llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [OOC Coldforged] 1423: The Crusade Against the Circle of Ketange-Ishatal  (Read 8541 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Hello folks

Answers:
- Yes, it is a village (or an armpit as you called it, hehe). Treskenmauer is a small, isolated community.
- Gossamer: You are the boss when it concerns your character. I will change the text accordingly.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Thank you, AG.  :) You can keep everything else, she could just pull that orb up from her backpack.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Whoops, didn't know we were in Silmar...Must have missed that memo. Too late for a mulligan? :P Heh, hmm....okaaaaay, what to do now.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
This moved too fast for me.  Basically, in no way will Kuth allow this - any of the murders - to transpire unopposed - with force if needed, nor will he consort with those capable of this now they are unmasked.

Looking at where the story has gone in the interim, it perhaps is best to write Kuth out of this one.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:28:40 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Gotta agree with Val here. The game went from 'go to this town and figure out what happened to Dieter' to 'pointlessly kill the entire village even though they probably know information about Dieter' in the course of one night. I know Elquin wasn't around to put his opinion on it, but he's very against useless murder for no reason, and I don't see how I can stay in character with him and still be a part of a group that kills peasants who posed little threat for fun.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
The "little threat" that they pose is "go and tell the authorities" which will coalesce into "find a village full of Hexenjaegers when we return from the quest, exhausted".
Think me a fool, but unless you have mind control magics, which you don't, this will happen.

Specifically regarding Vitoriel, everybody knew how an elf invoker (you know, that pointy-eared species that gets raped and murdered on sight in these parts) would react to a lynch mob, especially given that the story plot is "Someone of our monastery and power level was crucified in Silmar."

Each time your cover is blown (thanks, Aeomi), the only recourse is "leave no witnesses". Especially as none of those witnesses were painted as opposed to the idea of burning helpless witches.

Also, pointlessly kill - they are not dead yet, which you either may learn from reading the OOC, or in character from Vitoriel, and they may divulge all necessary info, which you either may learn from reading the OOC, or in character from Vitoriel.

Refute my points please.

On a separate note: when exactly do you wish to intervene?
*Nobody got to intervene in Aeomi blowing up the cover.
*Nobody got to intervene in Kuth stomping the ground.
*Vitoriel casts a single area spell, an action which is comparable with Kuth's in length.
Notice how AG immediately responded to the above actions, describing their consequences. Vitoriel's action followed the exactly same template as yours - so there is no reason to attack it on formal grounds because you do not like the content.

Then, a crone runs up, and addresses Vitoriel. To which Vitoriel responds. That's the first window I see.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:23:04 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Fellow roleplayers, please.

1. Everyone is playing their characters here, and I am GMing the world, reacting to your actions.

2. So far, all gaming is IC, and excellently so. That includes Kuth's reaction, Aeomi's reaction, Elquin's reaction and Vitoriel's reaction. You guys have different charries with very, very different world views. This debate might as well be going on IC, in incensed and furious terms.

3. Mass murder is mass murder. It is mass murder if the citizens of villagers go on a killing spree, burning suspected and real witches and warlocks at the stake, and it is mass murder if Vitoriel uses her considerable powers to snuff out a village. We have yet to arrive at mass murder though, as only the witch has been killed thus far. The rest are at Vitoriel's mercy.

4. The Ketange-Ishatal used to be a famous place of magic and learning. Now it is (considered) an infamous place of demonic witchcraft and sodomy (in Silmar). A Mistress of the Summoning Tower would probably translate to "The Devil's Harlot, serving in a decadent monument" to Silmarite ears.

5. You guys have been locked away in the monestary for centuries. It is unlikely that you have ventured into Silmar much, and it is quite possible that you did not realize that this new part of Silmar had fallen under the zealot spell yet. As was evident outside of town, at the shrine that Elquin found, this place had magic users and sacrificial rituals. Quite possibly, this was another place several hundred years ago, when a young Aeomi ventured through the area, on the run from more central parts of Silmar

6. As is evident in the faces of the apprentices, and in the reactions of Kuth and Aeomi, they find Vitoriel's actions to be somewhat extreme. That is to be expected. If you read EchoMirage's character, she IS an extremist, and a pragmatist. She may need to be reined in at times. This is where the mission, her ties to the monestary and the master of the monestary, and your roles as masters of the monestary come into play to avoid a party split.

7. As above, remember your ties to each other. You are all serving at a place of longevity, study and worship. You are on a mission for the master. If given the gift of extreme longevity, would you throw it away? Would you betray one you considered your mentor, benefactor and friend for the last 100 years? (The Master of the Monestary - A benefactor to you all) If not, remember the mission, and respect your fellow monks as the game permits.

8. Right now, I suggest you guys normalize the situation. Vitoriel, you are sure to notice the fear, the fury, the anger in your fellow monks. As a Mistress of the Monestary, you are allowed certain despotic rights, but two of those reacting are fellow masters of the monestary, and that is not to be taken lightly.

9. If you guys cannot normalize the situation, I can intervene with the Master of the Monestary. She has the power to be in the village within a couple of hours. If you need that, call it here in the OOC, and we will use it as a last resort.

I do not like too much retroactive gaming. You make your choices, and you stick with them. I do not believe playing the "Master Sorceror" card will work well in Silmar though, so now that you for sure know that you are here, remember that.

But, you could also run into isolated and hidden covens of witches or warlocks. They might react similar to Vitoriel if they believed their cover was blown, and you played the "innocent Silmarite" charade.

