llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Asydia] Humble Beginnings  (Read 31085 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline AsydiaGM

• Replacement GM of Asydia
  • Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
Re: [Asydia] Humble Beginnings
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2013, 09:25:52 AM »
The crocodile roared with pain as sword and quarrel and spell bit into its flesh. Tamyra cursed vibrantly and brought out her two daggers again, deciding to leave the bow on her back where it was. She charged the beast, and tried to plant both of her daggers into it, but it evaded her at the crucial moment.

The beast turned to Tamyra, ignoring the fool human who chose to taunt it momentarily, and launched an attack of its own. It, with both heads, charged her and bite her, holding her within its mouth. Tamyra gritted her teeth as its jaw tightened and her blood started dripping past her light armor.

Then, with almost a haughty flick of its tail, it tried to trip Sigurd. With a flash of green, its tail, though Sigurd tried in vain to jump out of the way in time, connected with the Knight's feet. He fell into the pond with a mighty spray of water.

Edited from original. I mistook the trip rules. I deeply apologize.

Sigurd is now prone. -4 penalty to melee attacks, standing provokes Attack of Opportunity from Croc.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:11:18 PM by AsydiaGM »
Don't worry, you won't need to deal with me long. TPK incoming!

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »
Duxo finally snapped out of his state of bewilderment thrust upon him by seeing a two-headed crocodile.  Drawing his knives he made his way to the opposite side of the beast as the babbling knight and proceeded to attempt to carve out it's liver, assuming it had one.

Right hand, left hand, repeat.
09:59:07) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d20 and gets 18.
(09:59:12) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d20 and gets 6.
(09:59:40) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d4 and gets 1.
(09:59:44) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d4 and gets 2.
(09:59:59) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d6 and gets 5.
(10:00:06) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d6 and gets 5.
Right:
To hit: 18+3 (str)-2(twf)+2(flank)=21. (Unless this thing is made of rock I'm assuming it hits)
Dmg: 1+3+5=9
Left:6+3=9 (Probably not, but I can dream, right?)
Dmg: 2+1+5=8
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »
From behind the relative safety of the tree, Nim drew upon her elemental powers and sent a beam of heat towards to the croc-thing:

(10:43:22) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d20 and gets 20.
(10:43:31) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d20 and gets 8.  (Touch AC for croc is 10, and Nims Dex bonus means crit is good.
(10:51:42) Minion: valadaar rolls 1d6 and gets 2.
Sigh, 4 points.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
Duxo slahed wildly at the croc, unfurtunately his knives bounced harmlessly off of the monstrous animal's hide.

13:14:43) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d20 and gets 6. (9 to hit)
(13:14:47) Minion: Pariah rolls 1d20 and gets 3. (6 to hit)
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »
Auxzali screamed at the top of his lungs as he wildly charged the two-headed Crocodile beast. He stabbed at the monstrosity with his Ouzala, the razorsharp weapon whipping out of the swamp and towards the swamp fiend.

(22:00:07) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d20 and gets 8.
(22:00:11) Minion: Ancient_Gamer rolls 1d10 and gets 10.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »
From behind his hiding Place, Zelas looked on in surprise as Auxzali ran up to the beast, causing no small shame in the glass man hiding, he cast his acid spell again to cover his friend's charge.

Acid dart again, ranged touch 19+5 to hit, 1+1 damage....crap.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2013, 03:15:05 AM »
Briefly vanishing below the surface of the brackish water, Sigurd popped up, sputtering, his tabard a pretty solid brown now.
"If you thought to make me like your swamp by giving me a taste, you were mistaken!" he added, not bothering to translate into crocodile. Not that talking to the beasts of this swamp had any effect! Swords were far superior of a communication channel.

He used his shield as support to lurch forth from the muck, and continued to use his sword to communicate with the two-headed beast. Perhaps it would listen then!
17 to hit, 4 damage if I hit. Enjoy!
If the blighter wants to be a biter, he can do some biting now, attack of opportunity because Sigurd stood up.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:13:27 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
Nim's spell bit deep into the monstrosity, leaving its mark in the head of the beast. Then came Duxo and Auxzali, and though brave, proved to be less of a shot than Nim, as both missed as the croc shifted its weight in just the wrong moment.

