llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Copernicus One [Chapter 1] - Scavenger Run [FINISHED]

Author (Read 13682 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Copernicus One [Chapter 1] - Scavenger Run
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »

valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
Phil surveyed the damage.  "Can someone get on that fire? Not literally of course, but we don't want to waste fuel."

"You know what they say about landings? Any you can walk away from is a good one.   Lets check everything out.  " A thought.

"Well, we're not in china, unless that landing was worse then I thought, so take us down from war standing Mary Sue."

"Good job folks! We are still pushing air out our lungs!"

Phil fumbled around for a map. "Mary, do you have any maps showing our objective? I kind of lost my bearings on the way down."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Dumpster....wall....open (now) warehouse.

Danger spots.

He scanned the area quickly with an expert eye.

Angus was fully strapped and decked out, (with old stuff *and* new), by the time he made it to the cockpit.

He patiently waited for Mortimer to unstrap and stand up then without ado decked the pilot in the jaw with a quick hook. The pilot reeled and went down like a lead weight. Wasn't moving now...

(ooc: rolled a 2 on d100 with witnesses)

"Number one, you fly like an ass-hole! Number two, you made me s**t myself!"

He calmed himself, and noticed Rebecca..."What?" He said defensively, "Well I wasn't going to punch you, was I? That left him." he motioned at the resting Mortimer.

Without waiting for Mortimer to come to, he looks at Captain Phil and mumbles, "Yeah, I'll get on that fire" and stumbles off.

"Don't go out there until i get back. It's probably dangerous...Cap'n" he adds absent-mindedly.

Angus was coming down.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:13:58 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 08:36:50 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Captain Phil stood torn between being impressed by what Angus did with puny normal arms, and a strong feeling he should be doing something about it.

But then again, that _was_ a pretty rough landing.  Well apart from Katherine's landing.

"Um, Thats going on your record!" said Phil lamely, already his mind was drifting towards organizing the away team.  No matter that it would be the entire team once the pilot came to.

His other instinct had been to punch Angus, but he simply was not angry enough for that.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 02:54:59 AM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Rebecca felt Mortimer soar an inch past her as the punch connected with his chin.
"What?" Angus said defensively, "Well I wasn't going to punch you, was I? That left him."
The girl managed an honest "Thank you" in reply, then hoisted the runt over her shoulder, and dropped him back in the shuttle. There was no sense in him catching a cold from the ground, getting pneumonia, dying on them and making them feel guilty. She might make him feel guilty later, if it was really necessary.

"Captain, I am so sorry, but he did not listen to me. I told him to..."
Well, what did you tell him to?
"You know."

But then, with the drama fading, Angus' burning anger turning to a frustrated and far more silent disgust, she felt the Earth for the first time.
'The scientists were lying! Gaia is not dead.'
She unfurled her senses and had to lean against the broken wall as the consciousness of the omnipresent life filled her with a vibrant hum, minute trails of of simple thought emanating from the verdant foliage draped across the ruins, echoes of distant minds flying in on the winds, the air ever in motion brushing across her face as she took off the helmet, a thousand fragrances dancing in elaborate patterns in her nose, the texture of the wall so rich against her cheek, the sun's light no longer lethal but made of the sweetest warmth.
Why, she would skip ship the very first moment...
'They still have the others. They will follow.

"I guess they would."
To get her mind back on track, she reached into the shot-up toilet for a packet of wipes, then followed Angus to hand them over.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:16:50 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 06:32:08 AM »

Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
The doctor climbed out of the wreck, holding her head. She proceeded to vomit loudly hunched over some debris, and then checked out her surroundings.

(13:13:24) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d20 and gets 17, Physique 15.

"Is anyone in need of medical assistance? Apart from Mr. Lucrum I mean."

After Rebecca's scan, she said.

"It would appear we landed outside the safe zone, and yet oxygen and radiation are both within acceptable levels. It seems like we were given bad intel."

She hunched down over the unconscious Mortimer and checked his vitals.

"Captain, were you given any additional instructions as per our return?" She said without looking up.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
"Well, we're not in china, unless that landing was worse then I thought, so take us down from war standing Mary Sue."

"Captain Phil Marion, acknowledged. Exiting War Protocol. Normal routines established"

And with that the light came back on.

Walking past the row of seats in passenger bay, Phil arrived at the bunk bed in which Rebecca had put the hapless pilot.

