llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: All You Need Is Kill  (Read 30419 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: All You Need Is Kill
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »
Eddy looked at Wingman, almost fondly.  A sad smile on his face.

"I seem to remember threats of much worse from those we called 'friends,' Wingman.  We are all brought together for a reason. Who are we to question God's choice.

Look, even the She Golem is coming over.  I do hope she's in one of her better moods.

Could you pass me the phone, I'd like to talk with The Bouncer."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
To Karl, "Yeah, you can count on my assistance", Artie said somewhat subdued. "I'm just saying we're like 5 minutes from a boat *you* guys called me to get. Plus I'm serious, I don't fly. You remember that old show? I'm like that Mr. T...hey, what if me and Eddy go by boat, while you 3 fly around?"

To Eddy, "Umm sure, here you go" he handed Eddie the mobile, "Bouncer never liked you much, don't forget. And he doesn't sound happy. In fact I don't understand much of what he's saying...just sayin" he added as a warning.

The Bouncer was still talking when Eddy held the phone to his ear. Well maybe not talking. More like garbled growling. He sounded like a guy who had been recently stabbed in the throat and had a bit of skull blown off. Go figure.

"Arrthy, y-y-you heerth, fukethshft ki-ill bbaaah"

"Shiit" Eddy said. "Yep, that's She-Golem." He gave a low whistle as he spied the figure bending the iron bars.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:23:50 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:21 PM »
"The good part of me died alongside my girlfriend when Russian Mafia goons set her on fire in front of me, the part of me that's left is just balancing the scales until I get around to joining her." She said quietly to Wingman. It wasn't quite that cut and dry, but she didn't feel like getting into specifics, not now in the middle of a contract, likely not ever with this bunch; not while sober anyway.

She felt a twinge of icy regret at hearing Artie mention The Bouncers name, amazed he was able to speak after what Eddy and her had put him through, realizing quickly it was her own fault for leaving that contract half canceled. It was something she would have to ear mark for future correction after Insano and Cello were permanently canceled and Karl's daughter rescued or avenged.

"We can take the chopper in low over the water, that way we avoid a high profile and it'll be just like you're in a boat Wingman." Except for that pop up and crazy flying at the end, but no need to worry the guy about such minor details, that'd sort itself out when the time came. The sight of She Golem drew her attention, the memory of numerous Made men in the sights of her rifle, and more recently the sights of a pistol coming to mind.

"Everyone out of the car now." Kate's voice held a calm urgency, the sight of She Golem yanking on the bars reminding her clearly of the numerous Jewish Mafia leaders she'd canceled over the years, and the realization She Golem could well have her designated as one of numerous kill on sight targets.

"Organized crime and me don't get along, and she may be their tool to settle old scores." She offered by way of explanation, carefully exiting the vehicle and taking up a more maneuverable location several feet away. Hopefully she was wrong, and the Golem was on orders to cancel Insano, but if not at least out here she could avoid any attempts to play twister with it, and have a clear line of fire.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:47:53 PM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Dan Donovan

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • Bloodhound
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2014, 04:44:15 AM »
Dan's nostrils were suddenly filled with information. It was a weird sort of high, a sudden intensity of odors. He blinked in surprise. "d**n, man," he said to Artie, "you weren't kiddin'."

"I'm not picking up on anyone being in there, but there are some dogs around here. Could be strays, could be guards." He rubbed his nose, trying to get the intensity of the scents out. "Something dead, too, I think. Not, like, rotting dead, but..." He tried to find the words without sounding crazy. "Something died here, and it ain't happy. Don't ask me what that means, but that's what I'm pickin' up."

"Did you say 'get out?'" Dan asked incredulously. "Sh*t, girl, drive us outta here!"

Offline Eddy Stringer

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
"Hello Bouncer - sorry to hear about your recent injury.  I'm sure it was a case of mistaken identity. 
Yeah, well, I have it on good info that those bastards would be at the Carcosa prison.

No s**t, right?  Bring friends, I hear it will be quite the party.."

He terminated the call and passed wingman the burner phone instead. They were similar enough Wingman would really need to check to see. Eddy prayed this would hold true.

Wingman's phone found its way to the car floor, followed by a slow crushing foot.

The more the merrier...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:26:30 AM by Eddy Stringer »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:23 AM »
Karl stroked his rifle, his eyes a million miles away. 24 minutes til helo, if Teddy could be trusted with timing. From past experience, Karl knew that the eager FBI'er could be.

