llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Gathering  (Read 5107 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
After eating the stew and complimenting Carnegie on its completion after Luc did, he eyed Luc as he got the stimpack. He was about to preemptively shut down the use of it when Luc spoke.

"That depends, Luc," Marcus answered. "Is there a chance that ya'll not waste the stimpack on me?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:47 AM »
Carnegie eyed Luc, she felt torn between compliment and insult. In the end, she shrugged it off. Even Marcus had expressed his like. She smiled to herself. She looked up at the exchange between the two men. She wanted to add that Marcus would probably be the most likely candidate to get hurt again anyways and so would need it the most, but she didn't dare.

Instead, she turned to Luc. "Ehrm. What was that thing that gone exploded anyways? Did anyone bother to check what it was?" Anya nodded her agreement at the question.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Luc sighed at the stubbornness of his friend and left the stimpack with Marcus; whether he used it or not was up to the big man: he could nit force him (Marcus would snap him like a twig if he tried!)

To Carnegie he shrugged, "D'no Carny; all I know is I'm not going back in there to find out! That Fu... Er, that house could drop any second!" Luc dropped his bowl down to Elvis to let him lick it, "alright, I'm gonna grab some shut-eye. Ah, but first...!" The man pulled a satchel out of his bag - inside it were caltrops. He didnt have enough to circle the whole area but he placed them in what he thought would be likely spots of entry to the small camp they had made.
"Now," he said as he finished, "I think we should all try and catch some sleep" he looked pointedly at Marcus.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2965
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2013, 07:28:32 AM »
Kreadle looked at Luc, "We're not inside the fort here - we'll need to take watches, unless you want to wake up with those coyotes munching our throats. I'll take first watch if you want."

 A loud creak, followed by the sound of wood tearing, and a small wall of noise announced the nearby house's final demise. A large cloud of dust came billowing up.  Then everything was still, save for small sounds of debris settling.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:10:32 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2013, 09:21:36 AM »
Carnegie shared a look with Anya. So much for checking the house. She gathered the dishes and cutlery and went to the nearest stream to clean them out. When she came back, she did some basic gun maintenance, loaded it anew in case she would need it and then settled in her sleeping bag. Elvis came and curled up next to her as the rest of the camp prepared themselves for the night.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »
Marcus flinched as the house collapsed for its final time. He strolled over to the crater filled with debris and burnt planks. He looked at it for a moment, melancholy, and then began to set up his tent. Afterward, be contemplated using the stimpack. If he did use it, he'd be able to kill things for longer. If he didn't, then they'd have the stimpack in case one of them got seriously injured beyond the petty scratches he all ready had.

He sighed heavily. As the incident with the house proved, Luc was probably smarter than he was. And as they'd still have another stimpack for possible injuries. It was time to swallow his stubborness. He examined the directions for the moment, and then began applying the stimpack

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2965
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
The instructions were very simple. A protective plastic cover on the tip of the device was to be removed, and the tip was to be pushed in near the point of injury.

He noticed there were numbers and letters on it that may signify a date or something - EXP DEC 11 2034 as he pushed on the device. A sudden snap of a spring shot the stimpacks payload into his bloodstream, and along with it sudden burning agony.  His heartrate spiked hard and his vision was distorted slightly with each heartbeat.

He felt the substance circulate in his blood and quickly settle at the point of his injuries, where if anything the pain grew more intense.  However, to his amazement, pale skin began to form over the wounds, as though invisible spiders were spinning a web.

7 hp restored. A feeling of tiredness and residual pain

Shortly thereafter his heart-rate returned to normal and his vision no longer was messed up.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
Luc shuddered at the sound of the house collapsing but resisted making any further jibes Marcus's way - the man had walked away from an explosion! He didnt need any more 'told you so's'. "You're right, Kreadle. I'll take second."

With that, Luc unrolled his bedroll and climbed inside.

