llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Gathering  (Read 21471 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2013, 06:28:51 PM »
Looking about carefully, no tracks lead away from the dead coyotes.

Marcus noticed as he handled the corpses, that the dead coyotes eyes were heavily bloodshot and that blood seemed to have flowed out of the ears of both coyotes he examined to that point.  It seemed they had curled up and died, even though none sported wounds that appeared mortal.

Looking around the room he found mostly small scattered bones - rabbits and the like.  There were moldy pads that had served as beds for the coyotes, and in one corner a metal baseball bat.

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
The fact that there were no other tracks than 'yotes could mean either three things that Carny could think of; whatever killed them doesn't leave tracks(and could possibly still be around 'ere), they encountered this danger elsewhere and came back ta die or lastly, disease.

"Better not touch the corpses, they mite be dat they're infected wit sumthin... Either that or sumthin strange killed em. Some of em don't even have any gunshot wounds, mite 'ave been bludgeoned ta death... Or a loud noise...bleeding outta their ears. Probably bled out internally."

Carnegie stood up, she didn't want to stay too close in case disease was behind their deaths.

"Let's keep on looking..." She said, and tried to find another route leading out of the gymnasium, further into the school.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
The school had obviously been picked over in the past, but not completely empty.  The warren of rooms and passages afforded many places to hide things, and so a truly thorough search would perhaps take days.

The gymnasium yielded a number of wooden baseball bats.

Lockers in the hallway yielded a couple of usable jackets, some size 6 (youth) shoes and a pair of baseball caps. Hundreds of moldy books are available as well.

The cafeteria yielded a half-dozen cans of various foodstuffs, and an array of metal pans.  There is a pop machine.

Near a window on the second floor were four spent rifle casings and nearby that, a lunchbox with 30 caps inside. 


If there is anything specific you would like to attempt to scavenge, apart from finished goods of course, please let me know.

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »
Carnegie, while looking for a janitors room or the like, managed to find a heavy metal door set at the bottom of a short staircase down, leading below ground level. It appears to be locked or perhaps stuck.

Luc's torch is starting to sputter out.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
(13:33:06) Minion: Shadoweagle rolls 1d20 and gets 15.
With a swing of his wrench, Luc mashed the soda machine open. Six cans rolled out onto the floor, which he quickly scavenged. He also snatched a couple of the frypans for scrap metal.

Luc sidled up behind Carnegie as she found the door, still stuffing his bags with the cans he scavenged from the soda machine. "Ya wanna check it out in there, Carny?" he asked, his frustrations were beginning to fade with time, "I'll have to light another torch. Reckon we should head back to town soon, though! I wanna let the mayor know about these dead coyotes."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:34:36 PM by Shadoweagle »
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »
Carnegie was surprised to hear him address her directly again, though she welcomed it. Maybe there was no need for apologies, at least not now. They had both done wrong. "I'd hate ta leave like this, we still dunn know what killed 'em 'yotes. But I guess we cannae comb the whole place. Let's get Marcus and Anya, check out this last room n' call it a day, then." Together they climbed the stairs back up to find the others.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »
They found Marcus thumbing through the books, looking for one that was blank and could be written in. He looked up at their approach.

"Aye, let's go check out the basement. Mebbe we'll get lucky and there won't be a bomb in this one," he said, throwing another useless book behind him. "Anya's over there, I believe."

Let's go kill some things in the basement!

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2013, 10:16:31 AM »
The small group assembled near the door apparently leading into the basement.  The metal door appeared to be quite strong, and Marcus's attempt to pull it open was unsuccessful - it was clearly locked or very badly ceased.

No window pierced the door, and above it could be seen a mount point which likely once housed a camera.  Now the metal bracket is twisted and careful search of the nearby debris turned  up what might once have been a security camera before it was apparently smashed.

The door itself shows no signs of attempted forced entry - yet.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
"I really want to bust this door open," Marcus said. "Screw stealth, we'll rip it open and charge forward. Plus, it'll give us an easy way to retreat if things go sour."

He got a good grip on the door for the removal of it. "So, on the count of three?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
Carnegie stepped back, took position and readied her rifle. Ripping off doors wasn't her kind of job.

Readied shot against anything that tries to attack us. Rolled a 9 +6.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »
Hearing no objections, Marcus began to count. "On three, two, one," he said, and with a grunt, he tried to rip it off, but failed.

(13:15:30) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 9.

"Fine, ya piece of s-," he almost said, than glanced at Carnegie. "I mean, ya piece of crap."

"Hey, Kreadle, come over here and get your hands dirty."

If someone comes and aids me in ripping this door off, I get a (13:18:15) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 14. +5 making it 19.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
Even with Kreadle's assistance the door resisted the attempts at ripping it off, barely acknowledging their efforts.  They could tell the door was being held closed at multiple points, so it was locked, not merely jammed.  The frame that held it was covered by metal moulding as well.






   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »
Carnegie lowered her rifle. "Looks like it ain't budging. Whoever sealed it wanted it to remain shut. Could mean there's somethin good in there...or somethin really bad. What now?."

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:55:48 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2013, 10:04:02 AM »
"I ain't going to let a f**king door beat me!" Marcus snarled. "If we can't get in by opening tha door, I'll go at it from the sides."

He brandished his axe. "You people should probably back up," he said, before he started chopping his way in at the door frame. Pausing in his choppings for a moment, Marcus said, "and I could use a nice strong door like this as well, for if I build myself a house."

