llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: All You Need Is Kill  (Read 10565 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Karl Hathaway

• We deal in lead, friend.
  • Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Re: All You Need Is Kill
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2014, 05:52:45 PM »
It weren't that Karl didn't notice the feller having the fit. But he figured if it were important his friend would do something. Now, waiting, Karl's eyes move around the restaurant, continually monitoring the exits, the corners, the other diners. His eyes slide past, then return to the pretty young woman. He stares for a moment.

It ain't that she's pretty. She sure as hell is, an exotic beauty that would once have turned more than Karl's head. Karl's long past such concerns now. His body's fit, but his head... that ain't been right since Linh.

Karl's gut gives him a twinge. Forty five godd**n years. The old scar, the wound long healed on his body, but still raw in his head. Killin' the woman you're kinda sweet on 'cuz she tried to kill you will do that to a man.

And now... this woman's eyes. Karl can't help staring into her eyes. Then he blinks and looks away. If she noticed, she probably thinks he's some dirty old feller. But he weren't looking at her. Weren't seeing her. In that moment Karl was looking into Linh's eyes. Katie's eyes. Ghosts. In that moment, Karl looks nearly his real age, a tired, broken, used-up old man. But the moment passes and he's back to lookin' fifty-ish. Trick of the light.

Lost in his own memories, Karl almost fails to notice the waiter passing the woman a note. Prolly his phone number, He smiles to himself. Can't say as I blame him.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:58:46 PM by Karl Hathaway »

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
Kate felt the color drain from her cheeks slightly as she read the hastily scrawled note from Chopsticks, silently grateful she hadn't touched plate of slimy rubber if Benny's fears of poison were correct. She glanced up from the note as she felt someone's eyes on her, locking the old man in a fixed stare for what felt like several seconds.

That man had a gaze, the same kinda gaze she used to see in some of her fathers Vietnam war veteran buddies that used to come around when she was younger, the same kinda gaze she had some days. She blinked slowly, analyzing the potential he was connected to the assassination warning as the would be trigger man, then discarded the possibility just as quickly.

Bloodhound seemed to have his own dance card, but still she owed him at least a warning of what was coming for all of them, he deserved that much anyway. Pulling out a jet black tactical pen from her inner pocket she hastily scribbled a small note underneath Chopsticks warning:

"Heads up, the brown matters headed for the propellers again, likely safer not to engage them solo, -Quick Silver"

She folded the note into a quick origami swan with a blur of motion, then almost causally flicked it across the room in a high arc where she knew it would settle onto the worn table in front of Bloodhound. Not the most practical use of her abilities, but Kate still enjoyed the simple pleasures her "evolutionary specialty" (as an ex girlfriend once put it) gave her when the opportunities presented themselves.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:22:48 PM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Dan Donovan

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • Bloodhound
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2014, 10:36:30 PM »
Donovan blinked. "What? No, the squid is terrible."

He threw back another swig of the vodka as he sat. "Long Island Sound," he said to Karl. "It's, ah - it doesn't look good."

"She's alive," he added quickly. "Someone's got her. You get me closer, I can narrow down where." Donovan fumbled with a fortune cookie. The first scent was never pleasant, but ones like this - when the target was in some kind of compromising situation - always shook him up a little.

He chewed the stale cookie and read the fortune: "You have a friendly heart and are well admired." Sure. He took a breath and wiped the sweat from his brow. "So. What's the plan?"

As he put the fortune down, something appeared on the table in front of him. "The f*ck?" he grunted curiously at it, picking it up and toying at the paper head. The origami was nicely made - too nice for a place like Lau's. Looking around, he unfolded it, then frowned as he saw the message. The words ran across his lips silently as he read it. "Silver?" He looked around, looking for a sign of the woman. "Hold up," he said Hathaway. "Sh*t's getting weirder than it already is."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:27:15 PM by Dan Donovan »

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2014, 11:38:38 PM »
Kate smiled slightly as Bloodhound scanned the diner for her, toying with the idea of flicking him in the head with a toothpick to get his attention, but decided not to push her luck too far; Bloodhound wasn't exactly good natured when it came to childish pranks from what little she could deduce of his personality.

Instead she settled for something better suited to Bloodhounds senses. Reaching into another pocket she withdrew a small perfume bottle, dust rose, the kind she usually wore, what she recalled wearing the time she worked with him to find that missing girl. Discreetly she pressed nozzle and sprayed it against the container of duck sauce on the table, if she was right he'd have her located in a few moments.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:51:58 PM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2014, 11:51:57 PM »
Karl tenses at the news, and looks like he's about ready to come up out of his seat, but then he pauses, thinking. He's about to speak when the Origami flutters into a landing. When Bloodhound reads is and makes his remark, Karl looks over at the pretty woman whose eyes remind him so much of Linh's. Then he looks back at Bloodhound.

