llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I need ideas for 30 Gifts FOR a Dragon  (Read 2888 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
I need ideas for 30 Gifts FOR a Dragon
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:41:21 PM »
Here is what I have so far.

1-Persuading a dragon of the opposite sex to couple up with the dragon
2-Thousands of gold pieces
3-Alcohol
4-[The Black Spear] as the dragon would not want such a weapon to be in human hands
5-A pet dinosaur
6-A famous human bard to sing for it
7-A story
8-An egg from another dragon

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
Re: I need ideas for 30 Gifts FOR a Dragon
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 02:17:25 PM »
9-A new joke. Dragons actually love to laugh, but when you're a thousand years old, you've pretty much heard them all.
10-A Tagma Drakontas monk to bond to
11-Dragon-sized jewelry. Most dragons are either not deft enough to craft jewelry, or too haughty to stoop to such a menial task. And though they love gold and jewels, it's hard to find anything that would fit a dragon.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • ABWB: Always Be World building
  • Awards Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »
12-Swallows roasted in Lotus flower. Swallows roasted in Lotus flower is a favorite dish of all water dragons, and dragon spirits, but it a is difficult dish to prepare properly. Bland bird leave the dragons angry, and while over cooking the Lotus removes it taste undercooked swallow can make Dragons irritable.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »
13) An illuminated bestiary:  High comedy among the tower toppling, princess munching and knight roasting family of dragons.  The Dragons can never have enough of these delicately crafted books, because one good snort of laughter and the book is left a pile of ash.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
14)  Typist or Scribe:  It has always bothered the dragons that Fu Shi did not understand their gift.  The dragons presented man kind with the elements of writing not so Dragons could read the diluted and sappy ideas of humans, but so that the humans would stop forgeting or confusing the words of the dragons.  As far a the dragons are concerned it is the responsibility of humanity to record the many thoughts and opinions dictated by dragons.

15) Breathe Mints: Sometimes the trick to gift giving is not what to get, but how to present that gift tactfully and respectfully.   

16) Flame resistant coin wrappers

Offline Cheka Man

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »
16-Dragon backscratcher
17-Sleep spell that works on uninvited humans who enter their cave uninvited
18-book with heroic dragon
19-shadow puppet play with heroic dragon (axlerowe's seedling)
20-Toothbrush (big one)
21-formal land deed
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:04:17 PM by Cheka Man »

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 06:46:32 AM »
22) A human (or humanish) bride/husband that does not know he/she is a dragon.  The PCs may convince the Dragon to spend a lifetime as a human and spare the country side from the dragon's wraith (or leave the Horde less defended) by getting the dragon to live as a human spouse.  The PCs will have to bring with them eloquent tales and elegant depictions of the intended and then oversee the introductions and marriage of the true-human to the human form dragon. 

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
23) Fireworks:  It is commonly believed that fireworks and red paper terrify and repel the man eating Dragons that come to mortal plane every New Year.  But this is a misinterpretation, these celestial dragons are immortal and for them dining is only a luxury.  The fireworks actually satiate the dragon hunger.  The loud noise and bright explosion calm the primal needs of these Celestial Dragons.   Even when eating humans it is screams and the bright burning flesh that they enjoy most. 

Offline Tiannaki

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 08:51:35 AM »
24) Artificial life/ intelligence: dragons and all traditions love beautiful things, intelligence, magic and of course power equally. So in a logical assumption a precious Thing that is magical or magical caused to have any kind of intelligence and generally is a symbol of power or holds power that would probably convince a dragon to at least tolerate you. As example an enchanted sword embed with runes to awaken a spirit inside and then a masters work to give it a mind or even trapping something's mind in it. It's pretty flexible as an idea you. Could also use the same idea to trick the dragon equally as well if your creative.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 09:14:55 PM »
25) The single most valuable/important/powerful item in your possession. (The dragon will know!)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline PoisonAlchemist

• Apprentice
  • Chinchilla
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2011 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
26. An all expenses paid-vacation complete with a tour guide (that's you! And you'd better be good!) When you live as long as Dragons and hoard vast quantities of wealth life experiences become the de-facto way of one-upping other dragons. ("What? You haven't learned to pick locks yet? *scoff* Everyone over 1,000 knows how to do that.") What this vacation entails could be teaching or training them a new skill, or taking them to a place they have never been.
Level 0
STR: 0 | END: 0 | CON: 0 | DEX: 0 | CHA: 0 | INT: 0
I want for nothing.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
A coupon for a free cave cleaning?

27. Information about a rival's stash of gold, weakness or location.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.