llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Guardians of the Citadel  (Read 106064 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • King
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Master Questor Elite NPC Guild 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
Re: Guardians of the Citadel
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2014, 12:51:07 AM »
Jenette face-palmed as Carly once again likely over reacted to a health issue, shooting her friends an apologetic look, sometimes having a paramedic at the gaming table was a pain in the ass. "I'll go check on him Carly, before you freak out and kick the bathroom door down." She sighed rising and grabbing up her cane before heading for the bathroom, doubting in his haste the professor had thought to lock it.
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline MysticMoon

• Progresstinator in training
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10 2011 Society of the Year
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2014, 01:50:54 AM »
"Is... is, he ok? I mean, the game... Things were just getting good... I'm sure he'll be fine."
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Golden Creator 5 Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2014, 03:18:01 AM »
"Well, if it isn't serious, it's all good, we can roll up characters for the paramedics as well. And if not, we'll be glad we called."
Echo shrugged.
"Once hit my brother's head with a sword. Nothing serious, but there  was a bucket load of blood everywhere. I too dialed in an emergency."
Then, he shrugged again.
"But then, that's Slovak emergency services to you, I ended up driving him to the hospital myself."
At the concerned looks of the rest, he added: "Nah, he's fine. It would take more than a casual head blow to make the bastard any crazier than he already is."

Hm.

"He's not coming out? I better break down the door, eh?"

Echo went to examine the door and the frame, preparing to launch himself against it.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2014, 04:04:50 AM »
"Do you two mind?" The professor chastised Echo and Jenette through the closed door, hearing their approach. "All's well here, be right back, no need for door kicking!"

5 minutes later...

"Lovely story Echo, I caught the tail end of that, glad your brother is ok.

"It's 4:20 boys and girls. Sure you want to keep going? Alrighty, it's still Scras' turn to attack...and Val's too technically. After that I unleash the men-at-arms!"

The professor was looking better.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2014, 08:04:42 AM »
Valadaar looked annoyed - calling in 911 would have been a royal pain. 

"K, I'm waiting for them to get down. Frankly given a round is a whole minute long, I would not have expected them to take _that_ long to get down the stairs...  Not firing since that would draw their attention."

Human Strolenati
              Ildus Amanitha- The Occult Brotherhood           
            Strolenati Guild
            DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            STR: 5| END: 4| CON: 5| DEX: 5 | CHA: 4 | INT: 8
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
"It's only a minute on paper val, in reality, it's an unconfirmed and nebulous amount of time a gm needs to move npcs from A to B, without them getting manhandled by sneaking rogues." (:P)

"Uhh--wait, guys, part leader down! I think Scras is asleep. Head down, pretending to study character sheet, but I think his eyes are closed. Well, it is almost 5am. Can someone move his elbow, so I can peek at his scores and weapons list? May have to roll for him."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:35:56 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »
Valadaar was getting grumpy. He turned into a pumpkin shortly after midnight, and now it was nearly daytime again.

"Fine, held action then. Someone other than Silv popping through the door's gonna get a sling stone in the face.- Hey Dozus, you get 3 shots per round with the dart by the way..."

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »
"I've only got three darts," Dozus replied. "My chances of actually hitting something are pretty bad. You think I should save them for later or just chuck 'em all?" He drank down his fifth cola of the night - now morning.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• Redneck Hipster
  • Emperor
  • You say insane like it's a bad thing
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coffee & Cthulhu
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 01:38:36 PM »
Sorry, work has, been hectic, Scras picks up the dice. It's too close for the bow, so I draw my sword and lay a smite down on the closest of the lady's captors. If I get a chance I want to toss her my dagger so she can cut her bonds. 
" If the muse comes to your bedside, don’t tell her you’ll f?$! her later."- Allen Ginsberg

Offline MysticMoon

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 02:39:19 PM »
"It's not too late at night until my eyes are too blurry to read the dice. Also, I've yet to chop anything up, so...

"Oh, and glad you're feeling better, prof."

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »
"Dex check for friendly dagger toss..."

"Success! Well, relative success. You get the dagger right to her, but as she reaches, she accidentally kicks it down the stairs and it clangs down harmlessly."

"Scrasamax swings his trusty blade at one of the remaining three men with Lady Karkayla, a lantern-jawed brick of a goon, clad in chain, and wielding a gnarled-looking broadsword..."

*checking dice*

"Solid hit, roll damage"

*checking dice*

"You nearly take his shield-arm clean off with those 8 points! He staggers toward you, spewing blood, attempting to return the favor but misses with a wide arc *checking dice*

"Val passes. Myst is charging, pole arm aloft, Echo has re-notched her arrow, and now the other two goons attack, leaving Karkayla unattended at this point..."

"Hang on, is that a Siren I hear?"

"Wait! I forgot about the other action outside..."

"...Sil indeed managed to slice some cheek with her arrow, and the merc mouthpiece shouts obscenities, holding his hand to his bleeding face. 'The Guesthouse! he screams to his men, and almost immediately crossbow quarrels begin pin-cushioning the building where Sil and Lucky are hiding out. A few manage to smash through windows, sending glass flying... At the same time he orders his other men to burn the main inn down, and they begin tossing huge oil-soaked torches upon the edifice, and..."

"Phew. Hang on give me a second here" the professor takes several deep breaths...

"Ok, back inside the taproom, both remaining mooks miss their marks with their attacks. One missed Scrasamax, one missed Myst.

"We'll eschew an initiative roll, and just say, Dozus, Echo, Val, Myst, and Scrasamax are up again. Myst first, he's been patiently waiting to smash someone with that pole arm...three foes left, one severely wounded!"

"Meanwhile, at the guesthouse, Sil and Lucky get to act again as well. Careful, bolts flying everywhere in your general direction."

"We're going to try and move this battle along, I'm passing out guys!"

Sheets of rain pummeled Val's house. Still dark but soon morning. The red candle finally gave out, spitting out one last noxious puff of smoke.

At that precise moment, there was a knock on the door, and someone shouted, "EMT! Open up." They must have not heard the van pull up in all that rain. Val look annoyed. The professor suddenly collapsed in his chair, his forehead crashing down against his DMG on the table with a stout thud. He didn't move.

Everyone else found that they suddenly couldn't move either. Scras was asleep again. Val couldn't move a muscle despite all of his efforts, and began to sweat profusely. Lucky made a peculiar yelp, but remained prone under the table. Silveressa's eyes simply closed, though she still sat straight up in her chair. Lady Wolfe slid off her chair slowly, and passed out atop of Lucky on the floor. MysticMoon tried to get up from his seat and managed it, but after taking one random step he crashed onto the sofa. Echomirage sat unmoving in a trance, glassy eyes wide open. Dozus was frozen in time, still studying his character sheet. Except paralyzed.

"EMT!!" Came the cry from outside. "We received a call!" Pause "Alright, let's break it down."

The last sound val registered was his door crashing inward. The landlord wouldn't like that, he thought.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:44:07 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »
Valadaar came to as if from a long dream. 

The first thing he managed to realize was that he was no longer indoors. The second thing he observed was that he was not valadaar, small v, anymore.

He cast his eyes over his waist and legs as he sat. Yep, definitely not small v valadaar anymore.

He was sitting with his back against a tree breathing deeply, and shivering but not from cold. He looked around and spotted some kind of trap door in the soft earth next to him. It was open.

Sitting several feet away from him was some kind of pale, mousy woman dressed in furs of ermine. She was also propped against the tree, except in her case, she also had a crossbow quarrel sticking out of her eye socket. Wait, not pale. Dead! The other eye was still open, and her face was twisted in permanent anguish.

Finally he looked up and could see a ferocious burning inferno. Several buildings about one hundred feet away, somewhat downhill from him, were ablaze, black smoke gushing upwards, blackening the sky. The buildings, or what was left of them,  looked exactly like he had pictured they would! How do you like them apples. Good physical description by the professor! Kudos.

Wait, what????!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:06:44 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »
EchoMirage awoke to the smell of burning flesh. His first thought was please Lord don't let it be mine. It wasn't. He was on the roof again. Wait, what did he mean 'again'? Around him raged an inferno. Two men were screaming and dying less than a dozen feet away.

Two instantaneous observations by the clinical-minded Slovakian medical student.

The First:  He probably had seconds not minutes to get off this burning roof, or he would perish. But how? He could barely see anything amidst the flame and smoke engulfing him.

The Second: He had boobs!

Interestingly enough, he was also holding aloft a bow, arrow notched. Strange, a fire extinguisher would have been much preferable.

He began calculating the odds of survival if he simply leapt from the roof. Somehow, he wasn't sure how, he knew exactly how tall this structure should be. Forty-five feet below, salvation?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:30:01 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2014, 07:14:17 PM »
Someone had to save the horses! Huh? Why was he thinking that? Lawful-good and all that maybe? It would be expected of me! No, wait, that's not why. He simply loved horses! Scrasamax thoughts began to scramble, as he dreamt a particularly vivid dream. He was a knight (naturally), and he was currently scrambling around inside of a burning stable filled with panicked, stomping horses. He had cut down one villain after another (naturally) on his way here. Smoke and fire everywhere! Somewhere nearby was *his* horse, his noble, faithful steed! Must get to him! What the hell was its name again? And the other horses! His heart was pounding, like in that moment when you're just about to wake up from a dream right before you die!

Suddenly he began coughing uncontrollably and his lungs burned painfully. Wow, vivid dream! Ok, never mind that, must somehow free the horses! Where was the d**n entrance? So hard to see. He side-stepped a rearing stallion at that precise moment, and almost got a hoof to the skull. Scrasamax was going to save these d**n horses if it killed him! What the hell, its just a dream! Roll with the flow, he told himself.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
“Any ideas?” MysticMoon shouted over to Dozus , “Now’s the time!”  The giant man had just finished braining one foe with his fearsome pole-arm, and another adversary had run away screaming down the hall, his tunic aflame, minus one arm, which Myst had unceremoniously (and without much effort) chopped off!

Myst could not believe his own strength; seconds ago he had ripped a door from its hinges, and had shuffled himself and Dozus inside. There was no way out of valadaar’s apartment with the hallway and staircase a raging inferno, and the taproo—uh living room downstairs, already engulfed in a sea of burning red.

The upstairs room they found themselves in now, was smoking hot, but not yet a'flame.

“I don’t know how you’re doing this professor, but it’s @!#$ing awesome!! Feels so real!! I am so d**n strong! Holy s**t! Woooo!!” 

MysticMoon was a bit delirious with blood-lust and confusion. If it had dawned on him yet that he was no longer on the non-existant second floor of valadaar’s “burning apartment”, the big man wasn’t showing it.

Dozus, on the other hand, was in a state of mild shock. He was huddled in the corner of the room, beside a window, mumbling. None of this made sense to him. Something was very off. That would be an understatement. He didn’t want to be here. He didn’t understand where here was. And he was no longer himself! In his lap sat some kind of furry, narrow rodent, squeaking away at his face. The fact that he understood what the d**n thing was saying, worried Dozus to no end. At least it had a point. “We have to get out of here!” it kept squeaking. Dozus found himself agreeing, despite his harried state. Still in a daze, he lifted himself off the ground, and proceeded to speak in what sounded like a quick succession of ten to twelve different languages, none of which MysticMoon understood a single word of...Finally Dozus tried the common tongue, "Thanks for...back there" he said rather solemnly.

He looked over at MysticMoon. The giant man covered in swirling blue tattoos grinned back at Dozus.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:04:36 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
"Well s**t, I guess she wasn't in on it. "  Absentmindedly, Valadaar searched the dead woman, though part of him flinched.  Dead woman. 

valadaar had seen very few dead people in his life to this point, only his grandparents at their funerals. All 'perfect' and plasticy, the product of the undertakers trade.  This one was very different, barely cold and bloody, with the cause of death front and center.  "Must have rolled a 20."

He couldn't really make sense of what happened, so decided to roll with it. 

Where was everyone? No one followed him in the tunnel? Why was he alive and she dead - that didn't make sense.

Where was everyone?

Human Strolenati
            Strolenati Guild
            Weavers Guild
            Level 4
            Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline MysticMoon

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2014, 08:47:47 PM »
"Weren't there just sirens? I swear I heard sirens. Maybe the fire department is here?"

Mystic shook his head... the pieces didn't quite make sense...

"Well, hey, umm, whoever you are, think we might wanna get outta here? Oh, hey, I see you have a pet... whatever that thing is. I sure hope the others are ok."

He reached down and grabbed up the man on the floor, slinging him over his broad shoulder and looking for a balcony or window and a way out. Part of him still felt pumped up and ready to charge back into the conflagration, feeling once again that rush of hacking away at his foes...

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »
Compared to Lady Wolf, Silveressa adjusted rather quickly. It was in her nature it seemed. Apparently, they had somehow (@!#$-all if she could even begin to guess how), been transported from NB, Canada to---what the hell did the professor say was the name of this world again? Ah, doesn't matter at the moment. Fortunately (wouldn't be as much fun with a cane) they had also somehow (still no clue how) taken on the identities and--existences?--of their pen and paper characters. Unreal...but manageable. Just get a hold of yourself. Focus, girl. She forced herself to focus.

Where was she? She was atop a tree, huh, at least fifty feet up, nestled between two branches.

What was she doing? Gripping a bow with a death-like grip, her arms quivering from the strain.

What was the situation? She had a perfect view of the inn and guesthouse in flames. She was about a hundred yards away, up in a pine. Below her, a half dozen bodies littered the ground. Stuffed with arrows like misshapen dead porcupines.

Where was Lucky? Below as well, looking up at Sil expectantly, his head cocked to one side. A small tail wave when he noticed her looking at him. Couldn't bark though, in his jaws the dire-wolf held someone's bloody leg. Lovely.

Where was everyone else? Hopefully not burning alive.

Time to move.

Lady Wolf was having a little more trouble adjusting, despite her happiness in finding Sil alive and well, moments ago. She was wolf. Not just a wolf, a @!#$ing dire-wolf! Her mind was preoccupied with thoughts no one could even begin to understand!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:07:48 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Master Questor Elite NPC Guild 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Elite Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »
Silveressa glanced about, half lowering the bow and easing off the tension as she noticed a distinct lack of available targets, her mind churning with the impossibility of the situation before decided the here and now matter, if this was some kind of near death experience she was pretty sure dying here would spell bad things for her meat body back... Wherever it was.

She looked back down at Lucky staring up at her, the oozing leg a sickening sight lit by the flames and her own Elvish vision.

With a shake of her head she lowered herself down from the tree, realizing quickly a short  mini dress, thigh high leather boots and leather armor might look good on a character sheet, but felt a bit vulnerable in person. "At least I didn't choose high heels." She muttered looking over at Lucky, "Drop it!" She held her voice in a stern tone that she often used in daily life with Lucky when he got it in his head to grab something up he wasn't supposed to, realizing a second after she spoke it was unlikely going to work on a Dire Wolf.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:25:00 PM by Silveressa »

Offline Lucky

• Journeyman
  • Loyalty unto Death
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:10 PM »
Lucky froze in place, the smell of death and wood smoke pervasive, mingled with blood, trees, and a hundred other scents flooding her senses, instinct telling her to guard the base of this tree with her life? She glanced up and was momentarily transfixed by the upskirt view of a... Elven woman? She tilted her head, noting that apparently elves lacked body hair below the waist, wagging his tail slightly as his eyes made contact with the elves.

Wait a second, his? Her mind did a second mental somersault as she processed the new sensation of a male wolf body, instinct guiding her thoughts over the complexity and soothing his panic, Okay she was a he now but that was the normal state of being for this body and it was a good thing her instinct told her, a very good thing for a fierce and loyal Dire Wolf to be.

Lucky scarcely noticed the Elven woman drop from the tree to stand at her side until the command issued from her mouth, causing Lucky to to double take, his eyes crossing as he noticed the severed leg in his mouth.

Wait, severed leg?! Lucky gagged and dropped it at Silveressa's feet, some part of his mind throwing up, reviled at the idea of a severed human body part in her mouth, the lingering taste on his tongue informing him it was actually quite tasty, instincts agreeing that meat was in fact a good thing to have in ones mouth, but not if his alpha commanded otherwise.

Lucky took a half stumbling step back, tripping over his hind paws and sprawling awkwardly, a almost human scream of surprise erupting from his throat. "Wha- You- Me-." His low pitched voice faded into silence as Carly felt another consciousness within her/his mind, a presence her mind told her was her German Shepherd Lucky, but not in control, more conjoined? Lucky placed his paws over his head and howled low and mournful, struggling to focus on the present and make sense of the insanity that had become conscious thought, looking at Silveressa with a mixture of fear and confusion.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:08:00 PM by Lucky »

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2014, 11:00:53 PM »
Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh

"Hey!"

