llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Gathering  (Read 21387 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Kassy

  • Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 699
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 05:41:16 AM »
Anya cursed under her breath as Marcus ploughed on ahead. We should engage them at range, not sneak up to them! Less chance of us getting it in the neck that way..

Unshouldering her .50 Anya flicked open the cap at the rear end of her scope, not wanting to release the forward one in case any light was reflected that would draw unnecessary attention to their wherabouts.

Whilst squatting down to minimize her frame she began to scan her surroundings intensely, alert after that second yip for any sign of unnatural movement.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 05:47:44 AM »
Aww, that's evil! And I came 1 measly point short too! 7 +4=11! Uuuugh. Edit. Partial success.

Knowing what was coming, Carnegie whispered harshly to Elvis, who strained between his loyalty and his nature. But in the end, one stray bark and some whines escaped him.

Carnegie winced and hugged Elvis to try to shut him up. The cat raced off.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:14:55 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
Elvis sang but briefly, and was joined in his chorus by a number of other barks and yowls - that were quickly cut to short yipes and silence.

Not from ahead, but about 200'behind a ruin to the Left



Grey is buildings/ruins.  Scale is 20' per square


Edit - the ruin is not 200' away, but the noise sounds like it was...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:47:00 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »
Marcus' head snapped to the left. It seemed the coyotes had moved. Tactics started racing through his mind.

He examined the ruin to the left for a moment. Mostly to see if its multi-story, and if it is, the likelihood of usable stairs

"Let's choose our battlefield, eh? Let tha mongrels find us for a change. How 'bout you two," Marcus began, pointing at Carnegie and Anya, "climb up that ruin there, and snipe the b*****ds, while the rest of us engage on the ground, eh? Elvis can protect you two if the coyotes sneak 'round back."

He paused a moment, and then continued. "When tha two o' you get up there, I'll bait the f***ers into coming, with Kreadle and Luc hiding. Unless one o' you got a better idea?"

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »
Quick post due to having no time! :D

Luc nodded, "I have nothing better. I'll keep to the bushes and wait for you to draw 'em out. If they don't cooperate, Carny can always have Elvis bark up a storm to draw 'em over."
Luc slunk off to conceal himself in the scrub to the north, his crossbow at the ready. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins - fear and excitement driving him.

Unless stopped by Anya or Carnegie's opinion, Luc will use stealth now - Val needs to roll it for me! :D He will attempt to lie in wait until he has the opportunity for a stealthy sneak attack.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 07:53:42 AM »
Carnegie stood up and shared a look with Anya and nodded her consent to Marcus, but with a frown as she didn't approve of such language. She was surprised to hear him of all people talk about tactics, but it sounded like a good plan to her, as long as there weren't any 'yotes inside the building... She blushed at Luc's Words, but at least Elvis's bark had seemingly done them a favour this time. She wasn't sure if Anya approved of the plan, but she gave her a nod anyways and gripping her rifle, Elvis at her heel, she started towards the leftmost building, slowly but surely.

Alright, requesting a Perception check (+6 mod), once I reach the building wall, see if I spot or hear anything inside. And a Stealth check (+10 mod). If Anya's got a better idea, feel free to stop me.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »
Like with the others, disregard this if Anya gets an idea that trumps Marcus's.

Marcus, with the others heading off to their assigned posts, walked to his spot.

Though inside his emotions were in turmoil, he kept his face and body language calm and cool. The plan, he knew was a good one. The main problem with it was the key part- the baiting bit. He was the bait, like a worm on a fishhook, to be snapped up and devoured so as to get the catch. Yes, he had support on the ground with him, but he didn't know Kreadle well enough to know if he was worth s**t if things went south, and as for Luc, well, both he and Marcus acknowledged the fact that he was best at talking, not fighting. The only people of their group he could count on in a fight was Carnegie, though he would never admit such a thing to. She was pretty good with that rifle of hers. And then there was Anya. Luc had mentioned that she had some kind of mental problems, which cast a serious pall on her abilities as a fighter. Perhaps her demons would rise up and stop her from shooting.

Hell, Carnegie was a nice enuff lass. If Anya got demoned in the fight, Carnegie'd probably help her, and then where would they be. No ranged support, Kreadle maybe turning into a deserter, and him, no doubt enraged, unable to consider tactics! He wouldn't run then, and he'd get torn to shreds by the mutant, mongrel b*****ds.

