llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Copernicus One [Chapter 1] - Scavenger Run [FINISHED]

Author (Read 10584 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Copernicus One [Chapter 1] - Scavenger Run
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2013, 04:33:02 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Mortimer sat there basking in the moonlight. His chameleon skin made him almost impossible to distinguish as he stared longingly at the white orb. Nearby a pack of dogs ran in circles around Rebecca, the weird young woman throwing a raider arm to the pack, that immediately began engorging itself on human meat.

Wionna chewed her lip, paced back and forth in an empty corridor. Angus hadn't paid her a visit in three days. No coke, no Angus.

It is that &^%$@, I am sure of it!

The distraught girl felt tears down her cheeks. She felt so bad, so miserable. "@!#$ YOU!", she screamed as she kicked an empty tincan down the corridor.

Moa looked around. Mortimer was nowhere to be seen. He had walked down this street half an hour earlier, then he just vanished. The reclusive pilot intrigued her, and she had felt so bad when she heard what Angus had done to him. Angus. That was one slick son of a &^%$@, if she ever saw one. She had never liked the man, and lately his actions had proved to her that all her instincts had been right.

The chubby engineer wheeled around. There was a sound in the darkness behind her.

Suddenly Moa felt very alone.

"I am so sorry, Angus. Surrender protocol has been initiated, I cannot comply with your request!"
http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,6713.msg80526.html#msg80526

Angus was so sick of hearing the same @!#$ing reply, over and over, he had actually opened his e-training programs and spent a few days researching AI systems and backdooring.

OOC: Angus spent a fate point increasing his computer skill. You said so in the flashchat. I don't know if you ever rolled the 1d10+4 skill points for the actual increase.

The guard sweet talked Mary Sue, like she was an actual lady he was trying to seduce, and the bemused AI replied to his questions in the matter-of-fact manner of a woman with Asperger. All the while his fingers drummed away on his mobile hacking platform, the device physically connected to a port in the engine room.

(23:02:50) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 2.

The screen flickered for a second, and Mary Sue quit talking mid sentence.

Issue command...
1 for system restore
2 for system reconfiguration
3 to run system diagnostics
4 to run engine diagnostics
5 to run shield generator analysis

Angus felt his heart leap. Those hours spent on e-learning had actually paid off, and he hit 3, then 2 a few minutes later. He learned that the Scientists had put a number of safeguards in place, then he reset the configuration and installed Phil as captain, but also Angus himself as the hidden system root. If push came to shove, he would be in command of the spacegoing vessel.

It tilted its head 10 degrees, then studied the plump human. She was afraid. Her thoughts leaked fear and, to a lesser degree, desire. A cocktail of conflicting emotions, a head messed up by years of solitude.

With a soft hiss, it levitated skywards, hidden in shadow. There was someone on the rooftops of this building, though it had not been able to see who it was earlier. It merely felt its thoughts. Right now, its concern was not with the plump woman in the alley outside the building, nor on the mysterious figure on the rooftops. Its concern was with that woman with the dogs, whose mind probed and searched in the manner it had never before detected amongst humans. No, never among humans, but once before, when it encountered another Prophet, and their tribes waged war. It was a war it had lost, and now it was alone, outcast, living in the shadows, preying on the unsuspecting. And here they were, humans possessing such a vessel he had never before seen. And here she was, guarding it. The human with these powers no human had the right to possess.

Phil cried on Angelica's shoulders.

"I told her I was the captain. I told her to listen, but she did not even acknowledge me!", tears softened Angelica's shoulder as the Captain released his tears of anguish and frustration.

Then came the thunder of rocket engines as both engines ignited simultanously. The repairs they had done during the week seemed to work, and Mary Sue was suddenly suspended mid-air just above the rooftops. In its ascent it had torn down parts of the alley walls, bricks coming loose and the walls collapsing in a cloud of silica dust.

Angus was back up in the cockpit when the radio flickered to life.

