llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tales of Misadventure [Isle of Woe]  (Read 41633 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Master Questor Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Tales of Misadventure [Isle of Woe]
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
"Come forth, vile minion, and show me the way to this place's master!" Kismet bellowed as the assailants fell apart in pieces, the first peasant cleaved from shoulder to hip, the other bereft of his head and raised arms. Puddles of carmine rapidly spread, and were as swiftly devoured by the porous floor.

"He holds my king's rightful due! Step forth, and be spared - or skulk and die. I have foes to waste, not time."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:31 PM »
The Half-Orc and his silent companions had ripped a steel door of its hinges, and now stormed madly into  the rejuvenation chamber, which was occupied by a one eyed giant of a man.

The all to familiar sound of chanting had spurred Ardhalas into action, and he had already sent 4 arrows at the creature. All his missiles had hit their mark, as Ardhalas knew they would, but now his allies fumbled about inside the chamber, reeling about like drunken men.

I have to do everything myself, Ardhalas thought smugly.

The all too familiar hiss of gas sounded from the room, and their One-Eyed foe had somehow slowed the hapless would-be slayers. Now their reactions seemed like the   movements of the rainbow slugs he had silently observed as a child, and the Cyclops was like the Crimsonbeak Bird, come to swallow them whole.

It is all up to me now, Ardhalas thought, and reached for two new arrows.

His haste was great, and he moved like fluid, dropping into a crouch, but one of the arrows got stuck in the quiver, and as he pulled the arrows out, the rest of the quiver followed.
It was raining elven missiles. Not on the enemy, but onto the floor, and in his confusion, Ardhalas dropped his bow, trying to stop the arrows somehow.

He could feel his cheeks reddening, could feel the burning flame of shame as it spread over his face.

"Oh... Oh, what a mess. I... eh...", he said as he picked up his bow and two arrows.

OOC: Even though the Cyclops won initiative, I post first. It doesn't matter, Ardhalas fumbled his attack roll and spends the first attack dropping the bow, the next attack picking it up again. So... I rolled a 10 initiative and fumbled my attack. At least I didn't kill any of you guys. That is the Cyclops Job. :p
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »
The cyclops was enraged beyond reason now. He moved his lips to cast but no sound came forth. Screaming silently, he lunged at the "coming" Thorgir. To Ardhalas, Meleana, and Brin, it all appeared surreal, as the cyclops barreled into the slow-motioned barbarian. Somehow in its hysteric rage, the first clawed fist sailed wide of Thorgir, but the second collided with his temple, sending the barbarian reeling in slow motion, as blood and saliva erupted from his head. The cyclops now bared his huge teeth in a maniacal grin. He would bite Thorgir's face next. The Seneschal was in full-blown berserk mode.

The former Outguard commander swore under his breath at his rarest of misses. He would not miss again.

(ooc: (14:25:53) Minion: Murometz rolls 2d20 and gets 7,13. Minion: Murometz rolls 1d8 and gets 8. So 8+1, 9 points of damage to Thorgir. And now everyone else attacks)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Golden Creator Locations Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: November 19, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »
Melior cursed vibrantly and loudly about the uselessness of clerics and silence spells. Of course, with that thrice-d**ned spell of that thrice-cursed cleric still in effect, only the cyclops could understand what he was saying, and only then if he could read lips.

He did pause his cursing of that d**ned daughter of a drunkard to curse the cyclops for slow spells, but not as much as the aforementioned daughter; Melior could understand using magic to inhibit your enemies. What he could not understand is that female fiend's friendly fire. d**n her!

Now he was reduced to physical combat, made all the worse because of the slow spell. And with Ardhalas either being a clumsy buffoon or hiding his cowardice, Thorgir getting his butt kicked, and Somnak... Doing whatever idiocy half-orcs do, Melior was the last person capable of offense.

Well, there was Meleana. And Brin, if she removed her head from her a** and focused on, say, the ENEMY???

Melior sighed into the silence, and drew out his dagger. He raised it much-too-slowly, mentally corrected his form, and threw it as the cyclops.

(15:02:42) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 9. Miss

Naturally, it had to sail above the cyclops head. Of course, this wouldn't have happened if, say, Melior could use Magic Missile. But no, Brin had apparently decided that stopping their most powerful ally from aiding in the combat was a good thing.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:09:14 PM by caesar193 »

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: November 19, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »
Once again, Meleana called upon her innate druidic powers, pointed towards the cyclops and cast...

Insect Swarm.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
And just like that, twin dog-sized ants, came crawling from some passageway, and dutifully entered the healing chamber, which at this moment was anything but.

The ants made for the cyclops' legs, their mandibles clacking viciously. The Seneschal paused, as he attempted to eat Thorgir's face, and opened his mouth to scream again. No sound came. He then began thrashing his legs in a frenzy, losing his grip on Thorgir, as the ants attacked.

(ooc: Murometz rolls 2d20 and gets 7,18. One of the ants misses, but the other's mandibles sink into the cyclops' thigh. 4 points damage. The cyclops tries to get rid of the ants. Brin's attack to go.)

Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
From Brin's point of view, silencing a moron that didn't have the intelligence or wisdom to step backwards from the conflict, and out of the area of silence? Feature, not a bug. It was easy enough for her to move swiftly, focusing her rage into a palpable mass of darkness that shot out from her hands, though far wide of it's mark...

(18:10:10) Minion: Siren_no_Orakio rolls 1d10 and gets 1.
Spirit hammer cast, aaaaand:
(18:14:36) Minion: Siren_no_Orakio rolls 1d20 and gets 1.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »
(ooc: I just realized that the Seneschal can do nothing but fend off the two giant ants next round. Someone kill him. Put the poor cyclops out of his misery! You all attack again
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:58:28 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »
L, K

"...I have foes to waste, not time."
she whirled about, intently looking for movement from the hiding one, amidst the endless statuary. But all was still. At least he was not so foolish as to engage her, as his compatriots had, but why wouldn't he answer her? Did he think her a monster?

Suddenly she spies movement peripherally, but its not the skulker.

Awkwardly making their way towards her from the opposite hall, with an eerie, silent gait, are two marble statues of naked human women. Their nubile forms nearly achieve perfection of sculpted artistry. Each one wields a wicked-looking curving longsword, but no emotion shows in either one's lifeless eyes.

--

Lumori sees them as well, as he silently makes his way amidst the shadows of the room. But they do not see him.

(ooc: Initiative. Caryatid Columns roll 6)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:21:32 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
Shame still burning on his cheeks, Ardhalas once again trained his arrows at the chest and shoulders of the now raging Cyclops... And in spite of trembling fingers, he let his arrows fly!

OOC: THAC0 14. First attack: 7, Second attack: 18. I take it for granted I miss on the first, the second does 4+1 = 5 damage
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
Somnak finally untangled himself from the tubes, rearing up. He dropped his iron spike and turned to face the Cyclops. A magical tingling washed over him and he found himself moving at a slothful pace.
In his rage, Somnak raised his face up and roared to to the roof, only for the sound of his scream to be suddenly cut off mid-yell!

What had happened!? A magical silence had come over the room; Brin's spell had taken effect.
But there was no peace in the silence for Somnak. Within his head, the spirits that raged within raised their voices to a cacophony of screams that overwhelmed his senses. For the first time, the party saw a look of abject terror come upon the Half-Orc's face. His Ancestors... He could hear them screaming of their deaths and torment in the afterlife!

Somnak began clawing at his own head and flailing about! His movements were slothful; like wading through water, but the actions were obviously frantic. Without the constant hullabaloo the living world made, Somnak's tormenting spirits had free reign to barrage his mind with their wails.

Eventually, one voice raised up before all others; that of his Orcish father. "Roulkh Saarl'kiln hil'rok, Somnak" it spoke. "You are weak! This is not the Orc I raised! What happened to the Somnak of the great skirmish of Slarn!?" Where is my son that slew the elves of Elithra outpost the stole their women!? You seek to change your ways, my Son, but an Orc you will always be! What happened to the demonic fury of the Orc of Tainted blood, who rose to reapect within the clan? What happened to the Orc who slew his own father in glorious combat - my proudest day was the day you took my head and proved your place in our tribe! You cannot fight the blood, Somnak. Let the blood speak for you and fight! FIGHT!! KILL!!"

Somnak screamed a silent scream and pulled out his Qullan Sword, hefting it with both hands and swinging with all his fury at the neck of the Seneschal; spittle was frothing at his mouth and his eyes were unfocused as his Orcish blood took over once more.

Attack roll: 19
Damage, 1d8 +3, +3 str bonus.
= 8!!!
14 dmg. Suck it, Seneschal!

Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
Ardhalas' shaft pierced the cyclops' mid-section, sinking deep. The monster and false priest is studded with arrows and broken shafts now...

Raging on a level only another orc might comprehend, Somnak swims through the morass, and cleaves the cyclops' head clean off its muscle-knotted neck, sending the one-eyed sphere flying through the air, and smashing against a wall. Despite the slow-motion strike, the head flew real-speed, making for a weird visual. The Seneschal's head rolled around a bit, and finally settled with its malignant eye staring straight up.