Eddy played hide the salami, or rather, the shell game, with Artie's phone. Artie didn't notice. He was staring at Kate and the nearby She-Golem. "Careful young lady, careful!"

"Sh*t, girl, drive us outta here!"
Dan's request fell on deaf ears, as Kate exited the vehicle, and picked a spot with a clear shot at the trenchcoat-and-fedora wearing figure. Eight feet tall if an inch.

Avoid Twister.

Alas, Twister was not on the She-Golem's mind. She stepped through the opening in the iron wrought fence, she herself made seconds ago, and turned slowly to look at Kate. Her face was partially covered by the huge, drooping hat. The visible part was disturbing. Pale, not flesh, not stone, something in-between. Tiny spider-webbing cracks across the jawline. Bits of skin were missing. The She-Golem tilted her head up, and now Kate could see two dark, empty eye sockets where eyes would normally be.

The She-Golem then turned and walked quickly, with large strides, away from the Estate. Heading toward the water, along the same road the car was parked.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

"Bob, can we get him on the phone?"
"I suppose so, Mr. President, but--"
"Make it happen, Bob. The world is watching. I don't want the last thing on my slate being, "600 dead."
"Yes, Mr. President. We should wait to see what the helos report before---"
"Get that sick bastard on the phone NOW!"
"Yes, Mr. President."
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2014, 11:09:40 AM »
Kate responded to Dan's urging with a quick shake of her head, "Run now and that thing could show up at an inopportune moment to snap my spine, better to fight on my terms that its." She drew her Glock 18 and held it low to her side, she wasn't about to fire without cause, no sense wasting ammo and provoking a firefight in this neighborhood.

She could barely make out the conversation inside the car, whatever it was, it didn't sound to particularly emotional, and if it mattered one of the two chatter boxes would no doubt fill her in momentarily, assuming She-Golem didn't interrupt with a physical conversation of it's own.

She let out a slow breath of relief as it turned to lumber into the distance, privately wondering if she should have packed a grenade launcher for this job. "For a lesbian icon you got a lot to learn about feminine attraction and grace." She said quietly to the creatures retreating form, confident it was no more intelligent that any military drone she cared to name.

She holstered the Glock with practiced ease, careful not to snag the silencer on her skirt as she climbed back inside her car. "Now we know Golem's not interested in me, or anyone else here." She mentally checked the She-Golem off her list of problems for now, moving it to the "pending" category next to The Bouncer, problems for another place and another time. "So we hanging here on the street corner or meeting the chopper elsewhere?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:16:30 AM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Karl Hathaway

• We deal in lead, friend.
  • Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »
Karl did get out of the the car when Kate said, rifle slung, Colt holstered, but his stance ready, just in case. But he wouldn't draw until he knew for certain. He watched as the giant turn and headed away, staring in something akin to wonder at the behemoth.

At Kate's question, Karl shakes his head to clear it, and looks over at her. "Ted's got my co-ords, helo's on the way. He said thirty, I said fifteen, figure it'll be twenty."

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
Artie picked this particular moment to wax philosophical...

"Have you considered, Mr. Jarhead, that maybe Insano can blast birds out of the sky? Who would expect a 35' boat though? We can pull up nice and quiet like..."
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »
Karl shakes his head. Don't no-one listen any more?

"Hence my plan to lay off high, at range, and pick off his defenses. If you're as hot s**t as you say in the helpin' department, then with Kate spottin, Linh in my hands, an' you just sittin' there, I'll be able to pick off targets from a pretty decent range... say four, four and a half miles."

Right. Karl just shoots.

"Still wish I had something heavy for this. Weren't figurin' on goin' to a prison."

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2014, 11:34:13 AM »
"Ever seen what happened to most of the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy in boats?" She shot Artie a questioning glance, wondering if she'd have to tranquilize him to get him on the bird, then wondering if his ability worked if he was unconscious.

"Say Karl, does your ability work on vehicle mounted weapons? Say on one of those mini guns they like to mount in the doors of Blackhawks?" She was well aware of her earlier warning of collateral damage, but if the enemy decided to cluster together, or open fire from a guard tower chances of innocent bystanders being hit were  much lower. With tolerance levels she believed the military called it.

She also gave him a small nod of respect and smile of appreciation, he'd exited the vehicle to stand with her against potential danger, that counted for a lot in her book, trick was letting him know it mattered without coming across as some teenage greenhorn with daddy issues.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:38:55 AM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Eddy Stringer

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:14 PM »
Somewhat claustrophobic after sitting in the car so long, Eddy stepped out and headed for the house. He was wondering what the She-Golem had been up to.

