llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Tavern Party  (Read 36395 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #400 on: April 23, 2004, 01:37:26 PM »
OOC: The ideas come from D&D but I do twist them a bit and the third edition books haven't got banshees.
Luke I don't want to sound harsh or anything but if you don't want to play anymore you could just write your character out or hand over the control to someone else. It seems that we have an eager person. (Nightshade.)
To Nightshade. The story has gone on quite a bit and you should read the whole thing. We may lose a person soon and you can maybe take control over that person's character or that person's place(If they don't mind) But you'll have to get clearance from Morgandy.

Svyel looked in horror at the banshees byt when the one fell because if the arrow he could not believe his eyes. That person must have an inner pure happiness or something because there was no way you could touch a banshee without the purity. Essentialy banshees were ethereal, as a soldier just discovered when his sword cut through a mist. "COVER YOUR EARS!" Svyel bellowed as he saw one of the banshees take a breath.
Svyels index fingers were in his ears and his knees were in the tigers ears. A good number of soldiers followed suit but when the banshee screamed not all of them survived. The shrill scream of abject terror pierced the heart and soul of all who heard it. Those who blocked their ears felt a bit nauseous and those who didn't... Well, all that could be done for them now is a beautiful funeral.

Otiluke's predicament didn't change much. Even with the banshees. He couldn't exactly touch them because he wasn't pure of soul but they couldn't harm him because he was already dead.
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • http://hodgepodger.pitas.com
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #401 on: April 23, 2004, 06:30:08 PM »
Quote from: "Luke Lavin"
OOC:  Let's try to wrap this up eh? As soon as this is done I'm not coming back.

What?! :shock: What do you mean you're not coming back? Are you fed up with us or something? What did we do? You sound so angry.
~"I used to drink coffee...It made me jittery."-Brak
~"How much were you drinking?"-Space Ghost
~"Oh, about 20 or 40 gallons a day."-Brak

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #402 on: April 23, 2004, 06:45:36 PM »
OOC: Waiting for Black Rose to reply....Luke, your suggestion to Morgandy was just a suggestion, right? Because otherwise that would be controlling her character and I can't stress how much that shouldn't be done unless given admission by the person whose character you want to control. And that leads me to....Yes, it's fine if Nightshade wants to take over Luke's character with me, but if Nightshade really wants to then he/she will have to ask Luke first. Also, to Nightshade, you will definitely want to read everything already posted for the background you will need to rp in this topic. It is vital. I'm not kidding, and I can't stress that enough either, especially to Black Rose, whom I really hope is at least working on reading the background. *hint hint to Black Rose* :wink: Also, Black Rose, you'll probably want to take Luke's advice, but that dosen't mean you're the only one I've noticed in this topic who will want to work on their grammar. No offense, guys, it's just that it's often very hard to decipher what you've typed and sometimes hard to tell what you're talking about. You'll just want to put a little more care and effort into your typing. Also, nice last post, Svyel, very creative. :) Although, just bear in mind that when I edit this all for my book, I may change some of the "dark side" people so that this isn't totally copying D&D. Yes, Nightshade, I'm also going to try to collaborate this into a book someday so if you join us you will be part of a book! :) Hmmm...I think that's all I had to say for now. Sorry for such a long post, guys. Still suffering from writer's block and waiting for Black Rose to reply.

~.The Forest Fae.~ aka Morgandy

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #403 on: April 23, 2004, 10:04:50 PM »
OOC: No, I mean I'm staying to the end of the rp when ever that is but after this rp I'm not coming back to this site.  I don't mean to be rude sorry, uh hmmm yup. No its none of you guys, I'm moving out of touch for a long while in a couple of weeks. NO syvell I want to stay till the end but I mean in 4 or 5 weeks I'm going to a place for the next couple of months with no comp access at all.  I' probaly should have said nothing anyways, lol.  Morgandy what suggestion are you talking about?

I"M NOT LEAVING RIGHT NOW NO NIGHTSHADE CAN NOT TAKE MY CHARACTER SORRY FOR NOW BEING CLEAR!

