llamaenterhear

You are Here:
Copernicus One: Character Creation

Author (Read 5993 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Re: Copernicus One: Character Creation
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
nicely done Gossy! Skill increase followed by a decent shot.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Hidden away in an abandoned parking basement:
1 x Semi-Trailer, good condition
1 x Rusted Sedan, bad condition
1 x Hummer, dented and missing doors
1 x Landrover, good condition
1 x Red Wrangler Jeep, Mint condition

The entrance to the basement was blocked by car wrecks carried there by Phil and Angus (Angus wore the Stavros Suit)

Note:
These items have very high bartering value.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Fate Points adjusted

NOTE:
Murometz spent 1 fate point bumping up his science skill (to hack the Mary Sue). The bump payed off, and he hacked her, but Angus have not gotten the Science 1d10+4 skill points he deserve.

I therefore urge Murometz to roll the increase and put the points on Angus.

This is my second urging, and I hope he reads this.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
caesar193: Could Mort get himself another perk for a fate point?
Ancient Gamer: Yeah.
caesar193: And would it cost a fatepoint if I got one of my buddies to teach me stuff to raise a skill?
Ancient Gamer: Nah, you get skill points as an award after missions, in the manner of xp in other roleplaying games. You can spend them instead... or fate points. Either way, that is the two options you have.
Gossamer: But you can train skills given time, yes?
Ancient Gamer: Yeah, that is right. You can train stats, or skills, given time, and a proper mentor. Self study is also possible, but might take longer and might even decrease your skilll
caesar193: So if Mort convinced Katherine to teach him first aid (aka, increase his medical skill), how much of an increase would that be?
Ancient Gamer: Depends on how much time he use on learning first aid, really
Ancient Gamer: I'd say he can learn 1d6 skill points per week. He than have to roll 1d100, and get above his skill. So the more he learns, the harder it is to learn more.
Ancient Gamer: That means Katherine and Mortimer spends all their time training medical that week. 8 hours a day.
Gossamer: Cool. I don't suppose we could roll for that retro-actively?
Gossamer: ALL their time?
Ancient Gamer: 8 hours a day, with breaks and eating.
Gossamer: Could he train me in something while I train him?
Ancient Gamer: No
Ancient Gamer: But this is the perfect thing to do if you decide to settle down somewhere for a longer period of time.
Gossamer: What would the trainer get out of the deal then? Could they heighten the same stat?
Gossamer: What would the trainer get out of the deal then? Could they heighten the same stat?
caesar193: Money from the student
Gossamer: What use would money be...
Ancient Gamer: No. Teaching what you already know is teaching what you already know. In a barter economy, that usually means you want something in return. Perhaps a mutual training session, training each other in different skills.
Gossamer: That's what I meant by learning something while teaching. Besides, when you teach a skill, you can sometimes find out about things you didn't know.
Gossamer: I did this when I taught English, and I do it now when I teach Moon Swedish.
Gossamer: How bout a d4 and then 1d100 same deal?
Gossamer: d2, d3?
Ancient Gamer: Perhaps you learn minor things. I think the rate of learning would soar if you went to learn from an English major instead. Beside, you are already pretty awesome at English. It is harder to teach you something, than teaching a complete English noob
Ancient Gamer: No.
Gossamer: It still would mean that the teacher wastes a whole week, with no gain.
Gossamer: Where's the incentive in that.
caesar193: The student could teach the teacher the next week
caesar193: Role reversal
Ancient Gamer: Well. If Mortimer gives Katherine a hand grenade for the effort, she got a hand grenade from the effort. If Mortimer taught Katherine something about subterfuge in return, she would be a better thief.
Gossamer: IF we get two weeks, yes.
caesar193: Mort could show Katherine a good time, like with Melior and Meleana
Ancient Gamer: If you teach Mortimer for a week, there is no guarantee that the effort will be returned. True.
caesar193: :)
Gossamer: Yeah that's not really what I call a reward. :P Everyone wants to get with Kath anyways.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 01:00:20 PM »

EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Hey guys. I am dumping a Fate Point into Telepathy.
First point spent, yay!

AG, can you please decrease my total by 1, and PM me about what the improvement does?
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 02:06:01 AM »

Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Only characters who chose Psionics to start with, or characters who meets a telepath level 5 who helps them, can choose psionic perks.

Psi-Points Base = Intellect/Will x1
Chance of Success = Intellect / Will vs Intellect / Will

Telepathic Perks
Telepathy Level 1: Cost 1FP. Can use telepathy: Mind control. Mind Merge (to help friendlies). Mental Projection. Mental Shield. Mind Read. Mind Speech. Possession. Mind Illusion. Audible Illusion. Influence (Doubles communication with target). Combinations of these are possible.
Telepathy Level 2: Cost 1 FP. Intellect/Will +2
Telepathy Level 3: Cost 1 FP. Intellect/Will +2 (Total + 4). Psi-Points + 5. Mind Scream (affects everyone with 1-3 stun rounds)
Telepathy Level 4: Cost 2 FP. Intellect/Will +2 (Total + 6). Psi-Points + 15. Mass Possession.
Telepathy Level 5: Cost 3 FP. Intellect/Will +2 (Total + 8). Psi-Points + 30. Open Mind (Intellect/Will x 1 chance that student learns telepathy. The same chance he learns telekinesis). Damage Intellect. Permanent Blindness. Permanent Deafness. Mind Restore.

Other Telepathic Perks (1FP)
Mind Pierce: +10 Intellect on telepathic attacks
Mind Fort: +10 Intellect on telepathic defense

Telekinetic Perks
Telekinesis Level 1: Cost 1 FP. Strength of 10 year old child. Max 20 kilos. Can use telekinesis: Lift. Throw. Manipulate Objects. Crush. Pull. Examples: Open an unlocked door. Throw a small rock. Attempt to pick a lock (Agility x 1 chance on 1d100).
Telekinesis Level 2: Cost 1 FP. Strength of 20 year old. Max 60 kilos. Levitate up to 60 kilos. Examples: Throw a medium sized rock.
Telekinesis Level 3: Cost 1 FP. Strength of very strong 20 year old. Max 120 kilos. Examples: Throw a sofa. Hurt an opponent = 1d8 damage. 
Telekinesis Level 4: Cost 2 FP. Strength of a grown gorilla. Max 300 kilos. Examples: Collapse the ruins of a building. Hurt an opponent = 2d6 damage.   
Telekinesis Level 5: Cost 3 FP. Strength of an elephant. Max 1500 kilos. Examples: Tear down a cave ceiling. Tear down a tree. Lift a car. Hurt an opponent = 4d10 damage

Other Telekinetic Perks:
Telekinetic Shield: Follows the telekinetic levels of the psionic. Gives 3 x Telekinetic level Armor Points. Thus a 5th level telekinetic can raise a 15 Armor Point force field.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:15:26 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!