llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cool $h!t I did  (Read 1626 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Cool $h!t I did
« on: May 19, 2014, 12:43:14 PM »
I've got a friend who used to work in Hollywood, special effects and everything. I on occasion get to go up to his epic workshop and make things with him. A lot of the time I cannot talk about what I've done, what I've seen. This weekend was no exception. Except that there are things that I can talk about.

This year is the 20th anniversary of the Stargate movie, and this weekend I held Horus and Anubis from the movie. The suits and mechanisms still had sand packed into them from the shooting in the desert. It was seriously cool stuff to hold these screen used 'hero' pieces. It was also cool seeing the mechanisms taken apart, cleaned, repaired, and rebuilt. There is also a video of me hold Horus' head as we did an servo test on it. Epicly cool.

So, the project that my friend is working on is that he is working with a movie prop replica company. Unlike the other companies that do the same thing, this company does so by going to the people that own the licenses, and have the original props, or the original molds and castings that the originals were made from. They are going 100% legit with the backing, support, and blessings of the people that were behind the movies and licenses.

So, they are making replicas of Horus and Anubis for the 20th anniversary of the movie, and yeah, I was involved in that. I helped make the mold that will be used to make the production replicas of Horus.

That's what I did this weekend.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Cool $h!t I did
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:42:36 AM »