Marcus shook his head vigorously, as if to shake these thoughts out of his head. This fight would go fine. Kreadle had a shotgun, and he'd be able to turn a couple of the f***ers into red mist before he could possibly get it in his head to run. And Luc would blindside them. This fight would go well. Hell, the fight would probably even make him mad, and a little rage always cleared his mind of doubts. All he had to do now was psyche himself up for this.

He scanned the treeline, Perception Check, +4 modalmost hoping to see the enemy so they could get this thing started, and then laid his shield on the ground where he could easily grab it, and readied one of his throwing daggers, though he kept his axe in hand. He'd need it to bait.

"Everyone ready?" Marcus called out to his allies, careful to keep his tone from revealing his misgivings.

Yeah! Marcus's Inner Monologue! Now you get to see what the meatshield thinks like, and what the meatshield thinks of you guys.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:03:34 AM by caesar193 »

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »
Anya, Carnegie and Elvis

Entry into the house was easy - the door apparently had been taken long ago by some scavenger.  Old wrecked. mouldy furniture was all that was inside, apart from a family of mice that scattered when the two women entered.
The walls still had most of its drywall, though many holes were in it, either from vandals, copper scavengers or animals making lairs.

The second floor was sturdy as well, and the two quickly found good windows overlooking the backyard.


Luc & Kreadle

Luc found cover in the shrubs on the right, and found a large rock to put his back to. Kreadle had joined him as well, levelling his shotgun at the gap between the trees and the ruin.



Marcus sat tight, in position. He thought he heard something - pattering of feet....



It did not take any baiting to draw the coyotes' out.  Anya and Carnegie had barely assumed their position when they saw a large group of canines of various configurations break from the treeline and barrel for the gap between their ruin and trees, directly towards where the others were waiting. They could see at least a half dozen animals..

Anya and Carnegie have a free shot now.  Two of the dogs are substantially bigger than the others, perhaps the size of a Saint Bernard.  Dogs are well within 1st range increment for both rifles. They will end the 'surprise' round 10' from the ruin, and not quite in line of sight for Marcus,Luc and Kreadle. At such point, Anya and Carnegie will need to shift windows to maintain line of sight.  DC 11 to hit big dogs, DC 12 for the smaller ones (Flatfooted)




« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:15:51 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »
From her vantage point up by the second floor window, it didn't take long for Carnegie to spot the approaching 'yotes.

"They're comin!" She bellowed and lined up her shot in her scope. She knew from experience that this wasn't normal behavior for coyotes, a cowardly animal, perhaps the others would run if she took out the big uns. She aimed for one of the big mutant 'yotes who was missing half an ear, inhaled, held her breath, and squeezed the trigger.

Shooting at half-ear, 16 +7+1, and 8,5(13) damage.

A clean kill! The bullet went right through its head, it dropped dead in its step.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:48:07 PM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
R1

A heartbeat later, Anya fired the cannon she called a rifle.

The .50 caliber shell slammed into the second large creature and down it dropped in a cloud of blood.

The two went down nearly simultaneously, so quickly that the remainder did not even register they were gone.  The twin gunshots, however, startled them.

They did, however, press their attack and four more of the smaller creatures emerged from the trees behind them.  Moments later the first group of five smaller coyotes popped around the corner.

Kreadle did not wait, and fired the moment he had a clear shot, though apparently missing.  He dropped it and drew his pistol.

Die roll 9+6 , damage 2d12 20 points (11+9).  4 'coyotes' at 80' from Anya/Carnegie. 5 small ones at 10'.

Due to concealment (Luc & Kreadle) and the recklessness of the coyote's, a surprise round can be taken before an initiative roll is required. Kreadle has already wasted his...

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »
Marcus threw his dagger straight at the horde of coyotes, almost not carrying which of them it hit I got a: (22:00:39) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 2. Yeah... Marcus is leaving the range stuff to Carnegie and Anya from now on.

Sighing, the warrior picked up his shield, readied his axe, and roared his defiance of both death and this new enemy, hoping to scare some of them off Intimidate check: (22:02:49) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 6. +4 for mod, and I get 10.

