Marcus Anthony Sauvage

(1/2) > >>

caesar193:
Marcus Anthony Sauvage
Level TWO Barbarian

Initiative +2 = 2 [Dex]
Base Speed [ 40 (8 sq.) ] = 30 [Base] + 10 [Fast Movement]

Strength: 20 (+2 racial bonus, +3 extra die roll) - - - Modifier: +5
Decterity: 15 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Modifier: +2
Constitution: 16 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Modifier: +3
Intelligence: 10 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Modifier: +0
Wisdom: 10 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Modifier: +0
Charisma: 11 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Modifier: +0

Description:

Looks: Brown hair, Blue eyes
Height/Weight: 5' 11" tall, 185lbs. (Medium)
Homeland: Kenebac
Deity: Atheist

Defense:

Hit points:27
AC [16] = 10 +2 [Leather] +1 [Light Steel Shield] +2 [Dex] +1 [Armored Kilt]
Touch AC [13]    Flat-Footed [14]
Ballistic Vest- AC +0  DR +1  Special:  Converts 4 points ballistic damage into non-lethal. Can be stacked with other armour types apart from other damage conversions. No effect apart from DR for non-ballistic damage.

FORTITUDE SAVE
+6= 3 [base] +3 [Con]
REFLEX SAVE
+2= 0 [base] +2 [Dex]
WILL SAVE
+0    = 0 [base] +0 [Wis]

Offense:

Attack Bonus= +7 (Str. +5, BAB +2)

Battleaxe (masterwork, heirloom):
Type: medium, Damage: 1d8, Attack Bonus: +1, critical: x3

two daggers
type: medium, damage: 1d4 Critical: 19–20/×2, Range: 10 ft.

Feats:
Power Attack- add a -1 attack role penalty to get +2 attack damage. Effect lasts until next turn
Cleave- As a standard action, I can, if I hit my target, attack another target within reach and adjacent to the original target
(Free) Personal Firearm Proficiency

Traits:
Vengeful- +1 damage to the last person who, in a 24 hour period, dealt damage to me
Charger- add 10 to base speed when charging

Rage Powers:

Powerful Blow: once per rage, a strike's damage is increased by 1

Abilities:

Uncanny Dodge: cannot be caught flat-footed, dex. bonus to AC is not lost against invisible enemies

Skills:

SKILL   Total = Ability Mod. + Ranks + Misc.
C Acrobatics*+2 = DEX 2+0+0
C Climb*+9 = STR 5+1+3
C Craft(carpenter) +4 = INT 0+1+3
N Escape Artist*+2 = DEX 2+0+0
N Fly*+2 = DEX 2+0+0
C Intimidate+5 = CHA 0+2+3
C Knowledge (Nature)+5 = INT 0+2+3
C Perception+5 = WIS 0+2+3
C Ride+2 = DEX 2+0+0
N Stealth*+2 = DEX 2+0+0
C Survival+4 = WIS 0+1+3
C Swim*+9 = STR 5+1+3

Equipment:

Money: $14.3

Weapons (total cost: $4)

Battleaxe (heirloom, masterwork, no cost)
Two Daggers-- $4

Armor (total cost: $39)

Leather-- $10
Light Steel Shield-- $9
Armored Kilt-- $20
Ballistic Fibre Vest-- Free, background pick

Kits (total cost: $9.5)

Barbarian's Kit-- $9
includes backpack, belt pouch, blanket, flint and steel, iron pot, rope, soap, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), waterskin

Fishing Kit-- $0.5
includes fishing pole and lures

Camping (total cost: $35.1)

bedroll-- $0.1
tent, Medium-- $15
Netting, Camo-- $20

Other (total cost: $28.1)

Compass-- $10
Book, Journal-- $10
Inkpen-- $0.1
Ink-- $8

Backstory:

(Note: the family history is inaccurate. Some Sauvage slapped some edits on it. But the bit with the father down is accurate)

Marcus Anthony Sauvage was born 21 years before the present into a particularly disreputable family of Kenebac. They tended to have anger management problems, they tended to be bad workers (because of the first reason), and they tended to get into fights (especially when the town cracked open a cask of alcohol).

Marcus's great-great-grandfather had been the one to immigrate to Kenebac. He had brought his wife and son. As a blacksmith, he decided to forge the town a gift, to gain their acceptance. He made a greataxe, and gave it to mayor of the town during a formal ceremony, and from that point on took up his mantel as town blacksmith and storyteller, for he knew tales of the time before the apocalypse, and he passed those tales on to his children.

His son, Marcus's great-grandfather, was taught the blacksmithing trade, and as the family specialized in the creation of axes, made his signature battleaxe. This axe, passed on from son to son, is engraved with the family name, Sauvage, on the blade. The haft was long enough, and the whole weapon light enough, that it could be wielded with either one hand or two. This axe was made in a time that the people had not quite figured out how to convert old world gun tech to useful devices, which made the melee weapons a necasary part of any military group.

The Sauvage Axe was passed from father to son as easily as it could, given the family's temperament for anger, until it reached Marcus's father and Marcus himself. His father, when he got home from blacksmithing and drinking, would unleash his anger upon his son, through use of fists and kicks. Bred on tales of the time before, Marcus's father was angry at the apocalypse that thrust them into this hell, at the town that distrusted their family, at everything.

Marcus found a place, deep within his heart, for all the pain and anger and fury that was bathed upon him as a child. He bottled it up inside.

When his father died, Marcus took the Sauvage Axe, and left Kenebac and his mother behind. Too many painful memories for him to linger. He took up the role of scavenger and trader, as he wandered from town to town. He was never truly accepted by any place he knew of or visited, as the anger that he had inherited, and the fury and pain he had bottled up inside, would come spiraling out, and turn him into a demon from hell, when someone crossed his very short annoyance threshold.

Marcus first learned how to control the emergence of the anger during a fight with another scavenger, over a particularly valuable device. At least, it looked valuable. Marcus didn't really know what it was. The two fought, Marcus learned how to unleash the rage that constantly built up inside of him through the years of wanderings and being shunned by the more civilized aspects of society. The other scavenger died. Quickly.

Ever since then, Marcus has lived by hunting and gathering, as well as trading supplies to Kenebac (where he makes a point of avoiding his mother), Grey Fields, and the Neo-Royalists (when their militia isn't around). Though he doesn't scavenge much, he does occasionally, as the occupation is too dangerous for him, as the other scavengers tend to have either more skilled, better equipment, or larger numbers. And to keep the ancestral anger from ruining his social life even further, he took up a journal, and pours the days frustrations into it each night.

valadaar:
Good enough!

I'll add one of these http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,6464.msg77987.html#msg77987 to your equipment to equal out Carnegie's toys.

No AC bonus, but you'll take less damage.

valadaar:
Did you add the +3 for all your class skills? Some appear missing

caesar193:
All the skills I have ranks in have the class skills bonus. Some of them I only put in because I get a bonus on them with my stats.

And now to pick out my two Background Picks...

valadaar:
Your axe ate one already, along with the ballistic vest. Otherwise you can't afford a mastercraft axe.
The Axe no longer has any particular complications since I am using the background options for covering special items.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version