Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Tomes and Illusions

Riddick

(1/2) > >>

MysticMoon:
Watched this last night and loved it. It's definitely more Pitch Black than Chronicles of Riddick:

http://youtu.be/zH3O-CeZckE

Scrasamax:
I enjoyed the movie, but IMHO it was too much Pitch Black, wife called who would survive halfway through the movie, and I don't know that I liked how the film ended.

Also, I want to know more about what happened with him and the Necromongers because they are the best bad guys to come out of sci-fi in a while.

MysticMoon:
Aside from a few fun parts, I hated Chronicles. It didn't fit at all into the world that Pitch Black painted and I had already become sick of the stupid prophecy trope. Taken on their own and as a separate franchise, I agree with you about the Necromongers. But I was glad to see that Riddick went back to its Pitch Black roots.

In other words, you disliked the things I enjoyed about it and vice versa :P

(As an aside, my teenage daughter burst out laughing loud enough for the rest of the theater to hear when Santana got it. Have to say, I felt a certain twisted pride in that. :) )

Scrasamax:

--- Quote from: MysticMoon on September 12, 2013, 08:35:37 AM ---Aside from a few fun parts, I hated Chronicles. It didn't fit at all into the world that Pitch Black painted and I had already become sick of the stupid prophecy trope. Taken on their own and as a separate franchise, I agree with you about the Necromongers. But I was glad to see that Riddick went back to its Pitch Black roots.

In other words, you disliked the things I enjoyed about it and vice versa :P

(As an aside, my teenage daughter burst out laughing loud enough for the rest of the theater to hear when Santana got it. Have to say, I felt a certain twisted pride in that. :) )

--- End quote ---

I like the universe that Riddick paints, and comparing Pitch Black to Chronicles does both a disfavor, its comparing Beverly Hills to Bumhug Arizona. The prophecy trope was played way to heavy and it flirted with Star Wars like Force, but danced away from it. I want Riddick to be brutal and gritty, not mystical Furyan warrior guy.

But yeah, I want a Necromonger novel, and a movie: Till Underverse Come, the Necromonger Trilogy, episode 1

MysticMoon:

--- Quote from: Scrasamax on September 12, 2013, 10:46:51 AM ---But yeah, I want a Necromonger novel, and a movie: Till Underverse Come, the Necromonger Trilogy, episode 1

--- End quote ---

Now that I want to see!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version