llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Tavern Party  (Read 39352 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • http://hodgepodger.pitas.com
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2003, 06:04:57 PM »
OOC: Hey, thanks for following along with the story, Luke! I like your character so far. :)

::Morgandy suddenly sensed something not very far away. Her head throbbed with pain. It wasn't another possession of the crystal, it was something else, something she had never experienced before. She fell to her knees as her head throbbed with unprovoked ecruciation. She could feel Feanin's arms around her, shaking her, trying to see what was wrong, but she couldn't respond. She was helpless. She realized it was some sort of message, a warning. Someone was coming for her, someone who meant her harm. She could tell he was not wholly evil, but was forced to do this evil task, by Yuna no doubt. He was fast on the move, picking up her trail quicker than Morgandy had travelled herself. Suddenly Morgandy broke from her temporary trance-like warning. She was lying flat on the ground and cold sweat covered her from head to toe. Her heart was pounding and her breathing was fast and wheezy. Feanin and the Druid stood over her, thouroughly confused.
   "I've had a warning." She said shakily. "Someone is after us. Someone else. Yuna must be....sending out.....minions." Morgandy fell back with the overwhelming effort to speak, thouroughly exhausted. Feanin caught her in his arms. "He is coming fast....We must leave now." She said. Now she had said her fill and fell back in a faint. "She must ride for now by horse, she is far too weak to walk. I myself will walk and lead Augustine's reins. We must go!" Feanin said to the Druid. With a whistle, Feanin commanded to Arune, "Re torf!" Which meant go home in the old Fae tongue. With that, Feanin set Morgandy atop Augustine's saddle and led the horse out of Hillanya as Svyel followed.::
~"I used to drink coffee...It made me jittery."-Brak
~"How much were you drinking?"-Space Ghost
~"Oh, about 20 or 40 gallons a day."-Brak

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2003, 04:24:52 AM »
Svyel was watching Morgandy carefully. nder his breath he muttered the protection from evil spell and then the enervation spell. Morgandy glowed blue from the protection from evil and then white from the enervate. Svyels energy stores lowered and felt himself grow a little more sleepy. Spells can drain a person of energy.
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2003, 05:44:13 PM »
OOC: What's an enervation spell?  :?

::Morgandy, being unconcoius, did not notice the spell he put on her. Feanin however, gasped in astonishment. The Druid's power would never cease to amaze him. He realized though, that this was a protection and enervation spell, for he had heard one had a blue glow, the other a white. As the company exited Hillanya's gates, Feanin's senses suddenly sharpened. He was fiercely on edge, though he knew not what for. It was as if he also sensed danger, lurking not far away. "We must hurry." He said to the Druid as the gates closed behind them. "I also sense the danger Morgandy spoke of. The nearest inn will be a full day and night's walk from here. If we wish to sleep tonight, it will be two days. Let us make haste!" With that, the company set off at a fast pace past the forest of Hillanya and up the sloping hills to the east.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2003, 11:26:08 PM »
OOC: Thanks i was worring you wouldnt like it at first  :D

IC:  

Luke brushed the leaves and branches aside and stepped into a clearing. Something snapped not far away, Luke dove on the ground and pulled out his katana and split an arrow in half that was aimed at his head.  Five goblins stepped out of the woods on the far side of the clearing, they were making cat calls and snickering.

The largest one stepped forward and and called out in a gravely voice, "throw us your gold human scum!"

"I carry nothing but you see." Luke replied.

"Ahh a brave one eh, well we'll teach you something, worm.  Gettem boys!!"  The large one shouted.  

In a flash Luke was covering the small distance between themselves his Katana held behind ready to bring up in a upward slash.  Two more arrows whistled at him he rolled under them and brought the sword up at an axe wielding goblin splitting him from groin to forehead.  Time seemed to slow and Luke moved through it like fire in a dry grass field.  He pivoted on his foot and decapated a short goblin that held a bow.  He feigned to his left and slashed the other bowman in the face.  

In less the a hadnful of seconds the odds went from 5 to 1 too 2 to 1.  The other two goblins howled in rage and charged blood wrath seethed in their veins.  They corronated two chops and axes X'ed through where Luke had been moments earlier.  The long blade of Luke's katana passed through their stomachs.  One groaned for a then fell, the other staggered then fell too.  