He easily fit between the bent bars and headed in.  The She-golems path was easy to see, she had made no attempt at stealth.

It was then he heard the guard dogs approaching.  He did not get along well with dogs.

Crap, he thought. 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:35:28 PM by Eddy Stringer »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »
Weird seeing healthy looking (and mean) dobermans patrolling an abandoned estate. Someone or something, must still be feeding them. Luckily for Eddy, he had a bit of a head start and managed to run inside the house (the door wasn't even locked) before 4 sleek guard dogs surrounded the porch and began barking...

Getting back out would be tougher.

It was a step back in time. The mansion was decorated in a minimalist mid-90's style, with only an occasional flourish, evoking the 80's. Guest hall, library, dining room, that looked like no one had ever actually eaten there...

The second floor had the bedrooms and lush carpets lining the halls, silencing his steps.

First bedroom empty, the master suite. Second guest bedroom empty. Third opened up to what looked like... a nursery?

The room was eerie. Untouched and covered in layers of silent dust. Eddy stood transfixed for a few seconds. He could swear he could hear...what the @!#$ was that? Some distant crying? @!#$ it, this room was too spooky.

The study was next. Regal. Befitting a world-class scientist. Eddy spotted something in the blackened fireplace. It looked like an old fashioned tape recorder. There was a tape inside.

Next. Basement. Wine cellar! Oh ho! Still stocked with rare vintages and perfectly chilled.

Some rooms with doors that wouldn't open. Something on the floor...another tape? Guess it would fit the tape recorder.

In short order, Eddy managed to find a few more tapes...as he explored and rummaged. Not much else really. What the hell did the She-Golem want in here? Strange. He was deciding what to do next, when he heard...

http://soundbible.com/323-Military-Helicopter.html
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:56:29 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »
Karl looked up. Black Comanche. Teddy Best was right on time. 22 minutes. He split the difference.

The intimidating bird landed on the actual lawn of the Wernstrom estate.

Out stepped Teddy Best. Early forties, ginger hair, large friendly eyes. Suit.

The dobermans weren't around. Probably spooked by the latest intruder. A @!#$ing helicopter!

He waved over to the Cuda'.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »
Kate watched Eddy's retreating form with mild interest, guessing he wanted or perhaps needed some alone time given he didn't wait, or ask for any accompaniment. She idly passed the time by turning on the classic rock station and doing a discreet internet search for the prisons floorplans, no harm in knowing the lay of the land, besides down time was time to think, time to remember, and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

"By the way Dan, I got a spare armored vest in the trunk if you need it, probably an assault rifle too now that I think about it." She busied herself trying to acquire the prison blueprints, keep an ear out for the distinctive ripping sound of the Calico from inside the mansion, quietly relived at the sound of silence.

The choppers arrival matched the click of her phone to the off position, time to earn her paycheck. "Um is Eddy coming, or do we need to go fetch him?" The question was all but tore apart in the rotor wash, bits of litter and loose snow forming a mini maelstrom around them.

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:38 PM »
Karl looks over at Kate when she asks about the minigun.

"Used one. Didn't like it. Ain't sure I can get it dialed in right. Never tried. I know when I shoot the colt from the hip it don't work." Karl shrugs. "Never had much use for 'em, but I s'pose it's worth a shot if we need suppression. If Ted even brings us one."

When the helo arrives, Karl watches the Comanche land. When Ted gets out, he nods at the younger man. Not a bad kid. He and Karl helped each other out a couple of years back, and ever since Karl has been a bit less annoyed at Ted than he gets with other people.

'Course, if Karl's suspicions about Ted are correct, that won't last.

Karl heads for the helo, taking a moment to grab Mike&TheMechanics there and pull him towards the door. The man mentioned BA Baracus earlier. But BA Baracus is a lot hard to sling over your shoulder.

"C'mon, Wingnut. Time to hunt."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:37:23 PM by Karl Hathaway »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »
THEN

Eddy hit play on the tape recorder somewhere in the bowels of the Wernstrom house and stood there listening to the scratchy recordings...