Marcus takes ten on chopping the door around its very hinges.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
Sparks flew as his axe bit into the cinder block walls that held the door, at first small chunks of concrete began to fly.

Luc added to the din with his wrench, smashing at the concrete and sending chunks to the ground.

A few really load, dusty minutes later, the door's own weight played against the weakened fasteners and began to shift.  Luc and Marcus stepped out of the way as the door crashed down, a thunderous boom punctuating its landing.

The entry to the basement yawned open.

An odd whirring sound started off low and began to rise in pitch, along with other mechanical noises as something began moving within.

A harsh, inhuman voice range out.  "Intruders Identify!"

Whatever it was, was coming closer - several small red lights could be seen emerging from the darkness...

Time for one action each before initiative.  Line of sight exists for Marcus and Luc. Anya and Kreadle are somewhat back.  Post your pre-init action, and then your initiative roll.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2013, 11:27:58 AM »
Okay, apparently I didn't have LOS. So have this happen later then, Initiative 15+6

"Oh my god...." Carnegie said and with one smooth movement she flung up her rifle and fired, aiming at one of the red lights.

14+7, damage 9+7

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:04:49 PM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
Mortimer flipped his shield onto his arm, and holding it in a defensive position, charged, sprinting into the darkness, screaming a warcry, and when he got close enough to hit something, anything, he swung blindly with his axe.

when charging, I can move 100 feet per round, so I think I made it with enough time to take a swing at the thing.
Attack roll: (14:44:48) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 20. Oh, ya, get some, mechanical monster!
Damage: (14:47:07) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d8 and gets 4. So x3 for 12 damage I believe
Initiative: (14:48:20) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 2.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
Luc swore and moved to get around the thing - whatever this thing was.

Marcus barrelled into the room and smashed his axe into the cylindrical _thing_.

His blade caught it full in the middle of its metal torso and sent sparks, fragments of metal and plastic flying.
The machine whirred and sparked as it struggled to remain upright.  Enough light was present to show it had several arms, one of which had some type of cylindrical device, another some type of cutter.

Round 0 - Marcus did 12 points + 7 for strength (axe used two handed - see OOC notes) - 19 points before Reduction

SE, init roll and actions, if you please :) Anya and kreadle will hold off for the moment, as the doorway is getting rather crowded and friendly fire is a real danger.





« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:47:55 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
It was shortly thereafter that Carnegie's rifle boomed and the round ploughed into what passed for the robot's 'head', shattering more metal, glass and plastic.  It limbs lashed out wildly and a blue bolt of energy lanced out and scorched a bit of cealing.  The circular cutter arm swung about, nearly slicing Marcus but short by an inch.

Luc, now in position, though a bit spooked by the gunshot, brought his wrench down on the mechanical menace, barely hitting, but damaging the erratic robot.


[edit]
Marcus can attack again before round 1 is over
Rolled init for Luc and it was bad.  Sneak attack was successful, though blunted somewhat by the robots DR. 8 points total before DR.  Round the next please.  Robot is going at 5....


« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:46:22 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
This robot was pissing Marcus off. He hated things that couldn't bleed, that were made out of a material that resisted his strikes- of course, armor in general was ok, as long as there was fleshy bits underneath for his axe to sink into.

But right now, this f**king cutter arm was what was annoying him the most.

Well, thought Marcus. If I can't hurt you, you shouldn't be able to hurt me, you little piece of mechanic s**t.

He slipped his shield off his arm, and raised his axe. He sliced down at the cutter arm, attempting to cut it off completely.

my attack roll: (12:55:34) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 15.
My damage: (12:55:34) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 15.


"Carnegie! Stop firing into my melee and get me some f**king light!"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:16:30 PM by caesar193 »

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
The general stress of the battle made Carny loosen up a little for once.

"You need ta stop wading into MY aim! And I ain't got no light, Luc?!"

She kept the sights on the thing just in case, though it sure was dark in there.

Do I need to fire?
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »
He missed the cutter arm - the thing had lunged - or perhaps fallen - fully into the path of the descending blade.

His axe finished the destruction of the thing's head, smashing various electronics within.  The red lights winked out and the machine collapsed to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut.

A few small sparks flew and then nothing could be heard apart from Marcus's furious breathing..


5 points rolled + strength finished the bot.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
"F**king piece of metallic s**t..." Murmered Marcus as he kicked the things head.

"Well, at least since this thing's here actin' as giard dog there'll be good loot," he said as he sheathed his shield, and then began rummaging in his bag for a torch. Finding it, as well as means to light it, a cheery fire soon cast a warm light over the walls and objects. His eyes, as well as his hands, soon began looking around the room with interest.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3217
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
The flickering torch revealed some pertinent details of the room.

Rectangular, 30'x10, with the doorway centered on the long dimension.  Shelves on either side with boxes and many large plastic containers.  Brooms and mops on one side, card-board boxes filled with glass tubes on the other.

The robot's blade appeared to be some sort of multitool. The other arms included cleaning heads and manipulator arms.

There was another door - much different then the one they entered - at the narrow end of the rightmost side of the room. It was a massive metal door, circular in nature with a hinge recessed into the floor. Some sort of control panel was mounted to the wall nearby.  The centre of the door had the numbers '117' prominently emblazoned on them.



   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 731
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2013, 01:27:19 PM »
Carnegie started rummaging through the boxes and containers, looking for anything useful. She then attempted to disassemble the robot's arm trying to get the multi-tool loose. She wasn't all that interested in the door, knowing it would only lead to more trouble.

Perception check +6
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4