llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: new Marvel team cartoon  (Read 3462 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
new Marvel team cartoon
« on: September 21, 2013, 01:18:11 PM »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: new Marvel team cartoon
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:00:48 PM »
They are digging into the benchwarmers and minor leagues for characters aren't they?

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
Pixar can at least tell a good story still. I would be willing to see whatever they come up with. If they can memorize with some blips and bleeps for an hour with Wall-E, they can keep me busy with any third string character they thing has a story to tell, and I will probably love it.

At least they aren't doing something stupid like remaking the awesome foreign film Trollhunter. Oh, wait, somebody is remaking that. Bullocks.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
Oh don't get me started on remakes and sequels, Cars 2, Airplanes or what the heck they're gonna call it, and worst of all RoboCop.

It seems every single film these days is either or. Perhaps the worst offender was remaking Spiderman after just 2 years or so. So sick of superhero movies.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 11:32:14 PM »
It's a bad time to be sick of superhero movies. Batman vs Superman, Thor the Dark World, Capt America Winter Soldier, Avengers 2, more spiderman, and who knows how many more X-men movies

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Article Guild Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
They are digging into the benchwarmers and minor leagues for characters aren't they?

These are minor characters in the grand scheme of things. However, they have one thing in common.  The writers can do lots of things with them and Fanboys will not cry and scream "Foul" and "Not in Continuity" and "How could you do this to my favorite character?:!?!?"

These are characters that people will for the most part go into without knowing anything about them.  People will be going to see a cool movie, rather than Marvel Comic Movie.  (Or television show/cartoon ... it all extends).  (Or in the Super Six's case, they will be going to see an Anime...)

Think about the problems Marvel has had with most of its mainline comic movies (Daredevil, Electra, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, and most of the Spider Series).  They all didn't quite fit the comic character style and storyline.  The fans cried, yelled, and screamed. (we are filtering out the acting issues.)   Normal people didn't go see them because these were Comic Movies, obviously for comic fans.  The Avengers sequence were all continuity reboots (and listed as reboots) and they were not all received warmly by the fans.  Avengers 1 was the first one that didn't take any flack from anyone and did really well. (Arguments can be made for Cap 1 and Iron 1)

And the cartoons have all been hit or miss, though Ultimate Spiderman seems to be doing well.. mostly because it is tossing most of Marvel Continuity out the window... yet still using all those cameos to their advantage.

So yah.  Smart Move.  Use some properties that the fanboys might like and will make a good normal movie/  television show/ cartoon. 

It is a smart move to create
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:38:23 PM by MoonHunter »
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©