"*click* Doctor Alan Wernstrom. I'm currently standing in the basement of my new...place of residence. Just moved in yesterday, me and Karen. She picked the house, I thought it was a bit on the colorful side, but as long as she's happy. It's a really good neighborhood, the richest in all of the United States apparently. So yeah...I've....I've made it! Hahaha. I can't wait to get started really, with the new grant I'll finally be able to...to...a.....to make my mark as it were. Talk more later. *click* *click* Oh yeah and pick up milk, bread, eggs, twelve of them and... Oh yes, baking soda. *click* *click* Reminder, Karen wanted me to tape Desperate Housewives. *click*"

"*click* The uh...The doctor's...news...I...Yesterday I woke up and...and I couldn't move my legs. I still can't move my legs... The test results...came back...And I......*click* *click* And I have cancer.........Multiple tumours...all...everywhere. *click* *click* All....throughout my body...Some of which the doctor believes has...Targeted the muscles in my legs. And....Andandand...it's...it's in my brain....It's in my brain....*click* *click* I believe the serum...to be the cause...There just isn't any other...explanation. This....this isn't fair.....THIS ISN'T FAIR! *click* *click* .......... *click*"

"*click* Me again. The uh...Karen's insemination proved unsuccessful...Again... We've been trying so hard for so long now... I can see the disapointment in her eyes, she says she doesn't blame me for it, but...*click* *click* I've been telling her it's a bad idea but she still insists on going through with it...That she wants to...Keep a part of me when I'm gone...I....Hah...........I'll never be able to see the child grow up but I....She's stuck by me throughout, I cannot refuse her in this, but I fear that I won't be able to....That it won't work. *click* *click* Ahrm, Frank invited us to a barbecue...I...I don't feel like going and...My chair doesn't fit through his...door...You know, why does he even live here? He's a football coach for heaven's sake! I-I-I mean when you...you move to this kind of neighborhood, one would be... excused to expect certain...standards. I...No...*click*"

"*click* Karen came home late last night...again. *click*"

"*click* Karen found some of my tapes, we had a big fight. She's over at Frank's again. *click*"

"*click* Oh god!....Oh god! Karen's been shot! I-I-I...had to...it wasn't, HOW COULD HE DO THAT?! I NEVER MEANT FOR THIS! I managed to...I managed...she's....she's stable...for now, I think...She's so cold, oh god she's so cold...so very cold. But I can't....I can't take her to a hospital...I can't....*click* *click* She doesn't respond, it's been hours. *click* *click* That serpent....Came into my paradise....If it wasn't for him....*click* *click* Doctor Alan....*click* *click* I haven't slept for days... I thought I heard her whisper, she told me she was sorry...I'm sorry too. *click* *click* They hear me...They're listening. Don't make a sound. *click*"

"*click* The subject...Karen isn't responding to the treatment, I've managed to stabilize her vitals but bedsores and further necrosis is becoming more and more prevalent, as of right now she isn't able to breathe on her own. An advanced si vales valeo transfer would be the only feasible choice at this point, but finding willing subjects...Or.. unwilling... *click* *click* In any case could such a treatment work on the soul? ...Is Karen still there somewhere inside that cold flesh or am I working this hard to preserve a corpse? ...HahahahaHAHAHAHAHA...Aren't we all? A corpse working on a corpse.*click* *click* Doctor Alan Wernstrom.... *click*"

"*click* Doctor Alan Wernstrom. The serum was a success! My muscle mass has increased exponentially. And today I even managed to lift off the ground ever so slightly! Flight! Human, self-propelled flight! In this I have surpassed my humanity, I...I have started a chapter, a whole new chapter in human evolution! Nay, above humans, the next logical step of...of...evolution! Nietzsche's...what was the word...Blast, well I'll think of it later. Today began my legacy, a new breed of super humans...But of course it will require more extensive testing, for now I will keep my findings a secret. But soon, soon! The world will know the name of Doctor Alan Wernstrom, beneficiary...No, father of us...all, the new era? Hmm, hahahaha, getting a little carried away, but this is very exciting after all. Finally a breakthrough! *click*"

NOW

The sound of the helicopter broke Eddy out of his trance. Time to go. He exited the house to find a roaring black comanche sitting on the lawn.

"Huh? No @!#$ing way, old timer, I ain't going in there. s**t, I'll swim if I have to. There is NO way you are getting me inside that bird..." Artie was palpitating.

"Karl! Do you know what I had to do to get this baby airborne for you? Let's just say a lot!" Teddy approached to shake Karl's hand. "Who are these people? And what exactly is your plan, OneShot? Two of the four recon helos they sent were shot down, and two got the hell out of there without learning anything. The whole @!#$ing island is on lockdown by a maniac, Karl. You sure, you can shoot your way through this one, old pal? Oh, here, by the way", he added handing Karl some files. "Carcosa's layout and schematics. Hope this helps. Oh and someone give me the car keys for that sweet looking Cuda, I ain't coming with..."