The Seneschal was no more, and once more Thorgir was covered in blood head to foot.

Meleana's ants clacked their mandibles a few times and vanished.

All was quiet except for some seeping gas, still pumping through the chamber, courtesy of the severed tentacle.

(ooc: rolled...Somnak's Qullan blade blunts down to +2/+2 :()

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:23:26 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
The cyclops was slain! But Somnak did not stop there. He booted the headless corpse over to the ground and plunged his Qullan sword into its chest, straining his muscles and still roaring silently! He cleaved the humanoid's midsection open from neck to groin and then flung his sword violently away from him, it hammering into the wall outside of the wall of silence with a loud clattering. The furious Half-orc sunk to his knees and grabbed the cyclopses flesh where he had torn it open and pulled with all his might! The force of it opened up the rib cage, exposing the beast's failing heart, but Somnak kept pulling. Finally, his prize tore free: a sizable chunk of the cyclops's skin tore away from its body.

blood soaked the Orcish warrior's entire body, and he reveled in it. Still on his knees, Somnak clawed his fingers into the flesh of the Cyclops and dropped his head into the opened cavity, fangs chewing as he feasted on the raw, warm meat of the kill. The voices in his head cheered a frenzied accolade as insanity overwhelmed the Orc. In the odd silence of the room, the Half-Orc turned to his bestial roots. in front of his own companions, he feasted.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:58:36 PM by Shadoweagle »

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: November 19, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »
Thorgir was a mass of frustration, assailed by sorcery by foe and friend alike. 

He turned away from the grotesque spectacle that Somnak was engaging in.
It seemed a little excessive, but then again he was no orc.

His jaw smarted from where the thing had punched him. He counted his teeth with his tongue, and found happily that all were still present and accounted for.

He wondered how long the sorcerous silence would enshroud him - not being able to hear put him on edge, almost as if he were partially blind.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: November 19, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
As the cyclops died, so did the silence, the spiteful enchantment fading away and filling the air with the damp, sickening sounds of the half-orc eating. The rage, the bloodlust, this was something the dark priestess could approve of. Though, she had made her own promises. Drawing her sacrificial knife, she waited patiently for the orc to finish. She had intentions for the heart ... to char it in offering to her god, and perhaps take a little nibble herself. As she waited, though, she looked about, frowning at the hissing gas.

"If we can put this room back in order, it might be useful to us. The healing here is beyond what I can yet perform."

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: November 19, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »
Lumori

The shadows hid him decently, but it was well-trained light feet that kept the scuffle of footsteps from giving him away to Kismet as he edged closer to her backside for a deadly strike. Likely that was the only reason the statues did not notice him either. Clarity slid through the bloodlust raging in his being.

You can kill the female later, assuming she survives. She might attack you, afterwards. Those statues will. Nodding slightly to himself in determination, Lumori silently made his way back around the unmoving statues to get behind the pair that were in motion. Then with a burst of speed, he lunged forward and planted both knives right in the back of the nearest Caryatid. Disappointingly, no blood coated his knives and hands. He growled in frustration.

Init: (21:37:23) Minion: Chaosmark rolls 1d10 and gets 5.
Attack: (22:12:45) Minion: Chaosmark rolls 1d20 and gets 19. So...close...
Damage: (22:18:44) Minion: Chaosmark rolls 2d4 and gets 1,3. 4*2 = 8 damage total
Weapon Break #1: (22:24:50) Minion: Chaosmark rolls 1d100 and gets 32. Safe!
Weapon Break #2: (22:24:56) Minion: Chaosmark rolls 1d100 and gets 100. Safe!
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: November 19, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »
The sound returned to the area, drowning out the gibbering screams and cackles of the spirits within Somnak's head, and slowly, he regained control of himself. He pulled away from the corpse of the Cyclops and stumbled back a couple of steps (allowing room for Brin to move in); shock registering on his face as sanity returned to him. He was bloodied from head to toe with the kill, and the corpse was massacred almost beyond recognition.

He turned to glance at his companions, studying their expressions. First, he rested his eyes on Brin. "The silence..." He said, his voice unusually quiet and unsteady for the Half-orc, "It is torment to me."

His gaze turned then to Meleana, becoming hard as iron. No words were passed, but the expression was clear: He blamed her for pitying the villager and allowing the Seneschal to heal. Yes, she had no way of knowing that it was the Cyclops, but Somnak's blame had already been cast.

To Thorgir, his eyes were steady; he knew the large man would hold no disgust for the way he had acted. The man was a true warrior, and knows, like Somnak, that madness is normality in the heat of battle.

