llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Tavern Party  (Read 39571 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • http://hodgepodger.pitas.com
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #425 on: May 03, 2004, 05:33:38 PM »
OOC: Yea! Svyel's back! :)
~"I used to drink coffee...It made me jittery."-Brak
~"How much were you drinking?"-Space Ghost
~"Oh, about 20 or 40 gallons a day."-Brak

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #426 on: May 03, 2004, 05:51:37 PM »
OCC: hey have you noticed that when we write occ it also means Orange County Choppers? Sorry i like motorcycles. yah Svyel is back.
Fairies are real! Real I say!

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #427 on: May 03, 2004, 06:11:16 PM »
OOC: Hey Syvel welcome back.

IC: Luke and Fiona set off later that day into some upper foot hills with a small squad of achers to try and find the missing Dragonhawks.  Luke lead them through a small patch of woods, at the crest of a small foot hill Luke knelt and looked around the ground for clues.  He felt Fiona lean on him and stand on her toes and pluck something, it a was fiery colored feather of a Dragonhawk.  She smiled, "At least we know were on the right track."

Luke nodded in agreement, he stood up there seemed to a trail of feathers and...  By the powers he thought to himself there were a few body parts strewn down the hill and into the mouth of huge warren.  Luke gulped the warren looked to be a spider demon nest from the thick web the entangled the surronding area of the warren.  Luke lead the group to the warren entrance, "Fiona you keep a look out-"

"No way your ditching me here again! You archer guard here."  She grinned fiercely at Luke, "See problem solved now lead on, Warrior."

Luke stepped carefuly into the cave then heard a horrbile clicking noise then hundreds of spiders came boiling out from a passage further down, "RUN!!!"  Luke grabbed Fiona arm and sprinted back to the entrance, one archer tripped and was immiediately set upon by the beasties shrouded in web and hoisted out of sight.  The rest of them fled in terror, at the mouth of the warren Luke whirled around and struck the ground with his sword and a wave of light leapt forth that hurled the two foot big spiders back to the depths.  Fiona shot an arrow with rope into the darkness and sturck something the group gave a tug and cacoon the archer had been ensconed in came flying back.  It landed with a thud and Luke cut it open the arrow was nestled between the man's legs just below his manhood.  He uttered his thanks, his face was pale white.  

"I can guess what happened here, I think, one of Yuna's minions probaly got these spiders riled up and got them to set upon the Dragonhawk roost, probaly whilst the men slept..." Luke trailed off the group walked a ways away then Luke took a concoction out of his leather bag and hurled it into the warren mouth it fell into darkness then shattered on the rock then liquid fire spewed from the warren, clicking and screeching filled the air.  As each spider rushed out the archers filled them with arrows so the looked like ugly pin cushions.  An hour or two later Luke motioned for the groupt to start heading back, he extracted one more vial of the flame concoction and hurled it into the warren to doulbe check, then hurried away.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2004, 06:32:05 AM »
Svyel had been following the others in the back ground. The spider nest was of particullar interest to Svyel as he often took to collecting them for potion parts. Unfortunatly, these didn't seem to be the type that one would approach for ingredients. The tiger seemed a bit tired and Svyel wanted to let it rest. The amulet was produced and it glimmered faintly. the tiger was pulled into the air about a oot or so and turned into a glowing outline of a tigeran odd whirring noise filled the air and the tiger was now a ferret. The flash reversed and the tiger was back. Svyel was again drained of mana and passed out. (OOC: Don't worry, won't be for too long now)

Otiluke was nearby and saw Svyel drop. "That poor idiot. You can't cast spells without mana. I'm suprised he's a druid at all." The vampire lifted him up and summoned a floating disk to use as a moving bed thing.

OOC: I don't have any creative juices in me today so I can't write much.
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #429 on: May 04, 2004, 06:59:49 PM »
Quote from: "Black Rose"
OCC: hey have you noticed that when we write occ it also means Orange County Choppers? Sorry i like motorcycles. yah Svyel is back.