Karl glances at his phone. "My FBI buddy traced the call I got back home. It came from a place called Sanctum. She was on the line, so she was there. If we go there, maybe we can find something else she laid hands on. Let's go."

Offline Dan Donovan

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • Bloodhound
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:39 AM »
"Hold it, man," Donovan said. Something caught in his nostrils. Something familiar...

He stood and followed the scent, walking from booth to booth. It didn't take long.

"Quick Silver." He shook his head, looking her up and down. Dan remembered her looking pretty good. His memory didn't fail. "The hell you doing here?"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:33:34 AM by Dan Donovan »

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:27 AM »
Kate smiled warmly, leaning back in the booth slightly and gesturing to the seat across from her as if she'd been expecting him all along; hoping he wouldn't draw too much attention to her table. "A contact of mine Chopsticks texted me to meet him here, said it was urgent, then a waiter tossed me the note I flew to you."

She shrugged slightly as if she was equally at a loss as to the specific implications of the warning. "Noticed you walk in and figured you deserved a heads up and I'd rather not want to fly solo until this mess is over." She let her voice trail off and causally kept an eye on the other patrons, just in case someone was taking an unhealthy interest in their conversation.

"Or is your dance card full at the moment?" She gave a pointed look to the two people still occupying Bloodhound's former table, wondering what kind of riffraff had acquired his services this time.

Offline Dan Donovan

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • Bloodhound
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:02 AM »
"Well, I appreciate it. You owed me as much, anyway."

He glanced about. "I won't lie. I could use the help." He lowered his voice, leaning in. "Guy's daughter's kidnapped. D*mnedest thing, they don't want anything but they tell him to come to the city. So he finds me to find her. She's somewhere out in the Sound. The whole thing smells like sh*t."

"Oh, and other great news," he said a little louder, waving his arm dramatically, "guess who tried to kill me this morning? Phil the Thrill, guess on orders of Celophane. The f*ck's up with that?" He shook his head. "What's this city coming to? Anyway, Phil's dead, that guy saved my ass with a last minute distraction." He nodded in Eddy's direction. "Figure he's good to keep around."

He scratched his neck uncomfortably. "Anyway. What's up with you?"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:22:45 AM by Dan Donovan »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 12:23:42 AM »
Eddy looked a bit nervous. First the squid tempted him into Gluttony and now a gorgeous well-endowed woman was making him think of that other awful sin...Lust.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:27:19 AM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:55 AM »
Her eyes narrowed as he filled her in on the details of his latest job, half tempted to ask what her cut was for helping, but knew Bloodhound would settle up squarely after the fact, he knew better then to short change her.

"It smells fishy, fishier then this dive, and that's saying something."

Kate nodded at his info dump of daily events, mentally scratching Phil the Thrill off her contacts/potential target list, pointing to the unfolded bird in Bloodhounds hand. "Like the note Chopsticks wrote said, Cello's got hits out on all of us, I guess he's got issues with congress's repeal?"

"Whatever your current gig turns out to be, legit, double cross, long con, or frame, I've got your back; and afterward we can work on canceling Cellophane." Canceling, it how she preferred to think of hits, Killing usually implied emotion, connection on a personal level. People like Celo, they were just rabid animals in need of a mercy shot for the betterment of the community, nothing more to it than that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:33:32 AM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
With that they were off. A peculiar foursome.

By the time they got to Sanctum, it was almost 2AM.

No dance club for Molly zombies this.

The door and even the black-glass high-rise was non-descript. No sign, no names, no bouncers, no hint at all that beyond the gray door was one of the world's most exclusive social clubs.

Naturally the door was locked. And thick, Karl surmised. And most likely set with a silent alarm. And who knew what else.

The very gates of hell, Eddy spat. He heard stories, everyone had, of what went on beyond those doors. Anything could be had, if you were of the right breed.

Now what?

There wasn't a doorbell either. Not even an ornate, gothic knocker, though that would probably look cool on the door.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:37:07 AM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:12 AM »
Kate eyed the door up and down while idly tugging down at the edge of her denim skirt, and glanced over at the new faces, having made her introduction to them on the ride here, simply using her street name "Quick Silver" with her task as "Bloodhounds Insurance policy." Yeah it was a bit over dramatic, but she doubted either of them would believe her if she told them her regular line of work, although the guy with the missing daughter did seem to be more then appearances let on...

