llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Splat-Submissions for the Cosmic Era  (Read 2417 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Splat-Submissions for the Cosmic Era
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
So I recently completed http://strolen.com/viewing/Cosmic_Era_Doom_Bestiary to accompany SE's http://strolen.com/viewing/The_Flight_of_Retribution. I found the submission fun and entertaining to write, and given it's so far perfect score, (limited to two votes so far) it has been a success.

What I want to know is would this type of submission be seen as more mass acceptable. There is a lot of material that is source for the Cosmic Era that i would like to just port over/convert to fit into the setting and its technology and terminology. This will make a good deal of this easier for me, which will let me get more of it out of my head so I can concentrate on something else.

Some stuff I am wanting to port over:

Battletech (certain mechs)
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Assorted other fighting video games
(with links to the cascade martial arts sub, possibly spinning off smaller specific martial arts and cascade submission entries)

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards Questor 2013 Location of the Year NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: Splat-Submissions for the Cosmic Era
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 05:08:39 PM »
In all honesty, the enormity of the Cosmic Era info that you have produced is very daunting to me, and its why I dont always comment and vote on some of it: I feel like there is so much info I have missed and my comments and votes could end up being mis-informed. Also, fantasy is more my realm than Sci fi, so that's another hurdle for me to jump. I do like to try and vote on I i can though because you've put a hell of a lot of effort into the Cosmic Era, and it deserves recognition for that alone.

The Doom Bestiary was good because Doom is a very nostalgic thing for me : I have fond memories of blasting down gains of hell and such with my brothers or friends via the old serial network :p so because Doom was familiar to be I felt more comfortable checking out that sub!

I would say that other nostalgic type things would have a similar effect on other people, so by all means, go foe it!

Perhaps you can port over some Privateer stuff; that was the one space flying game I used to love! :p
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline MysticMoon

• Malsaĝulo de Reĝoj
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Mi serĉas vortojn
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator 2011 Society of the Year
    • Campfire Stories
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
I only wish I'd read the Doom Bestiary before The Flight of Retribution.

I say go for it. I haven't been able to read all the Cosmic Era stuff but I really like it. Maybe someday there will be a way for you to package it all up in some more organized format.
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
I only wish I'd read the Doom Bestiary before The Flight of Retribution.

I say go for it. I haven't been able to read all the Cosmic Era stuff but I really like it. Maybe someday there will be a way for you to package it all up in some more organized format.

I'd like to do that, but I feel like that is the sort of thing that I will need to find outside help with.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity