llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Gathering  (Read 4886 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »
Marcus did not hear Luc's cry for help, nor did he hear Kreadle's hit or Anya's miss. The fury at these insufferable creatures had risen, and consumed him. Marcus roared in anger, for now he was more beast than man. In case you missed it, Marcus the Barbarian is now Raging

Gripping his axe with a vengeance, he cleaved out at the two coyotes in front of him.

I'm cleaving them. First coyote is the uninjured one, second is the injured one.

First roll: (11:42:54) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 20. Woot! Now my Crit Confirm: (11:46:52) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 5. Which I believe still makes it a crit, since I have +5 str bonus, +1 masterwork bonus, and +4 morale bonus to strength from my Rage. Not sure if the Rage bonus goes onto the base or what, but either way, I'm pretty sure the gets me over their AC.

Damage to first coyote is: (11:47:32) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d8 and gets 6. x3 gets me a 18, and I'm fairly certain a dead coyote.

Second Coyote attack: (11:56:38) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 18. Huzzah! Damage: (11:57:09) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d8 and gets 6. I'm going to call that a kill, what with the original 5 damage. Feel free to correct me, and I'll edit it.


Marcus's axe sliced through the coyote, chopping through the midsection, and hurried on to the second, and buried itself deep into the beast's body, slamming it into the ground. It gave a little twitch, and died. He raised his axe, and gripped it in two hands. He panted heavily, and looked for more prey.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:14:44 AM by caesar193 »

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2941
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
After dispatching both of the coyotes with his surge, Marcus looked about and saw no remaining coyotes..  The injured ones had fled, leaving the dead ones behind.

Kreadle said quickly, while reloading his revolver, and than his shotgun, "That got intense real quick. Never saw 'em charge like that - they normally try to surround ya and book it if you see 'em."

He then took out his knife and began to make ready to skin the critters.  "Don't feel like packing out the whole things, they make terrible eatin'. "

See Rules. Simply put. I'm old school and crits do not need 'confirmed'. :) In any case, no amendments required.

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »
It had all gone so fast. Her failed shot hadn't mattered in the least. No further 'yotes remained, so Carnegie took a gander through her scope to survey the surrounding area.

No Input, so I'll fill in the blanks then.

After two minutes of scanning the surrounding woodlands, she felt confident that nothing was stirring. So she fetched Elvis from the adjoining room, descended the stairs and asked around if everyone was okay. She also took the opportunity to start dragging the 'yotes to a pile, to prepare 'em for skinning.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:00:07 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
Marcus shuddered as his battlerage left him, and gathered his fallen equipment. Rummaging in his bag, he removed a cloth and a whetstone, and started cleaning and sharpening his axe. His father, when he wasn't raining blows on him, to always keep good care for his equipment, and thus Marcus always made a habit of taking care of his weapons after a fight. No matter how tired he was, and gods, a battle always does make him exhausted.

Eyeing Carnegie emerge from the ruin, and the two start skinning the coyotes.

"Nice shootin'," Marcus said. "So, we campin' here, or returnin' to Kenebac?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 04:54:10 PM »
Luc watched Kreadle working away at skinning the coyotes for a while, though he didnt offer to help; he would probably just mangle the hide. As Carnegie came out of the building he waved to her, then shrugged at Marcus's question. "I d'no Mark. It would be good to be in walls before night falls, but then again I dont want to be travelling at night."
Luc peered around him, "Maybe when Kreadle finishes we can start back, and if it looks like we aren't making time we can camp out in the house with that play set outside of it. I guess id like to hear Anya's opinion. She's the one who organized this rag tag crew anyway!"
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2013, 05:33:22 AM »
Slowly sawing through the hide and the fat, Carnegie felt a bit uneasy about Marcus's attention. "Oh...uh, thanks... Nice uh...chopping." She finished lamely and gesticulated with her knife. Luc answered Marcus's question for her. She bent down to her work again but quietly added, "I wouldn't mind campin out here for a while..." Feeling abit distracted, trying to eye Marcus's reaction, her knife poked a hole through the hide. "Oh goshdarnit..." She whispered harshly.

Survival check (for skinning) 2 +6

Flustered, she looked up and saw blood running from Marcus's legs. "You uh...Hrmm. You should clean those out." She said, trying to hide her nerves behind nonchalance.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »
Looking down at his legs after Carnegie pointed out he bleeding, Marcus said, with a look of surprise on his face, "Huh. Would ya look that."

He paused a moment, and then said "Eh, it can wait. I'll finish with my axe, and then take a look."