With axe and shield readied, Marcus waited for Death to come, so he could snap Death's bony carapace in half with his bare hands.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »
Luc and Kreadle hunkered down in their hiding spot. The two exchanged anxious glances but did not talk to one another; they both knew that silence was paramount.
Luc tensed, flinching at the sound of gunshots but not daring to move and lose their cover. Finally the coyotes came into view! Kreadle shot first, the gun roaring loudly and leaving a ringing in Luc's ears. The shot whistled through the air but met no target. Luc wasted no time, his crossbow loosing its bolt a second after. Not having been noticed, he was able to take the time to aim straight for the flank of the frontmost canine. Straight after his shot Luc mimicked Kreadle and fell flat, breathing heavily. Softly, he whispered, "I think I tagged one!"


Dice app rolled an 18 +2=20
1d8 damage= 5+2  = 7
1d6 sneak attack = 3
Total damage  = 10.

Another GM check to remain concealed please! -10 penalty I think I read somewhere?
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2013, 07:43:55 AM »
The crossbow bolt flew straight and true, catching the coyote full in the torso. The small, but dangerous animal dropped with a yipe, lungs punctured and ribs shattered.

The four coyotes caught sight of Marcus and as one, charged towards him, seemingly oblivious to their losses.

Kreadle whispered, "I'd say ya did more than tagged it! Right F'ked it up."

Kreadle goes at 14. Coyotes go at 9...  Anya and Carnegie need to roll if they move and shoot the close coyotes, no need if they fire at the new group.
Marcus   5, Carnegie   18.
And, luc at 16, Anya at 18 as well.     

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:35:01 PM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 07:51:54 AM »
Shooting against the pack of 4; 80ft away, I'm gonna call this one spotty, 8 +7+1 (16), damage 2,6 (8)

Spotting more 'yotes a comin, Carnegie decided to focus her fire on the reinforcements. They were fewer and further away, so maybe they could be scared off, if one or two of em dropped. She lined up her sight and fired once more, but at the last second, the creature shifted slightly, she hit it in the chest rather than the head.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »
Carnegie's coyote took the round in the shoulder, and severely injured from the hit, turned from its change and disappeared into the nearby brush.

Nearly the same instant, Anya's rifle boomed and winged another - the round not punching deep, but cutting an inch-deep furrow along the creature.
Not fatal, the wound was still enough to stop its charge, and it joined its compatriot in fleeing into the nearby underbrush.

The other two nearcomers, not near enough to see their targets, and surprised by the sudden departure of their fellows, turned tail and followed the wounded coyotes.

Four coyotes still remained to fall upon Marcus, Kreadle and Luc..

Edit: Messed up which group was shot at...

Neither dead, but close. Luc next up..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:03:21 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 10:40:08 PM »
Luc grinned at Kreadle, the adrenaline of the danger plus the success of his attack giving him a natural high, "Yeah! Well get a load o' this shot!"
Luc slammed a bolt into the notch of his crossbow and cranked it back. Inching up to get a good sight, he aimed his crossbow at the front coyote. With a steady exhale, Luc gently pressed the trigger.

*TWANG!!*

With a heartwrenching sound, the string of the crossbow snapped, nearly taking Luc's eye out. The bolt stayed exactly where it was in the weapon and the wood and creaked as it bent in a direction it wasn't supposed to go.
"@!#$ing arsewipe piece of s**t useless contraption not worth a @!#$ing..." The line of swearing Continued;  Carnegie would faint if she heard Luc pull such a string of curses out in one go!
Luc clipped his bow useless crossbow back on his belt and  pulled his wrench free instead. He would wait until Kreadle had another chance to fire before getting in his line of sight, however!

1d20 roll: 1
Luc's bow is screwed! :(

Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 08:28:57 AM »
Kreadle could not help laughing at Luc's outburst, and blasted away with his pistol. 

He was not sure if he hit or not - "I think I got his ear!" he shouted.

Given that they still need to close 10' to melee, there is an attack of opportunity (melee) available for Marcus, Kreadle and Luc.  Luc will need to use his messed up xbow as a club.

The four coyotes attempted to close the distance and two launched themselves at Marcus.  The two others closed on Kreadle and Luc..

Kreadle swung his pistol into the coyote's face, smashing it right in the teeth.  This was enough to convince the coyote to withdraw, and Kreadle swung once more at the departing coyote, though without effect.