OOC: God, Black Rose! Sometimes I think you are truly illiterate, blind, or stupid! :x In case you haven't noticed (which obviously you haven't), it's not OCC, it's OOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MEANS OUT-OF-CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it?! I'm surprised no one's told you that yet. Jeez! Get a clue. :x  :roll:

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #430 on: May 04, 2004, 07:37:37 PM »
OOC: Sorry for exploding at you, Black Rose. I've just had a terrible day and I'm really pissed off right now.

8:40 AM OF DAY 3
::Both Morgandy and Feanin managed to catch a few hours of sleep before they were bid to try and get up in the morning. Morgandy had more trouble getting up than Feanin; her wounds had been greater and she was still very sore and weak. Servants quickly brought Morgandy and Feanin some hot soup for nourishment and rejuvination. It was an Elvish recipe, and worked its wonders quickly. Morgandy was able to walk, yet slowly and she was still a little sore, but the soup also cleared her head and woke her up. She no longer felt tired or drowsy. Feanin's wound, being minor compared to Morgandy's, healed completely and the soup also woke him up. He was a little sore from fighting but that was it. Their weapons and clothes had also been cleaned and repaired during the night (no doubt, by Elvish magic). Soon a messenger came to their tent and told Feanin, Morgandy, and Black Rose who was with them, that Luke the White Warrior had bid them go into the mountains to seek out the Dwarves for help in battle. "Our people will need the Dwarves' aide," the fidgety young messenger said, who was a Fae, "The Elves and Faes alone cannot win this war against Yuna's gathering strength." With that, he left them and they all decided they had better get ready. They set out from the tents in the far eastern direction, towards Wenden, where the far eastern edge of the Absynian Mountains lie. The Dwarves were known to hold their final residing of the last line of Dwarves somewhere hidden deep in this part of the mountains. This was their destination. On the way their hearts lightened from fear and worry a bit, for they knew with the Dwarves they would have hope, and they had also heard that another party was going on a recruiting mission to seek out the help of the rest of the Elves and Faes. Surely they would not fail in battle. The air had cleared, too, between Feanin and Morgandy, and little by little Morgandy was beginning to let herself trust and like Black Rose more.::
3:00 PM OF DAY 3

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #431 on: May 04, 2004, 07:52:16 PM »
7:00 AM IN THE REALM OF SPRIGG
::Irinya and the others woke early. They would have to be on the move quickly. They ate a hurried breakfast prepared by the Nymphs and packed their things. Everyone it seemed, that dwelled in the forest, was out at the atrium waiting for them to say their farewells. At first, Irinya, Rode, and Fern just went around to a few people, hugging them and saying farewells. Soon, however, everyone began chanting, "Speech!", so Irinya stood up on the fountain's edge so everyone could see and hear her. "I am sad to say, that it is now time for my companions, Rode and Fern, and I, Irinya, to depart from Sprigg and it's wonderful Nymph village. If we had not been on such an important mission, we surely would have stayed with you for as long as we would have liked. However, we can't, for the fate of our world rests in our hands. After our mission is over though, we will try to come back here and visit as soon as we can. We thank you all dearly for your gracious hospitality, for you did find us in a time of need. We are in your debt! Farewell, residents of the forest!" Everyone in the crowd shouted a farewell, and Irinya, Rode, and Fern were smothered by hugs of well-wishers saying things like, "You will always be welcome in Sprigg.", "Godspeed on your journey, and may you be blessed to accomplish it.", and "Have heart, for those who do not on a journey such as this fail.". Some of these things lightened their hearts and some sunk them. However, Irinya, Rode, and Fern felt greatly appreciated and it was a reluctant farewell as they disapeared from the crowd's view as they went down a hill and out of the forest. They were out of Sprigg. The magical air and enchanted music ceased, but the three companions did not lose heart. Irinya told Rode and Fern of Morgandy's messages to her.::

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2004, 06:44:48 PM »
Luke and Fiona departed from the foots hills with a column of smoke churning up not far behind them.  The forest of was quiet each member of the small group either rejoicing they were alive or mourning for the lost Dragonhawk flyers.  Luke regretted what he had donw but he doubted any of the fliers much less their beasts had survived down there, but he hadn't been sure and if the were donw there at all...  Luke shuddered.  

Fiona seemed to sense what he was thinking and put a hand on his shoulder, "Listen if I was down there I don't think I would want to live to have some spider suck my juices out of me, I don't think you would either."

Luke nodded but still felt gloomy, even if it was mercy killing it was still wrong.  The scale that weighed good and evil was dangerously tipping into darkness even if Luke did something with a good intention he might tip the scales in evil's favor.  The end did not justify the means...

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2004, 09:28:44 PM »
OOC: ok im a little out of it today so for right now im just following Forest Fae. ok... time to go to bed..ZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz.
wait its only 7:30 what im i thinking. im following the leader the leader the leader im following the leader where ever she may go.lol..........sorry...i couldn't help myself...

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #434 on: May 06, 2004, 08:30:01 PM »
Quote from: "Black Rose"
OOC: ok im a little out of it today so for right now im just following Forest Fae. ok... time to go to bed..ZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz.
wait its only 7:30 what im i thinking. im following the leader the leader the leader im following the leader where ever she may go.lol..........sorry...i couldn't help myself...

Now I'm officially frightened of you, Black Rose! :shock:

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #435 on: May 07, 2004, 04:09:16 AM »
OOC: This roleplay seems to be getting a little cliche with LOTR. Why don't we intro some inter dimensional travel?

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #436 on: May 07, 2004, 09:57:08 AM »
OOC:  That's what I was thinking, oh s**t I fed it up when I posted about the spider cavern thats even more like LOTR oops.  d**n I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted that a while ago.  Yeah maybe we should throw some sort of Demon Gate.

Offline Nobody

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Item Guild Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
no harm done?
« Reply #437 on: May 07, 2004, 11:30:35 AM »
OOC: calm down. im not attacking either you or your work. you said you had a writers block, i offered my ideas on the situation in hopes that you might find them useful. you did not. that is fine. your work is its own defense. you need not go out of your way to repeal my mis-statements. please, take no offense. you have my apologies. i leave you to your creation.

-Nobody
"I am just a figment of my imagination" -"Loki", Illusionist Trickster

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #438 on: May 08, 2004, 12:54:18 AM »
OOC: Hey man bye what you said I take it you haven't read the whole story, so before you randomly critize read the whole thing.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #439 on: May 08, 2004, 12:21:50 PM »
OOC: Thanks for the tips but I can't quite disagree with Luke, Nobody.
Norgandy, What do you think, Should we jump to a realm of air and encounter genies and such? Could add an interesting new atmosphere.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #440 on: May 08, 2004, 01:56:56 PM »
Quote from: "Nobody"
OOC: Sounds to me like you guys are trying too hard. i mean, why do you need a secret passage into a battle anyways. secret passages are designed for enclosed spaces like castles and dongeons, not out in the open ones such as large battles. as for spicing up your characters, iyou should just make your character an interesting one, maybe some quirks or some things that are a bit out of the ordinary. the history will write itself if your character is interesting enough. too late for that i suppose.[ oh, and if you want to keep things interesting, try adding some normal dangers as well. a pack of wolves, or maybe some trained dogs. if you go over the top all the time, then you have no place to progress to. not everything has to be giant trolls or evil creatures. just keep in mind that just because something is dynamic does not mean that it cannot be simple. anyway, just trying to help.

-Nobody

OOC: Gee, thanks Nobody. :roll: Fitting name, by the way, since your comments mean nothing to me. Why not try and start your own topic instead of going to ones where you've probably hardly read anything about and criticize them anyway. Jeez, you're stupid. Take your comments elsewhere. They're not needed here. :x

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #441 on: May 08, 2004, 01:59:39 PM »
Quote from: "Svyel"
OOC: Thanks for the tips but I can't quite disagree with Luke, Nobody.
Norgandy, What do you think, Should we jump to a realm of air and encounter genies and such? Could add an interesting new atmosphere.

OOC: I'm not too sure I understand what you're trying to get at so please explain what this "realm" is. And yes, this is sounding a lot like LOTR, I mentioned that already. Oh well, no big deal to me.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #442 on: May 08, 2004, 04:33:21 PM »
OOC: The alternate realm is another dimension that we could get taken to. Maybe a place with chunks of land that float around in a forever sunset orange sky with no ground below and gravity is subjective (So you pick which way is down for you) And it could be the land of the Genies, Jannis and Efreetis. (Bizarre arabian spirits) Yuna could have sent us their in order to thwart our plans to stop her but instead we find that her evil is effecting there too so we still have access to her.
I'm sorry, I suffer from an over active imagination. Sometimes my body can't keep up and I just fall over. *Morphs into a ferret*

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #443 on: May 08, 2004, 09:56:25 PM »
OOC: That sounds fine, Svyel. I had just never really imagined an "air realm" like that so it was hard for me to picture. When you say genies, do you mean like a genie in Disney's 'Aladdin'?

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2004, 02:51:58 AM »
OOC: Pretty much like the disney genie except not as nuts and they're not blue. They are "humans" that are about 7 feet tall, often have beards and wear arabian style clothing and they carry scimitars. Rather interesting and I need to bring that forest demon lady back into the story because there is more than you think.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2004, 05:51:03 PM »
OOC: Ok, that's actually pretty much what I thought they'd be like. But, what's a scimitar?

6 PM of Day 3
::Morgandy, Feanin, and Black Rose reached the edge of Wenden in the evening. There was a grove of trees nearby in which they set up camp for the night. They built a fire, but kept it hidden in case of enemy eyes. Morgandy was very wary of their being in Wenden, for it was Yuna's old land and she may have some connection still to it. So, they also decided to have a rotation of watches during the night. They ate sparingly; a meal of cold meat and stale bread. The three of them talked a little about what roads they should take.They decided to take a small, little known road through the grove on the edge of Wenden; this would keep them out of plain sight in the plains of Wenden and also was a shortcut to the mountains. They also decided that when they got to the Dwarf city, which was called Venhelm, that they should try to speak with the Dwarf ruler, Goldbeard, and try to convince him to help the Fae and Elf struggle. They all agreed that this would be difficult, for Dwarves were stubborn, solitary, independent, and often malicious people. Goldbeard would be a difficult one to persuade, but hopefully they could do it. They decided to worry about this all in the morning, and get a good sleep for the night. Morgandy was on first watch, which was well enough for her since she had so much on her mind that she probably couldn't sleep anyway. She was worried about her mission to the Dwarves. She felt like she was the wrong person for it. Morgandy had never been a very persuading person, nor was she very open to new people. She would try her best though. Morgandy also feared for their lives; if Yuna knew anything she would have sent scouts all over, searching for the crystal and anyone who was against it. All through her watch Morgandy had the terrible, bone-chilling feeling that they were being watched, and three hours later when her watch was up, it was not with reluctance that she gave her position over to Feanin and slept.::

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2004, 08:57:28 PM »
OOC: ok im know i haven't been here for awhile but i read every thing about the "realm" idea and the "genie"idea and they sound good to me. im still having writer block.sorry. but maybe next time i come i will try to write something.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2004, 02:12:27 AM »
OOC: A scimitar is one of those large curved swords that you are most likely to see in arabia and those type of settings. Slices things up quite nicely.

Svyel and Otiluke just followed and did various stuff that was irrelevant to the story. (OOC: Sorry. No creative juices again)

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #448 on: May 11, 2004, 05:32:54 PM »
OOC: Ok, sounds good. Ya, having writer's block too.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #449 on: May 11, 2004, 11:28:06 PM »
OOC: MAybe we could have the big battle first then once we corner Yuna she escapes through some dimensional portal? And we just make it to follow her?