Mort was bleeding from the nose as Doctor Bradshaw-Brennan scanned his wounds. She needed her doctor's bag, so she went down the stairs to cargo-bay. Opening her locker, she retrieved the suitcase. Closing the locker door shut, she was about to leave when she noticed something strange. Partially hidden behind the green industrial plastic cover they used to strap large objects with was something made of steel. Upon closer inspection, the Doctor noticed it was a metal tube of some kind.

But Mort was in need of her attention, and with that thought she walked back to his bunk bed.

The huge Captain had been fumbling around, looking for some kind of map when he decided to ask the ship computer for assitance.

"Mary, do you have any maps showing our objective? I kind of lost my bearings on the way down."

The onboard computer replied by visualizing a 3D map holographically on the floor of the passenger bay. It showed they had crash landed some 30 kilometers off mark, in a formerly industrialized zone.

Kathrine Bradshaw-Brennan decided to focus on the pilot first, and with a sigh of relief she discovered that he had not broken or fractured anything. His jaw would probably hurt for a while, and he might feel dizzy, but she could get him awake.

Mort woke up with a start. Looking down at his stomach, he noticed a small syringe sticking out. "I'll take that", Doc Katherine said, and pulled out the syringe.

Angus had miscalculated the distance from the ground and up to the wing. Used to zero gravity, he had expected to float up and just grab the wing, but instead he fumbled about, jumping scant inches off the ground, making the slush in his pants run down into his shoes. A couple of minutes later he was assited by Rebecca, who lifted him up and then handed him the red painted double cylinder fire extinguisher backpack.

Rebecca was studying Angus as he struggled to douse the fire with his relentless cloud of white powder. They were gonna need a mechanic, she thought, when suddenly the motion sensor at her hip started beeping fast.

Picking up the device, she noticed movement within 1 kilometer, several contacts, 3...4...5 large objects, and they were approaching with a speed of about 100 kilometers an hour.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
"Captain, were you given any additional instructions as per our return?"

Katherine's question was easy enough, but Captain Phil struggled to find a good answer.

"Weeeell... Ummmmh... We WERE instructed to report at all times as we made our way TO the artifact or power source or what we are looking for. We WERE told where to land, and WHAT to search for. They said it was important that we find this thing we are looking for. Other than that? No. A lot of instructions, but they end with us finding it"

He shrugged.

OOC: Helping val out a little here, so he won't have to search the threads until his eyes fall out
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 09:14:50 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"Someone's coming. Quick, hide! It might even be the Servants, by science!"
She wouldn't mind meeting a Servant, truth be said, to see how they managed to live without Science and the Blessings of Nobel, but she'd certainly wish the meeting to be on her terms.
"They're approaching fast, a few seconds at most!" she chirped, then proceeded to dash into a nearby ruin, draping wild wines over herself and peeking out through a crack in the wall.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Sliding down from the wing, he was about to tell Rebecca about the mechanic's belt he found, when...

"Someone's coming. Quick, hide! It might even be the Servants, by science!" "They're approaching fast, a few seconds at most!"

Angus knew, he just knew, that there would be a welcoming committee, and he was almost sure it wouldn't be friendly. Just a hunch.

"Bad landing, bad intel, and there's always a third thing in these equations...like "someone's coming" for instance. This mission is starting off great, eh?" He asked Rebecca rhetorically, but she had already taken off. "Hey, don't go far! Wait up!"

He double-checked his already donned bullet-proof vest, then loaded the shotgun with a few shells. Finally, he palmed his grenades, just for comfort.

Angus went running toward the Doctor next...

"Doc, we've got company. If things get crunky, Captain Phil will probably end up smashing a lotta s**t! I therefore recommend you stay somewhat close to me, so I can protect you, Yeah?"

He didn't wait for a reply,

"Cap! Mort! We've got incoming land-bound bogies."

He readied himself for anything.

So now we get to see how the other half lives

Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 10:20:08 AM »

valadaar

• Emperor
"Mary Sue - back on war footing.   Sensor report on incoming bad-guys if you can, darling. I'm going outside for the meet and greet  - someone man the gun!"

On the way out, Phil grabbed his broadsword, taser and  shield.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:21:58 AM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
"Oww," Mortimer said. "Angus punched me, right?"

He sat up, and took stock of his surroundings.

"Wait, we're being attacked again? How long was I out? And who screwed up this time?"

He registered Angus's figure, and then said "And why the hell did you f**king punch me?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"Because! Because you nearly killed us all with your landing, and because you're the d**n pilot, and because I've my hunches about you! And because punching the Captain is bad for one's health! And because I don't punch girls!"

Pause

"And because I was having a bad moment back there, k?" He added solemnly "I apologize."

