llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Newbie but only to the board  (Read 1100 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

relaxedtimes

Newbie but only to the board
« on: August 08, 2003, 11:55:06 PM »
Greatings and salutations from countries far and wide.  I my self am a traveler of the world and first gamed when the books were pamphlets(boy that date's me).  I am a collector and dedicated fanatic of day dreaming... (running and playing) Currently i game with a freind and his son who I have knowen for over 14 years.  we game over the net as often as possible (at least twice a week).  And are intrested in our group growing in size.  Some rules for our group...
1. If you don't enjoy having fun don't game with us.
2. Rules ... what rules ... well I am not that extreme but we do bend the rules a bit... well actually the Crooked Man Walking The Crooked Mile comes to mind.  Also I normally run my own material which you as the player create without even knowing that you did it.
3. We are intinterested in learning the new rules.
4. We like to have fun and work on the honor system obviously when gamming.  However I can not stand a cheat so if you always hit at those critical moments and never miss I am not interested in having you join.
5.  The final notice to this is that in my game (as I am normally the DM) you are not likely to die without warning, or unless you are clueless and as a first level mage want to take on the barbarian horde well REST IN PIECES .
Ant Way that is a little about me and my friends if you are intrested please respond. :?:  :idea:  8)

Sincerely Dungeon Master Elite

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 01:37:46 AM »
"D'ARR!"

A penguin, dressed in a ridiculous pirate get-up, complete with giant feather-plume hat, tattered seaman's jacket, wooden toy sword, and rose-lensed goggles, crashes through the ceiling riding a giant sloshing barrel. He tosses relaxedtimes a frosty mug of frothy, foamy, salty, green grog.

"I be Cap'n Penguin! Welcome teh' th' board, me matey!"
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 01:37:28 AM »
*A young women looks up from her discarded writing*

Salutations my dear friend.

I sincerly welcome thy to this humble abode in the wide citadel where many come for a drink or a chat.

Personaly I am afraid I am more of a tabletop player myself and try to shy away from the internet, while not occupied by other RL matters, so I do fear I will not entirly fit your profile.

However, I think adding a little information to your kind request might help in finding others to join your game.
(What time zone are you in and what is your general time of play?)

Again do not add this information for my benefit, but for your own.

Besides that, I bid thee to explore the citadel and join our intresting discussions on numerous subjects.

Yours,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)