llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Coldforged - 1423] Ardenwald  (Read 17982 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Vitoriel Valthyrianё

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • There is still hope
    • Awards
Re: [Coldforged - 1423] Ardenwald
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
Vitoriel was disturbed from her musings over the hateful wench, casting the worthless shards that had been her into the winds of the netherworld.
"I do not take kindly to threats, Kuth - I believe we have established as much."

She gave him a faint smile, it flitted much like shades cast by gossamer across her face. Her features were without wrath, without malevolence, that fey distant look, infinitely patient and uncaring.

"If you so much value reason, the very reason behind which you cage the beast inside, then convince me with reason to let them go. Maester, I listen."
She bowed slightly, more of a nod, and walked amongst the unconscious villagers, studying them.
"But before you begin, I would tell you a few choice words, to set into a frame anything we do or say."

Her voice was that of a storyteller by the fireside; the weight of memory can be seen in one's eyes and heard in one's words.
"My fair Valthirion, my birthplace, haven, is still at Low War with Silmar, though its walls no longer stand. I have read that pompous declaration of war myself, and it promised in no unclear terms death upon me and all alike. Man, woman, kianna, or child. We have offered High War, a fight of single champions, to spare the lives of simple folk. It was denied. That war never ended, no accord of peace was signed. Thus, even if I were to extinguish them all, it would be slaying an enemy combatant, not murder. Both in name and in spirit, they freely identify themselves as subjects of Silmar, and carry its legacy."

She picked up a knife, a scythe, a hammer, even a broken bottle, and handed them one by one to Kuth.
"They were armed, and began the conflict - against a woman carrying no weapon, who came bearing greetings with outstretched hands, her name upon her lips."
A particularly nasty butcher's cleaver found itself in Kuth's hand, playfully placed there by the girlish elf.
"I am not you, and I am frail. This threat is sufficient to be lethal to me, in a single strike."
"I am a poor unarmed young woman, and Aeomi a venerable elder, and yet they would offer us lethal force?"
Vitoriel shook her head, in apparent disappointment at the villainy of man.

"There is no moral high ground, it is not yours, and it is not theirs. There is a war, and they chose a side. My side was forced upon me."
She smiled, and her flowery scent filled the air, as she stepped out in a pirouette.
"Would you blame a tiger for killing a man who threatened him, Beastmaster? Would you blame a river for breaking a dam laid in its course?"

At rest again, she concluded: "I care not for good or evil, Kuth. Tell me what I have to gain from their continued existence - and it better not be 'the absence of your axe in my gut', dear."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:29:35 PM by Vitoriel Valthyrianё »
You were right to fear the Elves.
But you should have feared them more.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »
"It is a testament to chains of spirit that they are only threats at this point.

When I came to the Monastary, I came as a Half-Giant. As a monster, for my fury had few reigns upon it.  Time and training have strengthened those chains, but always there is strain.  What matters of my people I have left behind. I am of the order. No more.  As you should be. 

I understand you are frail physically, as is Aeomi, and, if unaware, so am I.  We still have more options to deal with fools than simply the gift of death.  Seeking the easy path, the pragmatic path, is not something we trained so hard for.  They were cowed before you acted - the seizing of their souls was unnecessary.

It will take no genus to determine what happened here, even should not one of these live to speak against us.  It will be just more fire to add to the endless cycle of war, and could very well bring more armies upon the Monastery. 

These people are no Tigers, though they have teeth, and they are no Dam to our river. They are prostrate, captured with barely any effort on our part. Your argument is false.  Save your fury for those who know better.

Again, if you do not free them, at the very least our travels together are over. You will indeed be the Demon Lord that peasant called me.  There should be no requirement to explain why _not_ to kill, only the choice to do so. "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Aeomi Nebuchadessar

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 01:21:28 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and assume I convinced the apprentice, only because this game is moving so fast right now. I'll change the post if I failed.

"He's right Vito. How many years have I known you now?" Aeomi said as she emerged, flanked by a cowering Enthri and the village girl.
"Would you oppose your fellow maesters? Your friend? I can see no reason why and for such a great cost. I understand your concerns, but grant me at least the chance of doing this in a way that doesn't upset most of our stomachs. I would like to show you due respect in this, but understand that I can't leave this up to your whims, one way or another those souls are going to be returned."

