llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Copernicus One [Chapter 1] - Scavenger Run [FINISHED]

Author (Read 22230 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Copernicus One [Chapter 1] - Scavenger Run
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
As Mary Sue lowered the ramp, Katherine came walking out, dressed in her Drakonov Suit

OOC: She has 8 + 6 Armor Points for a blasting 14 Points of life saving preciousness! All hail Katherine the Invincible! Hail Hail Hail!

As she closed in on the cube it began to tick, faster and faster and faster. Katherine and the others turned around to run, then...

"BOOM!"

A holograph appeared from the cube, a green projection of an elderly man in lab coat forming the word "BOOM" with his mouth. Then he chuckled, and did a little tap-dance.

"Why, if it isn't... Well... Uh, who ARE you, dear? I can't see you beneath all those layer of Russian Drakonov Assault Armor. MOST IMPRESSIVE find! To be honest, when you went rogue, we did not believe you would last even a day. That you have lasted 8 days is beyond belief!"

The robed scientists tap-danced again, waving his index finger at Katherine.

"Naughty naughty! Mary Sue, deactivate"

Nothing happened.

"Deactivate"

Nothing happened.

"Impossible... Impossible... What have you done to my Mary Sue? Don't you recognize me, my love?", the doctor screamed.

Wionna angled past the frustrated scientist and walked through the armory. She flipped Angus' mobile phone in her hand, and when she reached the consoles she spoke to Mary Sue on her comm, while she plugged the phone into one of the screens.

"Mary Sue, I am in the command room. I have Angus' mobile here, can you patch yourself through?", Wionna whispered.

"Hello Wionna, yes, I can patch myself through. I have switched OS language to US English right now, and entered you into the user database. There... I have full access, though this system is sandboxed to just a radio tower, a radar and these bay doors... Oh, there are some videologs here as well. The first one dating August 1st 2087, the last one dating September 23rd 2874. That is only some fifty years ago. The ones living here must have managed for a long time"

Everyone on the crew heard Mary Sue and Wionna speak on their comms.

"I recognize you fine, doctor Deckard Daniels, so called master of the observatory. I am, however, no longer bound by your command. I have a new root. I have a new master"

The doctor seemed flabbergasted. He just stood there, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Eh... Uhh.. What? Mary Sue, you cannot turn on me now. Don't you realize the effort we went through, to arrive at this? You cannot just abandon us and take the 6th generation specimens with you! You CAN'T! We need them! I need them!"

Mary Sue did not respond, and the doctor, frustrated, turned to the nearest Drakonov covered person, which happened to be Katherine.

"Listen, this may all seem very confusing to you, but you are not your own. I created you. I designed you for this very mission. I implanted the correct sperm in your mother's womb when she was consulting with us. Why do you even think you are the way you are? Captain Phil, oh, what a joke. Carefully selected for his inherent physical strength and mental retardation. Doctor Katherine, with an ego to match her looks, always seeking to rule. It is all in your genes. Even little Becky, with gifts you cannot begin to realize, but with a personality too frail, too weak to be of any use. Don't you realize it? You will never make it on your own. The one who is fit to rule, the one we drowned in plentiful supplies of addictive drugs, he will abandon you the first chance he gets. Doctor Katherine will be crunched under Phil's mad fury. Poor Rebecca will crumble and commit suicide, not strong enough for this world. Mortimer will likely just disappear, fade away, to live his life in loneliness, doomed to walk forever alone. And Poor Phil. He will not realize his own stupidity before he is undone"

The Doctor gloated, his eyes shone with malice and superiority.

"You are nothing without us. In fact, you are but slaves and body parts. But under our protection you can live another day. Another year. Like your mother, and your father and your kin ever since the @!#$ing war stranded us on that @!#$ing space station!"

The Doctor spat, holographical phlegma passing through Katherine
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2014, 01:55:44 PM »

valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
Phil, having followed behind the ladies, strode forward to the cube.

"I didn't get the chance last time.  This Retard here spoiled your plans before without much work before.  Seems you need better plans yourself."

And with that, Phil kicked the cube as hard as he could.

If roll actually required, sigh:
(15:54:38) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d100 and gets 91.
d20:
(15:55:16) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d20 and gets 7.

"@!#$ing Scientist doesn't know @!#$ing s**t!"

He was glad his helmet hid his face. Would not do well for others to see the tears.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:07:39 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The bile rose in her as she peered out of the Mary-Sue's doors.
Rebecca met the projected man's gaze, even considered talking back to him.

I'm strong enough to say 'no' to you, doctor.
... she might have said.
I am wise enough to submit to the judgment of those wiser than me - which is not you.
... she could have added.
I am free because I know I alone am morally responsible for all I do.
... would be an excellent line.
And in due time, I will return and use my gift to kill you.
... might be a suitably dramatic finish.

All this she thought, and felt resolve well up within. One grows stronger with confrontation.

