llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Asydia] Humble Beginnings  (Read 29476 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: [Asydia] Humble Beginnings
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
"I never expected to earn my fortunes as a rat-catcher!" Sigurd laughed off the wound, and proceeded to batter the last rat with more than chatter. To chop it up and serve on death's platter!
Rolled 19, +3, crit not confirmed, 5+3 damage.
His blade struck deep - and it was just about time, as the beasts had begun to look for less metal-encrusted prey.

"You'd wonder why these vermin guard this cave so diligently. I guess our adversary has command over more than one kind of beast."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »
Another blast of fire, and another misplaced scorchmark on the floor.  Nim cursed and reached over her shoulder for her crossbow..

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »
Auxzali eyed the last rat warily. It seemed to be good at dodging, and not so good at the fleeing bit. Sigh.

He raised his ouzala for another strike.

6 for hit. Add in +3 and I have a 9. Hit?

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
Auxzali cursed loudly as the swing went wide.

round 4

The Vermin, addled and severely wounded, took one last bite at Auxzali. It didn't even come close! The rat's front leg failed to function properly, causing it to stumble to the side and snap at air.

rat attacks Auxzali: 4 +1 = 5. Miss!

Lets kill this thing! :)

Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2013, 02:07:52 AM »
"Allow me" Sigurd stepped in, interposing himself between Auxzali and the filthy beast, kicked the rat into a corner, and proceeded to slash it up nice and proper.
If I recall correctly, the rat has an AC of 14, which I exactly match with my roll of 10, a +1 BAB and +3 for STR? :) Eat 5+3 damage, critter.

"Alright everyone, gather around - let's take a look at those wounds. I personally hate wasting good liquor, but I wouldn't mind a little of it in this gash."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2013, 05:00:34 AM »
As the battle ended with the Ralkharan's brutal onslaught, Zelas dropped to his knees in front of Auxzali, he couldn't meet his gaze. Bitter manly tears flowed down his cheeks as he grimaced terribly, head bowed.

"I... am deeply shamed that my weapon would bring you harm, inadvertently though it may have been. My friend,... my priest! I would break my ouzala now, if it weren't that I feared it would still be needed. But, no! I shall not cast it away, I will bear my shame, as I will bear this ouzala, this....  <Vana'Krux> Kin's Bane!" He took his ouzala and cut a fresh wound on his left arm, bathing in blood the tip that had previously pierced his friend's flesh. "Now we are joined, my brother. I swear, this ouzala shall be wielded in your service only, or I will throw myself upon it! By my blood, I swear this!" Finally he met Auxzali's gaze, awaiting his judgement.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:24 AM »
"I....uhhhh..." Auxzali began, quite eloquently. He was about to sigh, but then thought better of it.

"It was an accident, Zelas. But an accident. Nothing that I can't heal in less time than it took to draw the wound. See?"

Here Auxzali waved his hand over the wound and, invoking Axtrami's name, healed the wound.

channel energy on self, healed one point.

"I appreciate the gesture, but if we are to survive against whatever took Tar-Sul, we can't just go round stabbing ourselves. Look, I forgive you for stabbing me. How else would our people prosper if we worried about people on the same side killed each other? Look at the Ouzqual Haix!

"Zelas, I shall forgive you and forget this. And now I must ask you the favor of doing the same."

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »
Zelas shook his head, quite incredulously. "Forget it? If that is your wish, I will try, but I fear I will have to live with this. Worry not, as it shan't be a detriment. I will remember this bitter lesson and do better in the future, though of course I'll no doubt fall short of the skills of a mirrored soldier." He grinned, nodded to himself and got to his feet. "Here, at least have something to strengthen yourself with." With that he handed his canteen over to Auxzali, its strong smell suggested something else entirely than water.

Once he had seen Auxzali drink and got the canteen back, he nodded to himself and seemed to have shaken all worries, all smiles again. He took a small swig himself. Next, he went to talk with the Sen-rabbi woman.

"Dear sister, little did I know we shared a trade!  I have a suggestion to make. Two spellbooks are well and fine, but if we shared our spells, we'd both be twice as prepared for whatever come may."
He put a friendly hand on her shoulder and gesticulated with the other as he spoke.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:23:15 AM by Gossamer »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Golden Creator Master Questor Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 10:06:37 AM »
Nim smiled at Zelas and answered quietly.  "I'm afraid my magic is tied to my very blood, so it would be quite the task to share my spells with you."

She stepped away and began to examine the fallen rats with her sorcerous eyes.

Detect magic on the corpses.

"These showed more bravery than I've seen in the past. "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »
Tied to her blood she said. So she wasn't formally trained, Zelas had heard about such things. Sevren, his old mentor in the conjuring arts had been very particular on that subject. But then again, what did that old coot know. So much for that though, but he had some ideas for a magic shared of a different kind. He grinned at that thought.

"Truly, they were tenacious little vermin. Could be that they were being controlled somehow."

He shrugged his shoulders, and feeling the call of the wild he went to relieve his water onto a nearby rock wall.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »
Sigurd and Auxzali both shivered as Axtrami's blessing glazed over their wounds, lessening their severity.

The cavern was all of a sudden very quiet and empty a search of the rats revealed nothing and this section of the tunnel was bare except for rubble and stones.

At the far end of the tunnel, the cavern split into two; one leading to the left, and the other to the right.

Deeper in the tunnel...

There was silence now, down the tunnel, the sound of combat had abruptly stopped. Tar-Sul glanced at Duxo, then back to the tunnel. "Who do you think won?"

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:10 PM »
"Your goddess is quite generous - I feel better already. No sense in wasting liquor then, right?"