Aeomi outstretched arm gently placed the tip of the staff to the ground, her face neutral but her gaze unyielding.

"I ask for your trust but nothing more." She added.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:38:34 PM by Aeomi Nebuchadessar »

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • There is still hope
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
"A simple argumentation, and not addressing my concern, nor my reasons."
"A simple view of a complex matter."

The connections were so easy to see - for her at least.

"Have you ever stopped to think what they would do, after Aeomi's heartfelt introduction? Though they might be cowed by your display, the very first moment of our absence, they would scream for their masters, to wreak upon us what they themselves could not."
She eyed him, curiously.
"Can you claim to change the heart of every single of these fools? You cannot, and you cannot learn whether you succeeded."

"Thus, what is opposed is not only gain from their living, but also loss - loss of secrecy, and an enemy at your back, ever growing in strength and power."
"As for the culprit of this incident being unequivocally us, a few sword strikes will blame the bandit and brigand, omnipresent in the enlightened nation of Silmar."
She shook her head.
"And as for the traces of magic - have you never learned to wipe away yours? I have learned to hide mine."

Then, Vitoriel added: "The monastery taught me to resolve issues expediently, for there always is a task ahead. By lingering on and commenting on my conduct, you actually threaten the mission, as you do by threatening to leave."
"Your choice to give up your roots was yours, and easier than mine. For incarnated in Valthirion, I have witnessed the best this wretched world can offer, and I know it can never be reborn while the folly of Silmar stands. I know my people may not live while Silmar breathes."

Her eyes were fey, lightless.
"I already am a demon in their eyes, by the very nature of my birth. How much worse can I become? Their perception of me is meaningless, especially if none live to tell. The beast in my argument is me, they have just chosen the wrong beast to hunt. Verily, the unprepared hunter alone is to blame."

Vitoriel shrugged.
"I have presented my position clearly, openly and honestly, and refuted your arguments, Kuth. What more do you have to say? I respect you enough to listen further. Do your best to save these fools, for at this moment, letting them die is far less effort than letting them live."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
"YOU are letting your personal choices interfere with the mission. My reticence on the unnecessary taking of life is a mark of sanity.

I would rather take on an entire Henjager army then allow these people to die. That would have honor.  This, this is purely the way of rat, the beast, the coward.  You are better than that.

If you don't see that, then no words of mine will convince you. "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • There is still hope
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »
"Likewise you, Aeomi - feel free to make a point, for we are creatures of reason. But please, do not continue with appeals to stomachs, for then anyone could refute anything by claiming weakness of the bowels."

Vitoriel likewise valued Aeomi's company, but appealing to friendship was a cheap shot.

"You won't let this be decided on my reason, not whim, yet I shall yield to yours?"
She sighed, actual disappointment.
"Use an equal measurement, unbiased, unemotional, and make your point why I should trust you do deal with them better than I have. Please, take your time, while I study what can be learned of them."

Offline Aeomi Nebuchadessar

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
"Reason?! There are children in this village, most of which are in your orb! I am a master of the monastery, as are you. I have in my powers a way, a possibillity to appease everyone without this turning into us murdering eachother over you acting like a pertinent child, wanting to pull wings off a fly! I had everything under control until you both started flinging your magics around! If you can't trust in me, then trust in the master trusting in my abbilities! I ask for but one chance, Vitoriel! One!"

Aeomi gripped her staff hard, there was no calmness in her now.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »
The heated discussion continued for some time as Elquin stood there. He had nothing to add to the conversation; it was what it was, and he was in no position to argue against the whims of the Masters. One thing he did learn from the conversation though, was that those within the magical well were not yet lost; that depended on the will of Vitoriel. As time drew on, a dreary fog began creeping along the scene, blanketing the town. Elquin gave a fairly rare smile at the feel of the familiar mists upon his skin, and a thought came to him,
"Respectful Masters. We can debate until the World is consumed and the Dream takes us all and still not come to a satisfactory result. May I offer a compromise?" He stepped towards Vitoriel, "As you know, we Ethenorden are attuned to the mists. They carry us, and those who we choose to where we will, so long as they are around. Spare these ignorant villagers, but not before we bind their bodies securely. I shall lead them through the mist and drop them to The Monastery, where they may be kept securely for some weeks. Once  we are returned from our mission, they may be deposited back to their town and believe what they wish. Who knows, the masters may even convince some of them that the monks are not so horrible after all! This will spare their lives, appeasing Aeomi and Kuth, but also keep them out of touch with authority. It would look better for the Monastery if we were not tagged as village-slayers and town-razers by the end of this. We would not wish to start a war."
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Coventinae Fate-Weaver

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 04:27:46 PM »
OOC: THIS GOES BEFORE SHADOWEAGLE'S POST!