Luke kneeled was about to say a short prayer when pain blazed white in his heart and a voice boomed in the walls of his skull.  'HURRY UP YOU BAFOON OR YOUR  WHAT YOU HOLD DEAR WILL ROT IN HELL!!!'  The femine voice echoed in his ears, the pain resided for a second then passed.  Luke staggered for a second then hurried back on the trail at a double pace.  She was very angry at him something must have gone wrong he thought.  He almost was tempted for a second to rip the blood red necklace that hung around his neck that gave the witch power over him.  He could rip it off at any time but the risks...  If only he could hide his village somehow from her d**n inner eye.

Luke sheathed his katana as he ran, blood ran off his robe as the rain washed.  He moved quickly but none heard him in the woods.  A dear had been running with him for a few minutes before it even realized he was there.  

Closer. He was getting closer...

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2003, 05:56:01 PM »
::For a few moments, Morgandy had regained conciousness. Suddenly, though, another warning struck her. She sensed fear, then utter bravery, and hatred. All these emotions came at her like a storm and they overwhelmed her. She thought that perhaps these were what her pursuer was feeling at the time. Lastly, she sensed the enemy growing closer, oh so much closer. This time she did not faint though, for this warning was not as strong as the first. She merely gasped rapidly and clutched at her chest. Feanin now looked up at her with concern. "What is it?" He asked. With quite an effort, Morgandy replied, "It was....another....warning....they are coming closer..." With that, she was again exhausted from speech and could do nothing but try and calm herself. She managed to grab hold of her water jug and take a long swig to moisten her suddenly dry throat. Soon, she was fine again, but all the while could sense their pursuer coming closer and closer. Within a few minutes, they had passed over the hills and came to a small grove of trees. Here, a small stream ran through and the three of them stopped merely to fill their water jugs, not for their noon meal, for it was far too risky to stay and doddle long.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2003, 08:11:50 PM »
Luke sat by a small camp fire he had gone hard all afternoon and took some time to rest.  He sipped a small cup of tea and ate some fruit he had picked with some salted meat be had brought.  The one real time he had peace was at sunset, the witch seemed to be unfocused on him at the twilight times.  

He appreciated the peace adn quiet around the woods and inside his mind.  Perhaps... perhaps there was a way to defeat her, he knew he could do it if she didnt have the power over his people.  Unfortunately she had banned him from cities, even if the jewel was there.  If he could just get to one other warrior or a ranger or mage.  He could get his village into hiding he'd be free to attack her.  His father's Katana been forged long ago by some acient monk that had blessed it with all the good virtures of the gods and human kind.  He knew when he tried to take the crystal using the sword would be useless it only served good.  Fighting for evil with it could be fatal to him.  Still he had reserveations, he had half the mind to turn around and see if he could move fast enough to surprise the witch.  As the sun rolled behind the hills he laid out and went to sleep...

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2003, 09:55:43 PM »
::For now at least, Morgandy was having no more warnings or visions. However, she was still weak from her previous warnings and still rode on the back of Augustine. Soon, she knew she would have to let her faithful companion go. The road ahead was far too dangerous for a horse and warnings or no warnings she would have to tread on foot. By now, the sun was fading behind the hills. Darkness crept upon the world like a heavy veil. Morgandy was only a little hungry, for they had eaten some on the road. Now, they stopped to make camp for the night. The day's journey had been far too strenous and exhausting especially for Morgandy, so they did not travel by night. Feanin looked on Morgandy with wonder. She had been through so many trials, yet still she remained strong. He found himself blushing with emotion. Turning his face from Morgandy, he went off in search of firewood. Almost as soon as Morgandy had climbed into the makeshift bed she had laid out, she nearly fell asleep. She kept herself up though, because she longed to talk intimately with Feanin, for they had not seen each other for many days.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2003, 12:21:48 AM »
Luke's sleep slowly spiraled into a nightmare when he first met the witch...

Luke trudged through pouring rain, a small path was walled in with black forest.  At the end a seemingly abandon house stood in the forbiding gloom.  Luke's katana was drawn, held at ready infront of him.  Fear leaked into his blood, behind his back voices followed him.  Shrilly, caustic, evil voices that jeered at him and taunted him.  

Suddenly a scream pierced the babbling brook of sounds, and silence fell.  Luke saw his betorved before him.  She withered and shrieked again diseases and welts grew on her and dissovlved her body.  Luke cryed in grief and agony he was powerless.  All around him friends, family, and his mentor all withered grew old and died.  Their corpses crusted over and dusted and blew away in the wind.  Luke charged a figure of a woman hidden in a black hooded cloak and slashed at her but she  held out her hand and catched the blade that should have dealt her death.  Then the blade shattered.  Luke felt his airway constrict as an invisble force slwly choked him to death, he felt invisble hammer blows hit his body as he was slowly pounded to death.  

