llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Gathering  (Read 21334 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3206
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
It took only a few minutes to make it back to camp. Everyone was awake when she arrived.

Kreadle was industriously sharpening a knife. 
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »
Carnegie emerged from the bush, shouldering her rifle. When she spotted Luc, she promptly looked away and ignored him, mustering her courage and headed instead for Marcus, Elvis met her mid-stride and tailed her with an adoring gaze.

"Hey uh..." As Marcus swung his gaze on her, she almost lost her nerve, but she swallowed and continued.

"I just saw a dead coyote out there with its throat ripped out. I think there mite be more'n jus the one pack. Or that... Maybe the big uns we saw are eatin the small uns." She scratched her nose and looked away, shrugging. "Anyway...Thought you should know..." She finished lamely and patted Elvis, then she returned to her abandoned bedroll and started packing up her stuff, it was time to get started on breakfast.

I'm assuming it's morning since everyone's up. Oh crap, I seriously rolled a 1 for breakfast. I'm blaming emotional trauma!

Carnegie stabbed ferociously at the fire, muttering to herself. She then went and fetched some water, when she returned, the bugs she had been grilling had turned charcoal black. She angrily blew some hair out of her face and grimaced. Then she angrily cut the things to pieces and served it anyways, she handed everyone a plate except for Luc, then she plopped down and ate in silence.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Kassy

  • Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 699
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2013, 07:52:31 AM »
Waiting to see how Carnegie would react when she came back Anya went over and sat next to her. Seeing the distressed look on her face she tried to calm her down "It's not that bad I'm sure we can still eat it if we scrape off the outer layer ey!".

She noticed that this wasn't all, and after those hurried and nervous (?) words with Marcus she decided to enquire further. "Is everything ok dear? Anything I can help you with, woman to woman?"

OOC: Don't get too excited guys, I don't know how often I'll be able to post. I do want to keep this going though and will do what I can if I'm near a computer and have a few moments.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »
Carnegie almost choked on her food, was she that obvious? She looked shyly at Anya and looked around to see that Luc hadn't joined them yet. "Oh uhm. It's nuttin, don't worry bout it... Sorry bout the food, I've never cooked bugs afore t'day." It really did taste horrible. Not even Elvis would eat this. She blushed in shame, close to tears yet again, but she managed to choke it down and calm herself. She repeated to Anya what she had told Marcus.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Golden Creator Locations Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
Marcus was, in certain cases, blind. Thanking and congratulating Carnegie for the meal, he wolfed it down. He'd made worse things by his own hand in his time amongst the trees. He then started clearing up his portion of camp, and placing it all in its assigned places in his bag.

When this was done, he sat down on a handy rock and waited for everyone to finish breakfast and get ready to leave. As he did, he said, "so. Do we head back to Kenebac, report back, get more supplies, and return, or do we head out and finish the job now?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2013, 07:22:15 AM »
Carnegie was feeling miserable, she didn't really feel up to the task at the moment, but the job wasn't finished. She didn't feel brave enough to speak her mind in front of the whole group though, especially now with things being the way they were with Luc. She whispered and conferred with Anya, and made her voice it instead, that the job was still unfinished and the abandoned building which was seemingly the 'yotes lair still beckoned.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »
Luc was in a foul mood. While the others ate, he kept to himself and peered into the woods, though his eyes were unfocused. Carnegie was pissed with him for some reason he couldn't fathom, and his beloved crossbow was now cinders.

the smell of the burnt bugs caused him to wrinkle his nose, and he glanced to the group. Carnegie was sitting, talking quietly to Anya, and Marcus was complimenting her on her meal. Kreadle was silent; unreadable. When their meal was done and Marcus's question asked, Luc stood, still not facing the group. Back turned, he answered, "We have a job to do. We hunt." He grabbed his wrench from his belt - since his crossbow was no more - and glanced to Anya, taking care not to acknowledge Carnegie. "Anya. Kreadle. Show us the way."
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3206
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Kreadle nodded. 