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:41:35 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »
Karl is NOT in the @!#$ing mood.

"Listen, Art. I know you're scared. I understand. Thing you gotta decide is, are you more scared that this thing might crash into the water with you in it... or more scared of being hogtied when it happens?"

Karl looks at Ted.

"No other option, Ted. Katie's in there. I need range and altitude. Just make sure the pilot knows when to hold 'er steady and when NOT to hold 'er steady, and we'll be fine."

He looks at Kate, and her d**n fine automobile. Then back at Ted. "Somethin' tells me Quicksilver Kate ain't partin' with her keys that easy, Ted. Maybe you better hitch a ride with us. It'll be just like last time."

Last time. Karl seems to have forgotten they both nearly died last time. The closer he gets, the more focused he's becoming on what's next.

Karl looks up at the still-dark February sky. He nods, looking younger than ever. Looking... god help him... looking forward to the fight.

"It's a good day to die. C'mon."

He heads for the helo, still hauling Art.

Offline Eddy Stringer

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:26 PM »
Eddy walked quickly out of the house to the chopper.  He took the tape recorder with him.  They would not believe it if Eddy told them.  Hopefully the tape-recorder took batteries.

He stepped into the chopper, ducking lower then needed.

"Karl. You need to hear this..." and he handed him the tape recorder.  "Serious weird s**t going down."

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:21:48 PM by Eddy Stringer »

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
Assuming Karl can do so while holding on to Art, Karl does indeed listen to the tapes. If he needs to, he'll choke Art out and sit on his legs while listening and reviewing the intel Ted gave him. On the helo.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:23:39 PM by Karl Hathaway »

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »
Kate gave Teddy an incredulous look as he casually demanded her ride, resisting the urge to respond a with a few well chosen expletives about his manners and upbringing, but realized it wouldn't do anything besides piss the guy off and further delay their departure. "Take a cab for all I care, you're not woman enough to handle my baby." She gave him an icy stare and held it all of three seconds, long enough to make her point she hoped. Typical arrogant political suit, think they own everything they lay their eyes on.

She reached into an inner jacket pocket and passed Karl a set of police handcuffs, "Use these, it'll make him easier to control." With a casual gesture she slung her rifle over one shoulder and pulled on the shooters glasses, feeling the weight of additional magazines pulling heavily at the lining of her jacket.

She wondered briefly what was on the tapes they needed to hear so urgently, knowing full well Eddy would tell them soon enough, he didn't seem like the kinda guy who kept things of interest to himself longer then necessary. "Don't keep us in suspense Ed, what was on the tapes? No way we're going to make out a cassette player on this bird with Arty screaming bloody murder the entire way."

Kate paused and leaned closer to Karl, raising her voice over the helicopters engine. "I got some duct tape in the trunk of the Cuda if you think it'll help with the noise level?"

Offline Eddy Stringer

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2014, 01:52:49 PM »
"You won't believe me,  Seriously.  But, the Doctor can fly as best as I can tell. And," he paused, "Does anyone call Katie Karen?  I think she's Insano's wife.  There is worse, and I'd prefer you heard it from the tape."

The Doctor was playing God.  That had to stop.   His purpose for once was now crystal clear.

"The Doctor must be stopped."

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:16:42 PM by Eddy Stringer »

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2014, 02:10:37 PM »
Karl smiles at Kate's outburst. More and more she reminds him of-- no. Don't go there, Karl.

But Ted probably catches something of Karl... appreciation for Kate's attitude when Karl says, "Told ya."

To Kate, Karl says, "Thanks. Yeah. Some tape... just in case." He levers around Art and shows him the cuffs. "I sure do apologize for this. But I need you to cowboy up and get on the helo, now."

Karl looks at Eddy. "What?" His tone is a mix of surprise, disbelief, and denial. "She can't be... I'd have intel on that, wouldn't I?" He takes the tapes and tries to listen to 'em.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:34:13 PM by Karl Hathaway »

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Kate gave Karl a serious look, making sure to maintain eye contact while she spoke. "If it comes down to hard choices I've got your back, whatever you decide needs to be done, or not done, to set things right with you and her." Taking out blood or letting them walk free to commit untold atrocities was perhaps the hardest thing someone could be asked to do, the best she could offer was to support the guys decision and let him know he wouldn't have to deal with her taking action in such a scenario without his consent.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:57:27 PM by Kate Hammerhill »