   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline caesar193

  • Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • *
  • Posts: 457
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
My Attack of Opportunity:

Marcus laughed viciously as he swung his axe in an arc of steel and death with all his might at a coyote as it charged him. Blood and fluids burst from the creature as his axe bit deep into the beast.

I'm Power Attacking this coyote. My roll:(11:27:09) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 16, -1+1 from power attack and masterworkiness cancel. +5 from Strength modifier, gets me 21. Damage: (11:35:44) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d8 and gets 3, +2 from Power Attack gets 5.

I'm going to assume that that was the coyotes turn, which means Marcus can go. But one question: did my power attack carry over during this turn? If it did, feel free to apply.

Feeling his ancestral battle-rage start to emerge, though it had not come out yet, Marcus roared at his foe. He then let his shield drop from his left hand, and grabbed the edge of it before it hit the ground. He then whipped the shield out and bashed a coyote over the head with it.

(11:50:02) Minion: caesar193 rolls 1d20 and gets 6. I'll call that a miss

Missing the coyote with the shield, Marcus let the shield's momentum carry it out of his hand, and gripped his axe with both.

Marcus smiled with almost supreme joy. There was no moment better than this one right here, right now, with his rational side barely keeping his fury down, with an enemy attacking, and with the deep knowledge that soon, oh so very soon, that fury would emerge, his sight would go red, and nothing else would matter besides the pain and death of his enemies.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
--------------------------------------------------------
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »

The axe landed solid, cleaving muscle and cracking bone, but failed to slay it.  It did, however, arrest its charge and it snapped at air.

The second one took advantage of Marcus's wild swing with the shield, and grabbed a bit of his leg.

Coyote inflicts 2 hp damage to Marcus.
Kreadle inflicted 4 hp damage with his field dentistry on the Coyote. (missed that in post).


   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
Before Luc could get a handle on his wrench, the two coyotes lunged into the bushes where they hid! Kreadle scored a hit on the face of one of the creatures, and Luc swung with all his might to attempt the same thing on the other coyote!

rolled a 13 -1 for melee. Is that a hit? Also, what's clubbing damage for a crossbow? :p
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
One of the coyotes managed to snag Kreadle's arm, drawing blood but falling away.

Luc swung his crossbow, but swung wild.  The coyote, in turn, attempted to dodge the weapon and so missed with its own snap.


Round the next. Same init order. 
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 730
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 05:43:41 AM »
Having run out of targets, Carnegie rushed to another window. It was not a pleasant scene she was greeted with. Everyone outside were already engaged in battle. Figuring Luc could use the help the most, as his weapon had apparently broken, Carnegie quickly took aim at the 'yote snapping at him. This would have to be a good one, she didn't want to hit Luc by mistake. She aimed and...

Attacking Luc's 'yote, 14 +7+1 (-4 for shooting into melee) ( 18 ) , damage 1,1 ( 2 ugh.. )

Barely hit the durned jittery little thing, the bullet clipped a small piece of its ear off, as in slow-motion, she saw ( or maybe she imagined ), a single drop of blood flying into the air only to hit the ground, and reality returned with full force. Disappointment washed over her and she feared for them all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:19:27 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »
Perhaps it was with the haste that the shot was fired, but Anya's shot managed to punch a hole in the ground near Marcus, missing the coyote by a large margin, though Marcus's attention was firmly on the coyote attempting to eat his legs.

Luc's up!

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Shadoweagle

  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1826
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2013, 08:35:29 AM »
Finally, Luc had a chance to get a good grip on his wrench. With a grunt the man swung the heavy tool as quickly as he could. The wrench connected squarely on the side of the coyote's head; a solid, ringing blow!
"Mark!" he yelled with a hint of anxiety in his voice, "You know i'm not great at this stuff! A little help when you can?"
rolled 18 for hit on the attacking coyote. Assuming it is a hit, I rolled a 5 for damage! Last second post before bed!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13


Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3213
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: The Gathering
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »
Before Marcus could answer, possibly with an insult, Kreadle blasted away at Luc's Coyote and dropped him with a shot.

The two Coyotes on Marcus both lunged at him, wary of his axe, but driven on by something.

Again, one managed to bit his leg, while the other did not come close to landing a bite. 

Marcus up. 2 more HP inflicted on his poor kilted legs.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®