llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Riddick  (Read 1093 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
Riddick
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:01:45 AM »
Watched this last night and loved it. It's definitely more Pitch Black than Chronicles of Riddick:

Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Re: Riddick
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »
I enjoyed the movie, but IMHO it was too much Pitch Black, wife called who would survive halfway through the movie, and I don't know that I liked how the film ended.

Also, I want to know more about what happened with him and the Necromongers because they are the best bad guys to come out of sci-fi in a while.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
Aside from a few fun parts, I hated Chronicles. It didn't fit at all into the world that Pitch Black painted and I had already become sick of the stupid prophecy trope. Taken on their own and as a separate franchise, I agree with you about the Necromongers. But I was glad to see that Riddick went back to its Pitch Black roots.

In other words, you disliked the things I enjoyed about it and vice versa :P

(As an aside, my teenage daughter burst out laughing loud enough for the rest of the theater to hear when Santana got it. Have to say, I felt a certain twisted pride in that. :) )

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »
Aside from a few fun parts, I hated Chronicles. It didn't fit at all into the world that Pitch Black painted and I had already become sick of the stupid prophecy trope. Taken on their own and as a separate franchise, I agree with you about the Necromongers. But I was glad to see that Riddick went back to its Pitch Black roots.

In other words, you disliked the things I enjoyed about it and vice versa :P

(As an aside, my teenage daughter burst out laughing loud enough for the rest of the theater to hear when Santana got it. Have to say, I felt a certain twisted pride in that. :) )

I like the universe that Riddick paints, and comparing Pitch Black to Chronicles does both a disfavor, its comparing Beverly Hills to Bumhug Arizona. The prophecy trope was played way to heavy and it flirted with Star Wars like Force, but danced away from it. I want Riddick to be brutal and gritty, not mystical Furyan warrior guy.

But yeah, I want a Necromonger novel, and a movie: Till Underverse Come, the Necromonger Trilogy, episode 1

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:51:12 AM »
But yeah, I want a Necromonger novel, and a movie: Till Underverse Come, the Necromonger Trilogy, episode 1

Now that I want to see!

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:55:32 PM »
Episode I

Begins with the Furyan prophecy, Lord Marshall makes the quest voyage to the edge of the Underverse, climax of film is the scourging of Furya and the first use of the planet glassing weapons.

Episode II

A holy war breaks out between the Necromonger Armada and a coalition of colonies and worlds that are in their path. Necropolis is launched into space, Vaako and the Purifier and other lieutenants within the sect run their individual missions to conquer and subjugate. Main enemies are the Elementals, and mercenaries hired by the various worlds. A few ship to ship battles, and climax is breaking the Alliance fleet and burning their homeworld, ends with replinishing the ranks.

Episode III

At the gates of the Underverse, insert eldritch unholy artefact, A loose band of would be heroes mount a desperate attack to destroy the artefact, slaying Lord Marshall and crippling Necropolis in the act. Necromongers still achieve Underverse.