To Melior, his gaze was proud and without remorse. He knew the Elf thought of Somnak as something of a savage, and though there was more to Somnak than that, he enjoyed affirming the notion that the Half-Orc was little more than a dangerous beast.

To Ardhalas, though, Somnak's gaze could not be met. Child of Azul, this Elf had called him. It hearkened back to Myths and Legends passed down, warped and retold in the Orcish tribes. Tales of the fallen Prince Azul, who sealed a pact with a demon and created the Shadow Orcs - a notorious sect of orcs, known for their Brutality and Savagery. Somnak had been fighting long and hard to break free of his Orcish infamy brought upon by his half-blood. But this most recent act by him only affirmed that his heritage ran strong through him.

A flash of shame flushed over his face, before he replaced it with pensiveness. Somnak went to the hall and slumped down to sit against the wall; for the first time in this place, waiting patiently for his companions to finish doing what they desired in the Rejuvenation room. Subconsciously, he eyed the Qullan blade he had thrown all the way out here earlier - he could not bear to pick it up again.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: November 19, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »
K,L

Lumori's blades were of fine enough stock, and they sank deeply into the ensorcelled marble. His knives caused spider-web bursts to appear on the caryatid's column's smooth stony skin, and he knew he did damage. Silently and effortlessly, the naked statue whirled around and swung across in a long arc with her long-sword, which was now made of steel and no longer stone. But Lumori ducked low, more agile than any animated statue, and the stone-woman missed her mark. (ooc: C.C. rolled a 6 on attack roll)

The other statue, identical to the first, raised her sword against Kismet by default. Her soulless eyes of jet-flakes met the Lumina's...

(ooc: unfortunately Lumori's 8 points of damage becomes 4, due to his weapons being non-magical.)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:25:21 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:12 AM »
The Elf's nerves had ceased playing their tricks on his fingers, and with trained precision he picked up the remaining arrows, and slung the quiver back in place.
While the dark skinned beauty led Thorgir in an attempt to repair the rejuvenation chamber and the Azul engorged himself with the blood of the fallen, Ardhalas did as he had always done after battle; he searched the fallen, and reprieved them of their belongings.

"It is time for answers, I think", Ardhalas said, his mihtril gleaming like the silvery scales of the Tharkfish. He found an old tome, covered with leather, with much blood and stranger things on it.
He tried to wipe off the blood on the book by scraping the cover against the wall, but was only partially successful. Then he found a toe-ring partially hidden by mucus, sweat and blood. It had grown into the toe itself, so Ardhalas unceremoniously cut the toe off and cleaned it with a piece of cloth from the Cyclopean robe. Searching further he found that the robe of the Cyclops had been totally ruined, cut into a thousand pieces, then shredded by the mighty rage of Somnak. But he took the belt tassle off, and was able to salvage three of the six arrows he had fired.

"I offer the peace of the bonfire, and invoke the treaty of Suthras", he said in a clear voice, as if it was only natural that they understood what he meant.

Looking at Melior, noticing his hungry stare at the spellbook, he spoke once more.

"We need answers, and i need spells. I shall study the contents of this here tome, then I give it to you, for study and for emergency use".

Ardhalas had already cleaned out a little corner, and he sat gently down, closing his eyes in meditation.

"First I shall identify what manner of items this one eyed monstrosity carried, then I shall read our fates, and, the gods willing, mayhaps divine some answers that will guide us towards our destiny"

OOC: First copy select spells using the helmet of reading languages, then cast detect and identify, then rememorize spells. Later, Bob and PCs willing, Ardhalas shall perform a prophetic reading of the gathered party members. Soooo.... I need answers. What spells are there in the tome, what kind of magic items are there (if any).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:28:35 AM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2013, 05:56:44 AM »
Giant ants! More than she had hoped for, now the others could see her worth! But the triumph turned to disgust as the battle abruptly ended in slaughter and worse still! Meleana turned away from the scene in disgust, dimissing her ants.

When the pig-man had stopped gorging, Meleana turned back and met his gaze. She silently mouthed monster and didn't like how he looked at her, she held her hands on the pommels of her scimitars and half pulled them out when he stepped forward, but he seemingly had no interest in her after all. What had she allied herself with, were these any better than the watching egg? She didn't know, but she suddenly knew with certainty that it would be better for her village if some of these brutes never returned from the pyramid.