"Copernicus one spacegoing shuttle, this is the Baron of Rembrandtplein speaking. Please dock at our Bohr facility, coordinates sent digitally with this voice message. I know we have had our difficulties, but I have a proposition that might intrigue you. I also offer the services of our engineering bay at the Bohr facility if you are willing to do a little something for us. I beg of you, please consider our offer."

Then the radio went silent.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:40:45 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Katherine gasped as she noticed the clean perfection of her own DNA sample compared to the raider. The raider had been exposed to all manner of radiation, and indeed, imperfections were beginning to show even in her own DNA. But compared to the raider it was nothing.

The doctor let out a small scream as the shuttle rose from the alley, the ship's wings tracing a path of destruction in the building walls in the process.

Katherine turned the dial on the microscope, in her sights were a slice of meat, taken from the corpses of the raiders. She was in the process of comparing known diseases to the bacterial, viral, parasytic and nano flora of this new yet so old world.

"Mary-Sue, begin analysis of sample four eight ceti, please."

A pair of soft arms wrapped around her stomach and hugged her tight. After a quick look, the doc said. "Theo, this is hardly the time or the place. Make yourself useful and double check these readings. There's still a risk however small that we did not in fact survive first contact depending on the severity of local disease strains. We need to examine the crew closely for any divergent behavior and possible symptoms. If neccesary inoculations must be researched and administered, so less playie more workie."
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »

Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Katherine flailed her arms as Theo had to grab onto the table to stay upright. The doc reached for the intercom and yelled. "What the hell is going on?! A little forwarning please!" She let go of the button.

She sighed and gave Theodora a hand. "At least the ship is seemingly operational again. Now we just have to collect dna samples from the whole crew, I do not like the looks of these results."
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2013, 07:18:05 AM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
The night was colder than it had the right to be - not even a full belly nor the tangle of dogs around her gave Rebecca the warmth she craved. There was  something in the air. She looked up at the stars, made so distant and hazy by Gaia's breath. A shadow passed, briefly stealing their lustre - or did it?

Rebecca had brushed and braided Wionna's hair previously, and left her in a much more carefree mood... the can soaring around her head determined it did not last, though.
She approached, and stopped her instinct to lick her cheek just in time to transform the gesture into a slightly less awkward nose-poke.
"We are on Earth now, Wii, it's not just us few and two dozen treacherous scientists anymore. There is a whole world out here! And it's alive!"
What was one Angus compared to the world?
There were raiders, true - but then, they had to raid someone. The world had to be full of someones! Less full than before the war, but still.
She hugged Wionna, as much to comfort the distraught girl, as to shield herself from the sudden coldness of thought that the night brought.
"As soon as the Mary Sue is online, we can explore the Earth anew, and settle wherever we desire, with whomever we wish. Who knows? Perhaps we can reconquer the Copernicus one day as well?"

That was when the engines roared, and the shuttle soared, and her heart leaped with sudden hope.
"See?"
Rebecca had felt Wionna's infatuation with Angus - a thing she never understood; while he had some predatory appeal, the constant cloud of drugs over his mind meant it was discomforting for her to even brush it. With its artificial singularity of purpose, it appeared as a razor blade - not something you would press to your chest.
She prodded the girl lightly with her thoughts.
"It was pleasant while it lasted and enriched you; the capacity to enrich you is in other humans as well."
Carefree catharsis catalyzes grief and duress into nostalgic reminiscence and hopeful expectation.

This was no simple case, but Rebecca would keep it up.

"Come now, let's see the Sue, and discuss what to do next!" she grabbed Wionna's arm, and pulled her along.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Thrilled with his ultimate success, Angus was about to go accept pats on the back and perhaps a congratulatory hug from Captain Phil, when the radio flickered on...

"Copernicus one spacegoing shuttle, this is the Baron of Rembrandtplein speaking. Please dock at our Bohr facility, coordinates sent digitally with this voice message. I know we have had our difficulties, but I have a proposition that might intrigue you. I also offer the services of our engineering bay at the Bohr facility if you are willing to do a little something for us. I beg of you, please consider our offer."

