llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Mash up Game !  (Read 1185 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Songtress

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Mash up Game !
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:51:07 PM »
So I am planning out a Fate Core game, and  right now, I've hit upon this ( taken from another peice I wrote about on my G+):

From Pern I am drawing on the  Psi-bonds (and potentially other  lite psi power) equivalents, so a sort of 'Renaissance -esque fantasy world).

Then drawing from Dinotopia: So having the PC's be  perhaps people a  plane wrecked /transported across dismensions/worlds ect... have them find a  world that welcomes them and tries to bring them into the fold.

So I am mostly starting out from small base camp they'd have set up and they've managed to find a city.. big and bright.. and colorful...

The 'issues So far are:
"Strangers in a Strange Land"
" There are... Intelligent!" ( In reference to the Intelligent bond-able beings- who are fully Sentient & sapient)

Trying to figure out how to bring  some factions and beliefs to the world- but I wanna leave much of it up to the players.
 i don't want to write the whole world for them (its no fun.)

So I am very much torn between the all te characters doing collectively having  these "Themes:
Journey of Discovery (of themselves and their new world), ultimately being
 "Reborn" into their new Worl, and becoming denizens of it and taking their places. and then setting off on a
 'Quest' and that resolution.  ( Basically trying to encompass the three Dinotopia book different flavors while transposiing them over something slightly less. Idyllic)?

So I know I want to give some 'boxes' for things, from Dinotopia & Pern I want the 'bonding creatures' to be unique and capable, but (unlike Pern, and more like Dinotopia- they need to be fully independant from their human counter parts beings in their own right. ( On Pern dragons are not, they literally were designed to need humans to LIVE (upon hatching if it doesn't find a suitable human lifemate it dies.)

I am viewing the world that the people come into a : 'Fantasy world' - so colors and outfits can range and no one blinks an eyelash at things that might be anachronistic from one 'era' to another.

I know I also deliberately have less-pleasant things going on.

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Golden Creator Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Mash up Game !
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »
I'm not familiar with Dinotopia, but the setting sounds like fun.

What do you need help with? Figuring out what direction to take it in?
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Songtress

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Re: Mash up Game !
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »
Oh Gosh, Dintopia ia Gogrgeous set of picture books set in roughtly the late 1700s abotu a father & Son who are shipwrecked on the Isle of Dinotopia,   ( A land where dinosuars and humans live in partnership and peace.

Its mostly just how not to bungle it. I also just don't have any players,- because I am nervouse about running a game.