As Sigurd rose from the water, the crocodile tried, with its non-Tamyra filled mouth, to take a bite out of the knight, though wounds and scorch marks covered its body. Its mouth closed around Sigurd, and bite past his formidable armor.

five damage from AOO

Then came the knight's sword crashing down upon the beast. Its scales proved to be easily split, and the weapon bite deep. The crocodile roared in pain, but the sounds soon died off, with blood replacing noise, and then it was still.

It seemed almost peaceful, in death. That is, until Tamyra, with a brutal push, ripped the crocodile's mouth open, and rolled out of it. She swiped blood and bodily fluids off of her after standing, and looking at the group, said: "You saved my life. I am in your debt."

She sighed, and looked out over the swamps in the direction that Tar-Sul had fled, and sighed. "He will be missed. Tar-Sul was, though a bit of a nobody, a part of Werstone."

If you guys want to heal up or search the corpse or something, be my guest. Tamyra will resume guiding all of you as soon as one of you heads off.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:07:13 PM by AsydiaGM »

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2013, 01:37:30 AM »
"Glad to be of service, Tamyra. It's in my culture - we can't resist saving a damsel, no matter how sassy. Some would say 'the sassier the better', actually."
Then, he sat down on the nearest dry piece of ground, the pain from the bite setting in.
"I would not mind if someone took a look at this, though. These days, everything wants a piece of me - rats, cats, crocodiles."

While he removed the clothes to look at the wound, he pointed with his sword towards the blood-stained corpse.

"Zelas, you denied me the fur of the panthers, so I ask - can anyone skin this critter? My knightly brothers will surely mock me if I return without something once-formidable draped across my shoulders!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:15:39 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2013, 11:04:17 AM »
Zelas stepped out and scratched his neck, feeling somewhat embarrased. He joined up with the others and held out his foot at the croc (but well away from his mouth). Comparing his sandals with the hide of the beast. He looked up as Sigurd addressed him and grinned.

"Surely there was more sport in laying low this two-headed beast than to stab at helpless kittens, ser knight."

He scratched his chin in thought.

"I lay no claims at expertise in skinning, but I could try my luck if we have noone better."

Only +2 in Survival, and I rolled an 11(feel free to stay my hand if someone has better survival skills).

At that, he stabbed the beast in both necks one time each with his ouzala.

"Hrmm, I am not touching the thing unless I know it to be dead for sure." He explained and then bent down to work.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
Auxzali kept to the back, a bit shameful of his poor fighting skills. Saying nothing he listened in on the dialogue.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2013, 12:14:18 AM »
Sorry I took so long. Assuming nothing more: let's get to the good stuff! :twisted:

Zelas' skills at skinning were not the best, nor was an ouzala the best tool for the job. He made some errors, but in the end managed to gain some salvageable skins. With his close contact with the croc, he noticed a tag attached to both right ears of the croc, the most complete of which read "Subject 27- if found, return to..." The rest of which was either faded or ripped off both.

you get two croc skins for your trouble, worth 30 gp each.

Tamyra waited for them to finish administering and resting from the combat, and then waved them on, the weight of debt burdening her as she trudged on. The swamp proved to be difficult on their musceles, though they could tell that the place where they fought the croc was more than halfway.

Though they kept their eyes out for other such beasts, no new threats emerged. Except for that one time where Nim startled a bird with an errant footstep, but it flew off, with an almost accusatory glare at the sorceress, the swamp was silent.

They did indeed arrive at Werstone around noon. The sun glared down at them oppresively as the tracked mud and swamp-plants down the city streets. Still suspicious of Tamyra and the Werstonians, they kept their eyes out for ambush, but all was silent. Indeed, almost too silent- they saw not a soul as they trudged down the streets, except for the odd glance of a child's face pressed against a window.

They quickly came upon the town square and Demy-Sefrab, who stood alone and was pacing in impatience. When he saw them, he paused, and took an almost half-step towards them, before stopping and waiting for them to approach.

When they stood before him, in easy talking range, he blurted out "did you get it? Did you get the chest?" And then, almost as an afterthought, he added "and where is Tar-Sul?"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:02:24 AM by AsydiaGM »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
Nim sighed again, taking a deep breath.  "I believe you asked us to find Tar-Sul? Apparently that was not as important as it seemed."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »
Demy-Sefrab sighed deeply, and rolled his eyes. "Look," he said, exasperated. "I would really like some answers right about now. Tami, do you have any such answers, as they seem less than helpful in that regard?"