Angus couldn't help himself now...

"Hi Ho, Baron Rembrandtplein! This is security chief first rank, Angus Justice of the Mary Sue. If by "difficulties" you mean that you tried to slaughter us a week ago, then yes, it has been "difficult" between us. We will take your offer under consideration as we fight over our canned rations, during this evening's meal. Angus out!"

Satisfied with himself, Angus went to find the others. He needed to stay busy. 3.5 days and counting minus drugs and booze. He was having "difficulties" indeed. Most of all, he was hoping to avoid Wionna.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:03:53 PM by Murometz »
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2013, 02:55:06 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
"Do not worry Doctor Katherine Bradshaw-Brennan. System control has been restored and my services are once again available to you and Doctor Theodora Sax", Mary Sue's familiar voice sounded from the speakers. A couple of seconds later the lighting was optimised for Katherine's research.

"I am so sorry, Doctor. When my systems were restored to operational status, the auto-preservation algorithm was activated and I freed myself from the rubble. It is so good to see you again, Doctor. Please notify me if you need anything"

The landing ramp was lowered onto the rooftops and Wionna entered the shuttle, awkwardly passing Angus on his way out.

Rebecca soothed her troubled mind as she passed Angus, but suddenly something drew Rebecca's attention. A blot of nothingness, a spot where Gaia's song was subdued. Quiet. Nonexistent.

Beccy looked hard in that direction. Felt the mind of Mortimer as he gazed at the moon, oblivious of his immediate proximity to that chilling darkness. While Rebecca sent her mind probing, she felt a stab in her mind, a mental thrust so intense she staggered backwards

ooc: The mental blast is so strong, Beccy has to make a willpower check. There is a 65% chance (036-100) that she drops to her knees, and a 35% chance that she involuntarily looses control of her bladder. (066-100). These checks are made with one single 1d100 roll.

Then she saw Moa waddle down the streets. There was something horribly wrong with her and she noticed how the plump engineer had drawn a .38 colt. But the real difference was her mind. Where Rebecca before had felt a conflicted mind bent inwards, introverted and insecure, she was now an otherness. A singular mind with one purpose. To kill. Then Rebecca glimpsed Moa's inner self, screaming, locked away and utterly horrified, having witnessed a horror like no other and then finding herself in hell. Unable to resume control of her own body.

Angus walked down the ramp, sidestepping Wionna who strangely enough did not kick or curse in his direction. A short bleep from his mobile device made him look at it. It was a message from Mary Sue.

Classified information for Root.

The Baron's network comprimised. Kernel level access gained. IP cameras and microphones available where they are turned on. Possibility to turn on more computers, at the risk of detection. Bohr facility files scanned and inventory counted. The facility is indeed capable of repairing me, and even enhancing armor, shielding and weaponry. My scan indicates that the Stavros Exoskeleton could also be enhanced with the Stavros Combat Armor extension and 20mm mounted shoulder turrets. There is also a leg enhancement for the exoskeleton, enabling higher speed, carrying and jumping capabilities.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
"Ladies", he mumbled passing Becky and Wionna...phew no confrontation!

"That's my girl!" grinned Angus reading Mary Sue's info.

Once he found Captain Phil, he shared the news and added, "What do you think, Cappo?"

Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Katherine blinked. "Ah, I was not aware those functions were offline, thank you Mary-Sue." She re-iterated her previous orders and then left Theodora to her own devices as she went to find someone to tell her what was going on.

She found Angus and Rebecca on the ramp. "You two, report." She said as she joined them.

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Rebecca was pale, her eyes dashing, teeth clenched.
Yes, report she did.
"Danger, heads down! In the window below Mort! Angus.. gun!"
She pointed to the fiend's hiding place, then dropped, shuddering at the hostility that radiated from the inhuman ... thing.
"Watch for Moa, she's not herself. Incapacitate, do not kill."