In the cabin, Elquin had spotted a girl in the mirror. No, not a girl, but a young woman, perhaps 23, wearing a hide helmet of  deer skin, with antlers. She seemed to be reading at a desk, and Elquin touched the mirror; he remembered the girl as one of the girls he had played with in Mirkast while just a kid. The Antler Witch she was called, and the forest abided by her rules. Once he had played hide and seek, and instead of hiding behind the trees, the trees had hidden her. It was one of the weirdest dreamscape adventures that Elquin had ever had, but he remembered the Antler Witch well. She did not notice him, however, and she just sat there, reading.

Vitoriel had studied the souls. Each and every one of the 97 souls in her possession. There was hate in there, and fanatisiscm, and ignorance, true. But in between the darker shades of grey, she found patches of purest white; innocent souls that did not partake in the Silmarian hatred, and souls that knew magic, yet hid it from everyone, mortally afraid that they would be burnt at the stake. In the end she revealed an intricate web of interdependencies. She could snuff out a few souls, perhaps eight or so, without the web unraveling, but in the end the pure souls relied upon the tainted ones for protection, for food and for friendship. She found no easy way to snuff any of them out, for the ripple effect, the level of trauma induced on the undeserving, would be far too great for any pure soul to withstand.

So she set them free, to the relief of Kuth and Aeomi.

The day became evening and with evening a mist rolled down from the highlands. Elquin was returning into town, where Vitoriel had released the souls. Children and elders were crying, huddling in the mists, and an aura of depression, anger and fear dominated the little village. He heard the voice of Vitoriel, then the bellowing voice of Kuth and Aeomi. Apparently the masters were not agreeing to things.

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • There is still hope
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 05:07:19 PM »
Deserving or undeserving, that had never been the question - the universe did not deliver what you deserved, and neither did it spare you from what you didn't deserve.
It was a sample from a human population as any other - except for the fact that so many of them knew magic, far more than the human standard of one-in-a-hundred.

Meanwhile, Aeomi was working up a severe bout of hysteria.
Vitoriel had never taken her for so impractical, but there they were, arguing about trivialities, while there was a mission ahead. Despite their performance today, she believed they had a greater chance at success together. The world would show them its reality soon enough.
She sighed deeply.
"Alright, alright. Stop. You have convinced me."
"I have judged them and seen bright souls in their midst; such as would redeem the rest with ease. It would be a terrible waste for this world to see them died, and they have mellowed my heart."
Whatever was she supposed to do with those peasants when they were free?
She was stumped for a solution, when Elquin made his offer.

"Thank you, Elquin - this was the best idea I have heard spoken here today. Thank you again for having come along; the Master was right for having chosen you."
And off they were, the bleary-eyed villagers and their misty guide.
Who knew? Perhaps the talented villagers would stay at the monastery, and the others would know something else than Silmar?
Either that, or they were at least five weeks away. Good enough for her at this time.

Seeing the mist close behind the last peasant, she turned to the other two masters.
"Certainly, I would have preferred if you had approached the matter ahead in Elquin's fashion. I came to expect better problem-solving from my students than what was shown here today."
Then, she lightened up.
"But it's no secret that my students are the best."

She sat down to some peasant's unfinished cheese and bread - they would get better at the monastery.
"I did slightly misjudge your... preferences. Please, share with me your desired approach, so that we may avoid conflict in the future."

After she listened to their preferences, Vitoriel used an idle moment to stand next to Aeomi.
"Dearest Aeomi, if this is personal, I again apologize for handing you drink and dragging you into the revelries. I had pinned you for the religious sort."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »
And so, into the mists the Ethenorden Thief stepped, a rope train of peasants trailing behind him. It was an ethereal experience for all as the fog surrounded them, quickly becoming far denser than it should be. The sound of the Masters was quickly drowned out, as was the sight of the landscape, leaving nothing but the empty mists and the silence. Yet Elquin seemed to know exactly where he was going.
Some villagers wept. Others yelled defiance. Some just walked solemnly along, yet they all followed. To a few, it was as though they had actually died, and the mysterious mistwalker was some fey guide into the next life. It seemed a lifetime indeed passed as they traveled though the silence, yet suddenly the mist appeared to lesson; sunlight began to shine through just ahead... Their destination was close.

