llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Coldforged - 1423] Ardenwald  (Read 10808 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Coventinae Fate-Weaver

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Re: [Coldforged - 1423] Ardenwald
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:15 PM »
There was a cracking sound, like the cracking of thunder, yet it came from below. Then a shrill scream arose; the wailing of a thousand tortured souls. The ground began to shake uncontrollably, and from the fissure that appeared earlier, four tentacles arose - Thick as grown pythons, reaching four meters into the air.

From within the cavern came an immense roar. A roar unlike anything they had ever heard before; it reverbated in their solar plexuses, shook them till they were nauseaous. Aeomi gasped as she realized that Eurydice was bleeding from her ears, eyes and nostrils. Looking around she realized that Rune bled too.

The tentacles lashed after them, even though Aeomi could perceive no sensory organs. Seconds later there was an immense explosion followed by a deep rumbling sound; something was moving up through the cavern, towards them.

OOC: (22:14:10) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 4d100 and gets 5,56,11,79.
3 of the tentacles hit
Aeomi is hit for (22:14:58) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 3d6 and gets 4,2,2. = 8 damage in the left arm
Vitoriel is hit for (22:15:00) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 3d6 and gets 4,3,2. = 9 damage in the right arm
Kuth is hit for (22:15:01) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 3d6 and gets 4,3,6. = 13 damage in the right arm
(22:16:29) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 3d20 and gets 18,13,15.

Aeomi is using her Ketange-Ishatal staff to actively shield from attacks. Damage is reduced by 7 points.

The tentacles wrapped around the arms of the Maesters. It was as if they homed in on the most powerful of the group, and soon excruciating pain was visited upon the formidable masters. Only Aeomi's shielding aura saved Kuth from getting the arm crushed and torn from his body.

OOC
Morale rolls Rune, U'Kriel and Cydia. All passed in spite of s**tty rolls!
(22:20:18) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 3d20 and gets 15,12,14.

Morale rolls Caldu and Enhtri, both passed easily.
(22:20:24) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d20 and gets 4,5.

Morale rolls Eurydice and Ronal. Eurydice runs... again.
(22:20:30) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d20 and gets 20,9.

The apprentices readied themselves, surprised but weathered. All except Eurydice who began screaming horribly and once again ran.

"i am bleeding! Bleeding! I am sorry, Mistress! I am sorry! Noooo! Help meee!", she cried as she turned around and ran into the dark forest.

Initiative new round:
Tentacles: 3, 3, 3, 3
Thing from down below: 15 (cannot be attacked before 15)
Apprentices:
(22:28:02) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 6d10 and gets 4,1,3,9,6,6.
Rune 5
U'Kriel 2
Cydia 4
Caldu 10
Enthri 7
Ronal 8
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:32:46 PM by Coventinae Fate-Weaver »

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2014, 06:41:47 PM »
(20:39:44) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

Kuth spoke words of magic and began to take the form of a great bear, seeking to use claw and fang to free himself and pit ursoid strength against the tenticals...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
Elquin yelped as the tentacles burst forth from the ground and wrapped around the Masters. "That's no dragon!" he yelled, and drew his short sword. The thief swallowed heavily - the Masters had powerful magic at their disposal. Elquin had only his hard steel and sturdy spears. He wondered how helpful he could be...
Nevertheless, he charged forth bravely. Kuth appeared to already be transforming - His powerful shapeshifting magics would likely free him from his wrappings - so Elquin ran to Aeomi's side and swung his sword with brute force, grateful the tentacles latched onto the magic users. Sweat dripped off his forehead, and somewhere to his left a Fevabird chirped. His sword grip was not firm however, and his heart sank as he felt the blade fall from his fingers and clatter uselessly onto the ground, while the tentacle tightened it's death grip on his Master...

*blip*
 Elquin's vision swirled strangely and he felt oddly nauseous. Out of the corner of his eye he thought he saw the flash of a yellow robe and the curling of mists. Was that a feminine giggle he heard?
"You can do better than that, Phaedroso. Strike again!"
"It's all just a dream, Elquin - The Dream bends for you. Swing true."
Both voices rang within the Ethenorden thief's head at the same time, overlapping each other. Was it his own thoughts? Or was it someone else?
*blip*

Elquin was grateful the tentacles latched onto the magic users. Sweat dripped off his forehead, and somewhere to his left a Fevabird chirped. His sword grip was firm and steady and the blade sang through the air, striking the writhing thing at the base near the fissure!
What had happened? He felt like he had just stepped through a dream...!