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2004, 10:50:28 PM »
Luke with no chance to dodge the blast of sorceress fire swung his cloak about himself and crouched down.  The purple flames licked the cape before passing over setting it on fire.  Luke whipped it off and through it aside, his shoulders, back of the neck, and back were all slightly blackened nastily burned.  

Luke repressed an urge to shriek, he returned to his fighting stance and blocked two quick strikes from the beast.  Luke blocked another series quick strikes, then with a howl a beastial rage feverishly attacking the beast, rays of the light literraly radiated off Luke and when the touched a minion of Yuna's force burned neat holes right through them while healing those side with Luke. The beast was screaming as light pierced its chest and burned it's skin.  In a mist of shadows it faded away running like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.  

Luke finally made it back to the front it seemed the forces of Yuna were making an organized retreat.

(OOC: Hey Morgandy since this battle isn't at Yuna's  Fortess do you want to have the Evil Army retreat back into to Yuna's land? This battle is like a days travel from Bonnyvale.

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #405 on: April 24, 2004, 03:03:07 PM »
OCC: What do you want me to reply to? um... ok ...its it that im Rode sister? Yes i am his long lost sister. Sorry im having a writers block. Thanks for the tipes Luke. I'll try and "spice" things up a bit. Lets see. Hows this for "spice".

Black Rose jumps into battle. Black thing are flying past her. They are moving so fast.
"Oh my gosh", says Black Rose to herself. "Those are the evil flying weremen from Yuna fortress.They graded me when i was little.They will pay." and with those words she said an anicent elfven spell.
" Kella dora mella gore nethen healof gothre illmey tua."
Which meant" Kill the ones who killed my brothers let them turn to ash and ever live again."

Alll at once there was a great noise then they wind started to blow wildly. Then the flying weremen brusted into flams there ashs flew away in the wind.
Then Black Rose went back and continued fight she knew there was a lot more terrible things that were about to happen.
Fairies are real! Real I say!

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #406 on: April 24, 2004, 06:22:37 PM »
OOC: Emeriald says, "BAM!!!!"  Nice job BlackRose that's a big improvement.  Ok Syvell, where are you?

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #407 on: April 24, 2004, 07:06:08 PM »
OCC: thanx Luke. um....... who Emeriald..... and why did he say BAM?

Black Rose ran though the mass of people and creatures fighting. The air smelled of sweat, blood and death. But there was a strange smell coming from right behind her.
she truned around slowly and there was a big hairy troll. It tryed to crush Black Rose with its hands. But she was too fast for him. Trolls my be big but they are stupid. She pulled out her staff and with one blast of bright light. the troll was gone. the only thing left of him was his shoes with steam coming out of them.

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #408 on: April 24, 2004, 08:52:38 PM »
OOC: Hee hee! Funny last post, Black Rose. :lol: I was just waiting for your next reply, but since I'm still having writer's block I'll wait to post. Luke, that's fine if you want the army to retreat, but the battlefield we are presently fighting in (if that's what you're talking about) is just outside the forest. Or are you talking about Yuna's fortress? I'm confused. Nightshade, are you still there? Sorry, you can't take over Luke's character if you wanted to, but you can make up your own character. Just please, examine what our characters are like first and don't make your character too alike ours. Just for clarification, we already have three girls (two Faes and an Elf) with red hair. That's the kind of thing I mean. Also, we only have women who are Faes and Elves so far. No human women or any other race so you might think about that. Just a suggestion though, anyway, you can do what you want.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #409 on: April 25, 2004, 12:21:01 AM »
OOC: We also have only only three men a human, a druid and a Fae.  Hey Nightshade, you could have character be a ranger of sorts that sees the battle and comes to investigate? Oh Morgandy sorry for being confusing, hard to stay awake right now, I just did 8 hours of volunteer work for Rebuilding Together, then 4 hours of real work at my part time job.  Really tired so if i say anything that dont make sense I'll clear it up later.  Anyways the battle is taking place about a couple hours walk from Bonnyvale and a couple days walk from Yuna's fortress, were closer to Bonnyvale.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #410 on: April 25, 2004, 10:28:50 AM »
OOC: Hmmm...Penguin sense, tingling...Is that a munchkin I smell?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #411 on: April 25, 2004, 11:39:02 AM »
OOC: Spider sense... telling me something... Little people?!