Hakros made his way through the white-petaled trees below Falcon's Dive within Ketange-Ishatal. The half-giant had just completed his errands for The Master and was making his way back to the Monastery to meet with her once more when between two trees a split in reality appeared to slide open. From the tear, heavy mists rolled out, quickly covering the grounds and causing the petals on the trees to droop, heavy with moisture. Within seconds, the area was heavy with fog, and from it Elquin emerged. Trailing seconds behind him was a train of roped peasants. Elquin walked up to the dumbfounded Hakros and smiled faintly, "Szhalim. I see you are keeping well, Hakros. Will you aid me? We had some difficulties on the road and need to deposit some folk here to avoid slaughter. Might you help me take these folk to the Monastery?"
Elquin knew the mists would last no more than an hour in this clime, and he wished to know the peasants were secured and The Master updated on the progress thus far before he returned.

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 04:58:54 AM »
An icy atmosphere had settled in the village, with Vitoriel and her apprentices keeping to their own, while the rest talked in incensed voices around a bonfire some thirty meters away. The village felt incredibly empty, now that everyone had been gated away, and just the abandoned corpses of two elderly ladies remained.

Evening arrived as the sun set in the west, visible over the verdant canopy of the Ardenwald. The mist drifted around in banks, and Aeomi studied one out on the fields, about to swallow an oxen that walked around aimlessly. Then it hit her. When they arrived they had seen farmers on the outlying fields. They had seen farms on the outlying fields, and the famers had seen them. And there she saw an oxen, still wearing its harness, plodding aimlessly around on field, ever closer to the village.

"Antler Witch!", it hissed. "Show yourself!"

But no answer came, and it slashed violently into a nearby giant tree with its greatsword, making it tremble visibly.

"I will find you, witch!", it hissed again and then it glided off. It was ravenous after its centuries of imprisonment. It needed to feed, and soon.

Ten minutes after it was gone, she dared breathe again. The woman known as Antler Witch was pale when she emerged from the bark of the tree the Ekauri had cut. She was bleeding profusely from the wound, but she did not dare use any healing magic. Instead she pressed a patch of moss against it, stemming the flow.

"Something has happened. Something has let the Ekauri loose!", she whispered to herself.

The Silmarite had severe trouble adjusting to it all, they screamed and cried and tried to run away from these outlandish magic using beings. In the end the Master called upon Sirli of the Enchanters Hall to calm them down, and she wove an enchantment and soon they walked around with dreamy eyes, touching the air and each other, mumbling words like: "Beautiful..." and "I love you all!".

The Master seemed visibly shaken at the mention of Astrida's death. "She was our one link to Dieter... I gave her a promise of protection... And she died by our hands...", she was stammering, obviously shaken by the loss of an ally.

When Elquin brought up the quarreling among the masters she shook her head.

"The Masters are supreme rulers of their field of expertise here at the monestary, Elquin", she said. "But when they argue, they do so loudly, and with much panache! Vitoriel is probably among the most powerful of the masters, rivaling, or at least coming close to, the might of Dieter Sachshoff, though his extreme invokations would undoubtedly have turned all of my masters to ash, should he have turned upon us"

There was a distant look in the Master's milked over eyes, as if she was remembering another time, another place.

Then Elquin revealed a surprisingly accurate sketch, of a man in full plate, with regal cape and all. The Master held it up, and studied it closely.

"This is a Hexenjaeger General, and a Royal. You have just sketched one of Silmar's infamous Paladin Princes, my good, good friend"

Then Elquin brought up the presence of the chained man in his dream, being held by a leash.

"The leashed man could be a 'sniffer'. A Silmar, or slave of another race, who has the latent talent for magic but was never trained in its use, captured and dominated through torture by Hexenjaegers, and never taught the use of magic. Beaten into submission and treated like animals, this sniffer could be used by the Hexenjaegers to sniff out magic users and hunt them down. Just my theory, Master", Elquin stated.

The Master smiled mysteriously, then clapped with enthusiasm.

"Your instincts serve you well, Elquin, for you describe a Mage Sniffer, able to hunt down and track the scent of magic and magic users for miles and miles. They are practicioners of the arcane, that the Kingdom has captured and broken."