Luke woke with a start covered in sweat, shivering with a cold fear.  Pitch black hung around him and he clasped his heart that beat madly in him.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2003, 02:35:44 PM »
Svyel eventually grew tired of staring into the fire and playing with it. You can only play with balls of fire for a small amount of you childhood before it bacame boring. Svyel got up and began massaging his now growling stomach. He was hungry. (DUH!!!) He morphed into an owl and perched in a tree watching for rodents. After about an hour of hunting and the rat population 3 shorter Svyel perches neatly on a branch and half sleeps and half keeps look out.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2003, 10:36:31 PM »
::Morgandy suddenly sensed fear at the same time her pusuer woke from his nightmare. It soon went away though, and Morgandy was fine. When Feanin came back to the camp, he noticed Morgandy seemed troubled. "Are you all right?" He asked. Morgandy nodded. Feanin put the firewood in a bundle and struck a flint. With a small spark, the fire was lit. Feanin sat back on his bed and looked up at the stars. When Morgandy saw Svyel suddenly morph into an owl she was a bit surprised, but realized he was probably looking for food. She would have gladly offered him some from her own pack, but she knew the druid wanted to use his own means of survival. Morgandy thought this was a good time to talk. "So, what's been going on since I left?" She asked. "Not much. Bonnyvale has gone on about its usual business, with the acception of the worry for you." He said this in a tone that was slightly annoyed. "Feanin, I had no choice. The curse compelled me anyway!"Morgandy pleaded. Feanin shook his head and waved it off. "It is of no matter." He said. Looking around, Feanin said, "I know these woods...I've been here once. When I was not but fifty years old, and I remember it well." Morgandy relaxed as Feanin told his tale of how he and his father had traveled through this forest on their way to the village of Plythel, which had great medical supplies. It was in a time that Bonnyvale was experiencing great disease and sickness, and Feanin and his father, being well-known for their travel knowledge, had been sent off to look for help. This tale was new to Morgandy, Feanin had never told it to her before. She had remembered that time, and knew that Feanin and his father had gone off to get help, but she had never heard the full tale. This relaxed Morgandy, and for a while she forgot her present troubles.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2003, 12:14:11 AM »
Luke had slept better after the nightmare, somehow he felt exposed.  Like someone, other than the witch had free reign in his heart feeeling his intentions, his feelings, his desires...

Luke stood and ate a short breakfast of fruit, usuallu the mornning routine consisted of exercixe and deep meditation.  But he felt a sense of urgency today.  He gripped his katana, examing it to make sure that the battle the other night had not damaged it.  As usual it was in perfect condition, he even cleaned the blade with a special kit he carried.  

Even though he felt a need to be quick, Luke moved cautiously these were deep woods and some powerful and magical creatures and beings lived in these woods.  Patience was always a winning factor.  He didn't feel the witch's grasp on his mind so much, maybe the farther he went the more she had to strain to read him.  Luke didn't know very much but he did know that it's uses, over time could very well tax the life force of any person to death.  Maybe... That was why she was pushing him so hard perhaps, her greed for the jewel was definately a  key factor.  But Luke was pretty sure that if he let his quary travel some ways farther, that perhaps she wouldn't sense him at all, then he could destroy her necklace and come back undeteced.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2003, 07:54:53 PM »
OOC: Since Adel left this topic, I might be continuing her story from time to time.

::Soon, the three of them had fallen fast asleep. Morgandy slept peacefully. In the morning, they all left their camp and went off again through the woods. Morgandy no longer rode Augustine, but merely kept her around because she was still reluctant to let her go. By early afternoon, they had left the woods behind and were crossing low, grassy hills. For a while Morgandy felt self-assured, thinking their pursuer had lost track of them. Then she reminded herself that other minions of Yuna could also be after Rode and Irinya. She missed them already dearly, and hoped they were in no harm.

Meanwhile....