Dozus looked down in shock, a cold sweat breaking across his skin. The stoat was clinging to his shoulder, face inches away from his own. "No time to panic," it spoke in sounds he somehow understood. "Focus."

Dozus swallowed dryly and nodded. "Right," he said, though it wasn't. The voice he was using wasn't his own, though it seemed familiar. Even the language wasn't right - it certainly wasn't English - but it came naturally. And rather than panicking at a rodent in his face, the little creature was surprisingly reassuring.

He tried to walk before realizing he was at an odd angle, and also being carried. "I- I can walk," he assured the man carrying him - it was Mystic, wasn't it? "What, uh, where should we go?"
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2014, 11:05:32 PM »
Silveressa took a short leap backwards as the severed leg hit the grass with a sickening thud, a jet of partially congealed blood erupting in a small spray that barely missed her boots.  With a grimace she gave it a kick, launching it into the bushes and thankfully out of sight, Lucky's howling and speech pulling her eyes back to his now cowering form.

"Easy boy," she reached out to gently pat him, kneeling down and humming softly, the carnage and burning inn in the distance a unpleasant reminder of the fragility of their current location. "You're fine, now." She felt a strange connection to him, as if he was bonded to her somehow, that their lives, no their very souls, were joined as one in a way. "I'll never look at animal companions or familiars in the same way again." She looked into Lucky's eyes for a long moment, seeing intelligence there, more than she was used to seeing in a dogs. "We can't stay here can you stand?" She continued to gently caress his head, noting how surprisingly soft the fur on his ears were compared to the rough wiry fur she'd imagined.

Offline Lucky

• Journeyman
  • Loyalty unto Death
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2014, 11:29:46 PM »
Lucky lifted his head and gently licked Silveressa's hand as she stroked him, the sickeningly strong taste of sweat, combined with light tastes leather, wood, and Elven female , making his eyes widen in shock, now it made sense why dogs licked things! It was a world of information only a tongue length away!

He panted slightly as Silveressa mentioned the connection, the feeling of union between them something he had taken for granted until it was brought to his attention. "I'm not really myself mistress." He said quietly, struggling how to explain to his Elven companion what she knew as Lucky the Dire Wolf was now Carly the nerdy gamer girl. "You might say a spell of possession transferred me into this body? I am called Carly where I am from." She flattened her ears and cringed, half afraid her response would cause Silveressa no end of confusion.

This close the smell of the Elven woman was all but over powering, mingled with smoke and pine pitch, at least Jenette's character had an acceptable level of personal hygiene.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:08:13 PM by Lucky »

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • King
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »
"Come again?" She blinked and paused in her petting, her thoughts still jumbled and getting more so as she tried to fit this new piece of the puzzle into place. "I thought this was my fantasy dream, brought on by hallucinations and asphyxia from that candle the professor was burning. "I mean you in my dreams I could see, Lucky in my dreams I could also see; but you as Lucky? That's a new one, even for my perverse mind."

She shook her head, "Time enough to draw quantum mechanic diagrams in the dirt with sticks to explain all this later, for now, we need to get away from this fire to somewhere safe, and maybe find the rest of our adventuring party." She rose to her feet and glanced about for her cane before smiling at the realization she could walk nimbly without it.

"Tell me you can walk in that shape, because there's no way in hell I can carry a Dire Wolf over my shoulder."

In a moment of inspiration she put her whistle to her lips taking a breath and breathing a fallback and regroup series of short and long blasts in an S.o.S pattern. "Hopefully if any of them are out there they'll hear it and respond with horns or shouts, I wonder if any of them know morse code as well?"

Offline MysticMoon

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2014, 12:15:33 AM »
"Of course it's Mystic. Who else would I be? Now, I think I can tie this rope down over here and lower us both down. I just really hope val and the others made it out of the apartment. And why don't I hear any sirens? Please tell me they didn't drive right by the big inferno!"

Mystic made a quick knot of the rope around a beam and threw the end over the side. Wait, I suck at rope tying...

"Well, hold on tight!"