She shook her head to clear away the trail of thoughts and focus on the task at hand, keeping her sentences clipped and to the point. "Exclusive access. Likely a RFID scanner that opens for those with the right card." She paused and waited for the input of her new acquaintances, could be one of them had a talent that would get them through this door, hopefully without setting off every alarm in the building.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »

This place.  He had been this close before, but had not even seen the door open.  Drop off the package and leave. No more. No less.  Payment made its way through other channels, but they had always paid well.

So he had no idea how they would get in if they weren’t wanted.  He had none of his old tools, and there had been no time to assemble them since breaking out. Plus, he had no money. Also:

“Well, they know we are here. Cameras, though you can’t see em. Probably mic’s as well.”

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dan Donovan

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • Bloodhound
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2014, 11:05:40 AM »
"Right card?" Dan asked. He went through the pockets of his trench coat and fished out an all-black card. "Something like this?" he asked, waving it at Kate. "Courtesy of our friend Phil the Thrill, may his lousy ass rot in hell."

He looked at the door and scratched his chin with the card. "So, do I just wave it in front, or...?"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:23:25 AM by Dan Donovan »

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2014, 07:46:46 AM »
Kate shrugged, equally at a loss on how such cards worked. Usually in her line of work she'd be canceling targets on their way out of, or into, the club rather then sleazing around the interior. "I'd assume it just scans it automatically while it's in your pocket, like the rfid chips in passports."

She leaned against the wall casually, scanning over the hallway, searching for any concealed doors. A exclusive ritzy club would likely have some kind of manual access/exit for clientele in the event of elevator malfunction, power outage, or fire.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:16:13 PM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51:51 PM »
NOW

Waiting for the cab, Karl had introduced himself. Never one for that godd**n Oneshot nonsense Teddy Best had saddled him with, he only said, "Hathaway, miss. Karl Hathaway." Karl spoke to her with a soft politeness he hadn’t used, but didn’t offer his hand. Kate and the others likely noticed how Karl kept his right hand clear at all times, ready to draw. He even used he left to push away the plate of rubbery, overdone squid in the restaurant, always keeping his right free.

In the cab, Karl was quiet, lost in thought. Thinking about Katie, and Linh. Thinking about every move - the few right ones and many wrong ones - which brought him here, now. Thinking, Silently praying to a God he was certain was laughing down at him that Katie'd be okay. To anyone glancing at Karl, his hair seemed grayer, his face more haggard.

Then the group had arrived, and Karl’s mind slipped back into the present, back to the mission. Now sizing the place up, he’s again the young... well, younger... Karl they'd first glimpsed. Shouldering his heavy duffel, he looks around, at the building, then at the others, studying each with a keen eye. A veteran operator, Karl reads in each one that they too have been there, that they have @!#$ing done that. He takes in Kate last of all, and in Karl’s eyes she sees none of the things she sees when most men look at her. But she also sees some regret. She reminds him of someone, and the memory doesn’t bring him comfort..

But then Karl gives a short, violent shake of his head, clearing it. Gotta stay here. Gotta stay now. Useless old man trapped in the past ain’t helpin’ Katie. "Enough of this bulls**t,” he says. “Time to give up on ghosts." He nods with his head to an alley across the street, then heads over there. Once in, he looks around.

“I don’t trust easy. I’ve learned not to. But I ain’t a fool. I know I’m in over my head. So I have to trust y’all, an’ ask fer help. That means y’all gotta trust me. So... truth. The short version ‘cuz we ain’t got all night.”

“The FBI, they got a file on me. Not much to it. Old feller, retired Marine sniper, been some places, done some s**t back in ‘nam, but he lives alone in the backwoods now, keeps to himself, has done for twenty years or more. Good Marine, once, but no-one to take no account of no more.”

Karl hesitates a moment, before fully committing. “But they got a second file. One hardly anyone's ever seen. One that ain’t under the name my momma give me in 1940. This’n only goes back about four years. It’s coded using the stupid @!#$in’ name ol’ Teddy Best give me when I helped ‘im out a few years back. He calls me Oneshot.”

Karl’s quiet a sec. The name speaks for itself to the right ears, and he’s betting with tags like Bloodhound and Quicksilver, these are the right ears.

“Now, neither one of those names appears in the other file, and ain’t no clear pictures of Oneshot. Just a few of some feller in full kit with camo paint on ‘is face. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t spread that around none. But I reckon someone else knows about it, because there ain’t no reason anyone would want ol’ Gunny Hathaway out here. So they’re tryin’ to get hold of that other feller. An’ for some reason, they want him mad.”

