Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Cavern of Inane Natter

Gibberish from the soapbox

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gossamer:
Haven't played it, but this is what I've read about it;

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/19

Ancient Gamer:
Yeah. The NPC AI isn't that good. The monster AI is excellent, however.
They thank you, they flank you, then they shank you.

Flu isn't that great when you've got stuff to do.
Never a good idea to program while drunk or sick though. Always ends up with a rewrite.

Ancient Gamer:
Games I am eagerly waiting for

1. The Witcher 3
... Because the Witcher series never, ever disappoint.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt --World Premiere Trailer

2. Dragon Age 3: Inquisitor
... Okay, DA1 was geniusm, DA2 was pitiful, and DA3 is built upon the age old "Portal to Hell has been opened" metaplot. But still, I wanna play it.
Dragon Age Inquisition - 30 Minitues Of Gameplay HD

3. Thief
I've always loved the Thief franchise, and I hope this time around thief will be as unnerving as the last time I played it. The Shalebridge Cradle, though not your average Thief sneak and hide level, was one of the best horror sequences I've ever played. And the Hunter Killers chasing Garret in Thief 3 were utterly unnerving, gave me chills down my spine whenever I heard them.
Thief 4 Gameplay (E3): ׮

Pariah:
I'm torn on the new Thief.  Video of course looks good, and I can forgive them for getting a new voice actor (which seems to have stirred up a hornets nest on the intertubes) but the gameplay I saw in the previews struck me as not having the right tone.  The bullet time and mark/execute type mechanics rub me the wrong way in regards to the Thief series.  Garrett was a great thief, but he could never stand toe to toe against a guard, and once they knew you were there retreat was always the best option (if you didn't just reload your last save).

I'm not going to say that they're changing it so it sucks (adding the glowy effect to lootin 3 was nice because it significantly cut down the number of times I accidentally picked up a wooden cupand gave away my position trying to set it down) but the fact that they would say something like this makes me worried "We want you to play as a thief, but we don’t want to force you to play as a thief.”  In my mind this is kinda like saying in regards to madden 20xx "We want you to be able toplay football, but not force you to play football."

Gossamer:
Hahahaha, they don't want to force you to play as a thief in a game named Thief? Oh goodness, what is the world coming to. Why not hide some grenade throwers in the game as well, throw all subtlety out the window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version