Those two words were so hard to say...

"Listen Mort, we got bigger problems right now. Have to make sure Cap Phil doesn't get us killed, introducing himself to the natives."

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:24:47 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
"I recommend that you stay down a while, Mr. Lucrum. There's a small chance you may have a mild concussion. Though under these circumstances that might not be an option, at any rate exercise caution."

The doctor then went back to her locker and examined the metal tube, she gasped audibly at the contents.

As Angus came in shouting his warning, the doctor followed. Stepping out of the spacecraft, she took position behind some debris but in plain sight of the incoming natives, she drew her revolver and loaded it.
"...Captain, I will assist you in case the natives wish to negotiate. I would advise you, do not try anything rash. Given our situation, I would surmise that no assistance will be forthcoming if you declared war on these people, and no doubt there's a lot more of them out there. Also, there is something rather urgent I need to discuss with all of you..."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:38:58 PM by Gossamer »

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phil laughed.  "Rash? Well, unless we're in China, which I doubt - quality of landing notwithstandin', we should'nt be at war. Maybe with luck the natives will think we are Scientists!"

Phil had no clue who was coming, things were a lot more complicated than he was led to believe this would be.  He felt vaguely uncomfortable about that. Guess he'd have to play it by ear.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"Anyone get the feeling we've been lied to?" Angus casually remarks, then grips his shotgun and follows Phil.
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Rebecca, concealed in the ruin, checked the gun in her hands - a fine piece, she had fantasized of shooting certain people with it since the moment she first saw it.
Bashful, half-concealed, barely not admitted fantasies, certainly, but so much more thrilling.
Now, it was trained in the direction of the unknown motion signals, and her senses reached out... back  in the silence of space, she was able to perceive the other mind across the black gulf of emptiness, and the memory of its presence thrilled her in an almost sexual way. Now, there was the omnipresent hum of Gaia's children, but still, she should be able to pick up the first thoughts any time now - and certainly once the strangers came into view.
AG, please feed me any info that I might pick up. Thanks!

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
"I recommend that you stay down a while, Mr. Lucrum. There's a small chance you may have a mild concussion. Though under these circumstances that might not be an option, at any rate exercise caution."

The doctor then went back to her locker and picked up the metal tube after examining it.

Katherine had always been clever, outsmarting all her family members and co-workers at the Copernicus, yes, even the scientists. At least that was she felt all the hours she had to suffer their scrutiny, endless scheming and sadistic little experiments. And now she was rubbed in the wrong way, this whole situation was, in some way, wrong.

Curious what was in that mysterious metal cylinder, she now realized it was far too big to picked up.

Gasping, Katherine uncovered a 7 feet long steel cylinder, and behind that another, and another, and another... In all there were six of them she discovered. There were no markings, no nothing, but when she bent down to examine one from above it reacted to the medbay key she kept in her front pocket.

"Medbay access granted", a synthesized male voice said, then a small square window appeared in the surface of the steel cylinder.

"Patient, Wionna McCullough. Status: Hibernation. Subject is in a dreamless state.", the synthesized voice spoke louder than she liked and Katherine reeled back in shock. There was no mistaking the red-head mechanic in the steel cylinder. Wionna. Angus' girl. In stasis. Here?

Holding her breath, Katherine Bradshaw-Brennan had to lean against the wall.

6 cylinders. 6 co-workers and family members remaining on the space station.

Aunt Angelica and Uncle Frank?

Captain Phil walked briskly down the ramp, wondering how he looked, if the grey Captain's uniform appeared as it should. He had been in an accident after all.

Angus ran after the Captain, and found him standing beside the green dumpster he had seen from the gunner's nest. If Mortimer was up in the nest right now, he would just barely not be able to gun him down. Not unless he somehow managed Mary Sue to shift position.

The Captain stood there, ballistic shield in hand, while Angus hid partially behind the green dumpster.

The welcoming committee was ready!

Mortimer sat alone on his bunk bed, his head hurting and jaw aching. It was pitch black inside, with only the War Protocol red lighting to dimly illuminate certain areas like the walkway from the cargo bay to the cockpit, and the ladder to the gunner's nest. While thinking about the Gunner's nest, he heard Katherine gasp with surprise in the room next door.

An old, old vehicle slid into the alley sideways, whirling up large amounts of sand in the process. It was a sedan, chock full of rust and four tattooed men sprang out of it's doors, pistols in their hands. Three seconds later the hydraulics of a semi-trailer screeched and hissed as it came to a full stop, releasing even bigger clouds of sand and dust. Phil could see three men jump from the cabin, tattooed in swirling black tattoo patterns the lot of them. He heard men shouting from around the corner too, and someone shouted something, in a language he neither understood nor recognized.

Fifteen men approached the dumpster, pistols and shotguns at the ready. One of them, slightly larger than the rest, with a black leather jacket and jeans, spoke then. In English.

"Cease and desist, soldiers!", he ordered Captain Phil and Angus.

"I come bearing a message from your masters. We are your new masters. Lay down your weapons and come peacefully. Keep up your end of the bargain we struck with your leaders!"

His english was thick with accent, like he almost swallowed some of the words, and he looked sideways to one of the other men, then exchanged a couple of words in an alien tongue.

Rebecca hid in the ruins, yet all around her there was sounds, thoughts, motion. She had put the motion detector to stealth mode, and saw men circling them, making their way through the ruins. There were many. She counted twenty with Angus and Phil, another fifteen climbing up to the rooftops and making their way through the abandoned buildings and rubble of the ruins.

She could not understand what they said, what they whispered around her, but she understood the thoughts they so foolishly failed to hide.

Circle the slaves. Capture the slaves. Capture the cargo. Get the gifts of the scientists from outer space.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:17:51 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phil was suddenly angry. The word "master" did not sit well with him. And this was not in his mission parameters, vague as they were.

"What deal?  We are the servants of the Holy Scientists, unless THEY tell me otherwise.  I will not take orders from the likes of you.  Now leave, before our ship carves you all into processed meat-like paste!"

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
"I don't think so...", the leader said, then he tossed a small ball the ground. It rolled a couple of feet, then stopped.

A hologram appeared above the ball, the unmistakable appearance of the head scientist, the master of the Observatory, springing into view.

"Mary Sue. Initiate Surrender Protocol. You are being transfered to our allies here. The man who just threw this holoball is your new master... Servants, lay down your weapons. Accept your fate and your punishment for the actions of your forefathers"
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
The betrayal was almost a physical reaction in Phils suddenly conflicted mind. 
Memories danced at the edge of his vision but they were unclear.  Hatred bubbled up.

He dropped his sword, and stepped forward as if in a daze, the word 'why' unsaid on his lips.

A moment later, he tensed his legs and sprung with all of the power of his cybernetics - a human battering ram with the shield at the front.

(15:46:28) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d100 and gets 63.  Close combat is 70
Damage - valadaar rolls 3d6 and gets 3,5,3. so looks like 15 points.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:57:50 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
There was no way of knowing what the doctor felt at that moment, but nonetheless she aimed her revolver towards the newcomers and fired.

(20:59:47) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 57.

But the shot came up short. She gritted her teeth.

"Everyone, fall back! Angus, get in the turret already!" She yelled and then seemed to mumble something to herself.

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"s**t" was all Angus said as he watched Captain Phil do his thing.

He didn't even consider firing the shotgun, but took off as quickly and nimbly as was possible, back his beloved Gatling.

Should have just stayed in the d**n turret, he cursed himself.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:17:07 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:30 PM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
Mortimer eventually stood, and strode towards the exit ramp. Angus barreled off to the Gatling gun past him, momentarily startling Mortimer, and he knelt to look out at the scene, his gun in hand.

It seemed that his fellows disagreed with the natives on some crucial point. How, Mortimer did not know. Of course, he should probably go help them. But before he charged down the ramp to deal death to his foes, fear gripped his heart. He had always avoided conflicts and fights and combat, with his fellow servants and the scientists. And staring down at Phil in the thick of combat, and at the doctor calmly firing off shots, Mortimer came to a sudden realization.

He was a coward.

But he needed to help his comrades, and so he moved his oddly leaden limbs to take the only option that he could bring himself to carry out to aid his comrades.

He tore off clothes, leaving his underthings on, and mentally began changing his very skin tones. Pigments and melatonin flexed and fired off, and with a certain amount of satisfaction he could barely tell where his hand was when he raised it.

He snuck down the ramp, his skin changing to match the background of steal grays, and circled around the combat to the back, keeping his eyes on the watch for something he could use to brain an enemy from behind.

(18:19:11) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d100 and gets 81. Thats for sneaking around the combat. No idea how much of a benefit my camo skin is, or how many bonuses I get since nobody should be paying attention to me and instead the person attacking them/the gatling gun, so tell me if someone notices Mort and tries to attack.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2013, 06:37:46 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
One second, the hologram of the scientist was telling him to stand down, give up, become a slave.