Marcus took one long stroke on his blade with his whetstone. He eyed the blade critically, and tested it with his finger. Sucking his newly-formed cut on his finger, Marcus slipped the Sauvage Axe back in his pack, and looked at his legs. "Hey, Luc, can I borrow a bandage?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Kassy

  • Iron Priestess
  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 483
  • #KeepFlyin
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2013, 05:54:47 AM »
Having remained pretty quiet, inwardly cursing herself for her lack of accuracy on the one shot that could almost have ended Marcus. A couple of coyotes wouldn't kick it off, what the hell woman, get a grip!

After taking a moment to calm herself down, she dawdled over to Marcus, "Sorry Marcus, I dunno what happened there. Gimm'e a look at that scratch, it's the least I can do for ye"

Turning to address the rest of the group, she said; "We'd best camp here, this place has four walls, it'll offer cover enough and a stable firing position if any more of those critters come back. Perhaps we should also scout a bit further tomorrow, just to make sure?"

"What do you think Carnie, dear?"

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2
"Apprentice Scribe and Priestess of Procrastination"
Resting

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »
Luc tossed a bandage to Anya, since she bordered to patch up Marcus's scratch. "Better watch he doesn't turn into a were-coyote next full moon!" he laughed at himself - Luc knew his friend well; a cut like that wouldn't faze the great Marcus Sauvage!
At Anya's suggestion he nodded; "You're the boss!" he tried d**n hard not not to show any signs of regret that they were no longer heading back to town - he almost succeeded, too! Luc was hesitant to argue the matter with Anya; after all, she organized the group!

Luc peered over Carnegie's shoulder as she aoded in the skinning, and with a too-straight face muttered "er... should that hole be there? It's supposed to be there, right?"

Finally, he stepped back and knelt down to give Elvis a scratch behind the ear, "C'mon Elvis! Lets go check out our sweet digs for the night!"


Once all is done outside and everyone is set up in the house, Luc would like to set up some caltrops (in his inventory) at the door and first-floor windows of the house as a precaution.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2013, 10:03:45 AM »
"Well, Anya, if ya insist," Marcus said, and turned his body so his legs were next to his soon-to-be healer. He laid back, and let Anya get on with it.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »
"Huh? Oh... yeah...Sounds good!" Carnegie smiled at the prospect of sleeping outdoors for a while longer. She stashed away the ruined skin and gave a look of warning for Luc. Mumbling to herself, she returned to her work. "Don't put away that axe just yet... Need to cut up the meat..." She let Marcus know, with her gaze fixed on the cadaver, her knife working anew.

New survival check to skin and cut up a new critter, a 10 +6, should be enough I hope.

Elvis leaned in on his buddy, tongue hanging out, and happily dogged him to the ruins.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Kassy

  • Iron Priestess
  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 483
  • #KeepFlyin
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2013, 06:50:36 AM »
Catching the bandage thrown to her, Anya noticed the fleeting look of what might be disapproval cross Luc's face but dismissed it as irritation/coming down in the wake of combat.

Proceeding to clean and bandage Marcus' leg scratch she gave him a grin; "Could have been worse, ey?"


Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2
"Apprentice Scribe and Priestess of Procrastination"
Resting

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »
Once Carnegie was done skinning. It occurred to her that several 'yotes had been injured, it wouldn't be right to just leave them out there like that, her father had taught her better than that. She dried her bloody hands off on the grass and picked up her rifle. She stood up and announced. "I'mma go see if I can't catch up with the injured ones, see if'n I can't put em out of their misery." She shouldered her rifle and started walking.

"Someone look after Elvis for me, kay?"

Okay, first of all, I want to make a survival check to estimate how many hours I have until sundown; 9 +6 (unless someone has a Clock or something).

Then another Survival for tracking the injured ones, should be blood and stuff so hopefully I'll get to add a bonus to the check, even if the tracks are one or two hours old by now; 16 +6+1 ( 23 total ) And I'll be moving slowly so as not to get any penalties.


She bent down to some bloodied underbrush, and started from there.

If anyone wish to tag along, you're welcome to, but you ought to be trained in stealth preferably.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Kassy

  • Iron Priestess
  • Master
  • ***
  • Posts: 483
  • #KeepFlyin
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2013, 04:34:36 AM »
"Hold up dear!" Anya called over to Carnegie, "Let me just finish patching up Marcus here and then I'll join you. Two scopes are better than one and I can watch your back."

With a grin, she looked up at Marcus; "Done, that'll see you through until it heals properly."

After finishing up Marcus' bandage she gave her weapons the once over, the .50 would need cleaning, but that could wait. Her sidearm hadn't been used, yet.