Luc is a bit wary of Kreadle. Because of this, he plans to feign sleeping through Kreadle's watch and watch him. After that, he will do his watch and them have solid sleep through the final 3 watches (hopefully!)
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »
Shuddering from the aftereffects of the stimpack, and promising himself that he would never, ever, do that again, Marcus strolled over to the medipack and gently dropped the used stimpack in. He then claimed third watch for himself, before settling in his tent. He pondered his journal for a moment, and then decided he'd do it during his watch.

Marcus quickly fell asleep that night, with dreams of explosions echoing across his eyelids.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2965
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2013, 06:44:53 PM »
While the others were getting settled in their beds, Kreadle moved over to the fallen house and pulled a number of boards out of the wreckage to keep feeding the fire.

Once they settled in, Kreadle sat quietly, and then fished some type of cigarette from inside his jacket. He lit it from an ember, the light on his face looking odd from the underlighting.
He then took out his weapons and began to clean them.

Luc had nearly drifted off before Kreadle got up and nudged him 'awake'.  "A whole lotta nothin'. Figured the coyote's might of howled tonight. Might be too early though. I suspect somethin' might come sniffing after all the blood here tonight."

With that, Kreadle got his bedrollout and went to sleep.  "Nighty night."



   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »
"Sleep tight." Luc nodded at Kreadle's report and pushed himself up for his turn at watch. He sat where Kreadle had been and listened intently into the night for unfamiliar sounds. Luc fed the fire from time to time with some spare planks of wood that kreadle had collected, and he nirsed his crossbow on his lap.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
Some time later, Carnegie roused. At first, she lay looking up into the endless night sky, then her gaze fell on Luc sitting alone by the fire. She took her rifle and got up. She went to sit down by the fire with him. "Hey." She whispered. "Seen anything?" She looked around, trying to pierce the darkness with her eagle-eyes.

Perception check, trying to spot or hear anything untoward.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2013, 07:08:07 PM »
"Whole lotta nuthin'. Been real quiet too." Luc smiled at Carnegie. "Couldn't sleep huh? I'm dog-tired! Nearly time for me to give Mark the boot for his watch though.

Idly prodding at the fire, Luc drifted into silence. It had been a pretty exciting day, from coyotes to beetles to explosions. He was silently wishing for a calm night, but things were almost too calm for him - he was on edge, waiting for something to go wrong!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2013, 04:46:56 AM »
"Don't bother, I'm already up so I might as well take the next watch." She looked at the sky again. "Sure is pretty out tonite, huh?" She gave Luc a warm smile. "It's almost like today never happened. More excitement than I've seen in a while though. Not that I'm complainin...I mean I...it's fun havin some company fer a change, usually it's juss me huntin on my own, well juss me an Elvis...and..." She trailed off.

Carnegie almost groaned, he already knew all this. She wasn't good at these sort of things. Then a thought hit her.

"Hey, uh. Didn't yer crossbow break? Did you fix it, or? I'm better with guns, but I could prolly take a look at it, if'n you want..."
She glanced at him shyly then looked promptly at the fire, trying to seem disinterested of his answer.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2965
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »
Out of the corner of his eye, Luc caught movement.  Turning, he saw an odd sight.  A small pinpoint of red light high in the sky.  Not a star - he had never seen a star that shade of red, and he knew most of them. 

And this one was moving. Not fast - it was drifting slowly across the sky in the direction of Stonehammer.

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »
"Yeah, sure Carny, it would be great if you could check it out for me!" Luc handed his crossbow over eagerly, and peered up to the skies as directed, "Yeah, real pretty night; can see the stars really... Hrm." Luc paused, confused as he spotted the red, moving light.

