llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Asydia] Humble Beginnings  (Read 31057 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: [Asydia] Humble Beginnings
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2014, 01:24:22 PM »
Despite the condition of the rope, it presented as good a chance as Zelas could hope for. But doubts or no doubts, he even surprised himself as he scaled the rope with ease, despite the baby on his back.

Rolled a 20, real waste of a crit...

At the top he handed the baby to Auxzali and bent down to help anyone else coming after.

14 for Aid Another, that's a +2 for anyone climbing.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
"Verily, bowmonkeys with hornets up their behinds! But at this speed, they'll wear out soon!"
Sigurd did notice the rope, he also noticed that it was worn, two had already climbed it leaving it far more frayed than previously, and most importantly, he wasn't the smallest boy around.

So, he took the hill.
+3 to climb due to STR, +2 from Zelas, 11 total.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:08:56 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »
Nim took Zelas's hand and climbed up the rope.  She had thoughts on what to do next.

19 on dice, looks good. Dex is +3, so 22.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline AsydiaGM

• Replacement GM of Asydia
  • Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »
Duxo as well climbed the hill, shirking the fraying strands of the rope. All of them proved successful in their climb, and soon were off again. It seemed, for those who glanced behind them for a moment, that it was good that Duxo took the hill and shirked the rope, for when a Royal Guardsmen got halfway up it, the rope snapped, and his flailing arms failed to grab at the hill to stop his descent. Alas, the tumbling soldier failed to disrupt most of the other climbers, and the chase was once again on.

The hill itself was a short one, with a very short crest. The running group came to a bridge, walled and made of stone, connecting the tops of two hills. A quick glance beneath it revealed a dense swampland and mudpit: no doubt why the builder chose to build here.

Halfway across the bridge, they could see something that was very... Misfortunate. A traveler, on top of a cart pulled by a donkey, was blocking the road, leaving small spaces on either side for others to use, impractical for those at full speed.

Upon seeing the five runners, and especially the Royal Guard, the traveler looked in terror and cracked his whip, anxious to get the donkey moving faster. The donkey, however, was in no rush, and kept plodding along at the same speed no matter how much the whip cracked.

Seeing no response, Duxo climbs the hill.
As you all took the faster route, RG is still 50 feet behind you. As for the current obstacle, get past it as you please! I can see a variety of ways to get part it: let us see if you pick a good one!
Don't worry, you won't need to deal with me long. TPK incoming!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2014, 12:28:57 AM »
"You got to be kidding me!", Auxzali moaned as he saw the bridge and the slow moving mule. He then raced after the cart, climbed aboard it, and tried to run across it, landing beside the mule and continuing forwards.
OOC: Skill check. If it is about rolling below dex, I actually managed it.
(07:28:04) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d20 and gets 8.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: January 11, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
Zelas once again with the child on his back, held out his ouzala, blunt end first hit the back of the wagon and pole vaulted over the whole thing.
He even came down running, with an incredulous look on his face. "Hah!" He shouted as he ran on.

15+2 Acrobatics

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
Sigurd, Nim, and Duxo all quickly clambered onto the slow-moving cart, following on the heels of the two Dremorix, and then they were off it, and the bridge itself.

The Royal Guard chose the less-risky route. The archers with drawn bows let loose, and those among the group who looked over there shoulder saw the traveler, who frantically had been trying to jump off his cart, topple to the ground, an arrow embedded in his back, and get run over by his own cart's wheels. Arrows as well took the donkey's life, and the Royal Guard easily clambered over and around the cart to continue the chase.

The five charged down the hill, the downward slope giving the illusion of refreshing their tired legs. They reached the swampy floor and a patch of thick swamp-trees. The road then turned, and they followed it to the right.

A little ways after the turn, a voice called out to them, "Quickly! Over here!" They looked, and saw Tamyra standing, half-hidden by some plants, at the start of a animal trail. She beckoned them to follow her, and disappeared down the trail.

Seeing no response, moving the chase along. You can choose to trust Tamyra and follow her, or see of you can find another way to evade the Royal Guard. Your choice.

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »
Zelas in full stride, veered off to follow Tamyra. Surely she knows the land better than I do, as long as she doesn't betray us all, Zelas thought and sighed to himself.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
Nim followed as well - it was unlikely any ambush she might arrange was any worse than the speed-demon guards who were pursuing them.

Also, maybe she'd get a chance to settle accounts.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2014, 04:35:36 AM »
"Thanks a bunch! But don't tell anyone I needed rescue from a lady - I'd never hear the end of it!"
Sigurd bounded into the undergrowth after the others, down the trail.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
Auxzali followed Zelas, silently praying that he had made the right choice.
Zelas in full stride, veered off to follow Tamyra. Surely she knows the land better than I do, as long as she doesn't betray us all, Zelas thought and sighed to himself.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Online Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »
Duxo took up the rear, regularly looking over his shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed.
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »
The trees soon covered them. Tamyra waved for them to crouch, and as they did they saw the Royal Guard run past, unaware at the fact that their quarry was not ahead. After a minute of waiting for any stragglers to go past them, Tamyra waved them up and to follow her. The path led them to the edge of the swamp, where a raft waited for them. Tamyra got on, and took her post at a pole. When the others had gotten on the raft, she pushed them off, and started rowing- for those who could tell based on the sun's position- due east.

There was a pall of silence over them, and then Tamyra broke it, saying, "You five have saved me twice now. The first from the croc, and the second from your taking the blame for the tribute theft, however unintentionally you may have done the latter. For that, I am doubly in your debt.

"The first debt I repay now, for saving you from the Royal Guard. A toll booth was ahead on that road; they would have caught you no matter how fast you were if you had continued down it. The Guard hates to get their feet wet, so escape by boat should be safe enough.

"Though you will no doubt be banished and unable to return to Sen-Rab in lieu of public execution, if you send word to me that you wish to call in my second debt, I will come. This I swear by Moa-Moa, the protector of our swamps."

She paused a moment, and then said, "I have seen your type before, mercenary in both your profession and virtues. Still, if I am right, you five will go on to do great things. I pity those who stand in your way, even if you have come from these humble beginnings."