IC: Fiona rested agianst a tree the battle field was littered with corpses and the undead army was in full retreat.  She was glad the commander had decided not to pursue them.  She felt they'd taken enough losses for today.  Her bow had been snapped when she had tried to use it to block an attack from a ghoul, all she had now was a short sword she picked up from a fallen Fae.   She liked the short sword it was well balanced and could be thrown if needed.  

Luke came up to her breathing deep and sat down next to her, he sat back then yelped and sat forward again.  His back was charred and burned.  

"By the powers Luke! Come on you need to see the healer." Fiona grabbbed Luke's hand and help him up.

"I'm just well done." Luke said with a small smile that turned grim when Luke clamped down on his jaw because a branch scratched against his burned back. "Ok lets go see the healer."  

The healers tents were in the back of the field at the edge of the forest...

OOC: I got to go now but will post more later today.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #412 on: April 25, 2004, 05:11:35 PM »
...There were many many Fae and elven ingured scattered around or under tents.  A handfull of healers tending to the mass.  By the time Fiona found a healer she could feel Luke's hand shaking.  The healer took one look at Luke's back then decided to take to the "Fountain"  

"We found a fountain of life a little ways back into the forest, their not as uncommon as people think.  Dunk him in it till all the charred skin flakes off then take him out.  He should be fine after that, just make sure not get your clothes wet.  The water is a deep blue and it stains whatever you have permantly.  He refered to the apron he wore with splashes of blue on it.  

The fountain Fiona found was only a ten minute walk away from the main healers camp.  There was no one around but signs some people had been here earlier.  Fiona helped Luke undress, he was seeming really tired, his head swung drunkenly one way when she helped into the pool.  He slipped under the surface and Fiona grabbed his shoulder and pulled him up to the lip which was under the water but high enough up he could sit and keep his head above the water.  Fiona was really woried Luke by now looked pale and he had fallen asleep.  She made a qiuck choice and undressed quickly and slipped into the pool.  The water was just right warm, she felt great just sitting there. The dark charred skin on Luke's back started flaking off like scales and falling into the deep water. It revealed healthy clean looking skin underneath no trace of the scar.  The moon slowly climbed above the trees, she fell asleep shortly.  

Early Morning Day 3 5:00 AM About.

Fiona woke to splshing and looked around, Luke wasn't anywhere.  She felt a panicky twinge then spied him across the small pond like fountain.  She smiled in relief he looked fine.  Luke swam up to the edge, "Good morning, sleep well?"

"Just fine, you?"  

"Good enough, want to grab some breakfast."  

"Errr... Sure."

"Oh.. right." Luke turned around while Fiona got out though she swore she caught him peeking just as she climbed out.  A few minutes later after dried off and changed.  She walked over to the edge.  "Come on."  

"Aren't you? Oh very well." Luke hopped up the edge and changed quick like. "I'll have to grab a shirt it looks like the one last night probaly wont fit anymore. Let's grab breakfast and try to find the others."

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #413 on: April 25, 2004, 06:07:10 PM »
OOC: That's ok, Luke.

::Feanin got safely to the refuge camp. Although when he entered a tent,  he collapsed in agony and weakness. A healer helped him up and onto a bed. Several others began tending to Feanin with medicines, herbs, and bandages. When they had done all they could for the time being, they left Feanin to rest. Being so exhausted, Feanin would've then fallen asleep. However, his body was in excruciating pain and his worry about the battle clouded his thoughts. He secretly wished that he could be out there, protecting Morgandy and staying by her side. He felt she needed him; he felt like he was a very protective older brother to her. Although he also knew, though he did not want to admit it, that Morgandy was very capable of taking care of herself and she didn't need his guardianship. If he tried to protect her she would probably just scold him and shoo him off anyway, telling him to fight on his own and to let her do the same. He sighed. It was almost like realizing that one's child didn't have to be looked after anymore, and that they were ready to go out on their own and become an adult. This was difficult for Feanin, though, for ever since Morgandy's parents died he felt she needed protection and "substitute parents". He and Fiona had done a good job of that, and at the beginning she had needed it, for she was still healing. Yet this was years later, and Morgandy was stronger, though Feanin had trouble letting her go. He did vow to himself, though, that whatever happened, he would always stick by Morgandy's side and would be with her to the bitter end; for he loved her like he loved no other.::
10 PM OF DAY 2

