llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC: Tales of Misadventure  (Read 23871 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: OOC: Tales of Misadventure
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
So can I do both for each spell, or one or the other for each spell? Like can I scribe down Dispel Magic, then when I get into the climactic duel with the cyclops, cast the Dispel Magic through the scroll to allow my minions to flank him? From what you put, I get the impression that I can do both, but the "once each" bit threw me off.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2013, 01:35:59 PM »
Yes, you can copy them all over into your spell-book first, so going forward those spells will be part of your permanent selection.

And additionally,

You can cast each once from the actual scroll anytime, with percentage chances of failure.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2013, 05:39:48 PM »
Lumina Kismet
(Lumina being a title or address, not a given name)

The throne of Erkenbrand Karellion was seized by a trio of usurpers, and the youngster, but fifteen at the time, could flee only by the virtue of his advisor's spells, casting him to realms chaotic and unknown, where the assassins would not follow.

The Erkensang tells of his return, as popular as four hundred years ago: it took twelve years before the king returned as a grown man, an army at his back. And what army that was! Tryamador the three-headed dragon, the wizard sisters Feyur and Farrah, the risen knights of Ulfholm, and many more, one more colorful than the next.
Unmistakable, as if made from liquid light, the Luminae stood at his side; throughout the centuries following his return, they have been loyal to his line and legacy.
I it said that in the outer realms, Erkendbrand earned the love of a goddess - who, when she learned what death was, sent her dreams to steward her beloved upon his return, and those of his blood as well, for the reminiscence they bore to the adventurer-king.

Ever since, the temple deep within the heart of Brandburg sees eggs appear from pillars of ethereal light. From these, the Luminae come forth - few in times of peace, more numerous when the need is dire. Each one is gifted, no doubt, and loyal to their sovereign, ready to serve with blade, spell and counsel.

Kismet
… is one of the king's outriders, cunning and relentless, a valkyrie vindicator of his will. Twenty winters old, Kismet loves the bliss that life can bring, whether the savage thrill of combat, the joy of the hunt or the throes of passion - as if she was cathing up for a past life, or subconsciously believing her life is to be short.
In love with the king's son, yet forever d**ned to be at most a mistress, for a Lumina cannot bear a human's child, Kismet strives to excel and to bring the wrath of the crown upon its enemies instead.

Appearance
Tall and lean, Kismet is hardened by combat and the saddle. Every Lumina is slightly different - both by birth and by choice. In Kismet's case, this is evident from her hair, or rather head-tendrils ablaze with color (preferrably red) Two of these tendrils are far thicker and resemble horns, are mobile though, and bear each a row of tiny eyes along their length. Her spine continues into three slender prehensile tails, each with a pad with suction cups at its end.
Each Lumina bears calligraphic writing in an unknown tongue across her body, usually barely visible, but can be suffused by inner light to bring it forth.

Race:
Swift:         Luminae are built for speed, and gain +1 to Dex but -1 to Con.
Flexible:    Luminae have very flexible bodies - and may appear to be boneless at times.
They can contort into tight spaces, escape manacles and extend or bend their limbs at unnatural angles, but are less suitable for bearing heavy loads.
Malleable:    Luminae can shape their soft tissues given enough time (i.e. days) and
material, e.g. to become more slender or to fill out, regrow an eye or tongue, and so on.
Inner Light:    A Lumina may bring her body to glow akin to a Light spell at will.
Lightsinger:    A Lumina may alter light in subtle ways in a 5 ft cube / level.
Possible applications: bending light to make a torch into a 'hooded' lantern; creating dancing wisps of light; bending sun light at a cave's mouth to shine inside; color light; insert immaterial prisms or lenses into its path. This ability cannot manipulate light sufficiently to cause harm, to blind, or to create convincing illusions or to cause invisibility.

Stats:
Strength:         18/96
Dexterity:         10
Constitution:    10
Intelligence:     11
Wisdom:          15
Perception:      11
Charisma:        10
Comeliness:     12

Class (Nonhuman multiclass):
Fighter 3     
Cleric 4   

Weapon proficiencies:
Bastard Sword    +++
Longbow        ++

THAC0: 18
Strength bonus to hit: +2
Strength bonus to damage: +5
Proficiency bonus to hit: +3
Proficiency bonus to damage: +3
Bastard Sword +2
Melee attack: +7 / 2d4 + 10
(3/2 attacks)
(+7 / 2d8 + 10 vs. large)

Ranged Attack: +1 / 1d8+2
(3/2 atacks)

Armor class: 2 (plate + shield)

Hit points: 21

Spells:
Level 1:    5
Level 2:     3

Memorized:
Level 1:
*Protection from Evil
*Command
*Cure Light Wounds x 2
*Detect Magic

Level 2:
*Hold Person
*Silence 15 ft
*Resist Fire

Non-weapon proficiencies
Bardic Lore
Knowledge: Religion
Riding
Tracking
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
Killed
Stunjelly
Found
Helm (?)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »
Ardhalas' Identify spell results: (sneaky!)