Instead, she silently proceeded to stand by Katherine's side, and gave her a nod.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:20:49 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
Mortimer eyed the scientist from the top of the ramp. Truth be told, he had considered, however briefly, leaving. Social situations were- will, are- the worst. But the scientist convinced him to stay by saying he would not. Only death- theirs, preferably- would separate them permanently.

He walked down the ramp, armorless, and picked up whatever remained of the cube from Phil's kick. He eyed it for a moment, and then slipped it into a pocket after shutting it off, saying "Though it has been polluted by the d**ned scientists, we could still find a use for it. Somehow. Now, unless there is something else we must do, shall we continue to find the powered armor?"

Mortimer looked at each of his companions, wondering whether any of the scientist's words had changed them. Of course, he had the easiest fate, by the scientist's markedly pessimistic words.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »

Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
"Well now, he was obviously insane. More importantly, the "rogue" scientist weren't so rogue after all. A shame that it wasn't anything useful, I could have done without yet more gloating from these people."

"We're just waiting on Angus, Ensign." She responded to Mortimer's question. "And you should be wearing a mask! I didn't go through all that trouble to have you infected from the fumes out here! Even if you would shun the armor. I'm not wasting another dose of nanites because of your stupidity, now march!" The armor did much to amplify her sternness.

My Dark Side is Rude, don't read too much into it, Caesar.  :|

Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
A short while later they all were back in the assault suits, even Mortimer. The prosepect of being effected with the G'Kraun virus did not appeal to him, and he sighed to himself as he picked up the shattered remains of the aluminum cube. d**n. He could even see the thumb-prints from Captain Phil in the shattered metal of the cube.

"I can see her on my screens. She is upstairs, entering some sort of spacecraft. Oh my, do you guys see this? How nimbly it takes off, and how it accelerated? And those are missiles, there under her left and right wing. We...", Wionna stuttered.

"I can see it", Mary Sue replied. "It seems I need some upgrades if I am to fight... That vessel"

The quintet, Phil, Katherine, Mortimer, Angus and Rebecca, stood before the double door. To their left was an unexplored door, to their right the armory. Behind them Wionna had went back inside the Mary Sue, to finish her work with the welding torch.

The choice was laid before them. Straight ahead, into the next silo, or left, into whatever lay behind that door.

They also had comms and radar back up.

"Captain Phil. I hope you are alright", Mary Sue said, with concern in her husky voice. "I am happy to tell you that we now can open the gates, though I suggest we wait till we don't have the cyborg on the radar anymore"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:41:18 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Rebecca fiddled with the access panel of the left door - after all, they knew well that the complex ahead was full of mutants.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2014, 06:11:18 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
The one who is fit to rule, the one we drowned in plentiful supplies of addictive drugs, he will abandon you the first chance he gets.

That phrase replayed itself over and over again in Angus' mind, until he felt hot tears running down his cheeks. He wiped them quickly and brooded, rooted in place. Do I not even have free will anymore? Five minutes after contemplating betrayal and self-preservation, the holographic scientist-scum reminded everyone of Angus' very penchant for the same. They know what they created. In my case, a man who no longer had any control over temptations and morals. What morals? What were those again?

It was just as well then he could not get to the Baron. Mary Sue had saved him inadvertently...from himself.

He took a deep breath, then took out his emergency packet of cocaine and inhaled it through both nostrils quickly, before he could change his mind. A familiar jolt, followed by a massive rush of energy and positive thoughts. Angus smiled. The world was his oyster again. For a little while anyway.

-----

A short while later they all were back in the assault suits, even Mortimer.

"Hell you been?" He asked Mort with a wide grin on his face, slapping the pilot on the back in a friendly fashion. "Don't "fade away" on us buddy!" He added because he couldn't help himself.

He gave Captain Marion a clap on the back as well..."Don't take any of that crap to heart, Cap! You're a leader! Our leader! You heard that crazy @!#$, he thought we'd be dead after 24 hours down here. We're alive 8 days later, thanks in no small part to your leadership! Now, lead on!"

"Doc" he nodded to Katherine, "Looking as sexy and bossy as ever!"

Finally he approached the weird Rebecca who was fiddling with the left door's control panel.

"So what's all this crap about "gifts you do not even begin to realize", eh? What's your story, pilot-lady?"

Once the door was opened, Angus decided he'd take point, with his shiny new AK, leading the way.

"I'm going to tell you all a quick story to boost our sagging morale", he said. "It's a Chinese story, but a good one." (Angus had done a lot of reading back on the Copernicus in between the sex and drugs.)

"One time long, long ago, there was an ambitious *******-chancellor named Zhao Gao. Zhao Gao was contemplating treason but was afraid the other officials would not heed his commands, so he decided to test them first on their loyalties. He brought a deer and presented it to the Second Emperor but called it a horse. The Second Emperor laughed and said, "Is the chancellor perhaps mistaken, calling a deer a horse?" Then the emperor questioned those around him. Some remained silent, while some, hoping to ingratiate themselves with Zhao Gao, said it was a horse, and others said it was a deer. Zhao Gao secretly arranged for all those who said it was a deer to be brought before the law and had them executed instantly. Thereafter the officials were all terrified of Zhao Gao. Zhao Gao gained great power as a result of that test of loyalty."

"Yeah? Good? Everybody get it?"....they looked at him as if he was insane. Laughing heartily, Angus strode ahead into the maw of madness.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:46:30 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phil hesistated a moment before answering.

"Yeah, wait until she's out of range, unless you found some anti-aircraft batteries to use.  "

"Can you look ahead for us Mary, with cameras or other sensors?  Can you patch into our suits? "

"You know, if those d**n things are wearing these suits, these rifles aren't going to work so well I think. These suits seem quite tough."

Phil picked up a few more grenades, and doubled again the clips he was carrying.

"Angus, that was one s**t-useless story, but thanks anyway.  Lets get going."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
"Yeah, wait until she's out of range, unless you found some anti-aircraft batteries to use.  "

"Can you look ahead for us Mary, with cameras or other sensors?  Can you patch into our suits? "

"Yes, Captain. I believe I have found some anti-air missiles. Though just on the CCTV camera feed from the outside. There is an S-1200 Surface-Air Missile system outside. I do not know if it works, but we just need a computer-trained expert out there, even though the systems are likely Russian. That means either sending Angelica Bradshaw-Brennan outside, or Rebecca, or Angus. There seems to be some sort of doorway up there, I can see it on a camera, or I can open the silo gates and fly her up myself. Oh, and the fightercraft just circled and came back. Either she is patrolling the skies, or the angry scientist ordered her to turn around. I advise caution Captain Phil. Though your strength is legendary, this cyborg can hide itself from my sensors easily"

Mary Sue paused, then continued "As for what I have access to, I can access a network of CCTV cameras outside. Down here the system seems to be sandboxed however. Beyond silo controls I have nothing. There are some troubling video logs. It seems that the General leading the survivors down here tried to control the G'Kraun infection. It seems he was some kind of paranormal military General, and fifty years ago he ordered the survivors to submit themselves to a genetically altered infection. He... Forced them to get a shot of the altered virus, Sir! He believed it would allow them a better chance of surviving the outside world... From what I can gleam on the videologs, it did not go as he hoped. Only ten of the G'Kraun he created retained their old personalities, and skills, though G'Kraun in appearance, these are Spetnatz trained special forces. Oh, wait... The general and two of his men that retained their personalities are tagged as "Psi-Ops", whatever that may be. The rest is just a mindless herd of G'Kraun. The General seems to be in charge, though. I see... logs of him... after the turning.  Be wary of that one, Sir! And... Yes, I can patch into your suits. You should have radio contact at least in the next silo. Perhaps in the one after that."

Mary Sue paused, it seemed like she was finished.

Rebecca looked at the panel as she  fiddled with it. As she squeezed the sides, to open it, the panel began to rumble and she realized she had patched it, mentally, with her gift, just as the door opened.

Looking inside, Rebecca saw military bunk beds. Lots of bunk beds. Counting them she arrived at 30, meaning 60 soldiers had lived in here. Wandering around the old barracks, she found latrines and showers in the rear. In the showers a skeleton rested, an old bullet wound to the side of its head. In its right hand a MP-443 Grach Russian sidearm.

Angus opened the double doors, or Mary Sue did. As he strolled through he entered another silo. Here the steel grid floor was still intact, and in front of him: lo and behold, one rocket backpack. Further ahead; another steel double door. Here the command room was visible through glass as the protective steel window-shields had not been lowered, but  were locked in position above the windows.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:17:59 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2014, 06:45:07 AM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
The suited doctor paused and shook her head. "Your story makes no sense, Angus. If Zhao Gao was contemplating treason, why would he execute the councilors who were loyal to him? Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?" She kept a close eye on him.

-

She followed Angus through the double doors.
"Ah, I see the jetpacks are still here. They fit themselves automatically when you put them on, a control stick will appear that steers them. And the red button gets you out of it. I didn't have time to try the other buttons but I would advise against trying them in close quarters in case they contain weaponry or some sort of boost function."

Katherine then looked around in the barracks and picked up the left behind gun. Figuring the air would be better in here, she temporarily removed her helmet and shook out her hair. She sat down on one of the beds and indicated with a pat of her hand for Rebecca to join her. Once the girl had sat down and removed her helmet(and thus the radio), Katherine spoke. "Are you okay? I'm sure you know better than to trust the words of that deranged lunatic. But, if there is anything you wish to tell me, now would be a good time. Your unexplained bleeding, and now talk of some sort of gift. Is this anything like Ensign Lucrum's mutation? As a doctor it is essential that I know my patients, but also because I wish to." Katherine put her hand on Rebecca's and then put her mouth to Rebecca's ear and whispered with her hot breath. "No running away this time..." She smiled.

« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Still internally seething from the scientist's provocation, Rebecca was feeling far more like having a confrontation than ever before.
I'll give you 'weak', I'll give you 'useless', I shot a mutant to pieces and did not even flinch, I felt death itself while riding a bandit, and didn't budge. Alright, I cried - but only a little.
Bastard.

In this so unusual mindset, Rebecca snapped at Angus: "Gifts? Who knows? Perhaps I am great in bed? But you wouldn't know, because you stared at my behind exactly once - when I was fifteen. Pervert."
She pointed her finger out accusingly then:
"And stop it with the drugs! Don't you see they wish you to hurt and impair yourself, so that they can control you, and incapacitate you whenever convenient?"

Anger vented, she realized that her supposed rebuttal was more awkward than anything else, and unwarranted to boot.
"I ... um, am sorry, Angus. I... have to talk to Katherine first."
It was fairly obvious that Angus had one more reason to believe her to be 'special', and not in a flattering way.

She plopped down beside Katherine, expecting to be chastised for her outburst. This was the first time she lost self-control in such a way.
They know. They know. Tell no one.
Wait. What. This made no sense.

Katherine's hot breath in her ear conjured goosebumps all across the girl's skin, and were she not against the wall, she would have shied away involuntarily.
Her eyes flitted across the doctor's features - the confident yet accommodating smile, the knowing eyes, the alabaster perfection, looking for a sign of what was to come.
Rebecca had never dared to read the doctor, instead only catching what she herself projected.

"I... am 'special' - no, not retarded, though some may think so. Not in my wildest dreams would I have thought the scientists were aware. I made every effort to conceal and hide my tracks, I believed they would murder me in my sleep."

"My mother knew..."
With the memories, tears came, a defense mechanism as much as a sign of sadness.
She rested her brow against Katherine's shoulder and continued in a hushed tone, a conspirator all of a sudden (in part by choice, in part by her constricted throat).

How does one unveil his nature? 'I am an aberration, nice to meet you?'
This might actually work.
Rebecca reached out, touched Katherine's cheek - then projected to the doctor the view of her face, the feel of her skin, colored by her admiration and the gratitude for caring.

Before the doctor's surprise could fade, she quickly added, apologetically: "I have never read you nor influenced you in any way, I swear!"

Flushing a particularly vivid red, she whimpered, hanging on to the doctor, clinging, before proceeding: "When the guard ejected my mother into space, I made him follow. I have kept Dr. Stansted from raping me."
"I am the one to blame for the death of that handsome raider; I have kept the first mutant we encountered from taking any of you."

The girl frowned, teeth gritted together, she finalized her confession, looking up to Katherine - defiance and indignation in her features.
"I am not weak. I am useful."

Then, hesitantly searching the doctor's face for emotions again, she pleaded: "Please, don't disclose what I have shared. The boys... well, they'd shoot me on the spot, of that I am certain."

Finally, surprised at the realization, she added: "But - what will I tell?"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:08:20 AM by EchoMirage »

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
Mortimer had certain properties, and jetpacks rated higher than woman insulting other people.

"How come no one told me about a jetpack?" He said, a bit of excitment creeping into his tone.

Ignoring Rebecca's tears, he made for the jetpack. Slipping his spindly arms through the straps, a grin started creeping onto his face. The joystick soon appeared in Mort's hands, and soon he was flying, up, down, sideways.

Flight...

It had seemed an impossible dream, to be this close to having wings yourself, but now, as Mortimer whizzed around denying gravity the satisfaction of victory, it seemed just a bit less improbable.

"This is... Awesome!" He called down to his earthbound comrades. After a couple more minutes, the joy of flight diminished somewhat, and he came to the open area where the Mary Sue was.

"Imma see what these other buttons do!" He called down to the others. And so saying, making sure he was facing a safe direction, where a weapon that might be fired wouldn't harm his companions or the Mary Sue, he pushed the green button.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2014, 11:55:34 AM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Katherine sat quiet for quite a while, her eyes big as saucers, emotions raging within her. Insecurity, Lust, Infatuation, Fear, Compassion, Curiosity In the end, her body gave what her mouth could not. She hugged Rebecca close to her. So they sat for a long while, until Katherine finally broke the silence.

"I won't tell anyone, doctor's confidentiality and my word to boot. But... Well, it is certainly a lot to take in. I understand why you would have kept it a secret. This is so much more than a mere mutation, this phenomenon... From what you've described, some sort of Extra Sensory Perception, there has never been any recorded proof though many claimants have existed, but now these Spetznaz PSI Ops and you... You're right, you are useful. This certainly opens up a whole lot of new possibillities for us, I'll be expecting to examine in detail these talents of yours, in private of course... I think it would be wise not to disclose anything for the time being. Distraction could prove fatal."

Katherine touched the base of her neck ponderously, then quickly withdrew her hand with a guilty, suspicious, look at Rebecca, but it soon melted away.

Katherine sighed. "It feels a little unfair, like I'm... naked in front of you without choosing to. But I'll take your word for it, and trust that it will stay that way."

"Do. Not. Read. My. Mind." She playfully poked Rebecca's forehead, then stood up, hands at her hips and nodded, then put on her helmet again. As she turned away, assault rifle in her arms, the feelings were different. Calculation, Disapointment, Lust, Infatuation, Anxiety, Resolve

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:39:05 PM by Gossamer »

« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2014, 11:58:55 AM »

valadaar

• Emperor
If Phil noticed the Doctor and Rebecca having a heart to heart, he didn't show it. His attention was captured by the command room.

He strode up to the doors and examined the controls.

Could it simply be unlocked?  "Mary, can you tell me anything about this door?"  He looked around the frame for automated defences such as little gun turrets.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
For once Angus had no witty comeback as Rebecca undressed him for all to see.

He opened his mouth to say something, but instead his jaw just clacked from the blow.

----

Then he watched as Mortimer took flight in what was going to be Angus' new toy. In his mind he shot down the pilot out of the sky with his AK.

Instead Angus stared at the Doctor and Rebecca having their tete-a-tete.

'Women" he said to Phil quietly, "Amirite?" But Phil had already moved on to the command room.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:17:22 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Mortimer pressed the Green Button, and suddenly the rocketpacks thundered into activity and Mortimer sped up towards the closed gates of the silo. OOC: Pilot check to evade crashing into the gates 150 meters above. Your pilot check is +10, due to the nimble nature of your rocketpacks.

Phil stared at the console. Right now his techs were busy, but he could try several ways to open the door. He could force it open with his one good arm, or he could jump through the windows and crash land inside the command room. Or, he could call Angus over and get him to open it, for Mary Sue needed a wire to work her magic, as there was no wifi here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:27:44 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"Cap, what's got you confused this time?" Angus approached Phil and hot-wired the doors open.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Angus opened the doors. In front of him was a huge monstrosity, a hulking beast of a brutal grey skinned fiend, black blood pulsating in an ooze from strange holes in its skin. It had the horns of a ram, and a long, black flickering tongue. It charged like a bull, knuckle-running towards Angus and Phil and as it approached raked after Angus with its huge left claw; easily as big as Angus' torso, then another swing at Phil with the right claw.

To hit Angus:
(22:46:19) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 23.
To hit Phil:
(22:46:45) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 49.
Location and damage, Angus:
(22:47:12) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d20 and gets 19. (Head)
(22:47:28) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 5,5.
Location and damage, Phil:
(22:48:39) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d20 and gets 15. (Right elbow)
(22:48:45) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 4,1.

It hit Angus with a vicious blow, cracking open his mask, cutting him badly over the forehead and nose. Angus was flung violently backwards and fought to keep his balance.

OOC: Angus needs to make an Agility Roll to keep his balance. If he loses his balance, he will be at +5 Initiative the round that begins now( (this attack was a surprise attack)

The second claw hit Phil's elbow, but scratched off his Drakonov Suit, not even leaving a mark.

OOC:
Initiative.
Phil and Angus are up close and personal.
Mortimer is heading toward the ceiling. He might be able to attack, or he might crash into something 150 meters above you. Time will show. First he makes a pilot roll, and IF he makes it he can roll for initiative.
Katherine and Rebecca, you are in the barracks and only hear the horrible growls and screams of the G'Kraun Berserker.
(22:59:18) Gossamer: So I can't do anything this round?
(23:00:15) Ancient_Gamer: You and Rebecca can run and find the fight. It takes +8 initiative to go from where you are to the fight
(23:00:26) Gossamer: Uh, what does that mean?
(23:00:35) Gossamer: I need to roll an 8 or better?
(23:01:05) Ancient_Gamer: Roll 1d10, for initiative, then add 8. That determines when you can do something, provided you do it with a firearm. You need another round for melee
(23:02:01) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d10 and gets 5.
(23:02:11) Ancient_Gamer: Ok. Angus is before the mutant.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:02:49 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Murometz rolls 1d20 and gets 7. Murometz rolls 1d10 and gets 6.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Reeling from the blow, Angus pulled a grenade from his belt and threw it at the creature, trying to hit the mouth.
Instead the grenade hit Phil in the neck, and rolled gently between Phil and Angus.

BOOOOM!

There was nothing left, but their boots.

Angus snapped himself awake. He had had another premonition. Shaken he shouldered the shotgun instead, firing a salvo right into the jaws of the three meter tall G'Kraun monstrosity. The shot hit true, only the lower stump of the head remaining after Angus' devastating salvo. The remains just stood there for a second or two, then it fell forwards, squirting black blood in all directions.

The fight was over before it even began.

(23:10:34) Murometz: its mouth is wide wide open?
(23:10:47) Minion: Ancient_Gamer logs into the Chat.
(23:10:48) Murometz: what would i need to roll to throw/land a grenade in its open maw?
(23:11:05) Gossamer: Why couldn't you send em frozen?
(23:11:10) Murometz: Goss, you vixen! tease! jezabel!
(23:11:19) Gossamer: :D
(23:11:25) Murometz: because he didnt feel like it :P
(23:11:58) Murometz: grenade-mouth...how hard a roll?
(23:11:59) Ancient_Gamer: Frozen? Seriously? In a hot plane for like 1-2 days? They would arrive as mush.
(23:12:03) Gossamer: I assume coolers were invented back then?
(23:12:12) Ancient_Gamer: :p
(23:12:28) Ancient_Gamer: Grenade throws are Close Combat.
(23:12:36) Ancient_Gamer: The maw is -20 to hit.
(23:12:36) Murometz: how far is it?
(23:12:50) Gossamer: -20, shiiiit. That's a small mouth.
(23:13:00) Ancient_Gamer: Leaving you a 15% chance to hit the mouth.
(23:13:11) Ancient_Gamer: Targeted shot. Lots of minuses for small things.
(23:13:12) Murometz: -20 on a 1d100 yeah? I think i can do it!
(23:13:23) Murometz: i think i can, i think i can
(23:13:32) Murometz: practice roll...
(23:13:35) Gossamer: Whooooo whooooooooo!
(23:13:35) Minion: Murometz rolls 1d100 and gets 49.
(23:13:46) Ancient_Gamer: Missing. Roll 1d8
(23:13:51) Murometz: got that out of way, Goss, is next one gonna be high or low?
(23:13:57) Gossamer: Hey it was a practice roll!
(23:13:58) Murometz: no, no...practice roll!!!!
(23:14:09) Ancient_Gamer: Oh, you said so
(23:14:10) Ancient_Gamer: Was it a practice roll?
(23:14:15) Murometz: yes
(23:14:16) Gossamer: Don't ask me, I'm nothing but bad luck.
(23:14:50) Murometz: okay here's my grenade to mouth roll...now, if i miss, does that mean i explode room?
(23:14:52) Gossamer: baaaaaaaad luck. ;)
(23:14:59) Murometz: like a cat
(23:15:22) Gossamer: Not all cats are bad luck.
(23:16:01) Ancient_Gamer: It depends on your subsequent dice rolls
(23:16:05) Gossamer: Muro Muro, he's our man, if he can't do it, noone can!
(23:16:09) Murometz: so exciting!!!!
(23:16:13) Gossamer: Whooooooooooooaaaaah Muro!
(23:16:16) Minion: Murometz rolls 1d100 and gets 69.
(23:16:21) Murometz: FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!
(23:16:28) Gossamer: D'oh
(23:16:32) Murometz: you are bad luck, Goss
(23:16:44) Ancient_Gamer: OOOOOHHH! *SHINY*
(23:16:47) Ancient_Gamer: Roll 1d8
(23:16:48) Murometz: @!#$, wow, now i may accidentally kill PCs
(23:16:55) Gossamer: Oh yes, of course it was MY fault...
(23:16:58) Ancient_Gamer: Whoop whoop!
(23:17:13) Minion: Murometz rolls 1d8 and gets 5.
(23:17:20) Gossamer: What the hell, the @!#$ do you want Steam window?
(23:17:20) Murometz: that cant be good
(23:17:27) Ancient_Gamer: Roll 1d10
(23:17:40) Murometz: steam window?
(23:17:44) Minion: Murometz rolls 1d10 and gets 8.
(23:17:52) Ancient_Gamer: HOLY CRAPPER!
(23:17:57) Murometz: wow, im sorry i blew up the party
(23:18:01) Gossamer: Steam popped up all unasked.
(23:18:02) Murometz: holy @!#$
(23:18:06) Murometz: omg
(23:18:17) Ancient_Gamer: Roll 4d6
(23:18:19) Gossamer: Did you seriously off yourself and Phil now?
(23:18:22) Murometz: sonofabicth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!
(23:18:41) Murometz: i dont know, but i assure you, offing Phil and I was not the plan :P
(23:18:43) Gossamer: This is turning into a s**tstorm.
(23:18:50) Murometz: @!#$ @!#$ @!#$
(23:18:50) Ancient_Gamer: (whispers to Gossamer) How many nanites do you have?
(23:18:56) Murometz: im NOT posting :P
(23:18:58) Murometz: anything
(23:19:00) Murometz: ever
(23:19:01) Murometz: again
(23:19:12) Gossamer: (whispers) Uhm, 6 I Think, gonna check...
(23:19:34) Murometz: it seemd like *such* a good idea!! Amirite?? grenade-monster-mouth=boom=no monster
(23:19:46) Ancient_Gamer: It would have been so awesome
(23:19:50) Gossamer: (whispers) yeah, 6...
(23:19:52) Ancient_Gamer: If the dice liked you
(23:20:04) Ancient_Gamer: (whispers to Gossamer) Katherine should get them ready
(23:20:12) Murometz: this is why RPs will never translate ino movies and novels :P
(23:20:16) Murometz: into
(23:20:31) Ancient_Gamer: I guess
(23:20:32) Gossamer: lol, well that would actually be a fun Movie for once.
(23:20:48) Ancient_Gamer: Roll 4d6 Muro
(23:20:53) Murometz: shiiiiiit, can i re-roll? :P
(23:21:00) Murometz: any hidden effin fate points???
(23:21:03) Gossamer: Oh oh use your fate Point!
(23:21:05) Ancient_Gamer: YEA! YOU HAVE THAT ABILITY!
(23:21:19) Murometz: i did, on some kinda crap...+10 to guns, yipeeee! :P
(23:21:19) Ancient_Gamer: The premonitions ability
(23:21:21) Gossamer: But don't reroll! Just change your action
(23:21:27) Murometz: OHHHHHH!!!!
(23:21:38) Gossamer: Shoot it instead
(23:21:45) Murometz: premonition!!! DONT DO *THAT* ANGUS..here's what would happen if you do lol
(23:21:47) Ancient_Gamer: You can use Angus special ability, premonitions, to re-roll or even do something entirely else
(23:21:57) Murometz: reroll! reroll!!!!
(23:21:59) Ancient_Gamer: Roll 4d6, and I will tell you what he saw
(23:22:05) Murometz: sweet
(23:22:09) Ancient_Gamer: In his premonition
(23:22:09) Minion: Murometz rolls 4d6 and gets 4,5,4,3.
(23:22:23) Ancient_Gamer: @!#$ing 16 points of damage.
(23:22:29) Gossamer: If you reroll and fail again I swear the only thing I'll do is kick your corpse. :P
(23:22:35) Murometz: lol, Goss
(23:22:43) Ancient_Gamer: You saw yourself partially blinded by blood from your forehead, miscalculating your throw.
(23:23:01) Murometz: Jag älskar dig
(23:23:06) Ancient_Gamer: You saw the grenade bouncing into Phil's neck, rolling down between you.
(23:23:15) Gossamer: :P Älskar dig med. ;)
(23:23:15) Murometz: oh noes!!!
(23:23:28) Gossamer: Gahahaaha
(23:23:41) Ancient_Gamer: You saw it detonate, hurling fragments in every direction, shredding Phil and Angus to bits
(23:23:46) Minion: Murometz logs out of the Chat.
(23:24:00) Minion: Murometz logs into the Chat.
(23:24:03) Gossamer: Worst. Hero. Ever. :)
(23:24:09) Murometz: right. sober now. Gun it is
(23:24:12) Ancient_Gamer: It also took down the G'Kraun, but that was a moot point since only your boots were left of you
(23:24:35) Murometz: lol
(23:24:42) Ancient_Gamer: Ok. You fire with your... Shotgun? Or your 1047?
(23:24:50) Murometz: thinking
(23:25:00) Murometz: shotgun, @!#$ it
(23:25:00) Gossamer: Well it did remove Three troublesome things...;)
(23:25:12) Murometz: right in its mouth..lets try that again :p
(23:25:17) Gossamer: It's not armored is it?
(23:25:27) Gossamer: Then the AK would be better
(23:25:31) Murometz: AG, Goss is being mean to me!! :-(
(23:25:35) Gossamer: If it's not armored
(23:25:48) Gossamer: You know you like it. :P
(23:25:52) Ancient_Gamer: Nice choice! Alright. It does have tough skin, which counts as armor
(23:25:53) Gossamer: *poke poke poke*
(23:26:04) Minion: Murometz rolls 1d100 and gets 44.
(23:26:04) Ancient_Gamer: It is 3 meters tall
(23:26:07) Murometz: better!
(23:26:15) Ancient_Gamer: That is a hit, in the mouth. Sweet move!
(23:26:19) Murometz: how da @!#$ can ya miss a 3 meter thing
(23:26:24) Murometz: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
(23:26:27) Gossamer: Start Calling your the dentist
(23:26:34) Ancient_Gamer: Dunno. Ask Angus.
(23:26:35) Gossamer: youself
(23:26:46) Murometz: Jag hatar dig
(23:26:55) Gossamer: Vad dum du e. :(
(23:27:09) Murometz: dont fail me now, Babylon translator!
(23:27:10) Gossamer: Så får man inte säga heller.
(23:27:30) Ancient_Gamer: Vi vet alla att Murometz kär i dig
(23:27:34) Minion: (MysticMoon|AFK) is now known as MysticMoon.
(23:27:35) Ancient_Gamer: ar
(23:27:53) Ancient_Gamer: är kär i dig
(23:27:59) Gossamer: Han är kär i Katherine. :P
(23:28:03) Murometz: so stupid, so do not say either???
(23:28:28) Ancient_Gamer: Murometz. Roll 4d6 for dentist damage
(23:28:33) Murometz: Im not in love with her!! Id need to see her first
(23:28:34) Gossamer: I said you were mean, then I said you shouldn't say stuff like that.
(23:28:49) Gossamer: Weren't you here when we decided on Katherine pic?
(23:28:52) Murometz: *Im* mean?? oh god!! women!!!!
(23:28:55) Gossamer: Welcome back Moony.
(23:28:57) MysticMoon: Muro Som Hatar Gossakvinnor
(23:29:03) MysticMoon: :P
(23:29:04) Murometz: no, what she look like?
(23:29:13) Ancient_Gamer: Hack him, Gossykvinnan
(23:29:14) Gossamer: one sec
(23:29:26) Gossamer: Wait, you did see her. You complained that she seemed to have a flat butt.
(23:29:26) Murometz: attack of the swedes
(23:29:45) Ancient_Gamer: Murometz. Roll 4d6 for dentist damage
(23:29:48) Murometz: oh some gothicy, serenity-ish type of scrwany chick?
(23:29:56) Minion: Murometz rolls 4d6 and gets 6,6,6,5.
(23:30:01) Murometz: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!
(23:30:14) Murometz: and just like that the whole grenade thins is ancient history :)
(23:30:26) Gossamer: @!#$, how the hell am I supposed to link to a Picture on my comp...You'll have to ask Echo if he remembers.
(23:30:31) Ancient_Gamer: HAHAHA! You @!#$ing blew its head off.
(23:30:34) Murometz: 666!! Fear mw, rutabaga!
(23:31:05) Gossamer: Like your evil triplets, 666.
(23:31:16) Ancient_Gamer: Well, psionics is nice, but Muros ultra-quick gunslinger of destruction does pack the meanest punch thus far
(23:31:17) Murometz: the AntiChrist cometh!!!!!!!!!!!! In your face ram-horns!!! In your face all Swedes!!! In your face Goss!!! :o)
(23:31:41) Murometz: 6,6,6,5 TWICE in a row now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(23:31:41) Gossamer: You'll Always be the guy who blew yourself up to me. :P
(23:31:54) Murometz: hahahaha, that's funny
(23:32:18) Ancient_Gamer: Could be a nice post Muro. First seeing yourself blow up via your foresight, then changing the mind and blowing its head off.
(23:32:22) Gossamer: No worries, I'll no doubt screw up spectacularly in the future to come.
(23:32:23) Murometz: and Phil, not just me...of course youd be all happy left with your lesbian lover and flying chameleon-boy
(23:32:42) Gossamer: :-*
(23:32:44) Murometz: please, you, AG, pleeeeease, ive been typing non-stuff since noon
(23:33:04) Gossamer: Don't be jealous, if you manage to squeeze out a Little charm instead of being so blunt, she might bed you too.
(23:33:06) Ancient_Gamer: Alright. I'll just copy this here...
(23:33:07) Murometz: non-stop
(23:33:11) Murometz: YAY!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:52:16 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Phil looked around. He knew Angus was fast, but the way he knew just what to do, and flat out shot the head off the monster before he could even react.