Anya, having accompanied Carnegie on the first scouting trip new the way, but kept quiet.  The air was thick with unresolved anger, and then a could of foreboding descended as the
structure came into view.  It looked to once have been a school, a massive wooden playground nearby built to resemble a fanciful castle. 


The tracks lead into a set of double doors that were smashed and lying to either side.  The building brickwork was dotted with the scars of small arms fire, though none of it looked recent.

A faint familiar scent of carrion wafted from the doorway.

All was silent.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
Luc was on a mission today; he refused to talk to anyone - even Marcus - with more than a few words. At the sight of the doors, he looked around at the building. "Marc, i think you, Anya and Carnegie should scout out this entrance. Kreadle - wanna come with me and we will search for other entrances?"

if all is good, Luc will take Kreadle and see if he can find a window to look in and possible climb through. Luc wants a bit of space from Carny at the moment :p things are a little tense and his usual humor is gone.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Golden Creator Locations Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
Marcus nodded silently. His recent brush with explosives left him with a desire for protection, and thus he gripped his shield at the ready and his axe raised for attack.

He slowly, carefully, and stealthily approached the entrance.

stealth and perception checks

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »
Carny had washed the dishes and taken the opportunity to answer the call of the wild before they set off.

She didn't recognize Luc at all, it was like he had become a stranger. He had no right to be mad, he had been the one to hurt her! She had been planning to make him suffer a bit, but he wouldn't even offer an apology, it was all really vexing. And as if that wasn't bad enough he kept ignoring her, well two could play that game, she decided, though her anger didn't do much to replace how hurt she felt.

Standing in front of the large building, Luc went off with Kreadle. She felt a sting of worry, but refused to acknowledge it. She took in a deep breath, cocked her rifle and focused on the job ahead, Elvis by her side.

Stealth and perception here too please.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Kassy

  • Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 699
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2013, 06:44:51 AM »
Nodding to Luc Anya unshouldered and made ready her rifle.

Whatever was going on between Luc and Carnegie would have to wait, now was not the time nor the place to let emotions boil over. Emotions that could lead to lesser alertness, rash decisions, and possibly end with disastrous consequences. With this in mind she looked back at Luc and Carnegie and said; "Whatever's the matter with you both either resolve it now, or put it away until we're home. This place is dangerous enough without us fighting amongst ourselves. Please." She added in an attempt to cool things. "We need to focus and work together properly, I don't want any of you getting hurt" Or worse.., she shuddered at the thought.

"Right, let's take a look."

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3206
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
As with many occupied or recently occupied structures, the ground floor of the building had been fortified.  Sheet metal, car doors, wood, and piled dirt covered virtually all of the windows.  There was the main door they had already found, and a second metal door which appeared to be locked and bolted from the indoors. This second door was about 30 meters from first open door.

Most of the reinforcements, save for the piled earth, looked like they could be pried back or chopped through, but not silently.  The second floor had many windows, but they were partially boarded up and did not offer easy egress either.

While circumnavigating the structure, Marcus noticed a very rusty, yet serviceable machete lying near a few scattered fragments of clothing.

Successful Perception Roll for Luc
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »
Luc studied the other entrances for a while, before shaking his head and moving quietly back to the main entrance - he decided the noise made by breaking and entering was not worth the risk, so he followed the others into the door.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Golden Creator Locations Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
Marcus picked up the machete, and examined it for a moment, before stowing it in his pack. Who knows, he might need a spare weapon. He then returned to the door.

"Shall I kick it down?" Whispered Marcus with a feral grin.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »
Luc smiled at Marcus's suggestion, "you can try... I'll go in this way - your racket may cause a disturbance though!"
with that, the man sneaked through the door, eyes open and keen for any nastiness - the explosion from the day before had made him a very wary man!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3206
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »
The interior of the school was quite sparse and dirty, and the smell of both blood and offal filled the air.  Bloodstains and bloody paw-prints were in abundance on the battered tiled floor.