Initiative roll: (10:20:41) Minion: Shadoweagle rolls 1d10 and gets 5.
Attack roll: (10:20:47) Minion: Shadoweagle rolls 1d100 and gets 88.
I will use my perk to re-roll that attack:
Perk used: Touch of the Dreamer (One re-roll, once per day. Pick the best.): (10:20:50) Minion: Shadoweagle rolls 1d100 and gets 6!
Don't know what damage rolls I need to make.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Aeomi Nebuchadessar

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »
Aeomi yelled out orders to her apprentices while she relied on martial arts to fend for herself. With the tentacles all around them, U'kriel had no problem finding a target, Red Fang bit into warped flesh as the more mundane blade followed. Rune cast a bolt of essence and Cydia tried casting a spell of healing on Kuth.

Aeomi
(14:35:08) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 24.
(14:41:21) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d20 and gets 7.
(14:42:02) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d4 and gets 2.
I'm not sure what damage her martial arts does but it should definately be more than just a 1d4. I'm gonna send you a suggestion on that.

U'kriel
(14:34:46) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 15.
(14:34:50) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 16.

Rune
(14:35:08) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 24.

Cydia
(14:34:55) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 84.

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »
Elquin lunged at the tentacle that held Aeomi aloft. He thrust with his short sword, and drove it deep into the tentacle, till he hit the artery of the thing, which released ferocious squirts of bluish goo. The tentacle thrashed violently, but it no longer had the strength to hold Aeomi in the air, and the maester was dumped unceremoniously down on the ground; landing chest first in the forest moss.

Elquin damage
1d6+1 (short sword - 2d6+2 on special rolls (which this was))
+1d4 (strength)
+4 (sacred dreamer blade)

(23:08:08) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 6,4. +1 +1
(23:08:12) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d4 and gets 4. +4 (holy)
Total 20 damage!!!

Rune sidestepped, her voice a murmur as she evoked mystical powers. Her hands were briefly surrounded by a blue nimbus, then a bolt of pure light shot at the other tentacle that threatened Aeomi. As a result it winced forcefully, hammering into a nearby lingonberry tree that broke under the tremendous force.

"Hold still, Mistress!", U'Kriel barked, and as Rune maneuvered under the tentacle, Red Fang was thrust forcefully into the thrashing thing. Rune's head was drowned in bluish goo; it was the life force of the tentacled horrors that were attacking them through cracks in the earth.

A second later his other blade bit deep in the tentacle, but an inch  from where the first cut had landed; and he was through, the tentacle hacked in twain.

Kuth veered into ursoid form as the tentacle soldified its grip on the hapless shapechanger, twisting from arm to torso and further up to the neck, seeking to choke the life from him (OOC: Damage for that next round)

"Protect the Master!", Caldu screamed and he veered into the shape of a black panther, his claws raking and his fangs biting deep into tentacle flesh.

At the same time Enthri veered into the shape of a giant Boa constrictor, and she coiled herself around the tentacle that squeezed her master, attempting to cut of its strength.

Ronal hacked at the thing with his longsword, then bashed it violently with his round shield.

"Eurydice, you cowardly witch, get back here! Defend the Mistress!", he bellowed as he dodged the tentacle that U'Kriel had just cut off. It landed harmlessly in the moss beside him.

Vitoriel clenched to her staff and projected an aura around her, attempting to keep the constricting tentacle at bay. It had not pierced her shield yet, and she calmly planned her next series of attacks.

"To me, men! Hack off this thing! Release me so I can in turn release my considerable powers!", she barked imperiously at everyone.

From the cavern an ancient monstrosity emerged.
It was a huge, black worm!!

As it burst from the cave, it caused chunks of rock to splinter explosively in every direction.

Aeomi gasped; It's mouth was a giant hole, circled with razor sharp teeth, and in the middle of it all: a purplish tongue, forked and flickering.

"It is a blasphemy! An accursed thing!", Vitoriel screamed. Then seconds later; "Kill it! Kill it!"

The thing inhaled deeply, then exhaled a slow stream of hellish fire; the hungry flames caressing everyone and everything, setting even the trees on fire.

Though they were protected by the mystical shields of both Aeomi and Vitoriel, the searing, ravenous flames still burnt through .