He took a look at the tomes from the cottage along with the master. "Sachshoff's Treatise on the Fires of Cahrynae" was the first. The Master leant over it, opening its first page. The small horns in her forehead began to glow red as she did so, and she quickly shut the book close.

"Careful, Elquin. This is one of Dieter's works, and it is warded by his fire enchantments. This book must be opened by a Master, and only by a prepared master"

The next book was smaller, but with an iron cover. The Master turned it over to its first page. "The Annals of 913 - The Massacre of Thracien"

Now the Master looked troubled. "How could it be?.. How could it be?..", she said over and over again, then she moved the book to the side. She had a truly worried look now.

"This book...", she pointed to the last. "Let me see it!"

Elquin brought up a black fur book; a tome wrapped in black bear fur. The Master opened it, and warrant posters were inside.

"Wanted for crimes against humanity: Victor Haydn, Foul Consort of the Dead. 3000 Silmar Crowns. Last seen in the vicinity of the Ketange-Ishatal Monestary", she read aloud, holding up the loose warrant poster.

She dug up the next: "Wanted for witchery, sorcery and consorting with demons: Dieter Sachshoff, Arsonist and Murderer of Children, Elderly and Women! 13500 Silmar Crowns. Last seen in the vicinity of the Ketange-Ishatal Monestary"

There were six posters, even one on Vitoriel, with her portrayed as a murderous witch and promising 400 Silmar Crowns to those who would bring her to justice. The tome itself started behind the six wanted posters. It was a heavy tome, and the Master read its title aloud.

"The Evils of Sorcery: Ketange-Ishatal, a Viper's Nest secluded away in the mountains. A horror story told by a daring and patriotic infiltrator"

"Elquin... This here... Well, the tome is not penned by Astrida. I can tell you that much. But these posters, this tome... Silmar has its eyes upon us! You must find out more, but please, Elquin, caution the masters. Tell them that we must have more information!"

With an incantation a silvery mirror, much like the one Elquin had seen in the cottage, detached from the wall and flew over to where they stood. The Master held the last book in her arms, in front of the mirror.

"Hechras Miras", she said, then she spat at the book, then at the mirror. She reached into the mirror, and retrieved the mirror image of the book.

"You keep the original!", she said.

The Ethenorden realized that the Master was not thinking about him anymore, that she was lost in thought, so he returned to the bewitched villagers.

"Did Astrida have many visitors?", he asked several of them, walking dazedly in the village or among the trees on the outskirts of the walled compound.

"She had one man, many months ago. And she helped my aunt perform childbirth three weeks ago!", one young girl replied, before she traced Elquin's face with her fingers. "You look so beautiful!", she said with stars in her eyes. Then she moved on, hugging a tree.

In the end, Elquin was alone with Hakros the Spear Slayer. It was about ten minute till the rift closed.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 05:24:50 AM »
Vitoriel diligently put up the Sibylant Shield, and let the wind's gentle whispers erase the traces of magic, tiny air wisps feeding on trace spell residue, and cloaking their bands natural emanations, and whispering to all who would listen that this is a place of no relevance, and these just nondescript drifters of no concern.

Nothing to see here, move along.

It was long since she had last been in Silmar, but at that time, she had held up the spell for days on end. Luckily, the wisps were humble.

"Ronal, please carry them to that place of worship you found. I will take over when it is done. They deserve a burial in style, I would say."

Using that word, assigning an universal fate to someone or something, is so deceivingly easy.
Vitoriel hated lies, deceit and hypocrisy. But then, there were ends to be met, and possible means.
So serpentine.

She sighed.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 07:13:20 AM »
Ronal put their bodies on an abandoned cart, and within minutes he took off, soon disappearing into a floating bank of mist.

Vitoriel sat watching her bonfire, Eurydice was tossing a Silmarian Crown absent mindedly, working on mild adjustments to her telekinesis spell. So she flung the crown into the air with a flick of her thumb, and the coin was stuck mid-air, before it was forcefully pushed back into her palm. The next time it was stuck mid-air, spinning forcibly, until it became a blur. The girl had always had a certain knack for telekinesis and animating objects.

