llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hell's Flames Make Nice Shadow Puppets  (Read 3691 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Hell's Flames Make Nice Shadow Puppets
« on: August 19, 2013, 06:33:33 PM »
    After sending my application to the Occult Brotherhood's leader, Lazarus Lightward, I find myself in a trial period. Reading the letter Lazarus sent, I discover that I must:

-Create an NPC which relates to demons, devils or occultish activities. The name of this NPC will be the name you adopt when you become a minion of The Occult Brotherhood, so choose carefully!  --Jacob Latris :book:

-Create a location infested with or pertaining to demons, devils or the summoning of such.  --Congeria :reddevil:

-Create a 'minor demon' lifeform. Not something able to raze cities, but something which can prove to be tricky to those who encounter it.  --Daimon  :cthulhu:

-Find, comment and vote on two submissions relating to anything infernal  --Gathrack and Sirafel

-Add one idea to the main page relating to the occult  --Idea: A Killer in Town

With feverish abandon, I will set about completing these various tasks. For I am no ordinary mortal- I am Jacob Latris.[/list]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:09:17 AM by caesar193 »

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: Hell's Flames Make Nice Shadow Puppets
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
Jacob Latris.

Your pledge to the brotherhood comes as no surprise to us; we have been watching you for some time.
I admit I am eager to learn more of your past, as well as what you have to offer us. I could send my inquisitors to find out, of course, but I find information given freely is more reliable. Besides, I am sure I will have lost several of my best inquisitors before that which I want to know would have been gleaned from you.

You have some tasks ahead of you; I suggest you get to it! Consider your pledge accepted.

L. Lightward.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:34:53 PM »
Dear L. Lightward,

I write to inform you that I have made progress in that you would have me do. My tale, complete with secrets that I have never revealed, is complete. Though it may be vain of me to tell you this, I will tell you nonetheless: I have run through roughly one and a half inkpots in the writing of my tale. I believe that you will be satisfied that I have come to a full disclosure to the Brotherhood. As you can see, the tale of I, Jacob Latris, is fully enclosed inside this letter.

Progress, esteemed Hellpriest, has also been made on another front. I have successfully set foot in the plane of Congeria, the land of the demons. I am the only man in Atheus to do this task, and am currently putting together the necessary supplies to map it fully. The only things known of the realm of Congeria are that the demon's reside there and what I have seen with my own eyes. I shall conduct many an expirement on the realm, and enclose my notes and maps in another letter.

Sincerely, ever your servant,

Jacob Latris

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
Dear L. Lightward,

Enclosed in this missive is my notes and my maps on the plane of Congeria. I hope it finds you well, and your plans successful. Perhaps the knowledge of the Land of the Demons will aid you in your search, for I know it has mine.

But now you have confronted me with a difficult choice. There are a myriad of demons in this world. Of which of these should I write to gain entry into your Brotherhood? Choices, choices...

Jacob Latris

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »
Dear L. Lightward,

I hope this letter finds you well. I write to inform you that, instead of summoning you a demon, however minor, I have created a Daimon of each major type (there was a small degree of trial and error to get those three types, and have let them loose within Atheus. Mostly so as to get them to cease bothering me and my work. I placed a tracking beacon on each of them, and have plotted their general locations on a map; instructions on making use of the spell and the map are included in this missive.

I also have tracked down two ancient scrolls relating to our art: the first goes by the name of Gathrack, and the second by the name of Sirafel. I shall review them presently.

Jacob Latris

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »
Dear L. Lightward,

I have come up, recently, for a single idea that, though it does not directly help my main goals, does progress the helpful task of hindering the cursed heroes. I have labeled it Idea 698, and thus you may find it in my Tome of Ideas, which I gave to you in our earlier meeting.

As this has been done, I believe that all my tasks are thus complete. All I wait for now is both acceptance and accolades for my summoning, and thus I will be done and have succeeded in joining the brotherhood quite soon. It is but a waiting game now.

Jacob Latris

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
Dear L. Lightward,

After pledging myself, and thus my soul, to the infernal depths of the Brotherhood, I recieved a list of requirements that I must complete as my rite of passage. This I have done. You required information on my past; I provided a full biography. You required a demonic location; I provided my maps and notes on Congeria. You required a summoning; I showed you the Daimons which blight my lands. You required that each of the previous be widely praised unto a certain limit; each has recieved more than the minimum requirement. You required I study ancient tomes; I studied a cat-demon and a fallen angel.

Thus, I believe that I have passed all of your requirements. I will await your missive acknowledging this fact, and thus allowing me to pass into the Brotherhood as a minion.

Jacob Latris

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Shadoweagle

• Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
Jacob.

Truly you have surpassed all of our expectations. Your reports on the magical nature of the demons within your land is truly comprehensive and has enriched our understanding of their nature. In light of your contributions, I feel it is fitting to formally announce you a Minion of the Brotherhood.

But do not let your ambitions fall short , Jacob Latris! For you are destined to be more than a mere minion! I ask that you consider advancement to the rank of Demonologist. You have the drive and ability we like, and you would go far within the Occult Brotherhood.

Respectfully,
Lazarus Lightward.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.