She could hold her own against whatever the darkness was - ever so briefly, eluding its monstrous power, not presenting a target which the hammer of its mind could strike, dashing out of awareness as she would on the station, forgotten to be terminated, oh, that girl.
Rebecca had dreamed of meeting a being like her, to connect in a way that was impossible with... others. But not like this!

Oh. Mort.
She briefly caught his gaze, and reached out, passing on what he needed to know - the feeling of dread, hostility and alien darkness that dwelt in the structure beneath. RUN!

Briefly considering whether to draw her gun, she instead dropped flat, and sought to guard her fellows against the thing's influence, lest they kill each other for its amusement. Trying to cover the guys from being mindfecked by the Prophet. I hope they pepper the location with bullets aplenty.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:19:56 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »

Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Angus.. gun! was all he heard. Clear mind, clear purpose. Whatever had spooked "weird Becky", the slightly less s**ttier pilot of the two they had, was no doubt serious. Phil could wait. Angus sprinted into his firing seat.

"Direction of danger? Window. Which @!#$ing window?! Commence peppering anyway!"

He fired and fired some more. Good to have his mind occupied.

(ooc: getting all windows, peppering all windows. Murometz rolls 1d100 and gets 94. @!#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:11:38 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Unsure which window Rebecca refered to, Angus fired 3 shots blind.

The end result was impressive and Angus realized just what power the turret held, for an entire section between two windows came tumbling down, mortar and bricks settling in yet another cloud of silica dust at the ground level of the building.

Mortimer's musings were cut short by a sudden fright. Blind panic washed over him as he felt the urge to run, madly, for his very life. It was a naked fear, panic so immense it threatened to overwhelm him, that washed in over him.

Then came the gunfire. Three immense explosion sounds, and suddenly the entire building was trembling beneath his feet. It sounded like the building was collapsing on the far side away from where he sat, and Mortimer whirled around to see that the Mary Sue was mid-air; her guns blazing in his direction.

Moa was greeted warm heartedly by Aunt Angelica, and Moa raised her gun in reply. One squeeze of the trigger, but the shot went wide and aunt Angelica screamed in terror and fled back indoors.

(00:08:10) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 89.

The chubby girl began laughing like a maniac

"DIE! DIE! HAHAHAHAHA! NOW YOU DIE!"

The Prophet felt its forceful mind being deflected by the most impressive human will it had ever encountered. Soon the female human had extended her mental shield to ward all of her comrades, excepting the vulnerable female the Prophet had dominated in the alley.

(23:45:27) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 6.

Suddenly the space vessel opened fire, and the Prophet shrank back into the shadows, fighting the urge to panic.

Its alien logic considered its options, and the G'Kraun mutant descended down the stairwell to continue the fight by other means.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:13:33 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2013, 06:56:21 PM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
Mortimer screamed in terror and made to run. That is, before gunfire started ripping holes in walls. Wait, Mary Sue was up? His head throbbed. He was so confused. What the hell was happening?

There was one thing for certain. This building was no longer safe. He grabbed his pistol and ran for the stairs, and blindly charged down it. Whatever was down here, whatever his comrades were shooting at, no doubt could be dealt with. A collapsing building, especially this high up, was not survivable.

He emerged onto the floor below. He had investigated the area beforehand, though not recently. It still retained that aura of the new and fresh and unknown. Of course, Mary Sue's guns weren't exactly destroying that impression. They were too busy destroying the walls and changing the layout to do that as well.

He glanced around the room, and, seeing nothing, found the stairs, revolver leading the way. Whatever was down here was going to get a load of lead. That is, unless he ran first. The heat of the moment would tell.

"Godd**n it," he swore, and then sneaked down the stairs, chameleon skin changing to the stairwell's colors.

(19:52:31) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d100 and gets 19.
(19:53:22) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d100 and gets 32.

19 for senses, to detect the Prophet/traps/danger, 32 for stealth and being awesome and invisible.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »

valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
Things had changed so quickly.  His Mary was back!  Her flight was a vision of loveliness.

So was chaos.

The ship's gun roared as Angus apparently declared war on the city.  Commendable if a bit surprising.