"Tar-Sul is dead," Tamyra responded. "A two-headed crocodile took a bite out of him as we returned, and he fled in terror. The swamp has him now. As for the chest, they refused to tell me as well, saying that they wanted answers of their own before they responded to our questions. I figured it'd be best if you told them what had occurred. Now, if you will excuse me, I shall go scout, to see if they're here yet, to see how much time we have."

Tamyra disappeared into the town, heading down South Street, lightly jogging, as Demy-Sefrab turned to the rest of them.

"You want to know what happened, then? Aye, I have answers for you. I hope you'll tell me your side of the story after I tell you mine," Demy-Sefrab began. "I sent you to get Tar-Sul to get the chest, which I hope to Ilaxas you found. But that is the middle of this sorry affair, and I should start at the beginning. Abdul-il-Weli came to town about a week ago. Nice chap, for a tax collector. It is that time of the year again, and it is time for our tribute for the Khira to be taken to Gamma-Sol. So, as usual, I presented Abdul with the list of all the taxes the citizens owed the Khira, and he went and got them all. With the help of his guards, of course.

A curious thumping noise, a regular One-Two, One-Two beat to it, started to be heard by the group. It was faint, however, and issued from the north, if the street signs were accurate in their names.

"Abdul was taking the tribute in the chest that I hope you found when he got ambushed by the bandits you went to kill. I know not the particulars, I just know that Tamyra found the bloody scene, and could not find the tribute-chest. I thought all was lost, that we as a town would be enslaved by the Khira for missing a payment when I heard that Tar-Sul had found the chest in the bar. I sent Tamyra to go get the chest from Tar-Sul, which was when I found he had been kidnapped."

The thumping sound grew louder and louder, interrupted by a momentary scream and the banging of a violently closed door.

"If you found the chest, please hand it over. I have the 500 gold I promised you in my home- I may have cheated on Werstone's taxes so that it could prosper as it deserved. All I care about is the good of this town, and it sounds like the R-"

And they were there. A platoon of the Royal Guards, resplendent in their gator-hide armor, stood at the opposite end of North Road. A look of fear, absolute fear, took over Demy-Sefrab's face for a moment, before he whispered under his breath to the party, "I am so sorry about it this."

And backing away from the five, he pointed and shouted at them, "It is they! They ambushed the tax-collector! They stole Werstone's tribute! They robbed the Khira! It is them!"

At the head of the Royal Guard, the Lieutenant removed a bugle, and raising it to his lips, sounded the call to charge.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2013, 05:33:17 AM »
"The good thing is, I guess we can keep the money" Sigurd noted bluntly.
"These men are not ones to talk nor listen to reason" he whispered to his compatriots. "Nim, make me big again, please. And when I run, run." Nim Enlarge me please, more fun that way!

He stepped, out in the middle of the street, and bellowed: "Treacherous Sen-Rabbim scum, your lives are forfeit! Send my regards to your &^%$@-king!" while loosening the straps on his tower shield, and hurling it like the mountain giant he resembled against the front rank of the advancing guardsmen.
The massive plank of armored wood caught the sun's rays, and the gazes of henchmen - before descending upon them like an avalanche of well-deserved judgment!

Bluff 28!!! to catch them off-guard, to topple them with the hurled shield, have a few of the others stumble over them, to delay them and facilitate our escape. If you want, I can spend my daily use of Smite to add to the oomph!

"Discretion is the better part of valor!" Sigurd added nonchalantly as he sped off back into the Muck, northward. Sooner or later, it would be too cold for the villains to follow.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2013, 07:52:40 AM »
Nim did not hesitate with either the spell, or the running.

There would be an accounting for this, she promised herself.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »
Duxo, not even waiting for the knight to finish throwing his shield, took off running from the guards.  "DEMY-SEFRAB YOU WILL DIE BY MY HAND!"

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: December 27, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »
Zelas held no illusions about winning against an army, and it would certainly seem like the time for talking was past. Once again the sen-rabbi proved to be a treacherous lot. He swung around, his clothes billowing and ran while yelling at the others. "I'll find you later!"

He darted away from the town proper, towards the muck that held Rowa-Hyn's shack. Once there, he did not slow and barged in without knocking, yelling. "Where is the child?! Give her to me, quick!" His panicked eyes darted all over, searching.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: December 27, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »
While Nim cast his spell on Sigurd, Auxzali started chanting, calling upon the powers of the divine. The Barekan nervously eyed the storming guards. Suddenly a deep mist rolled from the ground and as Sigurd's shield slammed into the charging guardsmen the enemies quickly disappeared in the divine fog.