The next second he crouched like a cat on the hunt, and suddenly sprung the massive augmentations in his legs, hurling himself through the air like some human missile, with his ballistic shield at the front.

What happened in between the first and the second second had been madness, Captain Phil's sheltered world come tumbling down.

A few seconds earlier...

Dirk the Kildrasa smiled with satisfaction. The godd**n scientists had delivered it all. Slaves, weapons and even a blasted spaceship! And all for access to that building they controlled. The d**n scientists could have all the access they wanted. Dirk the Slaver was about to be upgraded to Dirk the Sky Pirate. As he watched the giant fool squirm in front of the fancy hologram, Dirk congratulated himself silenty. It was all going according to plan. The Baron was going to be so pleased.

Angus couldn't risk a shot. Not now that Captain Phil had hurled himself madly into enemy ranks, so he ran towards the Mary Sue. At the ramp he noticed that the good doctor had taken up arms and were now defending them. She stood with both legs planted firmly on the ground and held her gun with both hands, firing at Phil's assailants.

Then he noticed a head bobbing into view from the hole in the warehouse wall, behind Katherine. The gleam of headlights was reflected in a sniper's scope, and he realized that the brigands were inside the warehouse as well, attacking from both ends of the alley.

OOC: Rolled for "senses". (01:06:18) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 69.

Phil the missile hit the Kildrasa they called Dirk with the force of a speeding car. The tattooed would-be sky pirate was crushed against his shield, his nose pushed into his brain, both of his eyes popping out of their sockets. The momentum flinged his crushed corpse forcefully backwards into three of his own men who came toppling down, spattered with crimson droplets from their fallen boss.

Phil hit the leader like he had planned, but his momentum didn't stop there and he crashed madly into yet another man, breaking his flight. All of a sudden he found that he was lying down beside the second slaver, now dead from a broken neck. He sprung back on his feet like a piece of unstoppable machinery, picking up the bloodied shield in the process.

OOC: A bunch of dice rolls. Also a morale roll for the twenty men with Dirk (they fail their morale test on 73 or above) 
(01:13:16) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 11.

"Hij vermoordde Dirk, dood hem!", one of the brigands screamed and those still standing lifted their guns. Those he had knocked down moaned and complained, some dazedly fumbling for weapons.

OOC: Next round. This round Phil surprised them

Rebecca extended her senses, reaching for the minds of their assailants.

It did not have to reach far, and she felt the presence of two minds, feeble and frail, on the floor above her. She could feel them, sensed how they clung to the pistols in their arms. One was in front, approaching a window. He could see the roof of the Mary Sue through his eyes, could see the back of the slaver in front of him, long black hair, pistol ready and a sleeveless denim vest.

Then she felt someone very close by, a whisper of a shadow.
Mortimer.

Reaching yet further she sensed five men atop the opposite building, flanking the Mary Sue from the tallest brick building. One had a flame thrower, the others held shotguns and pistols.

They came from every direction.

OOC: Rebecca felt a chill go down her spine. Just a very minor sign of her using her power

Mortimer snuck straight past Katherine and Angus, they didn't even see him. He wasn't moving perfectly, no doubt because of his nerves, but amidst the thunder of gunfire, that hardly mattered.

The chameleon stood under the right wing, noticed that the flames had been put out. He heard voices, a lot of them, and saw a large group of men training their guns at Phil. Half way between the group of men and Mortimer; a cursing hologram. In the opposite direction he noticed a sniper aiming for Katherine or Angus. In the adjacent building he heard running feet and the shouting of commands.

Katherine noticed Angus as he sprinted towards her, but then he halted, his gaze fixed at something behind her back.

The hologram of the scientist screamed in fury, his face contorted with anger.

"HOW DARE YOU? YOU ARE SERVANTS! NOTHING BUT SERVANTS! LISTEN HERE, YOU FILTHY APE, YOU ARE MINE TO COMMAND! YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT ME! YOU HEAR WHAT I SAY, CUR? LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS, SERVE A PURPOSE GREATER THAN YOU!! I MADE YOU! I CREATED YOU! I DEMAND YOUR FEALTY!"
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phil did not know their plans, not did he terribly much about them in any case.

Why they had trained him so well in combat was odd, if this was their long term plan.  No matter, he would do his best to spoil their plans.

"The Scientist Lies! He Betrays!" he shouted as he sprung over the nearby Semi, putting it between himself and the horde of assailants.   

Or it seems, right into it :(  20:50:03) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d100 and gets 91.  Hopefully I pose a distraction. 

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®