He swallowed any comments possibly directed at Zelas - the old sandman beat himself up enough, and was in no need of his jests about keeping the proud warrior heritage of the Dremorix chained until legitimate foes could be found.
Instead, he slapped Zelas' back: "It's alright, the best of us might slip on spilled guts."

A man should follow the right path - as an added benefit, always keeping right might serve one well in a maze of caves.
"Follow me, there has to besomething over which the defiant vermin stood watch."
His chiming armor and the sizeable shield preventing subtlety, he marched on openly. Let them come.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
"I don't really care who won, just so long as I get a chance to get out of these chains," Duxo growled.  "HEY!  DOWN HERE!"
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »
As the party approached the fork in the cave, they heard the faint sound of someone yelling. It was echoing from the right tunnel.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
Nim touched the end of her crossbow, and yellowish light issued forth.

"Shall we?" she said.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »
"God, sir knight. I believe Axtrami is male."

After hearing the shouting, and after Nim said her piece, Auxzali replied, "Yes. Let's."

And brandishing his ouzala, holding it at the ready, he warily headed down the right hand tunnel.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
Nim's light spell cast eerie shadows along the walls as she and the group made their way cautiously down the right tunnel. There were a couple of twists and turns, but it went not more than forty meters before torchlight could be seen ahead. The tunnel led to a small room, clearly chiseled out by human hands in a rough rectangle. A wooden door stood, inset into the far wall, and chained sturdily to the wall were two men in only their smallclothes.

The first man was Sen-Rabbin, and matched the description of Tar-Sul. The second man was clearly of Hyparican descent - he was no picture to look at though; scars of molten skin and gashes featured heavily over this man's face.

"By the gods! If you are friends, let us free!" Tar-Sul strained at his chains as if to emphasize their capture. It was an odd group for a rescue mission - only one Sen-Rabbin woman! Tar-Sul did not have high hopes that outsiders such as these would be here to save them.

Offline EchoMirage

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 05:04:54 AM »
Sigurd almost laughed at the man's hesitation - then imagined what desperation he had to go through, and gently smiled instead.
"Fear not, Tar-Sul: we Ralkharans have a long and proud tradition of freeing prisoners (or ransoming them, if they are nobles). Also, in our merry mingled group, we are all trying to outdo each other, so your heroic liberation is guaranteed."

Soon, he was battering away at the man's chains with a pick, using a stout rock as anvil.
"You may have to wear those stylish bracers a while longer, until we bring you to a proper smith. On the bright side, you can whip your captor, if we find him, with a sturdy length of chain. A fair trade, if you ask me."

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
Zelas trailed behind the others, wondering what the second pathway might lead to. He reached for his left shoulder to steady... A babe that was no longer there, he couldn't help but feel a pang of loss at that. He could only hope that that Rowany-woman was taking good care of her. It wouldn't have been a good idea to bring her here anyways, those rats had wiped away any doubts of that. He felt a bit better that even the Ralkharan had been understanding of his slip up earlier. In the heat of the moment he had reached for his ouzala in place of his spells, perhaps it was his father's blood in him. He shook his head at that thought.

Zelas sauntered up to the prison cell door, peered in and saw the heavily marked man. His jaw dropped.
"By Axtrami's balls! What's happened to you, did the rats eat your face?"

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »
"Forget strangling the ish kalzeen I'm gonna cut out his spleen and make him wear it like a hat."  Duxo rattled his chains, "Now if you could hurry up and get both of us out of these chains I've got an orc to murder."
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 08:09:19 PM »
In short order, the two captives were free of their chains. The manacles on them proved to be too sturdy to break, however, and their hands remained bound.

"There was a guard here earlier," Tar-Sul mentioned, "He went through that door a couple of hours ago, and I haven't seen him since. He might have a key to these d**ned locks! Our clothes might be in there, too."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:59:17 PM by Shadoweagle »

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 08:28:31 PM »
"I see. Then shall we?" Auxzali said, opening the door as quietly as he could.

He looked down the shadowy corridor. Perhaps it was down here? Auxzali wondered.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
The door swung open easily, yet Auxzali's heart sank as he heard the faintest *click* followed by an audible *TWANG!* In the darkness of the corridor before him, a sudden movement of something streaming straight towards him!

1d8 +1 damage from an arrow trap! Rolled a 1! So lucky, Caesar :p

2 damage! You have a chance for 1/2 damage (1 dmg) with a successful DC15 reflex save! Roll away!

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »
Auxzali, seeing Death speeding towards him, threw himself to the side, but to no avail. The arrow, catching his body in mid-air, twisted him and throwing him to the ground. Auxzali groaned, and clutched the area of his arm that had the arrow sticking out.

He sat up, and pushing with his legs, sat back against the wall. He looked over his arm closely, to determine the best procedure for healing it.

17 for heal, +9 bonus gets a 26 total. I'm not fully certain that heal is the right skill check, but I'm not going to bother with a spell or channel energy on this scratch

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 07:06:47 AM »
Zelas was grumbling to himself. Were all < voutzias > this rude? The least the ugly man could have done after he'd been saved was answer Zelas's question. He snapped out of it, as his overly eager friend opened the door at the end of the other pathway. "No, wait-" Zelas had time to say, just as an arrow shot forth straight into Auxzali's arm. Zelas hurried to his friend's side, preparing a spell for whoever had dared shoot at them.

I'm readying an acid dart, if I see anyone or anything emerge from the door, I cast the spell.

"Are you okay, is it bad!?" He shouted as he tried to see inside the room.

A perception check, please.