llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Story filled with magic and great power.......  (Read 3566 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
A Story filled with magic and great power.......
« on: August 05, 2003, 04:24:27 PM »
A cloaked figure stole through the night wearing a seemingly black cloak and hood.  Though you could tell whether it was male or female, it walked with an air of controlling the surroundings.  It stalked toward a taverns barn and quickly located a gray steed.  The figure, after soothing the horse, mounted and rode into the distance......
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 05:43:45 PM »
The silent moonshadow of Brother of Shadowed Ashes crawled like a spider up the wall, leaping over the top, prowling silently in the umbral form of the battlement. His body, swathed in black silks and protected only with a cuirass, made from plates of black leather. Ahead, a guard stood stoically, watching the road. Brother pulled the black silk hood-and-mask up over his head, revealing silvery-white hair that glimmered in the moonlight. The guard, his eye caught by the glimmer, turned quickly.

The body of the guard fell from the walls, an arrow between his eyes. Brother of Shadowed Ashes nocked another arrow on his bow, carved in a draconic aspect. He paused as a rider fled on horseback down the road. Brother's unblinking eyes recognized the rider. His target.

A single, silent moonshadow breezed over the wall, pursuing the gray-cloaked rider.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 08:04:51 PM »
The elf leaned into the wind.  The big brown charger galloped down the road.  She had made good time.  Someone had put the call out for a bounty hunter, and 'Striana had answered it.  But it bothered her deeply that she didn't know just who or what she was hunting.  The man she had contacted had been d**nably vague on that point.  She was still debating the wisdom of accepting his commission.  But she had made it a part of the deal that she could back out at anytime if she chose.  She just hoped it wouldn't come to it.  Money was always nice.  Something suddenly caught her attention.  Another rider on the road, going the same direction.  And a very fast rider, too.  The rider resembled nothing so much as a grey ghost.  Faintly puzzled, and wondering if maybe the rider had anything to do with her commission, 'Striana urged the horse faster.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 09:25:46 AM »
As the figure rode into the distance it finally pulled off the hood to see more clearly.  It reavealed golden locks of hair flowing to her back and slight pointed ears showing her race.  She knew she was taking a gamble, but she had to think for a moment....it all came back to her

blood...ghosts...running in the dark...this mysterious person forcing her to flee, and fast!  She only knew she was being hunted.  She didn't know why or how, but she knew that she couldn't go home and endanger her family anymore.  She just had to find what she was searching for.  If only she would make it in time.

As she forced her charger to flee forward she caught sight of another elf on the road, but not an elf of her race.  There was something different about her.  As she was just about to turn around she saw an arrow aimed right for her speeding in the darkness!!! She had to run and run fast!! But where could she go that was safe?  She flew down the road deciding to pass the elf with such speed she wouldn't be followed.
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 02:51:37 PM »
Brother of Shadowed Ashes stared after his shot. For once in his life, his eyes had decieved him. His Obsidian Arrows of Woe had never missed before.

He dashed up the trees, using each as a launch point into the next. Only a slight breeze heralded his path. Leaping into the road, Brother dropped to the ground, rolling out of the way as another rider, straddling a brown charger, going very fast. Quickly swathing himself in darkness, the assassin watched as the rider, an elf, dashed into the distance. He detached from the shadows, an Obsidian Arrow of Woe already nocked in his bow. He would not miss this rider...

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 08:12:21 PM »
Whispering a quick prayer to the Anchients Shandra continued riding her black steed getting ready to cast a spell.  Knowing protection spell s only last a few moments she again lifted up in prayer cahnting all the while.  Tough dhe didn't look it, Shandra was an apprentice magic-user.  Not as skilled as a regular spell caster, she knew only the basic spell, but she had been taught by one of the best.  Suddenly she started rising into the air! "d**n," she silently cursed to herself and she began chanting again.  This time an eerie aura consumed the rider and the ridden.  She knew she had to act quickly for she knew her purserer was weilding either an enchanted bow or arrows for they kept following her.  "May Athemis protect me"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 10:38:16 PM »
'Striana frowned as the rider suddenly ducked and put on a burst of speed.  She had never seen any one ride that fast.  Though it was dark, her eyes were keen enough to see the arrow where it had struck a tree.  As she passed, she leaned over and yanked it out.  Might come in handy later.  As she did, another arrow came whistling out of the darkness.  And stuck fast in her shoulder.  'Striana cried out, but stayed in her saddle.  There was going to be hell to pay for this.  Either the hidden archer or the fleeing rider was going to regret this, and quite possibly both.  But Nalorak was a fast horse.  A deceptively fast horse.  Her shoulder hurt like blazes.  "What the hell have I gotten myself into?"