Looking back toward the rest of the party, she checked to make sure they would be safe.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2
"Apprentice Scribe and Priestess of Procrastination"
Resting

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2013, 06:07:13 AM »
Luc looked at the building which was to be their shelter for the night forlornly, then scratched his beard as he considered - he was torn between aiding Carnegie in the hunt and setting up a camp - Anya, he thought, could take care of herself, but he always felt that he was somehow responsible for the shy girl's safety, even though she was more capable than he at combat. Finally, he shrugged - can't watch her 24/7!
"Hows about Mark and I set up camp in here  - Elvis will be fine with us. Kreadle - reckon you can go help out Anya and Carny? No flirting with 'em, mind - just watch their back!" He said it with a joking tone, but there was a gleam in his eye that suggested if he got too inappropriate with Carnegie, there would be trouble.

Luc gave Marcus a firm clap on the back, "All patched up, big guy!? How about we have a hunt through his place and see if there's anything of use?"

Change of plans! If Marcus is keen, we will secure the building with Elvis, while the girls and Kreadle go on a hunt to mop up the rest of the coyotes. We'll get a base camp nice and ready for 'em for when they get back! (here's hoping they get back!)
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »
Marcus stood and grabbed his axe from where he had lain it on the ground. He grinned, and said to Luc "Let's go. You should get Elvis, 'cause he'll probably like you more'n me."

He sheathed his axe and shield. After all, the girls had shot coyotes from in here. There probably wasn't any danger. Except from, naturally, rotted planks. Keeping his eye out for danger, he opened the door and entered the ruin.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2941
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »
Marcus/Luc


The house had been built sturdy in its day, and had held up well.  The upstairs had little of interest, save for the tattered remnants of some faded magazines, and some odd cracked plastisteel rectangles.  In one room there was a bedframe, still solid with a mouldy mattress atop.   In the room where the girls had fired from, Luc found a spent casing - Anya's apparently. He whistled at the size of the opening.

The basement, which they had left for last, proved to be somewhat more interesting.

The door that led to the basement was ajar, allowing some light into the darkened basement. Whatever windows led below were covered by many seasons of debris and plant growth.  A strong smell of rot wafted through the opening, and Marcus heard a chitinous clicking sound and a faint hissing from below in the darkness...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anya,Carnegie and Kreadle quickly found the trail - the coyotes which fled close by were badly injured and the trail was obvious - both by the occasional drop of blood and by the lack of care taken as they fled.

Very quickly, the trail strengthened, as it appeared that other coyotes had joined the ones the girls were tracking.  The tracks lead in the same direction that they had originally heard the yipes previously, before things got busy.

The tracks followed the main road to Bedmond for a while, and then turned off right, heading to a large, partially ruined brick building. A wooden playground was visible to the right of the building, built to look like an ancient castle.
A couple of old vehicles sat in front of the structure, rusted and battered.






« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:22:58 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:08 PM »
Marcus turned to Luc, and motioned for him to be quiet. As silently as possible, Marcus handed his friend his shield.

"If it's big, you go for the flank with yer wrench. If its bugs, charge and whack. Use my shield."

Marcus stealthily headed down the old stairs, axe at the ready, hoping to surprise whatever had made its home in the basement of this ruin.

Okay, stealth checks for all of the above.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2013, 05:43:19 AM »
Carnegie was feeling sulky, things hadn't worked out the way she had imagined. She had been secretly hoping for some alone time with Luc, instead she found herself in the company of two strangers...Well, mostly strangers she amended after a quick look at Anya. Still, Kreadle made a poor substitute. When she first came to Kenebac, Luc had become her first, and at the time, only friend. She couldn't help smile when she thought about the many times Luc had stood up for her, most of the time he'd been able to talk his way out of it, and her former tormentors had become his friends, but once or twice he had taken a beating, and he kept insisting in dangerous situations that he should be the one to protect her, even though out of the two, she was probably the more capable one. That was just one of the things she loved about him. Over the years she'd been in Kenebac he had become more than a friend, more like family, and she had to admit she had a bit of a crush on him. She felt herself blushing, he probably didn't think that way about her though... She shook her head, trying to clear it.

She was trying to keep her mind on the tracks as she brooded, just then, the few lone tracks turned into a veritable highway, and the forest opened up a bit, revealing yet more ruins.

She slowed down and held up a hand to stop the others. She crouched down and looked through her scope.