Karl glances at his duffel, heavy with death. “Now, I reckon they want me here, since they called me from here, and they know I could get the call traced. So, ‘less one o’ you objects, I’m fixin’ to knock on the front door. Got my door-knocker right here. She makes a real purty knockin’ sound, an’ she’ll open any godd**n door this side o’ Fort Knox.”

Karl is quiet a sec. “Any o’ you got a better idea, let’s hear it. But they got my little girl and I’m fixin’ to kick up a fuss.”

Offline Dan Donovan

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • Bloodhound
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2014, 01:19:26 PM »
Dan's nose wrinkled. "Wait a sec. 1940?" He did the math. "D*mn, man," he grumbled, "you look good for seventy-three. Frankly surprised you made it this long, though. You wanna run in there guns blazing? F*ck that mess."

He pulled out his flask, fiddling with the cap idly. "I get you wanna get your girl out, believe me. But this is a g*dd*mn trap, pure and simple. I been thinking. They send you to the city with no instructions, no demands, just a threat. They want you to track 'em down, and they know I'm the guy to find 'em. They send Phil the Thrill to kill me - Phil, a jerkoff who couldn't kill a kitten with a shotgun, and who happened to have this card with him."

He sighed, unscrewing the flask and throwing back a swig of vodka. He was already halfway drunk, may as well see it through. "Whoever the f*ck these guys are, they definitely want you dead, and probably me too. We charge in there, we come out in boxes. Ain't gonna help your Katie." Donovan paused, letting the meaning hang in the air. "I say we play it cautious-like. See if this thing works, you and me go in. Kate and Eddy can try to find another way in, back us up that way."

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2014, 02:03:44 PM »
Karl nods. "Alright. Your jungle. But I got my doorknocker just in case."

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
Kate nodded at the plan, half tempted to point out the note from Chopsticks of Cello putting on contracts on them all, but figured one more distraction was one more thing that could get them killed, and judging by his brief explanation of his past, the last thing he'd appreciate at this time would be more distractions.

"Looks like it's you and me Eddy." She wondered briefly at why this guy was tagging along with them, eh did have a "special name" so she had doubts he had an special gifts either. Then again, lots of people under estimated her too, (to their often short lived regret,) so she'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and see if he lived up, or down, to both sides of her expectation scale.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:16:01 PM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »
Eddy could barely speak to her.  He simply stammered, "after you."

His eye was already at work.  He sinned heavily in service of his once Powdered master, and learned a few things. Like how to find places to get in. 

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »
Kate smiled, careful not to put too much warmth into it lest she send the wrong message and distract the poor man from the task at hand, and create one of those awkward scenarios in sitcoms that made audiences do a face palm.

"Nearly all buildings are required to have at least two possible exits on the ground floor in case of a fire, and a fire escape of some sort if more then 2 stories high," Her tone carried the inflection that came from memorizing a rule book, in this case a fire safety code book she'd thumbed through once when she needed to impersonate a safety inspector for an old contract; funny how stuff like that stuck with people.

"Also unless the clubs visitors are mole men there's no doubt plenty of windows, and the roof will have ventilation access as well."

She knelt down and tightened the laces of one of her combat boots, knowing they didn't exactly go with her denim skirt and black leather jacket, but military chick was a popular look, and carbon fiber toed boots were a hell of a lot more comfortable then high heels.

"Back alley of the place, should be a fire escape or exit door hopefully." Given the look of this guy she half suspected she was telling him what he already knew, or it could be he was just some wall street suit seriously down on his luck after a downsizing left him unemployed and homeless. Not her concern, the contract was what mattered, and today that was backing up Hound, something she planned to follow through on or die trying.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2014, 06:50:40 PM »
Out Back

They found the back door fast enough, though it was far enough away...they had to circumnavigate the entire block! Eddy spotted another black door, this one not so fancy-looking, while Kate schooled him on the finer points of building safety. Fire-escape, not so much. The building was a post-modern, sleek number. Thirty stories, no escape...from fire, anyway. She glanced toward the roof...no doubt helipads up there.

Eddy approached the door. For the first time since they got here, they could here some sound emanating from inside. A fat NY rat leapt from a nearby trash-pile (this was definitely the back of the building) spooking him momentarily.

Suddenly, the doors opened up! A man emerged, and the doors closed behind him.  A man who looked pretty much like this...

"@!#$ you want?" He growled at Eddy, then noticed Kate and grinned. "What's a hot little number like you doing with this whino?"