It is a difficult setting to be playing in, and the Hexenjaegers might prove difficult opponents if you run into them.

I believe in you as players, and I believe you will rise to the occasion.

So if Vitoriel shows some social skills, and notice the way the others react, and shows the other masters of enchantment proper respect (and vice versa), I believe you guys can sort this out.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:10:48 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor
    • Awards
I have slept upon it, and have somewhat cooled.

Basically, I have a hard time reconciling Kuth's inaction with what happened without having to change his character in a direction I'd rather not go.

I am reacting mainly to the inability to affect the course of events, when the stakes are very high. Please do not advance so quickly in situations of such complex drama, where everyone should get a voice in before all the dust settles.

Kuth's reaction to this sudden slaughter - for from his eyes it was slaughter unless he is well versed in necromancy (which he is not) - will be to immediately physically restrain Vitoriel.  The extortions to kill weaken the case that 'no, they are not dead yet."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
And if you think I am being morally 'enlightened' with Kuth's approach, he has to be.  He needs to push against his nature and background with all his might, or fall back into being what he was.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
I will comply with slower story advancement in scenarios like this.

I get eager at times, and that is not always a good thing.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
 :oops: Sorry guys, I'll try to make this right again.  :(

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Looking for Aeomi's entourage in the texts. Can't find it. Does she have any followers at all, or is it just the ascetic monk and her ghosts?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
Only 400 for Vitoriel?

That's... insulting.

How much would leveling the village increase the bounty?

"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Nothing.

There are no witnesses around that can identify you as Vitoriel of the Monestary. Also, at this point it is meta information. :)

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
Yes, hence why this is the OOC thread.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Coldforged Spell Noise:

Memorization Level 1: 1x0 = 0% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: No chance
Memorization Level 2: 2x1 = 2% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 99-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 3: 3x2 = 6% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 95-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 4: 4x3 = 12% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 89-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 5: 5x4 = 20% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 81-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 6: 6x5 = 30% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 71-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 7: 7x6 = 42% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 59-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 8: 8x7 = 56% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 45-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 9: 9x8 = 72% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 29-100 GM roll on 1d100
Memorization Level 10: 10x9 = 90% chance of creating noise that attuned creatures and powers can detect: 11-100 GM roll on 1d100
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:37:18 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
Thoughts on http://strolen.com/guild/index.php?topic=6747.msg82969#msg82969?

Added his shapechanger spells.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
So... you are memorizing individual forms, not subchanges? Cool.
I'd just note that for their memorization level, Goss' spells are noticeably more expensive than yours (i.e. 24 mana for a 4th level spell)

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Looking for Aeomi's entourage in the texts. Can't find it. Does she have any followers at all, or is it just the ascetic monk and her ghosts?

A few apprentices, no carriage, but they carry a big exotic tent and yeah, ghosts. I've been meaning to detail the ghosts more, I've got three primary ghosts. One is the manifestation of Rage (Ancient hero), one is a thief (gremling spell in human form), and one Dryad, nature spirit.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
So... you are memorizing individual forms, not subchanges? Cool.
I'd just note that for their memorization level, Goss' spells are noticeably more expensive than yours (i.e. 24 mana for a 4th level spell)

Costs are low since they need to be cast together to produce final forms, and most forms have no supernatural attack forms.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Setting Things Straight

As of now I am locking the game down.

I believe that every one of us entered the game to have fun. Lately that has not been the case. I tried to move the game on, but it seems that anger still linger in many of you. I understand that a lot of you got a lot of flack that evening. Only Shadoweagle and I escaped somewhat unscathed.

Things I think you all should take into consideration:

<Bear in mind that I am sitting here, calm as a warm Mediterranean summer night. I am not angry at anyone, I am not emotional in any regard. I am just silently telling you all how I feel>

1. EchoMirage: This one goes out to you. I will not wrap it in gentle words, nor will I pull my punches. To put it simply: You are a very, very poisonous man when you feel assaulted or hurt. Please remember that the fellows here are our equals, our brothers in spirit. They are lovers of fantasy and science fiction, that have chosen to spend their free time here, on Strolen's Citadel. They have also chosen to spend their free time playing my game.

When you get riled up and ridicule them for their attempts at reconciliation, I believe you step way over the line. You chase them away from the game, and if it escalated enough, you might even have chased them off the site.
That is not a good thing.

Please, please take a few days off when your anger reaches such levels.
For your own sake, and for everyone elses.

2. This concerns all of you: I put a lot of effort into my games. I am very, very passionate about them.

But please bear in mind:
Every time one of you told me that you were about to quit the game, it was like a virtual slap across the face.
It hurt me.

If you are in a position to accept advise from me, my advise would be to wait for a while with such reactions.
I was trying my best at damage control all the way, and I feel that the threats were uncalled for.

3. In my games, I am the GM.
While I might correct some actions that you did not intend to create, like when I caused valadaars spell to become too powerful, I will not change outer circumstance (NPCs, world, monsters) because you feel that my GMing is illogical.

You may propose change, but you may not demand change.

There is no way you can force change upon my game.

You may suggest change, but not demand change.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Let us just have a take out and talk again in a while.

No one is out yet.

We will all have a chat in a couple of weeks, and you can then safely exit the game without me getting mad at you.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
so, EchoMirage is most definitely out, and he will never return to any of my games.

Goss, val and Shadow do you wanna go on, or do you want to quit?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
I'm still in, and I really wish em was too.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
He does not want to come back, and he is not allowed to come back.

Excellent that you are back on board.

Shadow? Goss?
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!