llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Muros 2013  (Read 6035 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Muros 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
Speaking of Quests, can you guess which Strolenite had the most Quest-related submissions in 2013? The answer may surprise you! (answer below).

It was another great year for Quests, and I would like to hi-lite just a few of the participating authors and their kick-ass submissions...

MysticMoon for Winter's Gem in the Winter Quest AND Refuge beneath the Waves in the 20,000 Feet Under the Sea Quest AND Zombie Servants of the Ch'thra in the Zombies (the apocalyptic kind) Quest
Shadoweagle for The Other Side in Religions and Cults Quest AND Hell Knight: The Tragedy of Celsia Rimeheart in the Summer Doldrums Quest
Gossamer for Augmented Disposition Tattoos in the Tattoos Quest AND Dwarven Calendar in the Summer Doldrums Quest

Congrats to these authors for keeping the Quests sexy and to all the other Quest participants of 2013!!!!!

(answer: caesar193)

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 01:03:39 PM »
Oh yes, and if it isn't enough that he has already won a few awards, including Poster of the Century!! Scrasamax also takes home the prize for...

Best Article of 2013 (and maybe best-named submission to boot!!)

Disposable You! (yes, YOU!) http://strolen.com/viewing/Disposable_You

Congrats Scrasamax!!

Well, I think that's a wrap, aside from hopefully a few more speeches, and any gripes anyone may have :P

See you at the after-party!! BYOB.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:18:30 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
Strike up the band and break out the champagne! Time to party like it's 2099

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »
*stumbles back to the podium*

Err, sorry, there is one last Award that needs to be handed out. And that is for the Newcomer of the Year 2013! also known as "Newbie of the Year" in Strolenite parlance.

As in past years, this award is not being handed out via a popularity contest, but is awarded to the Strolenite that had the most activity since joining!!

I hereby announce that the undisputed winner is that cat again...meow.

Congrats Gossamer!!! Subs, comments, forums...Gossamer dove head-first into our culture pool and hasn't surfaced since!!

Also, I would like to give a shout out to ALL NEWBIES who joined us in 2013!!

Without you we couldn't grow!!

Congrats and an official re-welcome, in no particular order to...

dustyjohnson! Darkornyx! Longspeak! young0ne2! rickster! jojokiwi! flaco! CrazyF1r3f0x, Eric the Grey!

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »
What about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »
Hmm, you're new newbie - comeback of the year perhaps?

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
All 2013 Awards have been updated. XP shall come!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »
Thanks to Strolen by the way, for sponsoring this awesome nonsense!!! (oh and this whole site!!!!!!!!) And adding funky icons!!!!

Final notes:

The Milk Carton award winners: Captain Penguin (c'mon maaaaaan), MoonHunter (why you hiding yo?), Silveressa (Come back pleeease, you know you want to!!), Ria Hawk (Knighthaaaaawk!!!!), Dozus (Stop by anytime, no really!), Dossta (Where you been?!), Wulfhere (How busy does that Paizo keep you?!)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:07:45 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:29 PM »
A cat wearing a darth vader mask crawls out from under the stage curtain. Walks up to the mic and taps it. *Ehrm* Says the masked cat when another cat wearing specs walks up and interupts.

Yo Gossamer I'm very happy for you, I'mma let you finish. But ShadowEagle, EchoMirage, Ancient Gamer and Caesar193 are some of the best pbp roleplayers of all time. Of all time, yo!

The Kanye Kitty abruptly leaves, leaving a dazed darth vader cat staring after it. "Ahrm. Well, alright. Thank you once again for yet another very well deserved award. This is my favorite community hang out spot, not just for the moment but really the best I've ever been a part of, no fibbing.
Barring any cat-astrophs.... *pause for laughter, nobody laughs* I intend to stay for as long as you all can stand me, and maybe even a little bit longer than that. Thank you Strolen, awesome site. Thank you Muro, our host and my good friend. Thank you all, for making this place great."

*some sort of strange samba remix of imperial march and thank you for being a friend plays as the cat exits*
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4