As Ardhalas called for a bonfire, Meleana sat down with Melior, seeking comfort. It was hard vying for his attention as he chiefly had eyes for the newly found spellbook, she pulled on his arm like a child. < "What is that....thing?" > She whispered and indicated towards Somnak.
< "Are you sure we can trust it? It seems little more than a wild animal. You said they were better than the quallan, yet this one feeds on two-legged flesh just as they do. I don't feel safe with them, Melior." >
She complained as her boa encased them both in a friendly embrace as it ventured onto Melior's shoulders.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:58:22 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »
s**t, points for Melior, thought Thorgir as it seemed the druidess had shifted from the new elf back to the old. Or perhaps she was simply playing both. The new elf was certainly far less 'delicate'.

He saw the looks between her and Somnak and shrugged.  He knew how that sort of thing ended.

Thorgir was many things, and the problem with the infernal machine appeared fairly simple.  The pipe was cut, so the pipe could be un-cut.  The scraps of robe, still damp with blood, would serve and Thorgir simply lashed the pipes together.   He put the thoughts of what magic the machine might have in it away and thought of it as purely a physical operation.

He knew that sinew and leather would do a better job than the scraps of robe, but rough as he was, he could not bring himself quite to that level. 

"Anyone have Tallow or cording? "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Golden Creator Locations Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »
<"The thing with Somnak is that he tries. He strives for the better life of the civilized, he strives to shed his barbaric roots, he strives to better himself. Of course, he is a savage and a barbarian and a brute, as he has proven so adequately just now, but such ambition is to be commended. Whoever said that the caterpillar's job of metamorphosing into true butterfly was easy? He is haunted by his past and his ancestry. I know not his past or his history, but if he continues to try, even if he fails to succeed, I can work with him.

<"And even if he is a beast, animals can still be helpful, no? Is not this snake a friend of yours? And if one were to dip into the analytical examination, it must serve some useful purpose, if only companionship and friendship. Think of the half-orc, and indeed the rest of them, as the dogs of war we let loose upon our enemies.">

Melior put his arm over her shoulder and held her close.

<"And the reason you do not feel safe is the reason I seek magic and spells and power. As a wizard, I freely admit that I am not the strongest of elves. And so I seek magic and power and spells, so if danger threatens, I can vanquish it.">

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Master Questor Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
Ha! There he was, the dark-clad man, assailing targets far more suitable than his addled brethren.
The blood spattered across Kismet's countenance was slowly devoured by her skin, making once more room for the light within to shine forth.

A split second, she evaluated whether to join the rogue's battle, only to realize that the guardians would follow her after his death, perhaps distracting her from the treasure's keeper. "Lejonet fran Norden!" she intoned, as the knights of Brandburg had for hundreds of years, warning all who stood before them about the nature of their foe.
Ignoring the statue obviously aware of her, she threw herself against the caryatid battling the brigand, her armored shoulder crashing against its back, followed by a boot's kick and strike of the flamberge.

Can't roll for s**t, rolled 4 to hit, could connect only if its AC is 8 or worse.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:08:04 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »
It was like striking, well, stone. Kismet's first swing with her flamberge glanced off the animated statue, sending sparks flying. The statue whirled once more to face its new assailant, while the other swung her blade at the moving Lumina, striking her shoulder-blade. Kismet felt the warm, wetness ooze from her flesh, even as she re-positioned herself to attack again.

(ooc:Minion: Murometz rolls 1d20 and gets 18. Minion: Murometz rolls 2d4 and gets 2,4. 6 points of damage to Kismet. Initiative for both Lumori and Kismet. C.C.'s roll a 7.)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2013, 10:42:59 AM »
For the first time since the village feast, the companions rest...

Ardhalas looked up from his scrying of the cyclops' possessions with a thin smile. His work was complete. He now closes his eyes once more and begins to meditate, re-charging his magical potency. When he wakes, he will cast from his mysterious deck of prophecy.

Somnak sits a bit away from the others, gripped by a melancholy reverie. He sits beside the entrance of the next corridor, from which he had ripped free the metal hatch earlier. A draft blows down from this unexplored tunnel, and Somnak gets a whiff of sulfur on the breeze. For a moment, he does a double-take down the hallway. For a second there, he thinks he sees a floating red ball, hovering in the tunnel ahead, some distance away. When he looks again, there is nothing down the long, eerie hall. Perhaps his mind was still playing tricks on him after his soul-drenching rage, he postulates and sighs.

At Brin's urging, and with various "ingredients" they salvage from everyone's "equipment", Thorgir works on fixing the pipe. (ooc: Need some sort of simple roll here val, like a successful int check, or a "plumbers touch" roll or something :P If successful, everyone can take turns "rejuvenating")

Meleana and Melior sat in quiet conversation. Her boa was wrapped around both of them now, like a serpentine scarf, not really keeping them warm, but keeping warm itself.

All was quiet, as the companions recuperated.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:05:12 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin