llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking for players (An invitation to Strolenites)  (Read 1279 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
  • Awards Plot Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild 2010 Item of the Year
    • Awards
Looking for players (An invitation to Strolenites)
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:20:29 AM »
So with the end of Kingmakers, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a new campaign. Since I've wanted a smaller group and I don't plan on inviting all of my previous players back (and not all those invited are interested), I thought I'd check and see if anyone here would be interested in playing.

Details:
Genre: Covert Ops/Spies
Setting: Modern Day Earth
System: GURPS (I can provide instruction and materials for those new to the system.)
Medium: Skype. Usually everyone chills in a skype call while typing out everything in-game in the chat. We have not used a grid or battlemap, and I likely won't for this.
Schedule: Likely Monday or Friday, once a week. My group usually started by 6-8pm EST, ending anywhere from midnight to 4AM. (Given my recent Sleep Schedule, I will be very adverse to staying up too late past 2AM)
Special Restrictions: I'd have to politely (but firmly) ask anyone playing in the campaign to avoid looking over any material for the campaign I posted to the site.
# of Players desired: 3-4
# of Players confirmed so far: 2 (although one is unavailable until early September)

It's past my bedtime, and I figure anyone interested can reply here or PM me for more information or with any questions anyone might have. Thanks for your consideration guys.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When one gazes into an abyss, he is gazed into by the abyss.-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: Looking for players (An invitation to Strolenites)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:49:19 AM »
I can't do it. But I just thought i'd say it sounds cool! Good luck with your endeavors.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:32 AM »
I don't have Skype ability, and my schedule doesn't work with the game (bane of my life for the last 7 years, working second shift) but I hope it goes well Ted

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline mrcelophane

• Journeyman
  • And never know I'm there....
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »
ever thought of doing something like "Roll Play" where you stream to an audience on Twitch?

Also, I generally turn off internet around 10:30-11:00 PM CST...don't know if I could fit into your schedule.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:57:54 AM by mrcelophane »
--------------------------------------------------------
2 Steps to Success
1. Never give away all of your secrets

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
  • Awards Plot Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild 2010 Item of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »
ever thought of doing something like "Roll Play" where you stream to an audience on Twitch?

Also, I generally turn off internet around 10:30-11:00 PM CST...don't know if I could fit into your schedule.

First point: Not really. The skype call itself usually turns widely off-topic, especially when the PCs are in the middle of a lengthy conversation in the chat.

And actually, going offline ~11PM CST is Midnight EST, so that might work for 3-4 hour sessions starting around 8PM EST (7PM CST).
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When one gazes into an abyss, he is gazed into by the abyss.-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Offline mrcelophane

• Journeyman
  • And never know I'm there....
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:56 AM »
School starts this coming monday. Let me try to figure out my schedule and work load and see if this is even possible. I would not want to quit half way.  And don't hold the spot: if someone else comes along, feel free. Never played in the system so I would probably be a drag.
2 Steps to Success
1. Never give away all of your secrets