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #414 on: April 25, 2004, 06:23:15 PM »
9:20 PM IN THE REALM OF SPRIGG
::Irinya was still crying and felt she could take no more ill news, but asked Morgandy again of what else she knew. Morgandy replied that she couldn't tell Irinya any more for now, for she was concentrating too hard on not getting killed. Irinya said this was wise for Morgandy, and also that she couldn't bear to hear much more ill news. Morgandy concured and said that she would try to reach Irinya again with more news as soon as possible. They bid each other farewell. Irinya, taking up her book and drying her eyes, tiptoed up the stairs and into her temporary room. There, she set her book and candle down on her nightstand and got under the covers. Secretly she thanked the heavens that she was not in Morgandy's or her companions' positions. She realized that she had it easy, at least for now, for her ultimate task was what worried Irinya the most. However, Rode's words had comforted her and Morgandy's had made her more aware. Irinya now vowed that from the next day's dawn on to the end of their journey, they would dally not in fair company and merrymaking; they would speed their journey till they were near death from exhaustion. They would speed themselves to their ultimate destination, for the world's sake; the world should not have to suffer under Yuna's thumb while Irinya and the others wasted their time in Sprigg. With that thought, Irinya drifted off into a pleasant sleep that lasted till dawn.::

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #415 on: April 25, 2004, 06:41:53 PM »
9:25 PM OF DAY 2
::Morgandy was for the most part, successful with the rest of her battles. However, she received a brutal stab to the stomach that nearly undid her. Still, she edured the wound's pain and fought bravely like there was no tomorrow. Suddenly though, and even with the Faes and Elves outnumbered, Yuna's army must have been frightened by something, for they all retreated in a great terror-driven mass towards the Absynian mountains. At first, Morgandy wondered why they would be retreating that way, when she saw it. A great and terrible column wrought of smoky black iron with fearfully sharp spires and gruesome, devilish gargoyles rising up at a devastating height from none other than that of where the village of Serrin lie. The great tower struck fear and loathing into every nerve of Morgandy's body, turning her blood to ice; Yuna's tower. She knew that's what it had to be, Yuna was whom these devils served and that's who they would be fleeing to. This unnerved Morgandy greatly but for the time being, the Fae and Elf army could rest while deciding upon new strategies. The head leaders of the army were already well under way with that, sitting off near the forest in a crowd. The terrible sight of the bodies churned Morgandy's stomach, so she retreated to the refuge camp where she could finally talk with Feanin. When she got there, though, she remembered her wound and it's pain overtook her. She collapsed to the ground and healers immediately brought her to a bed next to Feanin's and began tending to her. Feanin was still awake. He looked on Morgandy and her wound with great worry and anguish in his eyes. Morgandy managed a grim smile through her pain. She felt she had let him down. She had always tried to exceed Feanin's expectations of her and defy his thoughts that Morgandy was incapable of great feats. Morgandy knew Feanin felt responsible for her, and she hated to have him see her like this. Now, he would not only never let her out of his sight, probably, but she would never forgive herself to not giving into Feanin's wishes and having stayed a proper village Fae maiden. However, she knew her curse prevented her from that and he should too, so maybe, just maybe, Feanin would learn to trust her again. Through the night, neither Morgandy nor Feanin could sleep. They were left alone, but did not talk for the tension between them was thick like fog.::

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #416 on: April 25, 2004, 08:04:27 PM »
OCC. i have a writers block and you would too if you had just did a four page question sheet for Romeo and Juliet. God i am so tried. Lets she what i can come up with.

Black Rose looked at all of the beasts and saw them all going back to Yuna. This was now her time to go to the healers tent and help the other and fined her companions.

Black Rose ran al the way to the camp. When she got there she looked around and found some ingured people. who needed help. She gave them anicent elfven remidies and comforted them.

After that she took so medicine and sat in the corner watching over all the ill people for the night.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #417 on: April 26, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »
OOC: Wonder where syvell got to?  

