llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Here's an idea: Gravy Chips  (Read 2441 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Here's an idea: Gravy Chips
« on: November 19, 2005, 08:07:01 PM »
  Just for fun I thought I would mention an idea I've had for some time now. Gravy Flavored Potato Chips. C'mon. They made Ketchup, Pickle, Salt and Pepper, and those crazy Dorrito 3D things. Just let me know what you think of Gravy Flavored Potato Chips. Would you buy them? I think they would be great on a turkey sandwich. Also feel free to mention any other type of chips you would like to see. Like mustard, or popcorn, or something. I know this has nothing to do with roleplaying (and understand that this may fetch me a verbal beating) but I'm a little bored and feel the need to do something. Besides, this may yet have some roleplaying potential. What if the your PCs had to.. uh, I don't know. Something to do with a crazy wizard making potatos into thinly sliced potions. Well, have fun with this one.

:hyper: :hyper: GRAVY CHIPS! :hyper: :hyper:
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
Re: Here's an idea: Gravy Chips
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:05:34 PM »
In hindsight, this seems like one of those obvious ideas, that you are surprised no one thought of before.  I think it's a great idea. Also, for many gamers, roleplaying and chips go together like roleplaying and... soda...

Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 06:35:27 PM »
Here, here
All gyrate uncontrolably at the joy of GRAVY CHIPS!!!!!(Elevnty-One)!!!
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 06:38:18 PM »
Now there are many kinds of gravy. White gravy, and there is the standard brown gravy. What about turkey gravy or savory mushroom gravy?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Roack

• That guy
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 09:40:36 PM »
Well seeing as how kinslayer mentioned soda, and I've been having an odd flavor idea about that... CHOCOLATE SODA

Back to Gravy, what about Vegetarians? Would we have some sort of soy gravy chips?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 04:44:45 AM by Roack »

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 03:23:40 PM »
They already have Chocolate Soda, I've only seen it in Diet form though. As for what type of Gravy: I would probably say it would start with your standard Brown Gravy and if it was a big hit it might expand to the other Gravy Subtypes.
Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Hall of Heroes 10 NPC Guild Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »
Diet Double Fudge Soda isn't soda. It's rat poison. *shudder*

I saw steak flavored chips at the store the other day, better go fast with your gravy.

Offline Kinslayer

• The Glorious One
  • Master
  • Doom
    • http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 10:22:11 AM »
Anyway, like I was sayin', gravy-chips is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, gravy-chip-kabobs, gravy-chip creole, gravy-chip gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple gravy-chips, lemon gravy-chips, coconut gravy-chips, pepper gravy-chips, gravy-chip soup, gravy-chip stew, gravy-chip salad, gravy-chips and potatoes, gravy-chip burger, gravy-chip sandwich. That--that's about it.
Midian Dark Fantasy Roleplaying Game
The Official Game of the Internet
http://Lost-Souls.co.nr
http://Lost-Souls.hk.st

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline Druid_Wiking

• The Last Freethinker alive.
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 03:26:30 PM »

Back to Gravy, what about Vegetarians? Would we have some sort of soy gravy chips?

I am sick of soy. we (vegetarians)do not need special treatment. we are the freaks who go against nature. Gravy chips are gravy chips are gravy. I spike orange soda with ginseng. Why is there no ginseng coffee creamer, I have to make my own. If you need ginseng coffee cream recipe, reply. And back to chips ... there should be popcorn flavored pringles. Better yet, pad thai flavor.
     I believe in the power of pringles, pizza, and soda, to attract stoners to ailing games, that don't need good players, but rather any players, and to keep them playing. I will bow, to the ancient edible d20, and I am rambling.
The roleplaying games were never a danger.
Indeed, the only ones with real room to be
offended were pagans. As for me, I wish we druids could turn wood to gold. ;)

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
To be honest, and it is hard ot burn down an idea of Pieh to be honest, I personally do not like all those wonkey chips flavors, so I am almost at the point where I would like to go back to pop-corn (salted version) only.
I for one would not even glance at gravy flavored chips... I think it is a bad idea.

With kind regards,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 10:15:42 AM »
Canadian's strike back. 

Besides the Canadians have been making these things properly (much the same way Americans make Bacon Cheese Fries or Nachoes) for decades.   So these will be pale substitutions at best.
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©