It was the Bouncer! Eddy recognized him immediately, how can you not? But for his part, the Bouncer, didn't recognize "Chosen". Nor Quicksilver apparently. He looked like he had been mixing steroids with booze again. Red-rimmed eyes and bulging veins throbbing on his bald head.

Funny thing about the Bouncer, Eddy thought, he was never really a "good guy". When he was with the Fab Five, Cherub and company could control him, but this was a man who would as likely save a drowning kitten, as he would snap the neck of any random fellow, who had managed to piss him off.

"You eyeball me one more time, buddy, and I'll rip your head off, then piss down your throat."

It seemed maybe the Bouncer had stepped out for a piss.
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »
Somewhere nearby...

"Don't start questioning s**t now, Pete. You're not being paid to think."

"@!#$ you."

"We're part of a machine, Pete, small cogs."

"Yeah, I still don't like it."

"Get your s**t together! Let's see what happens here first. Then we go."

Inside

The card worked like a charm.

The door buzzed quietly and opened, slightly ajar.

They stepped inside and the black soundproof walls drowned Manhattan's night.

Perhaps not what they expected. A short corridor ahead. Then an archway, and they entered what looked like a fancy hotel lobby, all marble, glass, and brass. A grand staircase clad in black velvet, was ahead leading upstairs to wide double-doors. Closed. Bank of black matte elevators to the right. A concierge desk to the left. Kinda @!#$ing place was this?

Behind the desk stood a man. Well, at least from the waist up. The desk hid the lower part of him. Ginger buzz cut. Wrap-around mirror shades. Nose-ring like on a bull!  Anachronistic black velvet tux, with bright yellow ascot in lieu of a bow tie. Weird.

"I'm sorry sir," he addressed Dan, "No unauthorized guests are allowed access with your level of membership. Your friend will have to go. Now."

Cameras up above in all corners. Who knew what else.

Deathly quiet.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:00:10 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Kate Hammerhill

• Adept
  • Quick Silver
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »
Kate sighed inwardly as The Bouncer spewed forth his vulgarity, privately wondering what exact mixture of steroids, booze and daddy issues would result in an attitude like that, the analytical side of her already trying to think of a diplomatic resolution that would let them pass, prevent bloodshed.

She realized just as quick the noise Blood Hound and One Shot were about to make would kick off any minute, so she'd be canceling him then, and right now surprise was on their side. She threw a mental switch and turned The Bouncer from a person, a unique human with special abilities, dreams and goals, into merely a target for cancellation, an obstacle to be removed in the completion of her contract with Blood Hound.

His final threat of violence refocused her attention and triggered the adrenaline rush and onset of what she knew was the beginning of what would be, for her target, a very bad night.

She shuddered slightly, as if experiencing a brief, but intense orgasm , the sudden rush of endorphin's and chemicals flooding into her bloodstream. The world slowed down around her, and everything crystallized, feeling sharper, clearer, more real than anything she'd feel when "normal."

She could count every hair bulging vein on her targets arms, could smell his anger and cheap alcohol, she was imminently aware of everything around her.

She felt as if she had all the time in the world. The targets fists were only partially clenched,, and she still had time to think of a battle plan, be revolted by the giant rat and stench of garbage, and even think of a snappy joke, before she needed to make her move.

Almost leisurely she decided it was time to act. Her target was maybe ten feet away.

She closed in with a quick running jump. To her target and Eddy, it was like she just teleported.

They were flies trying to swim through molasses, and she was a Utah Raptor descending on its prey.

What to do, what to do...

She could draw her pistol and drill her target between his eyes, but guns made noise, and noise would ruin their entry, so she drew her Halo II combat knife from it's place on her inner jacket, and thrusted it towards his bulging Adams apple, angling upwards to bury it to the hilt and leave the tip implanted near the base of his skull severing the spinal cord and puncturing the brain stem, while her right leg arced downwards with her speeding body behind it into the side of the mans knee.

The funny thing about knee joints she mused, they were surprisingly fragile to sudden high speed impacts from the side, especially when supporting a grotesque amount of weight.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:51:42 PM by Kate Hammerhill »

Offline Karl Hathaway

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2014, 08:08:25 PM »
Karl looks at Dan, suddenly incensed, outraged. "You mean ta tell me you brung me on down here for a good time, an' you don't even have the right membership ta get us both IN?!?"

Karl gives Dan a hard shove. "You'll be payin fer that all night long, boy. Payin' on yer knees!"

Karl approaches Dan, readying a backhanded slap. Hope Dan plays along, and the concierge puts them on pay per view.