Lockers lined the hallway walls, most hanging open and empty, though here and there old mouldering clothing could be seen.  There were plenty of doors, open and closed, but the tracks ignored them and proceeded deeper into the structure.

At this point, what little light that came in from the door no longer allowed the prints to be followed.  What windows were there were boarded up or otherwise blocked.

The yawning darkness beckoned, and nothing could be heard save for the companions breathing.


   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
"Godd**n, it's dark... Gimme a second..." Luc spoke softly, then rummaged through his pack. He withdrew a torch and his flint and steel. After several unsuccessful strikes the torch finally lit, and he raised it high to illuminate their surroundings. In his other hand, he grabbed his wrench and gripped it tightly.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3206
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »
The torchlight pushed back the darkness and revealed the bloody pawprints that led inwards. It seemed clear that there were no bloody prints going outwards.

Before long they came to a very large room with a basketball net on the nearby wall. Further down the room where some kind of foam pads and what appeared to be furry forms sprawled on them. 

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2013, 11:39:05 AM »
Seeing her quarry, Carny silently raised her rifle and lined up her shot.

Readying an action to shoot at the biggest form, 14 +7 Dex+weapon prof +1 for Readied shot against an animal (22 total). If it moves, I fire.
7+8, 15 damage total.
 +10 for Stealth.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:42:20 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
Luc gripped his wrench tight - he wished he had his crossbow right now! Getting too close with the torch may rouse the beasts. A worrying thought came to him, though, as he remembered overhearing Carnegie this morning - something about finding a Coyote with it's throat ripped out. He turned and rested a hand gently on the top of Carnegie's rifle, speaking to her directly for perhaps the first time today, his voice gentle "Hold for just a moment; I have a bad feeling. Mark," He turned to Marcus, "Can you hold the torch for a sec? I want to go make sure they're breathin'. What if that 'yote from last night was killed by something even meaner?"

He passed the torch to Marcus and quietly padded towards the coyotes. His eyes were peeled for signs of life - breathing, murmuring, shifting... an intact throat.

(08:30:54) Minion: Shadoweagle rolls 1d20 and gets 11 + 7 Stealth: 18 (Unless you want to roll it yourself, Val!)
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3206
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »
Indeed. The light from the torch should have roused them already.

As Luc appoached, it was clear his suspicious were correct.  None of the four animals sprawled about would trouble people any more.  All lay motionless on the pads which served as their bedding.  Apart from some gunshot wounds, none obviously lethal, the cause of death of these coyotes was not immediately obvious.



   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »
Luc swore softly underneath his breath and quietly stalked back to his companions, "They're dead. Dunno how - some are shot but that ain't what killed 'em." He exhaled quietly - the man was thoroughly spooked. What if Carnegie had shot, and it alerted whatever killed the 'yotes? Then again - who's to say what killed 'em. They could have drunk some polluted water and come back here to die, for all he knew.
"I don't like the stink of this place. I'd say we should go, but the Mayor will probably send us straight back out to make sure whatever killed these won't threaten the town... What do you think? Search the place?"
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Golden Creator Locations Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
"I say we find this new threat and let it taste my axe," Marcus said. "I have no pressing need to return to Kenebac. Carnegie, ya think you can track it down?"

While saying this, Marcus headed over to the corpses himself and knelt and examined them. Then, he searched the room himself.

know (nature) I suppose, and search check, please.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2013, 06:06:05 AM »
Only when Luc's suspicions proved correct, did Carnegie lower her rifle. She should have realized that herself, no animal would remain sleeping in the invading light of the torches. She wouldn't normally make such a mistake, but maybe her instincts had told her to hold her fire at least.

She sighed and knelt down by the massacred bodies, the bullet wounds must have been her doing, meaning this happened fairly recently.
"I'll try...It's so dark in here though. Bring a torch over."

Survival check +6 +1 to tracking, to look for prints.
And Perception +6 to check out the room and to see if the wounds match the one I saw earlier.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4