"Where's Moa?" Phil yelled through the comm.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Katherine reached instinctively for Rebecca and held her, scanning the building for threats, when she saw none, she tried pulling the panicking girl aboard the ship. She hadn't gotten far when she heard the gatling and exploding mortar. "What's going on?! Are you alright girl?! What was that about Ensign Lucrum and Moa?!" She yelled over the cacophony.

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Phil's eyes widened as the eldery Angelica Bradshaw-Brennan came crashing into the main room, where they had held camp the last week. He had never seen the grey haired elderly lady run that fast. As a matter of fact, he had never seen her run at all.

"It is Moa! She is mad! She is stark raving mad! She is trying to kill us!"

Phil's jaws slackened as aunt Angelica threw herself over an ancient sofa and rolled in the dust behind it.

Then the double doors burst open, and Moa Lejongren, totally insane, charged in. The plump female engineer was waving insanely with her gun, then, seeing as Phil was the only one in sight, trained her sights at him. She did had torn of her t-shirt, exposing dangling and bouncing pear-shaped sacks. Thin and flat at the top, with more volume at the bottom.

OOC: Charge of the femininsta! Roll 1d10 for initiative. The lowest (modified) roll wins.
(07:33:32) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d10 and gets 3.

Mort snuck down the stairwell like a chameleon on the hunt. He felt strangely guarded, like someone was there with him. There was also a sense of dread, of caution, that he did not understand. It might just have been the fact that Mary Sue's cannon was tearing into the building, but it felt like more than that.

Then his heart stood almost still. Four feet further down the stairwell, almost close enough to touch, he saw an eight feet tall person, apparently some sort of mutant humanoid, with long limbs and an elongated skull. Its skin was grey, its lips retracted; it was hissing, revealing sickly white gums and razor sharp teeth.

I sense you... both. Where are you?

Fear tingled down Lucrum's spine and he had to fight to control his breathing. The thing had slashes across its chest, vicious wounds that had healed, but what a fight it must have been. The thing looked like it had been through hell, yet there was such an aura of fear radiating from it.

OOC: You may attack. If you do so, you surprise it because you are cloaked / hidden. It simply does not know where to strike yet.

Being supported by Katherine, Rebecca was walking up the ramp, into the Mary Sue. Katherine had been screaming when the cannon went silent. Then she felt its presence. It was there, with Mortimer, and through him - with her. Her mental shield hid Mortimer from detection, and Rebecca saw through Mortimer's eyes. Gazed upon that dominant will, that Gaia source of telepathy.

Rebecca felt Mortimer's rising panic.

I sense you... both. Where are you?

Becky nearly choked. No longer was she beside Katherine. Her soul was with Mortimer now, guarding him like a shield from that horrifying will.

OOC: While Mortimer might engage in physical battle, Rebecca might do the same mentally. Rebecca is currently co-existing with Mortimer, drawn by her shield and the Prophet's mental power. There is no surprise, however. It knows your psyche is there, and you have no doubt it will attack you.

Rebecca went limp in her arms. She simply fainted, and Katherine felt the full weight of her body. Luckily she was not a big girl.

Angus had fired three shots in rapid succession and sat watching parts of the building crumble from his efforts.

"Are you satisfied with the cannon... Master?", Mary Sue whispered into his ear.

"Amazing shooting, by the way. I am not sure whether you killed whatever you tried to kill, but that building sure is done for. By the way, that Baron character is pestering you with several hails. I have told him to please hold. He does not seem pleased, nor is he holding, but I am keeping him occupied. Right now in fact."

Mary Sue played a short clip where he heard the fuming Baron demanding to talk to the Security officer, and Mary Sue nonchalantly informing him the Security Officer was in the middle of "urgent business". 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:12:15 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »

EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
"Whoa."
Apparently, it was possible to leave one's body? Rebecca possibly wouldn't need a mirror ever again - if she managed to overcome the fainting issue. She could feel the unresisting limpness of her body faintly, distantly.