Vitoriel lifted her gaze and studied the legendary Ardenwald forest. She had even heard of it among her people, though their old lands laid on the other side of the mountains. The Realm of Dusk her great-great-grandfather had once called it. We don't enter the forest without permission, Vitoriel. No one enters the forest without permission.

Then she noticed something. A man in black plate mail, and a tattered, soiled black cape was dragging his greatsword behind him, walking briskly towards the village.

Her elven eyes made out no distinguishing features. He was tall though, nearly as tall as Kuth in his full height, and his jet black greatsword was easily three meters long. There was a determination to his gait, and he was heading in their direction.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:45:43 AM by Coventinae Fate-Weaver »

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 08:14:26 AM »
"Attention, band, your chance at heroism is at hand. I believe we may be faced with a knight in dark plate, with an endless blade, but I will try and negotiate."
And that she did, stepping out, ready to fly off at the sign of danger.

"Hail, who wanders through the coming night? Is there a way we humble travellers in your quest you assist might?"
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 08:45:13 AM »
Kuth, his attention drawn by Vitoriel's words focused on the newcomer, putting his mind to focus on the ground beneath him.  Should things go adverse, this one would regret his heavy arms.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 10:53:56 AM »
The dark plated knight halted in its tracks, then held out its left arm, pointing at Vitoriel.

"I... HUNGER!"

Its voice was booming across the village, like thunder in the lowlands. It had a rasping voice, like the grinding of stone. From the brushes a large flock of geese took flight, escaping the danger it sensed near.

"GRANT ME SACRIFICE, AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!"

Its voice was still booming. Its finger shifted focus, to Eurydice, who looked around, then behind her.

"No... No mistress... I ain't no sacrifice", the senior apprentice said, retreating a few steps.

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
Everything was silent. No one replied for a few seconds, and it looked like the black knight was growing impatient. A cord of static electricity shot from the ground, and into the jet black greatsword, where it just fizzled and died.

Aeomi noticed that all her ghosts had ceased whispering. It was as if their eternal d**ned cursing was silenced, all at once. They are afraid, Aeomi realized. They are afraid of him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:12:18 PM by Coventinae Fate-Weaver »

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 04:22:50 PM »
"What kind of sacrifice?" Vitoriel asked dispassionately. "It would be helped if you spoke your mind."
She plucked a few roses, bearing a few sparkle in the enchanted night, and scattered the petals across the knight.

"The first rose I smelled this year I give to you, and would you give me your name in return, so that I know to whom to send my midnight's sigh as offer, to whom to grant the sacrificial offering?"

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
As Vitoriel spread the petals into the winds, they blew towards the knight. He shimmered for an instant, then he reappeared beside Eurydice, his blade at her throat.

"SACRIFICE HER TO ME! BEG ME, ON YOUR KNEES, TO SPARE YOU, AND DEVOUR HER SOUL WHILE YOU WATCH!"

Eurydice screamed and erected a force field. It shimmered for a short while, brimming with potence and power, then the knight touched it with his blade, and the force field popped, like a bubble of soap.

Eurydice started running, and the black knight tilted his head, looking at Kuth instead of Vitoriel.

"WILL YOU OFFER ME SACRIFICE?"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 07:37:19 PM »
His queries answered and the prisoners secured, Elquin bade farewell to Hakros and returned to the trees beneath Falcon Dive. Into the Mists he stepped once more; and just in time, for they were beginning to falter in the radiant sunlight. Soon, the white petaled trees were out of sight and nothing but fog enveloped him. The walk back seemed to take ages, as always, but time was not an exact thing when traveling in this manner, Elquin had found. Finally, the mist began to fade once more as light pierced through. Up ahead, Elquin could hear commotion...

not sure at what point Elquin will return, so please write him in at the correct time :p

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »
Ronal had enough. With a furious war cry he charged the black knight, his longsword a silvery blur. With tremendous force it slashed into the breastplate and scrapes along its surface, forcing the black knight a step back.

Meanwhile Eurydice had turned around, finally getting her act together. With a curse on her lips, she began an incantation, and a second later a bolt of force slammed into the knight. But there was another popping sound, and the spell fizzled out and died.

"Thou shalt not escape the might of the Elvyn race!", Vitoriel shouted pompously, an arrogant sneer on her face. Suddenly the grass around the Ekauri caught fire, but as the mighty flames touched the knights leggings the flames withered and died, with a protesting sputter.