Rode and Irinya were traveling far to the north, crossing tall snowy mountains. Rode kept the crystal safe in his pocket. He had to guard it with his life. He stopped and waited for Irinya to catch up. She panted a little, unused to climbing. She smiled at him anyway, and they trudged on. Irinya lately had been feeling as though harm was fast on Morgandy's heels. She also feared for the Druid and her friend, Feanin. Irinya also had a sense that someone was close on Rode and her trail as well. She knew well by now that Yuna would be sending minions after them, surely by now she knew that she and Rode abtained the crystal. Meanwhile, neither she nor Rode had any idea how to destroy the crystal, or where to go to do it. No one could give them answers. In the meantime they would have to travel as far and as fast as possible to escape Yuna and her minions.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »
Luke stood at a crossroad, unsure which way to go, left lead to snow capped mountains and right lead to rollings hills and plains.  He hadn't felt the which presence at all in last day.  He was on his own he cast his eyes down either road, on the left the going was rough the road was covered with deep pot hills, and over shadowed by tall pine trees that blocked the sunlight.  Down the other path the road was well kept.  He kneeled and examined the ground, hoof prints lead off towards the right along with a small set of other prints.  He wasnt quite sure what those were, the other path had a set of elf tracks leading down it.  He would have to investigate both but only had enough food left for one.  He saw a small village down the road aways on the right.  Maybe quary was resting there?  If not he'd at least be able to do some questing and resupply his bag.  He strode down the road minus one thing.  A pale red neckale with a faded red white jewel rung on a sign back at the cross road.  Luke walked with a new skip in his step, it felt like the weight if the world had been lifted.  He felt strength in his muscles and a fresh feeling through out his body.  The witch couldn't feel him anymore, they were at a stalemate but a stakemate that was in his in his favor.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2003, 06:46:09 PM »
OOC: Luke, soon you should confront us. The story is dragging.

::As late afternoon set in, the travelers began crossing a wide meadow. Tall heather and grasses waved gently in the breeze. Various wildflowers popped up here and there, and songbirds twittered sweetly in the sky. Among all this wonder, Morgandy was happy. However, she could feel a prescence of the enemy. They were very close on their heels, now. This hardly seemed to bother her now, though. It seemed their pursuer was less evil, it was as if they had shed their malice like molting skin and had suddenly become just another innocent traveler, minding their own business. Still, Morgandy was aware of the new sword the hung at her side, and the small dagger in her pack. Morgandy now ate an apple, for she had hardly eaten all day and was hungry. She offered Feanin and Svyel an apple as well. When Augustine snorted in frustration, Morgandy offered the impatient horse a carrot.::

**Look at me!  :hyper: **

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2003, 10:45:53 PM »
OOC: ok just was waiting for your word.  8)

IC:
Luke raced through the woods his sences were at their highest ever, his target must be near.  The witch's necklace had done nothing but keep track of him.  She had used a spell to bind his destiny to his target's whoever it was.  He could feel her nearby, his tongue could taste the air, his eyes could see a beetle crawling through the mud at 20m away.  His reflexes even startled him.  

Luke ran through ease through the trees, whoever it was hadn't gotten to the town yet.  It was somewhere in the trees, suddenly he caught something up ahead, there was someone in the trees uphead.  He unsheathed his katana and spees onward.  She was a Fae.  

:knight:

Luke stood for a second, "Turn around very very slowly Fae."

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2003, 05:56:56 AM »
Svyel accepted the apple and began to gather up grass and bits of dirt. By constructing a small mound of these things in his hands he began chanting the words to a natural enhancer spell. It was supposed to make the apple grow in size and become sweeter but instead the small fox in svyels bag jumped out and darted around Svyel's feet. Svyel tripped and and stumbled over his words at the same time. The apple exploded and bits of apple went flying in every direction. Svyel proceded to pick of larger bits on his face and eat them.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2003, 06:00:21 PM »
::Morgandy could sense danger fast on their heels. It came like a mighty rushing wind. She tried to warn the others, but she felt stunned. They could do nothing, there was no hope but to finally face what was coming. Morgandy didn't even laugh at Svyel when his apple exploded, if she was able, she knew she would politely be hiding her laughter by now. Suddenly she felt exposed, watched, even trapped. When she heard the voice, she turned around very slowly. He was a knight, and he carried a katana. As Morgandy side glanced at Feanin as he drew his longsword, Morgandy followed with her ancient Faeish blade. "Who are you, sir, and what do you want with us?" Morgandy asked this very slowly and in a harsh manner. This was their pursuer, of course, and Morgandy did not trust him.::

This is me:  :pixie:

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2003, 06:15:22 PM »
"You are my bounty, and I am here to only take a small crystal. If you hand it over without doing anything stupid you will all leave with your lives.  Otherwise, if you want to taste the ground feel free to attack." Luke said.  The Fae he looked on was beatiful in many extremes but he hardened his heart all the girl had to do was give him the crystal.  He hoped she didn't act dum or her friend too.  He looked to be some mage, he didn't carry any arms but that didnt mean he was harmless.  He held his sword in front of him straight up.  He gazed at the two through the patchwork in his straw hat.

:pixie:  :wizard:                                                                  :knight:

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2003, 06:40:27 PM »
::Morgandy nearly suppressed a laugh through her fear. They did not have the crystal! But she certainly wouldn't tell where it was to this fierce looking knight. "Your bounty, good sir? I think you are very confused. You see, we do not have the crystal. We are not who you would want." Morgandy stopped short. She would have to think up some lie. "But I do not know who has it. You see, we sold it long ago, for a bargain. I cannot tell you who it was we sold it to for he would not show his face to us. We thought it was a good way to get it off our hands." Morgandy would have to use this lie and seem stupid and ignorant, but at least she could keep her life.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2003, 06:57:59 PM »
Luke narrowed his eyes she told the truth about the crystal or she wouldn't be stalling.  She gave it to whoever else was with her, Luke had made a mistake.  

Luke let out a sigh, a deep sigh.  Anger seethed in him, but something set off in the back of his head.  Maybe she could help.  He sheathed his sword.  Let out another deep breath and let the anger bleed off.

"Listen since you don't have the crystal, maybe you can help.  You know the witch Yuna? Well she has my town under her power. I'm sorry for surprsing you but until now I've had no choice, only recently I've been free from her influence for only a short time.  If you can get my village to protection I'll be in your greatest debt.  See I can't return she will snese me, then kill my people.  If there is a way for you to warn my people, I will swear by loyalty to you and help you break the curse she has placed on you."

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2003, 04:29:27 AM »
Svyel watched this whole thing occuring and felt the itchy back crawling feeling of discomfort and awkwardness. He bussied himself with the bits of apple on his arms.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2003, 10:17:48 PM »
::Morgandy was struck with surprise by this news. She knew not if she should trust him, or not. "I see...I am very sorry." She looked hesitantly at Svyel. She knew it would be best for herself if she immediately reversed the curse, and Svyel would encourage her to. However, she knew the pain of her own curse, and felt the pain of the knight. She had of course, felt his feelings. Besides, if she didn't agree to help him, a great guilty burden would weigh down on her. Morgandy looked warily at Feanin, trying to read his expression. He looked at her with an "it's-up-to-you" look. She shrugged and looked back at this knight. "Yes sir, I will help you. I myself know the pain and burden of having Yuna's power over myself. But first, what is your name, good sir?"

Meanwhile....

Suddenly Rode sensed danger. It came quick on their heels, like a rushing storm. He unsheathed his blade in caution. He told Irinya to do likewise. Irinya also sensed something coming, and it was not friend, but foe. By now, they were deep in the snowy Rheythel mountains. Irinya again worried for Morgandy. She sensed she was being lead off her course, and she also sensed that Morgandy would soon land herself in peril.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2003, 08:28:51 AM »
Luke felt an emotion he hadn't felt in a long long time, relief.  He removed his hat and gave them a smile. "First off I must thank you, this must be somewhat hard to believe. My name is Luke the Warrior son of Martin the Warrior, I come from a village that is deep with in the mountains to te south of here.  Very close to the witch Yuna.  I have been forced to work for her more times than there are fallen leaves in autum.  This is the first time in a long time that I've been free of her control."

Luke bowed slightly, "I prithe what may your names be?"

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2003, 11:56:35 AM »
::"I am Morgandy, a Forest Fae of Bonnyvale. Which, I presume, is quite near your mountains." Replied Morgandy. Feanin replied, "I am Feanin, also a Forest Fae of Bonnyvale." Morgandy looked at Feanin. He felt it too, she could see it in his eyes. If they were to travel to the mountains to the south, they would have no choice but to go through Bonnyvale, which surrounded the base of these mountains. Perhaps Morgandy could explain to her kin there of what had happened to her, and ask for their help to save Luke's village and fight Yuna. Her people hardly battled, for they kept mostly to themselves and were a peaceful people. However, in ancient times when wars were frequent the Faes fought with a fiercness and strategy like no other, so it was told in the tales. With a small glimmer of hope, Morgandy thought they may just have a chance at defeating the evil witch.::

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2003, 12:22:32 PM »
OOC: Hey! These are some pictures I found that might give you a picture of what Bonnyvale looks like:

http://www.shadowscapes.com/image/sacredI.shtml  

http://www.shadowscapes.com/image/mistqueen.shtml

Here is one of the citadel:

http://www.shadowscapes.com/image/threshold.shtml