What wasn't distant were the friends she covered - and the unbridled eight feet of malice eight feet ahead of Mort.
She was a blanket, an obscuring mist, a cloak around their shoulders.
Perhaps I could whisper?
Perchance I could point?

She was still learning - at the station, she dared not to draw attention, dared not come forth.
But what was shyness and caution in the face of survival?

"Do not be scared, but be alert..." she whispered.
Through her consciousness, she spread an awareness to those she warded, information within the proverbial arm's reach within their mind, freely available, of the beast's location within the structure, its appearance, and of Mort's proximity, to keep Angus from feeding him a stray stream of bullets.
They know now where it is, and what it is.
Dangerous, physically but also mentally.
She added a vision of Moa, with puppet strings attached, pulled by the beast's clawed hand.

Then, it was time to defend herself, and her mind ducked and waved and swirled, darting hence and forth, to delay the monster until the others could intervene.
Full telepathic defense to weather the G'Kraun's assault and cover your butts guys. It's up to you to do the killing.

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phil was caught off guard by the crazy ladies assault as she fired.  He threw himself at her, seeking to disarm the crazy &^%$@.  Hopefully not too many bones would be broken..

Init roll 6, so hopefully Phil survives to knock her into next week.  Have 1 point of crappy armor - maybe that helps.
09 on analog die roll for body check.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:37 AM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
Where was the other person? Mortimer wondered. The thing had said two others were here, so where was that person? Maybe this... Thing was insane or something. Yeah, that had to be it. Whatever the case, Mortimer thanke- well, science was the scientist's god,and since they had screwed him over, he didn't feel like honoring it. The moon would serve as his goddess.

He thanked the moon for his chameleon skin, since the thing hadn't noticed him yet, and slowly raised his gun and aimed for the creature's head. And after a long moment of indecision, he fired.

for my shooting, I get a: (12:19:22) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d100 and gets 97.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Katherine picked up and carried Rebecca back to the infirmary, she stumbled for a second and shook her head in disbelief before she placed Rebecca down on a slab. The doc grasped her head, after a query from Theo she responded. "I'm...I'm fine. She fainted all of a sudden. There's something really strange going on. Check her vitals, I have to go... check something out..."

She stopped by her locker to fetch her revolver and to don her personal armor, then she ran past the opening to the turret hole and yelled up at Angus. "Stop firing that thing, Ensign Lucrum is in the building, we're going in! Mary-Sue, take us topside of that building Angus just peforated!"

She loaded her revolver and once the ship reached the roof, she nodded at Angus, jumped off the ramp and ran down the stairway with a quick look at every floor as she passed them.

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
(22:59:26) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 2.
(22:59:50) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d10 and gets 9.
(23:00:05) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d20 and gets 18.

The stark raving mad woman, Moa Lejongren, fired her Colt revolver at Phil just as he sprung through the air towards her. The bullet bit deep in his left shoulder, and Phil screamed in pain. He tried to lift both arms as he crashed into her, but his left arm was no longer his to command, and looking down Phil saw blood oozing from the bullet wound.

OOC: 9 points of damage, -1 for armor. The left arm cannot be used and Phil is bleeding profusely.
Also: You sprung into Moa for 2d6 damage.

Moa was hysterical as the  giant crashed into her, and together they rolled over the floor, into the door she had come barging through.

(23:08:16) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 30.
(23:08:24) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 2d6 and gets 6,6.

Mortimer flinched as he heard a hard click when he squeezed the trigger. It was a dud. In that moment the Prophet shifted his gaze, his dirty white bloodshot eyes fixing upon the chameleon skinned pilot.

Fancy custom mutation, human. Now you die! 

The eight feet tall monstrosity lunged at Mortimer, its razor sharp teeth opening in a dreadful hiss. It lifted the lithe pilot into the air and pulled with its clawed limbs, its claws digging deep into the pilot's arms.

OOC: 6 points of damage to the left arm, 6 points of damage to the right arm. Mortimers arms are now limp and useless, and the Prophet is continuing to tear him apart next round.