Then Auxzali took Sigurd by the sleeve and shouted "follow me!".

The Barekan charged after the others, hoping the mist would obscure them.

OOC: Obscuring Mist
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
The lieutenant of the Guard managed to dodge the massive shield of Sigurd, but his men were not so lucky; the first three ranks toppled like dominoes. Efforts to move the shield were sadly not implemented; the guard, due to their callous lieutenant's repeated bugle call to charge, simple sprinted over the massive shield, using its slightly convex nature as a bridge to get over their comrades.

Of course, the five companions were all ready running, with a mist covering their heels. The mist, sadly, proved less of a deterrent than one could hope- the Guard could still hear, and Sigurd's massive feet similarly provided massive thumps as they connected with the ground. Still, they did charge less quickly, and more hesitantly, and the party gained ground.

The town, with its lack of citizens blocking the way, was easy to navigate, and they followed Zelas to Rowa-Hyn's dwelling, Sigurd reaching his normal size before doing so. Fear clouding her eyes, she quickly handed the baby over to Zelas, and retreated into a corner as they left through the backdoor.

And then they reached a road, feet pounding the dirt, with the Guard solidly behind them. The road continued until they reached a stream, and they could see three ways of crossing it: a bridge a little downstream, where the stream was narrower: a path allowed easy access to the bridge and back to the road. Or they could swim across, or jump across.

Guard started 30 feet behind them, and now are 60 feet behind you, due to the shield and mist. As for the current challenge, going to the bridge will allow the guard to get closer, but much less so than it would if you failed your swim check or acrobatics check to swim or jump across the stream. Swim check if swimming, acrobatics check if jumping.

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »
With the baby all bundled up on his back again, Zelas made for the bridge. It probably wasn't the best time to have retrieved her, but he doubted a better time would have presented itself, and after all he had witnessed from the sen-rabbi, he'd be d**ned if he was gonna let them raise the girl. A ouzquin she had been born, and an ouzquin she would stay.

Zelas stopped at the far side of the bridge and turned around, waiting for everyone to cross he started chanting.

Readying a spell, as soon as everyone else crosses, I'm casting Burning Hands on the bridge, I shouldn't even need a roll for that, no?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:26:04 PM by Gossamer »

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
Auxzali spotted Zelas in front of him and followed his old friend across the bridge.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
There was no sense in hurrying ahead and leaving the sandmen with the child behind.
Instead, as they were crossing the bridge, Sigurd snapped the chest that had held the platinum from the baggage, and hurled it into the river, so rich in mud, bacteria and crocodiles.

"Your money is stupid anyways, Sen-Rabbim!" he yelled as the box glistened briefly in the sun before vanishing below the water.

Offline AsydiaGM

• Strolenati
  • Apprentice
  • GM of caesar193
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2014, 12:07:57 PM »
Nim and Duxo as well hurried across the wood bridge, and Zelas with a few words of incantation set the thing ablaze, and then the group hurried off, back to the main road. The royal guard reached the stream just in time to see the ashes get swept past them, but the wasted no time in jumping over the stream. Though a couple ended up further downstream, the majority forded it with ease, and the chase was back on.

The party once again came to another obstruction in the road: a hill. The group could see the road turned left here, to find a more gentle slope, but those who quickly glanced behind them considered the closeness of the Royal Guard thought about the risks of taking even more time out of the mere moments they had left. They also noticed the archers of the Royal Guard drawing their bows in preparation for when they got close enough.

Assuming Nim and Duxo go across the bridge as well.
Anyway, Royal Guard is now 50 feet behind them. I won't tell you what distance they'll begin firing at you at, but you're getting close! Anyway, next obstacle: either roll a climb check, or go around the long way and lose more distance, but less if you fail the climb check. As always, your choice!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »
"Holiness, we are followed by nimble bowmonkeys that notch their arrows and gain ground even as I run at full speed!"

The Barekan ran as fast as he could. He quickly decided against climbing up the hill. He had never been any good at climbing, and would surely be arrow-fodder if he attempted doing so.

But suddenly he noticed an old, rotten rope hanging down the hillside. Quickly changing course, Auxzali started ascending the hill, using the rope.

Base Climb: +3, unknown adjustment for the rope.
(19:13:42) Minion: Ancient_Gamer triller 1d20 og får 14.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:14:19 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!