llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A race of misunderstood monsters  (Read 2687 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
A race of misunderstood monsters
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:56:13 PM »
I have a plan to create a race of misunderstood monsters for Decathros that live in the mountains and are greatly feared by surrounding villages. The proverbial bogeymen, they are the stuff of the scary stories that mothers tell their children and are blamed for the mysterious disappearances that  take place in the mountains. Sometimes, they even raid entire villages and depopulate them completely.

The reality is that they are actually shipwrecked extraterrestrial beings. Coming from a technologically advanced  society , they are attempting to build a space-craft that would allow them to get back home. In the meantime, they are attempting to recreate their society on this planet. They are divided into a sort of hive-like society dominated by a dominant breeding pair. Although sentient, individuality for    them is a fluid concept and shifts according to immediate circumstances. The bigger the hive, the less aware they are of their individualistic nature and they consequently feel  happier. However, the smaller  the collective unit that they belong to, the more distressed they feel as they are more keenly confronted  with their individual minds. In order to combat this, they kidnap humans to join their numbers. They do not see this as a crime since they belief that they are saving the humans from less than optimal living  conditions.

Are there any special details that I might be able to add in order to make this a more feasible concept? Thank  s so much for any feedback or ideas that anyone here volunteers.   
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A race of misunderstood monsters
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:56 PM »
So, basicly the borg?
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
I was thinking District 9 myself.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Lifeforms Guild Locations Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »
So, basicly the borg?

Not quite. As I stated previously, they do actually have individual minds. It's just that the awareness of the fact of their own self-existence tends to leave them feeling overwhelmed and  distressed. This causes them to behave in odd and sometimes violent ways. In order to attain a ''Borg'' like state, they need to swell to a certain population size which they have failed to do as of yet.
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©