Luke stood over a small table with a map spread over it and several of the commanders next to him.  Fiona had wandered over to the healers tents to find Morgandy and Feanin.  The map didn't paint a pretty picture, a few scouts had reported nothing but dead trees up to a clearing a black spire rose from that was surronded by entrenched soldiers and weapons of war.

Luke looked at the map there was a Dwarven encampment five miles to the north of here.  "We're going to need the Dwarves to crack this tower open, their machines and gun powder weapons would give a great advantage against the tower's defenses. If we can get the Dwarves to fight with us then we should put them in the second line dead center, that way the Dwarven Mortars could plow a path through these stockades here.  The more days we give thats jsut how many more defenders Yuna will have.  We have to win this battle if we don't Yuna will sned her minions out like a plague across our lands hunting for the Crystal."

"Since we don't have the dwarves with us what do you suggest we do?" One of the commander asked.  

"Well without the Dwarves or that contigent DragonHawks the battle to take that tower would cost dearly, Yuna's forces outnumber us two or three to one.  The only reason we won last night I think was becausewe got the drop on them, they weren't suspecting us to armch yet so we ran into her forces a little bit at a time.  Those forces were probaly on their way to Bonnyvale.  If not for us..." Luke shakes his head.  

"Without any support I don't know how we can pull this off.  We don't even have some heavy calvary! No we need to send out runners and scouts, one to find the lost Dragon Hawks, one to find and convince the Dwarves of our cause.  Once Morgandy is up and about I think she should lead the team to the dwarves, but it's her choice she is the one who opened our eyes to this threat.  We also need one more team to scour the country side for conuscripts we can use to make up for our losses here.  There's surely a mercenary camp some where.  Finally round up any men with carpeting and egineering skills we need to make a few ballistas and catapults of our own to crack Yuna's tough shell."

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2004, 07:07:29 PM »
OOC: Sorry I'm not replying. :oops: I just have writer's block (nothing new), have been pretty busy, and waiting for others to reply too. I'll be back and posting soon though. :)

~.The Forest Fae.~

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #419 on: April 29, 2004, 05:10:17 PM »
OCC :x omg i have stupid writers block again. this is killing me !!!!! :?

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #420 on: April 29, 2004, 07:24:56 PM »
OOC: Tough times ehh?  :?   Well I had a few ideas to go from here, obviously were pretty outnumbered here so we need more reinforcements.  I think we should plsit the party up into 3 different groups for 3 short quests then reunite with the reinforcements for the final battle.  How about my characters Fiona and Luke go hunt down the missing Dragonhawk fliers, Morgandy and Blackrose could either go into the country side and try to recruit more Fae and Elves or you two could go into the mountains and hunt down some Dwarves to help us.  Syvel been pretty quiet lately so I guess whichover one the two of you choose we could Syvel did the other one, or have him stay at the camp.  It's been at least more than a few days since his last post.  These quests could be short two or three posts things so we have some reinforcements for the battle.  With the dwarves we could create some seige units and units with gunpowder weapons maybe, if you two did the did the quest for elven conuscripts we could probaly scape up a few more spellcasting NPC's (Non-Player Characters).  

Unfortunately I have writes block too.  :(

Offline The Forest Fae

• Guardian
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2004, 12:47:27 PM »
OOC: And Feanin can go with me and Black Rose. That idea sounds good to me, but when will the final one-on-one battles (like me with Yuna) take place? Yes, writer's block sucks. :roll:

Offline Black Rose

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2004, 02:00:41 PM »
OCC: yes i'll go with you Forest Fea.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2004, 05:17:56 PM »
OOC: They would come up like half way through the finale battle.  I think it would be cool if laid out that we snuck in a back way or some undergrond passage, while the big battle took place. Sorry forgot about Feanin :| , thats works though.  I wish I knew Syvel's email address wonder where he got off to or something.  I just got done with school so I'm a lil vaped right now I'll post later tonight.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Tavern Party
« Reply #424 on: May 03, 2004, 06:31:02 AM »
OOC: Hey guys. I'm back at last. I'm back at school now so I'll be able to post on weekdays. I can't say much now though. Class calls
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.