The Ekauri bellowed mightly, and his greatsword was spun in a might arc in Ronal's direction

OOC: We need Aeomi and Kuth's attacks before we can determine if it cuts Ronal's arm off and kills him

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
Kuth hurled a brick-like stone at the knight but it fell short, punching a hole in the charred grass.

Enthri and Caldu fired arrows, with the last one fired by Caldu punching into the knight's thigh 11 points, 3 points real damage!.

Kuth was shifting form, dropping to all fours and becoming even larger than his already massive form. His skin began taking a truly stone-like colour and a great, sabre-like horn began to form on his face.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:09 AM »
Traveling the mists, the Ethenorden rogue saw light in the distance. He felt the currents of the rift twist and bend, like an ancient wyrm awakening from slumber. Suddenly there was a slight tremor, and Elquin lost his balance for a second and had to support the weight of his torso as his left palm touched the ethereal floor of the rift vortex.

"Phaedroso!", a woman called out from somewhere near.
Elquin felt a memory stir.

"Pheadroso!", the voice was nearer. The Ethenorden drew a deep breath. The exit was just ahead, but that voice, that name, they stirred long forgotten memories.

"Phaedroso!", she called and little Elquin looked out from behind his hiding tree. "Yes, Aurea? What is it?", his boyish voice replied. He looked upon a young girl, no more than 11 years old with dusky skin, green eyes and black, long hair.
Somehow Elquin felt like he had known her forever.

"There you are, Phaedroso! I have been looking for you forever! Mommy called. She wants us home. Dinner is served. It is lentil soup!", she said, joy evident in her voice.

Yes, Elquin remembered Phaedroso, and he remembered Aurea, the daughter of Antler Witch. How could he ever have forgotten her?
The love of his life.

"Phaedroso! There you are! I have been looking for you forever!"

Aurea stood there, partially hidden by the mists, and she held an outstretched hand.

"Come, mommy wants us home. Dinner is served!", she said and she waved her outstretched hand impatiently, signalling Elquin to hold it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:34:40 AM by Coventinae Fate-Weaver »

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 06:09:14 AM »
Aeomi simply got up and walked away, she had nothing to say to the elf, but she had plenty to say to the master once they met again.
She felt a mixture of shame, anger and relief. It had been her mess, but she had been refused to make amends, while the villagers had mostly been spared, some had perished needlessly. And for what? No doubt the farmers would scatter and spread the word to every stronghold in Silmar.
Several lifetimes she had lived, and while Silmar hadn't always been as bad as this, certainly not the last time she had visited, she had heard the rumours. Greta was a complication, a threat that occupied much of her mind these days, but that too was no excuse. She expected better of herself.
She started to doubt herself, if her mind was failing already then she would be of no use on this excursion.
She vowed she would not be a burden again, lest she'd return to the monastery and leave the quest to the youngsters.

As the elf piffled, Aeomi discreetly drew a warding circle around herself and prepared for the inevitable, she nodded at her apprentices.
Suddenly the others flew into action, Aeomi turned her staff towards the armor, lifted it with her mind and slammed it to the ground before it could retaliate against Ronal.

(12:17:09) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 61. I dunno if I need an attack roll to use the staff but...

(12:35:43) Minion: Gossamer rolls 2d6 and gets 5,5. For damage from the staff. 10 -8 = 2 total damage.

(12:32:31) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 34. Made a new lore roll because I forgot the last one when I lost that post, and this time I passed.

'Rune', Aeomi's first apprentice stepped up, stared at the armor with her unsettling eyes and cast a holding spell to keep it down, several blades of light struck the ground, pinning the armor down, then she pulled on the gauze wrapped around the bundle on her back and turned around, revealing a demon like creature, a ugeroth strapped onto her back. U'kriel, Aeomi's less than conventional apprentice, especially since he lacked legs. The ugeroth drew his twin blades and stabbed them downwards towards the fallen armor. Cydia, the last and least capable of the apprentices stood back, fighting was not her forté.

(14:00:10) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 86. (Rune)

(14:00:25) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 19.
(18:47:19) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 22. (U'Kriel) Damage:
(13:56:44) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d6 and gets 4. +2
(13:57:03) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d6 and gets 4. +2
+1d10 per attack:
(18:52:00) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d10 and gets 7.
(18:52:03) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d10 and gets 10.
(12+17=29 -16 for armor (two attacks) = 13 total damage )
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:58:04 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4