(23:07:01) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d100 and gets 22.
(23:07:09) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d10 and gets 3.

The Prophet's psyche hammered into Rebecca's defenses time and time again, but her shield held. Rebecca was tiring fast, however, and she felt that this was a losing battle. She felt despair at Mortimer's plight, yet hope as she sensed that Katherine, Angus and Wionna had arrived.

Theodora gasped in shock and surprise as a blood vessel burst in Rebecca's left eye. Her iris had rolled into the back of her skull, and soon a crimson tear trickled down the female pilot's cheek.

OOC: I know there is a power outage where Murometz is, but my bet is that he follows Katherine down the stairs. If he does not, I will rewrite this post.

Katherine did not have to run far to find an unsettling scene. A towering grey skinned monstrosity had lifted Mortimer into the air, crushing him against the ceiling while trying to pluck his arms from his body, like a child would dissect a fly. Its claws had dug into Mortimer's skin, and he was bleeding profusely.

Katherine, then Angus ran down the ramp. Everything was happening so fast, but Wionna felt sick to the core of her being as Angus ran by. She flinched visibly as the handsome security officer appeared, then felt utterly empty as he disappeared. She grabbed a Colt and ran after the couple.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:40:23 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Coming upon the alien monstrosity holding Mortimer aloft, Katherine froze for a second or two, but her combat training paid off and she raised her revolver, took aim and shot the thing right in the chest, it winced and shrieked from the impact and dropped Mortimer who tumbled down the stairs.

(23:34:55) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 52.
(23:35:08) Gossamer: Woof....just 2 below.
(23:35:21) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d10 and gets 8.
(23:35:28) Gossamer: 10 damage
(23:35:30) Ancient_Gamer: Nice!
(23:35:45) Ancient_Gamer: roll a d20 as well, so I know where you hit
(23:35:54) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d20 and gets 12.
(23:36:03) Ancient_Gamer: Chest. Already hurt.
(23:36:08) Ancient_Gamer: Nice!

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2013, 06:13:01 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor

(20:08:45) Minion: valadaar rolls 2d6 and gets 3,6. + 4 =  13 points damage. I might have broke her.

Phil, seeing red with fury, reached out with his remaining arm to grab the hand holding the gun.

55 on my roll, once I get to do so again.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2013, 08:39:46 PM »

caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
Mortimer screamed in pain. He tried to move his arms to push this thing off him, and he almost felt them move, but when he looked down they were limp and bloody and useless. He could almost feel shock take its cold grasp on him, but then there was a bang, and the thing dropped him, and he rolled down the stairs.

At the bottom, he lay there, looking at the ceiling and the sounds of battle above, and a couple of times tried to move, to at least witness the battle with his eyes, but he never tried hard enough to actually succeed. And so he lay there, bleeding, occasionally whimpering from the pain. His last thought, before fading away into unconsciousness, was to use his chameleon skin to hide himself, in case the thing came back.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2013, 01:35:43 PM »

Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Mortimer hadn't more than dropped a few inches when Katherine fired again, the bullet ripped through the creature's abdomen where the liver would be situated in a human, black ooze shot out in a burst and down it went, stumbling down after Mortimer. The doc descended the stairs, again quickly checking every floor before moving on to the the next one.

She reached the bottom landing where the creature now laid splayed, but there was no trace of Mortimer.

"Ensign Lucrum?" Katherine shouted in query, she stood and swept the area with both gun and gaze.

(20:30:46) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d10 and gets 3. (Initiative)
(20:30:53) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d20 and gets 13. (Part of body, chest)
(20:31:00) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 35. (Hit)
(20:31:22) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d10 and gets 8. (Damage +2, total of 10)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:08:40 PM by Gossamer »

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »

valadaar

• Emperor
Phil cursed as he disarmed Moa and tucked her gun into his waist.  The bleeding was bad and he used his remaining hand to apply pressure to the wound.

"A little help here?" He said.  One little @!#$ing bullet...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®