"That's odd - you see that one up there?" Luc directed Carnegie's eyes to the moving light, "That doesn't look like a star. What do you suppose..." leaping to his feet, Luc gasped dramatically and nudged Carnegie, "I know what it is, Carnie!" Luc paused for effect, then burst out,
 "Aliens! They've finally come to take you home!"
Luc burst out in a stifled laughter at his own joke, trying not to rouse the others.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2013, 06:18:33 AM »
Carnegie took the crossbow with a smile, then looked up with confusion. True, that was no star...what could it- Carnegie froze when she heard the "joke". Was that what he thought of her? Was she so akward that she was like an alien to him? She looked down, biting back bitter tears of anger. She threw the crossbow onto the fire! "That's good fer nothin' but kindlin!" She exclaimed and stormed off, striding straight into the woods.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »
Luc actually yelped as Carnegie threw his broken crossbow in the fire and stormed off. He jumped forth to grab the crossbow, them hesitated, taking a step in the direction that Carnegie went. Then he stopped and rubbed his head, "What the sweet @!#$ just happened!?" should he stay and give her space, or go after her? Why were women so god-d**ned temperamental?
Huffing, luc sat back down at the fire and grumbled to himself. If he explored the world for a thousand years and unlocked the secrets all the lands had to offer, he would still not know why women acted in the manner they did. She was like a little sister to him; hopefully she still thought of him as a brother...

Luc cursed then stood, giving Marcus a boot - perhaps a little harder than necessary. "You're up for watch, Mark. Carnie's gone off in the woods but. Im sure she hasn't gone far: she'll no doubt be bac k soon."
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »
Marcus gave his friend a look.

"Girl trouble?" He grunted, still half-asleep.

He leaned up, and moved in front of the fire with his journal and pen in hand.

Love, it seemed, was tearing his team apart. S***.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2965
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
Through her tears and darkness, Carnegie could barely see a thing. Branches and twigs made her travel painful, and noisy.
Very quickly her foot stepped on something much softer then she expected. She nearly tripped over a carcass of something - her nose told her that much.





   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1799
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:42 PM »
"Show me a woman that makes sense and I'll show you a man in drag." Luc sighed, but gave a half-hearted smile to Marcus before rolling up in his bedroll.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
Marcus half-smiled at Luc's comment, before turning his attention to the fire and his journal, scribbling in the day's adventures, while keeping senses tuned for danger and the elusive Carnegie.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:14 AM »
Carnegie kept gasping for air between violent sobs as she barged through the woods. She broke off a branch and started swatting all around with it, as she stumbled on. After a while, she had almost run out of tears. She wiped her face on her sleeve. She must look awful, she thought. She wasn't one of those girls who could cry and still look pretty, her face got all red and blotchy, almost as if she was allergic to her own tears. I'm an idiot, she thought. No! HE's the idiot! He keeps treatin' me like I'm one of his..his..stupid drinkin' buddies, she grumbled. She sighed and walked on in silence for a while, starting to regret having stormed off, it was gonna be hard returning after that. Where was she anyways?

And that's when her boot squelched on something moist. What the...? She thought, and snapped back to her senses. A carcass could mean something was close by. She readied her rifle and hunched down, scanning the surrounding area for movement. Maybe she was an idiot after all...

Perception check to check my surroundings, +6.
Stealth to keep quiet(although that's probably pointless by now :p ) +10.
Survival check to see what kind of tracks surround the carcass,+7 and how fresh it is, +6.
Nature to see what kind of animal it was that got killed, +5.
And finally I ready an action to shoot anything hostile coming at me.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2965
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
Nothing was moving nearby that she could tell - not that much could be seen despite the lightening on the horizon that signified sunrise not being that far off.

The corpse appeared roughly coyote-sized, and even in the dim half light she could see what killed it.

The throat was torn out.

 
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 668
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2013, 07:10:10 AM »
Carnegie surveyed the scene as close as she dared while keeping on the lookout for anything moving. The kill was fresh, that didn't make her feel any better. Only coyote tracks though, were they killin' their own now? Perhaps a rivaling pack, or those bigger mutated ones were behind this. In either case, it was nothing she couldn't handle. Even the biggest ones had gone down in one shot afore. Still, she supposed she would have to swallow her pride and return to camp sooner or later.

She slowly began backtracking, eyes nd ears wide and head scanning her surroundings, she followed her own all too obvious trail heading back to camp.

Still have the readied shot, I hope.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4