Electrum, wing-motif, bronze nasal-bar, helm: Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic (What an awful, wordy, name for a magic item, I know! But its straight out of the original DMG :P)

Thorgir: nada
Somnak: Wooden ball on rope necklace amulet. +2 to saves vs magic (+4 vs charm/suggestion), Potion of Healing (2 doses 6-10 each)
Melior the Genius: Cloak of Displacement(!), Scroll of Spells (knock x 2, dispel magic, clairvoyance, wall of ice, stone to flesh) cast at the 12th level of magic-use(!)
Meleana: Ummm, I was sure I gave Meleana a magic item when we started, but I don't see it on the character sheet, will get back to you asap on that! :)
Brin: Animated Hand ("Thing" aka "Gulkhar the Vulture", the severed, animated hand of a master thief)

Housekeeping:

Thorgir's Qullan blade is now +2/+2 rather than +3/+3. It blunted down :(

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:17:08 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
Housekeeping, Part Deux

Speaking of Meleana (do you have any magic items?) and tertiary mundane items, your druid has a wicked collection!

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »
No I failed my magic item roll, remember? I do have a lot of mundane items. Would like some better AC above all.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »
Updated Fate Points (including the recent level gains)

Somnak: 1.5
Lumori: .75
Thorgir: .75
Melior: .75
Brin: 1.75
Meleana: .75
Ardhalas: 1.50
Kismet: 1.25
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
If anyone thinks this weird adventure is way too far-fetched, you *really* won't like the next encounter  :lol:  :respect:

For the record, it is the single greatest "monster" encounter ever put forth upon an rp page  :P
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:27:34 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2013, 05:23:20 PM »
It is fun
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2013, 08:51:18 PM »
Grapple rules, might be needed. Some stuff dropped as it did not apply.

Base

10 x Attackers Armor class by armor:

10xAC (from armor)10    =    100%
Defender Armor:
   None          No Bonus/Penalty

Attackers Strength,+1% per point   (18)            18%
Percential (56) +1% per 10% of exceptional strenght:         5%
Attackers Dex , 1% per point:                  17%

Opponent +2% per point over 12    Str   17(5)         -10%

Per 10% Height diff    (5%)   -10%
Per 10% Weight diff   (5%)          -35%

Total:                     85%

When made, add D100 and look up table.

(22:18:06) Murometz: 7'5"
(22:18:09) Murometz: 390
(22:18:38) valadaar: cool. 6'4", 230lbs for Thorgir

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 11:13:53 PM »
I'm pondering Brin's Silence spell a bit...

First question, is Thorgir an "unwilling" target? Thorgir, are you willing to be silenced? Or would he fall under the "oblivious target" category? 
....If the creature is unwilling, it saves against the spell, and if the saving throw is made, the spell effect locates about one foot behind the target creature.

Also, range. The whole chamber is 20x20, Melior would be silenced as well me'thinks. (i know, i know, "that wouldn't be a bad thing", pa-rum-pum :P) I guess his magic missiles are cast in less than 5 segments so he can get them off, before your Silence.

Now, if cast on Thorgir, would not the cyclops get a save anyway, as soon as he "enters"  the silence area of effect?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:15:45 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
Muro: Nope. Only the direct target gets to save. Thorgir can choose. :P Melior should be able to fire from the door, I would think - Brin probably can't cast anymore without leaving the room, though.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2013, 12:04:47 AM »
That doesn't make complete sense to me. So it would never have to be cast at an enemy target in that case, but a rock next to them?

Hmmm.

FYI, "Slow" spell casting-time: 3 segments. Super-fast! pio-pio!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »
Is Ardhalas within slow radius? He is 15 feet away from the melee

That doesn't make complete sense to me. So it would never have to be cast at an enemy target in that case, but a rock next to them?

Hmmm.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
Muro, I've actually been reading through some of the ODnD adventures and while it doesn't make sense it is how it's supposed to work.  IIRC one of them has an enemy mage cast silence on a coin and toss it at the PC spellcasters to tip the battle in his favor.
One can cure oneself of the not un- formation by memorizing this sentence: A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.  Orwell

(13:23:49) (Chinchillas): See? You can write like an 4$$h013 when you're not writing like a pompous 4$$h013.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
Hoorah! I am free of the effects of this spell!

Slow (Alteration)
Level: 3     Components: V, S, M    Range: 9" + 1"/level     Casting Time: 3 segments    Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level     Saving Throw: None     Area of Effect: 4" x 4" area, 1 creature/level
Explanation/Description: A Slow spell causes affected creatures to move and attack at one half of the normal or current rate. Thus, it negates a Haste spell (q.v.), has cumulative effect if cast upon creatures already slowed, and otherwise affects magically speeded or slowed creatures. The magic will affect as many creatures as the spell caster has levels of experience, providing these creatures are within the area of effect determined by the magic-user, i.e. the 4" x 4" area which centres in the direction and at the range called for by the caster. The material component of this spell is a drop of treacle.

Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »

Hmmm.

The balance is this: If you cast it on a creature, it gets a resist, and the sphere is mobile. If you cast it on an object next to the caster, it's -less than one turn's movement- to leave the sphere.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »
Alright you win, but it did get off its slow spell before the GREAT SILENCE  :P

Will post for all tonite tomorrow!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:16:02 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »
Poor Muro. All he wants is to throw out one measly slow spell and everyone tries to stop him!  :dizzy:
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »
Lots of rules lawyers in this game, apparently. :P Good thing I let someone else handle all rolls and what not.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
wait till he hits us with the Bee holder! then it is his turn to lawyer the rules
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »
Sorry, just my usual Sunday/Monday issues. Definitely back tonite!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »
This cyclops battle is turning a tad complex :P

Also, PC on PC violence. Wow! :ahh:
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »
So far, peasants are the only victims ;)
Lumori doesn't have to backstab her, despite murdering the feck out of peasants. See latests post :D
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)