53 PM »
OOC: Sorry about my mistake in my last post. (The etchings getting examined; leaving the crystal behind.) Just ignore that part.

::Morgandy packed quickly and made sure Rode kept the crystal safe in his pocket. The urge to take it had'nt started yet, luckily. Morgandy didn't know how long it would be though, before it would take hold of her. They were all three ready in the middle of dawn. When Irinya woke up, she seemed well rested and calm. Morgandy told her of the journey they had to take and why. Again, Morgandy refused to herself to tell them of her curse. She would again, wait longer. Morgandy offered them some apples from her pack to eat along the way. As they left the Inn at nearly seven o' clock, Morgandy unhitched Augustine from her post and they set off.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2003, 10:44:52 PM »
OOC: Actually it isn't dawn yet It would have to be a good bit off cause they have to follow the full moon to find the forest (referring to a previous post!)
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2003, 11:20:48 PM »
Taking the apples the travelers made their way through the night...  the full mood and clear night allowed them a safe journey Rode gave the crystal once again to Iriniya he knew it belonged to her and that it was safest while it was still clutched in her hand... each member of the party was silent keeping to there own thoughts... each had plenty to think about... Rodes mind rested on "who was she trying to save?  Iriniya doesn't remember anything of her dreams... but what if she isn't saying because it was to horrible.... was something to do with her past or was it  a premonition of their future was she trying to save one of us?  was it her parents? also where had the crystal come from had she had it all along? or was it from her dream and why did it burn her hand? there are to many questions.... to many question..." all these things raced through his mind and yet he was afraid to bring them up...  afriad of  bringing Iriniya more pain..... he wondered about the girl he had grown up with her yet never had seen her as he saw her tonight... "she is a different now.... different  than who she was before we left... before she was just a face I would see every now and again... one that I never payed attention to.... now she is a real person with real feelings and fears....  I do feel however that her fears differ from those of a normal girl...
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2003, 05:57:28 PM »
OOC: Ok, then. Just ignore the "dawn" part. :oops:

::Morgandy also kept silent and to her own thoughts. She herself didn't eat an apple; her stomach was twisting with her guilty concsience. The Fae also thought of why the crystal had appeared in Irinya's hand. She didn't know why it could just transport itself there, out of nowhere. Then, she thought, maybe someone summoned it to be in Irinya's hand. Whatever it was, Morgandy was almost sure there was some dark magic brewing. She finally decided to tell Rode and Irinya of her curse when they got to their home. Then and there, she could finally get this heavy burden off her shoulders. However, Morgandy also had the chilling feeling that they were being watched. Every once in a while she would look over her shoulder, as if she thought someone was following them. Morgandy knew, though the others didn't know it, that she was a threat to them and their eventual mission. She hated having this terrible curse, and knew she would try to fight it as best she could. She would also protect her new friends with all her might. Morgandy still knew, though, that if she did become a dangerous threat to Rode and Irinya, that they must send her away and off this quest immediately. Even though they all now shared a tight bond of friendship, Morgandy wanted her friends to be safe, even that was, if it was safety from herself.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2003, 10:52:25 PM »
After walking for nearly four hours the first light of dawn peeked over the horizon.... " Here is where we rest we can not go anywhere while sun is up only when we follow the moon can we arrive at the forest.... sleep well my friends for tonight we walk all night to arrive tomorrow in the forest!
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2003, 04:35:17 AM »
OOC: Hi. mind if I join. Ill be an elven druid.
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2003, 02:30:44 PM »
OOC: It's fine with me, Svyel! What about you, Adel?

::Morgandy agreed to rest for a while but would'nt sleep. She remembered that she would protect her friends as best she could, and decided to keep watch for anything suspicious. Rode and Irinya fell asleep within minutes. Morgandy felt hungry, so she took an apple from her pack. The morning hours flew by like minutes. Morgandy, finally deciding there was no danger, saddled up Augustine and rode off a ways into the forest. This forest was not Morgandy's forest home, but a forest on the opposite side of the Citadel. Morgandy had never been here before, and it's land was unfamiliar to her. She wished dearly to go back to her home, knowing that if this unexpected quest had'nt come up, Morgandy would be spending a peaceful day in her home. She quickly put aside these thoughts, though, and hoped beyond hope that she would come back to her forest home again.::

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2003, 10:49:52 PM »
:D OOC: the more the merrier! We just have to find a clever way of introducing you.....   OOOhhhhh I have a great Idea we are going to be arriving back in Iriniya's and Rodes forest home to seek someone who knows the meaning of the etchings on the  crystal!  You could be the expert them when you cannot be sure of its powers or origin...... so facinated with it you join!   What do you think! Morgandy? Svyel?  p.s. just be sure to read the previous posts so you know whats going on!  If you have something else in mind please share! :D

Rode now clearly seeing the moon began the journey onward as well  " We should reach the gates tonight....Morgandy, Iriniya,   I wish you girls wouldn't stray so far ahead.  Morgandy, Iriniya is with you? isn't she?"  as Rode said this he realized that Iriniya was no longer in sight. Frantically he began to look around.  He drew his sword....  as he did so a sound...... a erie, yet enchanting song closed around his ears.... he followed the song..... it seemed to bewitch him... it was so... pure so..... light....  he weaved his way through the entanglement of forest and vine ............. then as he parted the swaying, limp, limbs of a weeping willow He saw Her ....... Iriniya, as he never had before. She knelt  beside a placid lake her back to Rode.... she sang..... she sang a song of unknown times a song as old as the earth......  as she sang a fountain of clear, pure, water leapt from the center of the once still lake.....where it rose and fell with her voice; with the notes of her song.....  Rode went to her and gently touched her shoulder... she gasped, " Rode I .......... I am sorry... I didn't realize......... the time got away from me..." Rode looked at her " Could you always do that? could you always sing and the water would..... well.........?" Iriniya looked at him with shame in her eyes......... she quickly looked away.... " Yes, I could always do that Not just with water Fire and any other natural spirit I can usually control it but sometimes if I am really emotional ....things happen.... Please don't tell anyone they will think I am a monster..........." frantically she pleaded with him  "Please say nothing, I never hurt anyone... never ...It won't work that way ... people will fear me if they know..."   Rode grasped her " No..... No ... no one will fear you.... you have an amazing gift... the Druid that we will talk with about the crystal perhaps he can answer some questions.... Now we must continue on...The elvin city lies just ahead...... No worries then..... Morgandy must be worried by now ... We won't tell her of your gift just yet.... It will take to long ot descripe better to only have to repeat it once  for her and the druid!   Come along now...off we go"
Adel

Authentic Strolenite®©