OOC: 1 point of fire damage goes through, burning everyone for 1 damage per body part (total 7 hp damage).
Mundane armor protects from this fire, though robes and the like will increase damage by 1 instead as they catch fire.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:39:21 PM by Coventinae Fate-Weaver »

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »

Time to fight fire with fire, thought Kuth as he attempted an even greater form..

Will attempt to shift forms into stonedragon,

Weight Change (+200%)    5 Manna (Earth tuned)
Major Structure Change    1 Manna
Epic Reskinning      2 Manna
Dragons Breath   4 Manna/ +2 ML

Basically the last of his manna for today..

Edit:

(08:57:27) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d100 and gets 13

A second Draconic figure appeared on the scene, as the bear shifted form once more, becoming a great, reptilian creature the color of Basalt.  His increased size pushed open the tentacles and he sprung free to face the other horror.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:02:04 AM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2014, 03:17:39 AM »
Aeomi fell to the ground, freed from her writhing shackle and Elquin took a jump back: the thing still wriggled though it was crippled by the attack. "Be safe, Master; There is no shame in fleeing if this ... Beast proves too powerful!" The flames from the Worm's maw singed Elquin and he grunted. The Ethenorden thief turned and ran to Vitoriel - even though the first tentacle was still a threat Aeomi was freed, and freeing the Masters was the highest priority! Elquin charged and swung his sword in an arc at the living cord that had captured the elf, striking once again and spraying ichor!

I'm using a phone app for my rolls at the moment, because i cant get to a computer just now. If you don't want to accept the rolls since theyre not time stamped etc, i wont be offended if you re-roll them for me :p
attack roll: 37 (against 65)
Short Sword (1d6 +1): 4 +1
Strength (1d4): 1
Dreamer blessed sword +4
Total damage: 10

I suppose Elquin's Brigandine will protect his chest from the flame damage, so 6 damage total to him i presume?
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2014, 05:27:28 AM »
Aeomi stumbled up, out of breath. She tried for a technique but failed miserably, both in channeling and hitting.

(12:18:36) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 100.
(12:18:40) Gossamer: Oh come on!
(12:18:41) Kassy: 2 by 2, hands of blue..
(12:18:45) Gossamer: A friggin hundred...
(12:18:45) Autumn: skin begins to swell and harden due tot he cold
(12:18:51) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 95.
I wouldn't blame you if you made some further mishap from that, but I might point out that I'm at half HP already

Rune continued her casting, U'kriel hacked away at anything close by and Cydia tried to heal her mistress.

Quick post, am in a hurry.

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:52 AM »
OOC:
1. Everyone: I need initiative rolls for each of you.
2. Aeomi: You caused a fluke spell effect. Please roll 1d100 and post the result to me in the OOC thread. If you wonder what I mean by that, google "The Dangerous Effects of Using Magic", and open the Strolen's sub by that very name. Afterwards you will be asked to edit the above description to include the potentially dangerous side effect.
3. Aeomi: What spell did you attempt? "The Ketange Fist of Stone?", "The Crane Style Ice Peck?", "Dragon's Rake?", "Bite of the Viper?". Which Ketange Monk Magic spell you used is important in determining what kind of fluke you get. 
4. Elquin: Brigandine usually covers right + left arm, torso and abdomen. That is 4 out of the 7 body parts. If he wears brigandine leggings that is another 2. If he wears a brigandine helmet that is another 1. So, if you wear just a brigandine torso piece of armor, that is 2 body parts (abdomen and chest). A brigandine tank top! ^^
5. Kuth: Your change of shape has a 95% chance of freeing you from the tentacle. Roll 1d100 and hope for a result between 01 and 95 :)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:31:46 AM by Coventinae Fate-Weaver »

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
Flustered but gaining focus from her anger, a now recovering Aeomi pole vaulted with her staff and launched into a crane flying quad kick against the already wounded tentacle. Rune and U'kriel whirled around casting and slashing in unison like a pair of mad dancers, Cydia did her best to heal whoever needed it.

(20:07:32) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 44.
(20:07:36) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 32.
(20:18:45) Minion: Gossamer rolls 4d6 and gets 5,4,2,3.
(20:39:10) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d4 and gets 4. (total damage, 18 )

Rune casts 3 bolts of force against the wounded tentacle (unless it died, in which case)against tentacle 2.
U'kriel slashes at the wounded tentacle (unless it died, in which case) tentacle 2, both swords.
Cydia again heals Aeomi? Unless she succeded last time in which case she'll heal whoever needs it most.