Requesting a perception check, +6+2 mod

The whole group should make a stealth check as well, +10 mod for me


As she scanned the surrounding area and the building especially, checking for movement, she whispered to the others.
"Looks like the stragglers got company. What are we gonna do now?"
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 02:55:33 AM »
Luc wordlessly grabbed Marcus's shield and held it as best he could - He had no idea what he was doing with the d**n thing, but had seen the big man use it before and figured he'd try and mimic him, should the situation present itself.

The man wished they could just board up the door and let whatever lived down here be, but who knew what other passageways out the basement may hold; better to sort out whatever was down there now, then be rudely awakened in the middle of the night by fangs!

"Elvis," He muttered to Carnegie's dog, "Carny'd slap me silly if anything happened to you; you'd best stay up here for now. Stay." He could always call on Elvis to come help if need be!

He spared a quick thought for the trio outside - He always worried about Carnegie, even though she was a capable girl; he didn't know why, he just felt responsible for her. He wouldn't have helped the girl out and befriended her when she first arrived, except -s**t, nobody else was doing it! She wasn't exactly an outgoing type and she would have been eaten alive; robbed, assaulted, probably. It was a close friendship that followed - an odd contrast to his companionship with Marcus; who he had no qualms about sending into the thick of things - his other close friend was d**n reliable; hell, he was walking head-first into a basement no doubt filled with nasty critters without complaining about Luc sneaking around behind him!

Anyways, Luc had to let Carnegie do things without him sometimes, for Luc as much as for the girl - this way, every time she came back alive it would affirm that she was capable without him. Besides, Anya was there! If anyone was able to look out for Carnegie it was Anya. The woman was gruff, unsociable and a little screwed in the head if you asked Luc, but when it came to situations in the wild she was as good as any! And then there was Kreadle who was handy with his pistol and a friendly enough lad.

Luc shook his head and began following Mark down the stairs sneakily. "Gawd," He thought to himself, "I could go for a drink right now."

Rolls!
Handle animal if required: 12
Stealth: 19
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2941
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »
Anya, Carnegie and Kreadle


Nothing.  Nothing moved in Carnegie's or Anya's scopes as they examined the structure.  All was quiet, save for the distant cawing of crows.

"Not sure I want to go into that building right now. Something odd here."  The trails did clearly head in the direction of the old school.



Marcus,Luc and Elvis

Most certainly it was bugs.  Only scant light streamed into the old basement, with several unidentified large metal machines barely visible. One had a large, clearly beetlelike creature upon it, appearing as little more then a black outline.  Sound let them know a second chittered on the ground near the other.

They had not noticed Marcus and Luc - yet, though they seemed to be becoming more animated about something...




   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1793
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »
Pausing on the staircase, Luc put a hand on Marcus's shoulder - wordlessly urging him to wait a moment; he wanted to let their eyes adjust to the light and see what was causing these bugs to chitter before they rab into the thick of things.


unless Marcus disagrees (which he is welcome to) Luc would like to hold off a round to see if he can see better and spot what the bugs are getting animated about! Perception check I suppose?
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Lord
  • *
  • Posts: 444
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2013, 08:25:03 PM »
Marcus nodded silently. He, too, gazed down at the creatures and attempted to figure out what exactly these bug things were, especially in the realm of weaknesses, as well as trying to determine what the objects were the bugs were clustered on. He blinked a couple of times, as he was impatient as he waited for his eyes to get used to the half-dark.

I presume its Knowledge (nature), so: (21:16:53) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 11. +4=15 total. If I get to roll for the second thing, then (21:21:00) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 7. +4, if it counts as a perception check.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 2941
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »
Marcus, Luc and Elvis

As his eyes adjusted to the light, he began to see the large dog-sized beetle on the metal box. He had seen these boxes before in other ruined homes - they often had large mixing-bowl like structures inside and had lots of pipes entering them. As far as either Luc or Marcus could tell, there were only two of them.

It was becoming rapidly clear that the beetles were becoming aware of Marcus and Luc's presence and soon even the beetle's poor vision would pick them out. 

You are in a surprise round if you choose to use it.


Carnegie, Anya and Kreadle

Anya shrugged and looked at Carnegie.  "Your call..."
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 654
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
I know that Kassy advocated that we leave and come back later, even though she disappeared for some reason.

It was becoming obvious that none of them felt like entering this unknown structure. "I... Guess we head back fer now. I don't wanna go in there, ta tell ya the truth. Least not t'day." She wasn't about to give up on her quarry, but even though it was cruel, it was probably safer for all of them if some of the wounded 'yotes had a chance of bleeding to death before they encountered this new and maybe even bigger pack. The job wasn't finished, that much was clear. Tomorrow, they could come back in full force and have Marcus kick the door in. Carnegie nodded to herself and turned around and started backtracking to where they had left the others.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4