llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3543 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Jojokiwi

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Greetings
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:50:45 AM »
Hello all,
My name is Jojo_kiwi, you may call me whatever you would like.  I'm introducing myself so that other authors and users alike may greet me and maybe even help me flesh out some ideas that I've been having. 
A couple things about me:
-I love criticism.  Mostly because it helps me determine if and when I use this how believable and how stupid a character/setting/stupidly huge mythical beast might sound to the characters and players that I am portraying it too.  So please if you do give criticism, be brutal.
-I am a new GM, and am currently GMing for my first time ever.  Any tips or hints that you might have for how to do things that you found out later would be great.  For example, I found out when I designed my first city that I was not thorough enough and the players found this out...it was a bad day.
-I would love to collaborate on something and love when people use my stuff.  If you see one of my posts and you think to yourself, "I know exactly how that should look" or something along those lines feel free to pm me and run with it.  Also I have tons of ideas, so if you want to write but don't know what about, I might have an idea or two that I would love to see someone write up.  Just so you know, I'm trying not to sound like a know it all and I do hope I am not coming across as such, I just am full of ideas that I usually forget very quickly and as such I would love to see something done with them before they vanish.

Anyways, thank you all for your comments and help so far and I look forward to many more in the future.

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:56:44 AM »
Call you anything we like? Countess Schnauzer von Hasselback the third? Poopy face tomato nose?
Hi, I'm Goss. Welcome.  :)
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »
This sounds like the perfect match for you then. Open your creative bomb bay doors and start dumping all over us!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Jojokiwi

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »
Countess Schnauzer von Hasselback the third was my father, so you can call me the fourth if you wish, but if you pick a name I just ask that you stick with it, otherwise I won't be able to tell who you're talking to
also thank you for accepting me and my tendency for the extraordinary so quickly

Offline young0ne2

• Apprentice
  • Aware And Outraged
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
 :cthulhu: *LICK* :cthulhu:

YEA NEW PEOPLE! HERE we need some one to drive this thing :pirateship:

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
I'm here to lick bass and fake games!

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • King
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Master Questor Article Guild Elite NPC Guild 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 04:36:43 AM »
Welcome Jojo :)

It's always pleasant to see new members here.

I just am full of ideas that I usually forget very quickly and as such I would love to see something done with them before they vanish.

I know exactly how you feel. Then things stagnate. So act, fast! Now, don't I sound like a hypocrite? :P

Any help you need, just ask anyone. There are plenty of good links and subs to help you accomplish whatever you want, Silveressa has added a couple of particulars for GM'ing. Here's some links to more helpful, generic stuff:

Newish: http://strolen.com/newish

Creating: http://strolen.com/creating

Helping: http://strolen.com/helping

All of these can be found under the "Library" tab at the top of the Main Page as well :)

All the best to you, I hope to see some of your stuff :)

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2