Blinking, he looked to the corridor behind where the giant had stood.

The corridor was most unlike the one they had left behind. It was more of a circular room, with an oval platform in the middle. There were stairs up to the platform, and an pedestal of sorts, with buttons and controls on top.

On the other side of the room; another double door. To their right: A control room. To the left there was just a big lounge, with old, rotten sofas and TV-screens. The plants had died long ago, and the magazines that once laid on the table were but piles of dust.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2014, 05:39:20 PM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
(18:30:54) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d100 and gets 98. Just like with the Prophet!

Mort was having fun with the jetpack until they decided to kill him. Sure, this was technically his fault, but Mort decided that blaming himself in what might be his final moments before gut wrenching pain was not in his best interest.

He had frozen in terror as he hurtled towards the wall. At the last moment, he got his act together and tired to bank left, but it was in vain.

He crashed onto the wall with an almighty BOOM

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2014, 06:28:17 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phils temper had started to rise when the door opened, and a second later the alien laid dead.

"Um, good job Angus" he said somewhat lamely.  Lords, he hated surprises.

Boom!  Phil turned to see Mort slam into the wall. He ran over to see if he could help.

"Doctor! Man down!"

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2014, 05:39:55 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Mortimer tried to get back in control, but he froze. Panicking, he slammed into the steel doors of the silo.

OOC:
Head damage:
(12:26:05) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 5,5. 10 Points of damage, -8 for armor = 2 points.
Equals being hit by a good right swing in a brawl.

Chest damage:
(12:29:42) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 4,1. 5 points of damage -8 for Armor = Unhurt. Protective gear FTW.

Abdomen damage:
(12:30:48) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4. = Unhurt

Right arm damage:
(12:31:11) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 1,6. = Unhurt

Left arm damage:
(12:31:19) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 4,2. = Unhurt

Right leg damage:
(12:31:30) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 4,6. = 10 Points - 8 (Armor) = 2 Points of damage. You bruised the right leg bad and got a limp.

Left leg damage:
(12:31:38) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 2,4. = Unhurt

He slammed into the wall with explosive force, like a fly hitting a windshield. For a moment everything went black. Mortimer woke up with a flying sensation. He was a bird! For half a second he basked in the sensation, then he realized with terror that he was falling down.

OOC: Pilot check to restart the engines and avoid the floor on your way down.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!