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 11:03:26 PM »
Brother of Shadowed Ashe nodded to himself, and crawled monkey-like up a tree. He leapt from treetop to treetop, keeping the riders in his sight.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 07:25:19 AM »
Shandra stopped at stared at the arrow that had been meant for her.  She whispered, "aHrak" and the purple glow vanished.  She hoped the brown rider was alright....."NO," she veircely said to herself that was the old Shandra!  Now she had to feel no pity for anyone.  Trust noone...that was what she had to do.  But she couldn't help wpndering, " id sh asked noone, then who could help her find this ancient relic that would save her elven home.  She knew she had to either go on or turn back.  She didn't know what to do.  As she turned around to go back she saw a wolf come out of the forest, look at her and drop an amulet, vanishing into the forest.  She dismounted and picked it up, it was engraved with the symbol of Athemis.  She knew she had to go on and find the tool that would save her home.  SHe then noticed a tree branch slightly shake, and there wasn't anymore wind...she mounted the horse desperate to get to a public place soon...and fast.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 08:06:17 AM »
(OOC: Oooookay then...)

'Striana kept after the other rider.  She didn't care anymore whether or not the person had anything to do with her current job.  Now she was just pissed off, and she wanted answers.  Who was doing the shooting would be a start.  Why would be nice too.  And 'What the hell is going on here' would be great.  The other rider had stopped for a moment, and 'Striana gained ground.  But she figured the chase had better wind up soon.  She felt like she was losing a lot of blood from the wound in her shoulder, almost too much blood for an arrow.  But she couldn't reach around and pull it out, or she'd lose her balance.  She'd have to wait until she stopped, and she had no intention of doing so until she had caught up with the other rider.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 10:03:06 AM »
Shandra looked behind her and gasped.  The rider was still following her and slowly closing the gap between them.  She knew she should save her horses energy for later, but that amulet....
As she was thinking the other elf was drawing nearer....
Then suddenly a flash.*the smell of blood. the decay of flesh....ghosts all around her pleaing....she had decided she would take a chance and wait for the rider.  Just in case she got ready for a spell.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 06:22:21 PM »
The other rider finally stopped and allowed 'Striana to catch up.  As she reigned in Nalorak, she saw that the other rider was an elf as well.  "d**n it, but I'm glad you stopped.  I wasn't looking forward to chasing you all the way into town."  She leaned forward against the horse's neck for a moment, resting.  Then she reached up and started trying to pull the arrow loose from her shoulder.  "It would be very nice, ow! if you could please explain to me why, ess, someone is shooting at you?  I ...d**n it, that hurts... took one of them for you, and I would very much like to know why."  She sucked in a hissing breath and finally pulled the arrow out.  As she looked at it, she suddenly became aware that someone was coming.  "Actually, it can wait, because I think we should get the hell out of here."

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 06:54:49 PM »
"Hold on," Shandra spoke trying to stay calm.  She knew this person might just be able to help her out.  At least she wasn't the only one one who didn't know what the hell was going on.  "I can cast a spell of protection and speeding our horses up at the same time, but I'll need your consent to the matter," SHandra replied.  "Just try to think of me as a friend, even though we have only been together a few short minutes."  "If you think you don't need any help just don't do anything and flee the same as I'm doing," "I have a quick word of advice tthoough, ummmmm let's cut the small talk and head for the trees where its harder to shoot us d**n people," shandra cried(she didn't actually cry though) Shandra began shating again, "exo mypheris exo mypheris SALAAM...

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2003, 11:15:56 AM »
OOC: I'm not going to be able 2 roleplay today or tomorrow b/c its my birthday so sry.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2003, 03:15:14 PM »
OOC: No need to apologize. Long gaps in replies are common around here.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 10:56:44 PM »
(OOC:  Yep.  Happy birthday.)

"Yeah.  Whatever."  'Striana wasn't paying too much attention to the other girl.  She was scanning the woods.  Something was out there, and she wasn't at all comfortable with it.  She pulled a crossbow from where it hung across her back, wincing as the pain in her shoulder flared.  "When you're done, let's go."  She wasn't at all sure how much longer she could stay on her horse.  She'd lost a lot of blood, and her shoulder hurt terribly.  She wondered if that hadn't been an ordinary arrow.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2003, 07:14:47 AM »
What a nice person Shandra thought to herself.  Well she knew she had acted pretty dumbly and decided to stay behind...just in case this girl fainted.  She had lost a lot of blood already and who knew what was out there.  She dismounted and slowly moved into the trees.  She stood still for about a moment and her image began to waver.  Then she was completely invisible, one woth the night.  As she disappeared she wondered about what they would think of her, since she was a dark-elf.  Most people screamed, or tried to kill her.  She hoped this would be different.